HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leetch

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2004, 10:31 AM
  #1
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,285
vCash: 500
Leetch

I saw the rumor about Philly, and I just have to say, Sather would have to rob Clarke (something like Gagne, Carter and a future #1), for the deal to be even close to palatable for me. And, to be honest, as much as Leetch might bring back value, I still would rather not see him traded. I know it was the IceHoles and there is still so much wrong about this organization. But, I could think of worse things than a forward core anchored by Holik, Jagr and the likes of Lundmark, Moore, Ortmeyer, Wiseman and Murray, and a defensive corp of Leetch, DeVries, Tyuitn and Kasparitis.

jas is online now  
Old
02-27-2004, 10:49 AM
  #2
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
I saw the rumor about Philly, and I just have to say, Sather would have to rob Clarke (something like Gagne, Carter and a future #1), for the deal to be even close to palatable for me. And, to be honest, as much as Leetch might bring back value, I still would rather not see him traded. I know it was the IceHoles and there is still so much wrong about this organization. But, I could think of worse things than a forward core anchored by Holik, Jagr and the likes of Lundmark, Moore, Ortmeyer, Wiseman and Murray, and a defensive corp of Leetch, DeVries, Tyuitn and Kasparitis.
I just can't agree here. Look, I don't want to give Leetch away but dealing him is the right thing to do. We keep him and I'm afraid he stays as the same inconsistent player who is far from making the best of his talents. I see no reason for it to change...Oretmeyer, Wiseman and Murray are good future 4th liners (maybe a 3rd liner in there) but the jury is still out big time on Lundmark and even Murray as potential top 6...But if Brian Leetch could be traded for a Prospect or a young player that has much better potential of being a top 6 forward, plus a good draft pick (#1), it has to be done..IMO, of course..If teams aren't willingto ante up, then I have no problem keeping him..

Larry Melnyk is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 11:05 AM
  #3
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
I just can't agree here. Look, I don't want to give Leetch away but dealing him is the right thing to do. We keep him and I'm afraid he stays as the same inconsistent player who is far from making the best of his talents. I see no reason for it to change...Oretmeyer, Wiseman and Murray are good future 4th liners (maybe a 3rd liner in there) but the jury is still out big time on Lundmark and even Murray as potential top 6...But if Brian Leetch could be traded for a Prospect or a young player that has much better potential of being a top 6 forward, plus a good draft pick (#1), it has to be done..IMO, of course..If teams aren't willingto ante up, then I have no problem keeping him..
I'd have to agree. The future of the rangers is more important now than the present and past. Leetch is the best trading chip we have. Boston survived the trading of Bourque. Edmonton survived the trading of Gretzky. The Rangers can survive the trading of Leetch.

DarthSather99 is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 11:39 AM
  #4
ddheyman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Cliffside Park, NJ
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
I'd have to agree. The future of the rangers is more important now than the present and past. Leetch is the best trading chip we have. Boston survived the trading of Bourque. Edmonton survived the trading of Gretzky. The Rangers can survive the trading of Leetch.
Surviving is not the point ... our defense is in shambles currently ... without Leetch I think our defense would be akin to that of an AHL team. In my humble opinion, if we trade him, I want at least 2 firsts (i.e. Carter and a 1st - although I can't stomach trading him to the flyers) ... other than that its just not worth it to get a marginal prospect, who may or may not do anything ever in this league, for a proven top pair defenseman who plays injured and has been the heart of this team for 10 years.

ddheyman is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 11:52 AM
  #5
kazo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
I just can't agree here. Look, I don't want to give Leetch away but dealing him is the right thing to do. We keep him and I'm afraid he stays as the same inconsistent player who is far from making the best of his talents. I see no reason for it to change...Oretmeyer, Wiseman and Murray are good future 4th liners (maybe a 3rd liner in there) but the jury is still out big time on Lundmark and even Murray as potential top 6...But if Brian Leetch could be traded for a Prospect or a young player that has much better potential of being a top 6 forward, plus a good draft pick (#1), it has to be done..IMO, of course..If teams aren't willingto ante up, then I have no problem keeping him..
You know how I feel about trading Leetch. I've been beating that drum for a couple of years now. Not because I have anything against Brian ( I love the guy) but because it's the right thing to do. But I won't give him away. It has to be for a decent return.

Give me Jeff Carter and a 1st and I'll pay for Brian's limo ride to Philly.

kazo is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 12:28 PM
  #6
Potter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Bridgewater NJ
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potter
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazo
You know how I feel about trading Leetch. I've been beating that drum for a couple of years now. Not because I have anything against Brian ( I love the guy) but because it's the right thing to do. But I won't give him away. It has to be for a decent return.

Give me Jeff Carter and a 1st and I'll pay for Brian's limo ride to Philly.

Yeah I'm with kazo here. I'm a big believe in attacking teams with a log jam at certain position because you can always get a good deal on top notch talent. With Carter and Richards (along with Primeau, Handzuz, Sharp, Lapointe) they have a couple extra centers laying around there. Carter and Richards could be had for cheaper from the flyers than they could from... us for example (a team with no much down the middle at all). Carter and a 1st for Leetch? Let them have him for this season and another year. I'm saying this and I love Leetch.

You have to make this trade for the New York Rangers franchise.

Potter is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 12:36 PM
  #7
HockeyIsDiferentHere
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
I saw the rumor about Philly, and I just have to say, Sather would have to rob Clarke (something like Gagne, Carter and a future #1), for the deal to be even close to palatable for me. And, to be honest, as much as Leetch might bring back value, I still would rather not see him traded. I know it was the IceHoles and there is still so much wrong about this organization. But, I could think of worse things than a forward core anchored by Holik, Jagr and the likes of Lundmark, Moore, Ortmeyer, Wiseman and Murray, and a defensive corp of Leetch, DeVries, Tyuitn and Kasparitis.

I don't care where Leetch is traded as long as we get some solid return that would brighten the future of this team. I would be more than happy if we can get Carter and Radevojevic and 3rd round pick next year for Leetch.

 
Old
02-27-2004, 01:03 PM
  #8
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,833
vCash: 500
Pleau in St.Louis knows what Leetch means to a team in the playoffs....plus his team still needs to get there, I think they could offer a sweet package:

To STL-Leetch, Hlavac
To NYR- K.Zakharov, D.Backes, 2005 1st.

Zahkarov(Center, 6'1 190) is a smooth skating scorer, Backes(C/W, 6'3 200) is one of College's best Freshman.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 01:07 PM
  #9
HockeyIsDiferentHere
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Pleau in St.Louis knows what Leetch means to a team in the playoffs....plus his team still needs to get there, I think they could offer a sweet package:

To STL-Leetch, Hlavac
To NYR- K.Zakharov, D.Backes, 2005 1st.

Zahkarov(Center, 6'1 190) is a smooth skating scorer, Backes(C/W, 6'3 200) is one of College's best Freshman.

The problem is that Blues might miss playoffs so I doubt they will take such a big gamble, although they might want Rucinsky back.

 
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.