Notices

Boston Bruins vs. The Caps 5:00pm est

Old
10-06-2008, 12:16 AM
misterjaggers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
Including today's game the standout scorers in the pre-season were...

Bergeron who led the team with 6 pointts in 6 games.
Ference had 6 points in 5 games.
Krejci had 5 points in 3 games.
Wheeler had 5 points in 7 games.
Don't forget Axelsson's 3 goals.

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 07:01 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorskic View Post
Would he get an opportunity in Europe? Say we waive him and "loan" him to a European club? Is that an option here? With his ideas on fashion, he'd fit in...
Perhaps there is someone here who is far more familiar with the legalities of "loaning" a player, I thought I heard rumblings of a similiar nature with Chicago`s handling of Khabibulin, but I think more specifically it was to the KHL or whatever they call it in Russia.

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Milan Lucic

Can we get rid of Schaefer and Alberts already? We need another defenseman for the bottom pairing, because a duo of Alberts and Ference scares the **** out of me...and not in a good way.

Milan Lucic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Stone Clode Stunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan Lucic View Post
Can we get rid of Schaefer and Alberts already? We need another defenseman for the bottom pairing, because a duo of Alberts and Ference scares the **** out of me...and not in a good way.
Matt Hunwick. Get rid of Schaefer and Alberts any way you can, and keep Hunwick and Wheeler on the team.

Blake has played well on both wings, and he's played with Savard, Bergeron & Krejci and his game has not changed no matter whose line he was on.

He can be moved around anywhere in our top 9 and still have success; coaches love to have that versatility.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminated View Post
Matt Hunwick. Get rid of Schaefer and Alberts any way you can, and keep Hunwick and Wheeler on the team.

Blake has played well on both wings, and he's played with Savard, Bergeron & Krejci and his game has not changed no matter whose line he was on.

He can be moved around anywhere in our top 9 and still have success; coaches love to have that versatility.
Agreed. Based on results, there's no way Alberts should make the team. Hunwick proved, IMO, that he's a more reliable D-man.

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminated View Post

I really think he finds his stride on our third line with Krejci and Kobasew...Not sure who is going to get that coveted 1st line LW position, but I think that is decided in the next 12 hours...

Coach Parker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 09:56 AM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
I agree with much of the Real Linseman except for his assessment of Phil Kessel. I saw very little hustle from No. 81 and thought it was one of the poorer games I've seen from him. He failed to put the Savard shot home at the end of regulation because he was coasting into the zone instead of skating hard- that forced him to have to put on a burst and then have to reach for the puck, which resulted in him putting it into Theodore. He made up for it with the shootout goal, but overall, I thought it was a pretty poor effort from Phil the Thrill.
I noticed that a few times, his timing with his linemates was off; they weren't reading each other particularly well; there were a few passes sent behind him, but overall, I think he was hustling out there. On the final play, I thought he was hanging back on purpose to give the passer a slot option. Kind of a bang-bang play; when he charged the net the pass really was too late in getting to him and he was forced to overskate the play, as I remember it; but it happened pretty fast. Overall, I thought he hustled pretty well although he plays small. To me, the team has to make a decision whether they're willing to live with that, and his 25-35 goals, plus money shootouts (which is something not to dismiss lightly) for the size of this contract or trade him for value this season. It could be that on THIS team, the braintrust will not see him as the best fit. Good player, though. Had my oldest daughter and son with me, 11 and 10 yrs old. My daughter, more there for the snacks than the game said at one point, "Who's that #81? He's really good." So, he's got that going for him.

My son, wearing my Linseman jersey about 5x too big, was great. During the shootout, in reaction to the Caps fans booing Kessel and Bergy as they prepared to shoot, as the crowd grew silent as Ovechkin prepared to shoot, my son starts to boo. Loudly. We were in like the equivalent of section 314 at the TDBNG and almost everyone in the section turns around in disbelief and didn't know what to do when a 10 yr old in a Bruins jersey was booing OV. Pretty funny.

Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
Aw, what the hell, let's make another thread about how much Gagne sucks.
TheReal13Linseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post

My son, wearing my Linseman jersey about 5x too big, was great. During the shootout, in reaction to the Caps fans booing Kessel and Bergy as they prepared to shoot, as the crowd grew silent as Ovechkin prepared to shoot, my son starts to boo. Loudly. We were in like the equivalent of section 314 at the TDBNG and almost everyone in the section turns around in disbelief and didn't know what to do when a 10 yr old in a Bruins jersey was booing OV. Pretty funny.
That's great and took some courage- good stuff.

I thought the dancing kid on the jumbotron was pretty funny. Had not Alberts screwed up at the end of the second, I would have written that the kid was the highlight of the period for the Caps. It's really a shame, because the B's played so well and really smothered the Caps in the 2nd. Alberts simply has to execute better.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 04:32 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
That's great and took some courage- good stuff.

I thought the dancing kid on the jumbotron was pretty funny. Had not Alberts screwed up at the end of the second, I would have written that the kid was the highlight of the period for the Caps. It's really a shame, because the B's played so well and really smothered the Caps in the 2nd. Alberts simply has to execute better.

That dancin kid was great.

As for Alberts, I haven't seen enough of Hunwick, although I generally liked what I saw of him in the one game I saw him in last year, but I would try to move him in at this point based upon what people have said about him here and in the press. I don't think it can reasonably be argued that Alberts should even be our #7 a this point.

TheReal13Linseman is offline   Reply With Quote