HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

sharks players that can be traded

Old
10-05-2008, 09:29 PM
sweHockeypunk21

vCash: 500
sharks players that can be traded

sharks need to loose cap space

what teams would be interested in players like

mclaren(we'll give anything to get rid of him)
grier(has to be a good return)
Ehroff(has to be good return)

sweHockeypunk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 09:31 PM
vancityluongo

I'd love to have Grier on the Canucks. The guy is all heart.

Burrows-Kesler-Grier would be one of the top checking lines in the league, easily.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweHockeypunk21 View Post

Kyle McLaren doesn't have to be traded to lose his cap hit so if people expect the Sharks to add a pick when Schneider didn't need one at 5.625, they're fooling themselves. There probably isn't a market for McLaren right now so waiving him to Worcester would be a last resort.

Mike Grier has a no-trade clause and the Sharks have no motivation to trade him with the ability to waive and assign Kyle McLaren.

It would be stupid to trade Ehrhoff after extending him and him being our best overall defenseman last season from start to finish.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Peter Griffin

No way the Sharks would trade Grier. McLaren is the most likely to be moved/dumped.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 09:34 PM
vancityluongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
No way the Sharks would trade Grier. McLaren is the most likely to be moved/dumped.
Back to reality.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 09:36 PM
sweHockeypunk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Kyle McLaren doesn't have to be traded to lose his cap hit so if people expect the Sharks to add a pick when Schneider didn't need one at 5.625, they're fooling themselves. There probably isn't a market for McLaren right now so waiving him to Worcester would be a last resort.

Mike Grier has a no-trade clause and the Sharks have no motivation to trade him with the ability to waive and assign Kyle McLaren.

It would be stupid to trade Ehrhoff after extending him and him being our best overall defenseman last season from start to finish.
okay your right about everything

but the ehroff being the best overall
the best was by far Vlasic or Rivet

sweHockeypunk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
Back to reality.
Yea, Grier would be a great fit with Kesler/Burrows, but it also appears that Hansen will be a solid linemate for them as well.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 09:38 PM
xMARCStheSPOT

Send a message via AIM to xMARCStheSPOT Send a message via MSN to xMARCStheSPOT Send a message via Yahoo to xMARCStheSPOT
Truthfully it is very close between Ehrhoff and Vlasic IMO. Anyone could say either of the 2 were best.

xMARCStheSPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 01:43 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

McLaren would be a good pickup by the Oilers. They need a solid defensive defenseman on the blueline.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 03:07 AM
SJeasy

Quote:

Doug Wilson does not agree with you. He made the statement that Ehrhoff was THE stopper in an interview.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 03:27 AM
matt trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
Doug Wilson does not agree with you. He made the statement that Ehrhoff was THE stopper in an interview.
I agree wholeheartedly with him, Ehrhoff had an unreal year last year, while Vlasic fell off a bit. I think Ehrhoff is this most underrated player in the league, and one of the best penalty killing d-men in the conference. If he can get back to his rookie year abilities, or exceed them, the sharks d is looking really solid.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 10:21 AM
DousedInOil

I think some sort of deal arround grebeshkov and maclearn would make sense for both teams? San Jose gets some more offense and puck movement and oilers get someone that can't play a shutdown role.

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Riffo*

Ehroff for Schafer or Alberts

Riffo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:

Marleau!

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlong Connery View Post
Marleau!
Bwahahaha, you guys can't trick us Habs fans about rumours of him going to Montreal now....well, at least for the rest of this season. Than it'll all come back next summer

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 11:21 AM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Quite agree,Sj hurts their playoff chances with this move.Grier is to valuable to them.

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 01:52 PM
difren

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
Good ol' DW, giving Ehrhoff leniency after having a dismal year offensively and repeatedly taking dumb penalties (which would usually end up with the Sharks on the butt end of a 5-on-3). Oh, but he's fast.

There were worse players on the Sharks D than Ehrhoff last year, but I don't know how he could be the best. Even if he were technically better than everyone on the Sharks back end, I still wouldn't use the words "best" and "Ehrhoff" in a sentence unless we were talking about how well he missed the net last year.

difren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Hold the Pickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by difren View Post
Good ol' DW, giving Ehrhoff leniency after having a dismal year offensively and repeatedly taking dumb penalties (which would usually end up with the Sharks on the butt end of a 5-on-3). Oh, but he's fast.

There were worse players on the Sharks D than Ehrhoff last year, but I don't know how he could be the best. Even if he were technically better than everyone on the Sharks back end, I still wouldn't use the words "best" and "Ehrhoff" in a sentence unless we were talking about how well he missed the net last year.
Sometime early last season, management told Ehrhoff to concentrate on D. After that he became at worst tied for the best d-man defensively for the sharks last year. Look how badly the back-end suffered when he went down at the end of the year.

Not sure how many SJ games you see or which ones you saw but I totally disagree with your post. In fact, if he could just hit the net once in a while he'd be a Super solid 3rd D-man or possibly even a good 2nd if he continues his progress.

Hold the Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:

Grier for Crosby or how about Grier for Malkin? is that good enough return?

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:

No, they weren't

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 04:34 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold the Pickles View Post
Sometime early last season, management told Ehrhoff to concentrate on D. After that he became at worst tied for the best d-man defensively for the sharks last year. Look how badly the back-end suffered when he went down at the end of the year.

Not sure how many SJ games you see or which ones you saw but I totally disagree with your post. In fact, if he could just hit the net once in a while he'd be a Super solid 3rd D-man or possibly even a good 2nd if he continues his progress.
You stated my point well. I am well aware of his offensive woes. Someone else did an interpretation of the interview that was even more favorable to Ehrhoff than I am. The win/loss record with him out of the line up was something like 2-6, playoffs included. I don't think he is the greatest stopper or the next offensive superstar but he definitely made a difference for the Sharks transition game which showed in his stats. He was also critical to the PK.

My guess for this year is that he ends up #2 in ice time for the Sharks defense.

Last edited by SJeasy: 10-06-2008 at 04:39 PM.
SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
I'd give up Prucha and a pick for Grier, however it provide virtually no cap savings for you. would just be interested in reuniting Grier and Drury.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 05:31 PM
difren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold the Pickles View Post

So you disagree with my post, but then you said that IF he could hit the net, he'd be a solid third or second D...

To answer your question, I watched every game (went to about 38+ playoffs), except for the one that was blacked-out on Center Ice and wasn't a home game, but I did listen to that one.

I'm not saying he's the worst defenseman, in the league or on the team, and I tried to make that clear. Losing him for those games did have an effect, for sure. Putting in a hurt McLaren, an old Ozo, or a healthy Semenov isn't going to help the team win games in his absence (especially with Carle faultering for most of the year, Rivet unable to hold the puck at the point in the beginning of the year, and Murray being generally mediocre on both sides of the ice). He is certainly more valuable to the team than those 3 guys. I was just stating how I find his name and best don't really sit well in my mind.

The Sharks didn't have a great top pairing D last year, IMO, and did surprisingly well despite that.

difren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
I'd give up Prucha and a pick for Grier, however it provide virtually no cap savings for you. would just be interested in reuniting Grier and Drury.
Even if the Sharks wanted to deal Grier, he has a NTC

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Dr Quincy

Looks like they are in the same boat as everyone else. The spare parts they want to trade, nobody wants. The guys people want, they don't want to give up.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote