HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Kenny vs Spenny (Real, Fake, Half-Real/Fake)

View Poll Results: Is this show:
100% Real 13 10.57%
100% Staged/Fake/Etc 24 19.51%
50/50, Some stuff is real while other stuff is fake 62 50.41%
Mostly real but Spenny acts extra ignorant to the cheating making it semi-fake 24 19.51%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-06-2008, 08:55 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Kenny vs Spenny (Real, Fake, Half-Real/Fake)

Anyone else here watch this show? I just recently got into it and have already made my way to half way through season 3.

I like it a lot but question really if it is Real, Fake or partially fake.

Personally I feel some episodes to be more believable than others. Obviously nobody could technically be as stupid as spencer rice in real life as to not realize Kenny is going to cheat or whatever, but I think if anything Spenny allows the cheating to go on and plays ignorance just to make the show more entertaining. So to me that adds +1 to the fake side of things however, I think they play the competition with that aside.

Meaning that, I think they compete and spenny adds a bit of ignorance in just to make it a lot funnier. So. half fake half real.

I also think it's possible the show is entirely fake, but not that it could be entirely real.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 08:57 AM
The Fuhr*

I think Spenny believes he is morally superior to Kenny, so he tackles the competitions 100% legit and tries to beat Kenny even knowing in his mind that he will cheat.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 09:11 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
I think Spenny believes he is morally superior to Kenny, so he tackles the competitions 100% legit and tries to beat Kenny even knowing in his mind that he will cheat.
It's just because certain things have been farfetched. The rapper episode, the bible selling episode etc. The track episode where Kenny claims his mom is dead.

I mean, sure he plays it legit and tries to beat kenny, but he can't be as blindly ignorant as the show makes him look. It's one thing to let someone cheat but to fall victim to obvious schemes is just plain ignorant imo.

Like being sent to LA and all. And Spenny acting all high and mighty because Robert Deniro called him liking his script seemed very staged. Spenny isn't a good enough actor imo to pull off believing something like that and I don't think he's in reality stupid enough to believe it.

I think part of the shows staged aspect is that Spenny's character automatically has to fall for any ploy Kenny makes, or else the show wouldn't be funny. So in essence, it's partially staged with a real twist to it. Spenny essentially has to try and win despite the trickery and schemes.

Regardless I love the show. I know some people on google claimed they hated the show after season one cause they realized it was staged. I don't get really how that changes the enjoyment of the show though, it's still funny regardless and I won't be a hater because of that even if it's 100% staged.

Old
10-06-2008, 10:17 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

haha, great show

i think it's 50/50

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Tuggy

One of my favorite shows on TV. I'm not sure what is fake or what is real but it's still hilarious. Probably my favorite episode was who could go the longest with a goat tied to their leg. Kenny fed Spenny's goat coffee and redbull and it started going nuts. Or the one where who can go the longest without talking and Kenny uses the laptop to speak and has Spenny's super hot cousin there. Just the scene where he is with her and Spenny in the hall is awesome.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 01:55 PM
N Bahn Ahden

I think that its real, but in the process of editing it to make it more funny some parts come off as being fake, or are shot afterwards and added for a joke. I do believe that Spencer Rice is for real, as unusual as he is.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Spawn

I'd say 50/50.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Doomsday Device

Location: Gary Coleman's Finishing School for Doomsday Devices
The earlier episodes when it was on CBC seemed more realistic.

Doomsday Device is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Gobias Industries

The show SUCKS now..

Spenny is over the top, the contests suck..

I'll watch the first couple seasons and die from laughter....but now it just seems like a hilarious guy and a dick fake acting like morons...

Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Trends Analyst
Squirrel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobias Industries View Post
The show SUCKS now..

Spenny is over the top, the contests suck..

I'll watch the first couple seasons and die from laughter....but now it just seems like a hilarious guy and a dick fake acting like morons...
Totally agree, in the first season when Kenny locks Spenny in the "training room" and takes off to Niagara Falls then gets hit in the face with a bucket of **** when he lets him out is gold. They can never replicate that, ever again.

A lot of the new stuff is really influenced by Parker and Stone it seems and is really just stupid dick and fart jokes.

