HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calling SOTI Please

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2004, 04:08 PM
L.I.RangerFan

vCash: 500
Calling SOTI Please

SOTI

If you are stopping in here, could you please update us as to the goings on inside Ranger La La Land? Please tell us that Sather is out on his arse and that the Rangers are going into a rebuilding mode, not just remodeling.

Actually any info would be good. Just don't get yourself in trouble.

Thanks

Old
02-24-2004, 06:38 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
bump.... :p

Old
02-24-2004, 09:36 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Why does anyone think that there is anyone out there who knows what Sather is thinking? Sather answers to no one, has his people in just about every position in the organization (and doesn't confide in the one or two who aren't part of his inner circle) and works in an organization that is completely paranoid about leaks. There is no information out there.

Old
02-24-2004, 09:38 PM
Fitzlax99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Why does anyone think that there is anyone out there who knows what Sather is thinking? Sather answers to no one, has his people in just about every position in the organization (and doesn't confide in the one or two who aren't part of his inner circle) and works in an organization that is completely paranoid about leaks. There is no information out there.
No one can know what Sather is going to do, but Perhaps SOTI can tell us what Rangers upper mgmt is going to do with Sather.

Old
02-24-2004, 09:50 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzlax99
No one can know what Sather is going to do, but Perhaps SOTI can tell us what Rangers upper mgmt is going to do with Sather.
You're aware that the Dolans have fired people from Garden management in the past for leaking information? I'm not suggesting that SOTI doesn't have solid sources around the NHL (I honestly don't know). Just suggesting that no one who knows is going to cross the Dolans and talk about things they hear. There have been very few rumors coming out of the Ranger organization since Sather was hired--most of it comes from sources around the league--why would things suddenly change? And why would either Dolan say anything to anyone that they didn't want repeated in the press--they've insulated themselves from the press almost completely.

Old
02-24-2004, 11:04 PM
Fitzlax99

Quote:
You're aware that the Dolans have fired people from Garden management in the past for leaking information? I'm not suggesting that SOTI doesn't have solid sources around the NHL (I honestly don't know). Just suggesting that no one who knows is going to cross the Dolans and talk about things they hear. There have been very few rumors coming out of the Ranger organization since Sather was hired--most of it comes from sources around the league--why would things suddenly change? And why would either Dolan say anything to anyone that they didn't want repeated in the press--they've insulated themselves from the press almost completely.
Honestly, I have no idea what kind of source SOTI is. But he is very respected on the board and has a reputation of being reliable. I'm simply saying that the fact that Sather runs a tight lipped ship has nothing to do with what Rangers upper mgmt has planning. This is as much of a business decision as it is a hockey one, I have no idea who will get this info.

Besides, posting info on a site like this is alot safer than talking to the press.

Old
02-25-2004, 06:59 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:

Brook,

Just like the press has their inside sources (shown today by the back page of the Post), we have SOTI. He has come on here numerous times and while he is not always right (just like the press); he is usually a good source of info. We have no clue as to his position, whether it be with the Rangers or with the press, but his comments are always welcome.

Also I did ask him to be careful and not to get into any trouble by giving us info. All I was looking for was some info as to the plans for the future. Remember he does not have to post anything, it is his choice.

Basically I was looking for some HOPE that the Ranger organization was moving in a different direction then the past miserable 7 years.

Old
02-25-2004, 07:17 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
Brook,

Just like the press has their inside sources (shown today by the back page of the Post), we have SOTI. He has come on here numerous times and while he is not always right (just like the press); he is usually a good source of info. We have no clue as to his position, whether it be with the Rangers or with the press, but his comments are always welcome.

Also I did ask him to be careful and not to get into any trouble by giving us info. All I was looking for was some info as to the plans for the future. Remember he does not have to post anything, it is his choice.

Basically I was looking for some HOPE that the Ranger organization was moving in a different direction then the past miserable 7 years.
Hope? What's that? I seriously doubt anyone (even the Dolans) knows what's going to happen after the season. And in the meantime Sather is still in control and is in the process of remaking the organization yet again--in his own image.

It worked so well the first time.

Old
02-25-2004, 07:22 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
Hope? What's that? I seriously doubt anyone (even the Dolans) knows what's going to happen after the season. And in the meantime Sather is still in control and is in the process of remaking the organization yet again--in his own image.

It worked so well the first time.

That's why I was hoping that todays back page of the Post would have been Sather Fired.

Old
02-25-2004, 07:57 AM
rw88

There is no real news that most of you don't already know. The Sather "step down" was a bit of a surprise, but I don't think it's a big deal at all becuase the season is over and this just gives Glen more time to focus on trades. It's been well documented that the Rangers will be heavy sellers (if they can) over the next two weeks and I expect they will try and get NHL ready prospects or players if they can. A colleague in Detroit said that the wings are interested in Leetch, Alex and Dunham..but doesn't think they'll trade for all of them. He told me that Sather has been putting out feelers to almost every team in the playoff hunt to see what the interest is in almost every player on the team.

A previous poster was right. The Ranger organization is very tight liped and almost never leak anything.