Trends Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Puckclektr

BEst show on TV

Puckclektr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 05:00 PM
The Korean*

Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
I wikied this show, and it sounds good. Anyone know where this American can watch it on? (Online...whatever)

The Korean* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Augustus Pablo

It is all real but they do make themselves characters so that the show will be funny,

Augustus Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 06:08 PM
eldiablo17

Great show. I'm pretty sure its mostly/all real, they probably just make sure individually whatever they are doing is going to be funny and help win them the compitition (who wants a humiliation)

Best episode for me, is the "Who can go the longest with an Octopus on their head" and Kenny ends up slipping Spenny acid. One of the funniest things I've seen on television.

eldiablo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 06:12 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
I wikied this show, and it sounds good. Anyone know where this American can watch it on? (Online...whatever)
Comedy Central

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Puckclektr

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
http://www14.alluc.org/alluc/tv-show...tegory_uid=625

They are on youtube as well. Each show is in three parts

Puckclektr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

The "Who Is Funnier?" episode is one of the best. The AIDS prank was ****ing priceless! I just couldn't believe it!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

October 20th, 9PM on showcase.

Who can keep a poop in their pants the longest
Who can get laid the most
Who can wear a gorilla suit on the longest
Who can piss off more people
Who can smoke the most weed
Who is the better pro wrestler
Who do handicap people like more
First to touch the ground
Who is the better soilder
Who is the better jew

(according to the imdb.com message board, so take it for what its worth)

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 08:15 PM
iPunch
#StandWithOttawa

My favourite episode was the one where Kenny slipped Spenny LSD, which resulted in Spenny getting naked in the rain and smearing his own **** all over himself

Oh, and Kenny in the giant bunny costume trying to trip him out was genius too.

I think it was real at one point, not so sure in the recent season though.

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 08:42 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Never really watched it before, but my buddy got me watching the dvd's and it is a pretty funny show. Some of it does seem fake or over the top, but I think for the most part it is real.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Habsfunk

My cousin worked on the show in season 1. They did one episode where they had an acting competition. They were supposed to have a professional theatre critic come in and judge the final competition, but when he cancelled they got my cousin to fill in and play the part. She was told that she had to pick Kenny no matter what, so I can say at least that part of the show is rigged.

Personally, I don't think they script anything, but they're definitely playing characters that are extensions of how they really are. My problem with the show now is that they're characters are just getting more and more extreme, and as they do it becomes less believable.

That said, it's still pretty funny.

Habsfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 01:05 AM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
October 20th, 9PM on showcase.

Who can keep a poop in their pants the longest
Who can get laid the most
Who can wear a gorilla suit on the longest
Who can piss off more people
Who can smoke the most weed
Who is the better pro wrestler
Who do handicap people like more
First to touch the ground
Who is the better soilder
Who is the better jew

(according to the imdb.com message board, so take it for what its worth)
Sounds like fun. I hope its true.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 01:48 AM
Forever27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfunk View Post
My cousin worked on the show in season 1. They did one episode where they had an acting competition. They were supposed to have a professional theatre critic come in and judge the final competition, but when he cancelled they got my cousin to fill in and play the part. She was told that she had to pick Kenny no matter what, so I can say at least that part of the show is rigged.

Personally, I don't think they script anything, but they're definitely playing characters that are extensions of how they really are. My problem with the show now is that they're characters are just getting more and more extreme, and as they do it becomes less believable.

That said, it's still pretty funny.
Bingo. I honestly can't believe how many people think it's a real contest. It's not scripted but it isn't real guys. If it were real it would never have lasted this long and it wouldn't be that funny. Think of it like pro-wrestling. Pro-wrestling has "story lines" but not scripts, and the matches are coreo-graphed but often not heavily rehearsed. The moves are real in that a skilled athlete is performing them, but they aren't really intended to hurt anyone. Kenny and Spenny play characters and have storylines, but if you actually think that the **** they pull on each other is real (and that they really fall for some of this stuff) then I think you need to wise up.

If you need more evidence, look at the fact that they credit story managers, creative consultants, and that both Kenny and Spenny are listed as writers for the show on IMDB.

Forever27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 02:43 AM
SP

About 50/50. I don't think it's entirely scripted, but some things are just too awesome to be real.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 08:26 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldiablo17 View Post
Great show. I'm pretty sure its mostly/all real, they probably just make sure individually whatever they are doing is going to be funny and help win them the compitition (who wants a humiliation)

Best episode for me, is the "Who can go the longest with an Octopus on their head" and Kenny ends up slipping Spenny acid. One of the funniest things I've seen on television.
See that is another episode I have trouble believing but then again his eyes... he looked ****ed.... but these types of things can be replicated using other meds or even certain types of eye drop doctors have (kennys bro is a doctor) that make your pupils huge.

Idk, sometimes I find it goes too far to the point where I find it hard to believe it's not staged, but I still love the show regardless.