Old
02-25-2004, 08:00 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_O_T_I
There is no real news that most of you don't already know. The Sather "step down" was a bit of a surprise, but I don't think it's a big deal at all becuase the season is over and this just gives Glen more time to focus on trades. It's been well documented that the Rangers will be heavy sellers (if they can) over the next two weeks and I expect they will try and get NHL ready prospects or players if they can. A colleague in Detroit said that the wings are interested in Leetch, Alex and Dunham..but doesn't think they'll trade for all of them. He told me that Sather has been putting out feelers to almost every team in the playoff hunt to see what the interest is in almost every player on the team.

A previous poster was right. The Ranger organization is very tight liped and almost never leak anything.
Thanks SOTI for keeping us fans informed. Keep the info coming if you can, just be careful.

Old
02-25-2004, 12:28 PM
RANGER#11

Quote:

Why would the wings want Dunham when they have Legacy and Joseph?

Old
02-25-2004, 01:06 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:

Real informative

Old
02-25-2004, 02:34 PM
rw88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Real informative
Would you rather me make up fake rumors?

Old
02-25-2004, 02:46 PM
Potter

Send a message via AIM to Potter
Quote:
Real informative
bluenote come on, alittle respect? LI asked him what he knew and he's just telling us what he knows. unneccessary comment.

Old
02-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Sorry guys, I am one of the few who doubts SOTI's inside info, just having some fun

Old
02-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Rodent

Quote:
Real informative
Now that was condescending.

The guy was explicitly asked to say something and he did what he could.

Old
02-25-2004, 04:31 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
Now that was condescending.

The guy was explicitly asked to say something and he did what he could.
When SOTI proves to me that he has inside info, then i'll gladly retract any harmful/offending/condescending/discouraging remarks i've posted about the fellow

I don't debate the fact that the guy may be connected to certain news sources, but since the beginnings of these boards(and Rivals for that matter), i've not read a SOTI post that had anything solid on 'inside info'.

Old
02-25-2004, 04:46 PM
rw88

Quote:
When SOTI proves to me that he has inside info, then i'll gladly retract any harmful/offending/condescending/discouraging remarks i've posted about the fellow

I don't debate the fact that the guy may be connected to certain news sources, but since the beginnings of these boards(and Rivals for that matter), i've not read a SOTI post that had anything solid on 'inside info'.
Blue note. I have never claimed to have "inside information". I work in the media and spend a lot of time around the team (and I use to work for the Rangers many years ago). I have never claimed to have "inside info"..I don't know why you think I've made that claim? I talk to as many people as I can which includes other members of the media and some people on the Rangers staff..but that's it, and that's all I've ever claimed.

Old
02-25-2004, 04:59 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:

If you’re looking for trade rumors, there are plenty of sites to feast your eyes on. I think SOTI has been level with all of us since day 1. There’s nothing he needs to prove because he offers exactly what’s being asked of him. He’s a member of the media and his info reflects that. More often than not his reports to us appear in the tri-state papers that day or the next day. What, exactly, do you need him to verify for you? Would it be easier to digest if he came on with reports about Detroit offering Datsyuk for Leetch/Kovie? He said in his post he doesn’t know much beyond what we know right now. Where’s the problem? I want to try and understand where you’re coming from with this, I really do. I just can’t. No matter how many different way I look at this you still come out the “bad guy”.

Old
02-25-2004, 05:13 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Yeah, i'm no stranger to being labelled the 'bad guy' :p

I'm just pointing out that for someone who titles himself as 'Someone On The Inside' he seems to just repeat what we already know or can assume for ourselves. Yes, SOTI doesn't come here bragging, or claiming to have a wealth of Ranger info, but I can't take what he says about Sather as actual evidence when anyone could say the stuff he says.

Regardless, if I've offended anyone, my deepest apologies.

Old
02-25-2004, 05:44 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Yeah, i'm no stranger to being labelled the 'bad guy' :p

I'm just pointing out that for someone who titles himself as 'Someone On The Inside' he seems to just repeat what we already know or can assume for ourselves. Yes, SOTI doesn't come here bragging, or claiming to have a wealth of Ranger info, but I can't take what he says about Sather as actual evidence when anyone could say the stuff he says.

Regardless, if I've offended anyone, my deepest apologies.
Remember earlier in the year when SOTI came on and said there was a meeting between Sather and Dolan? Yes he said that Sather was on the verge of being fired, which obviously wasn't true, but the next day a few of the papers mentioned that there was a meeting among the Ranger brass. A few days later, Jagr was acquired, so I think you can imagine what was being said at that meeting a few days prior. To me, given that evidence, the guy's obviously legit. But if you wish to disagree, I respect that.

Old
02-25-2004, 05:47 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Hey, i believe the guy is legit, i just wouldn't go as far to say he's S.O.T.I.

Old
02-25-2004, 07:10 PM
Potter

Send a message via AIM to Potter
Quote:
if you dont believe him, thats fine. i dont believe everything i read or hear (ie. state of the union or anything else bush says). but you dont need to go out of your way to bust his balls, its disrespectful. just dont listen to what he says and move on.

Old
02-25-2004, 07:13 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Fair enough, bluenote13 (if thats your real name!)... :p

Closed Thread