HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2017 Ottawa Music Concerts and Festivals Thread

Old
Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Spire2000

vCash: 500
2017 Ottawa Music Concerts and Festivals Thread

Well, for the third year in a row, I get to start this thread.

Let's kick it off with some Bluesfest (July 6th - 16th) rumours:

So far there are two acts that are so heavily rumoured, it would be surprising to not see either of them appear.

Iron Maiden - Hints were dropped on the band's fan site, and their schedule lines up perfectly. Big hit last time they were at the fest. Expect Friday, the 14th.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - In the area during the second half of the festival. This is the exact type of act that has been lacking in recent years that they are trying to attract again. Expect Thursday, the 13th.

Spire2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 02:34 PM
dzingelalltheway
Let's win it all -MR

vCash: 50
Hell of a good start. Seen Maiden live both times they've come to Bluesfest and they never disappoint.

EDIT: Actually, both times? I'm starting to doubt my own memory. Am I thinking of Rush? Regardless, the one year where it was sweltering and they had to hose down the first few rows was one of my favourite shows.

Yesterday, 02:46 PM
Spire2000

Beyond those two acts, I'm trying to do my usual Pollstar detective work, but the site's search is screwy for me right now.

We should be gearing up for those really terrible hints that Bluesfest throws out in February.

Spire2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 06:36 PM
bdp

All-4-One (never heard of them) are playing Bluesfest July 13 according to the Bandsintown app.
Stars and Strumbellas are playing in Niagara July 2 so they look possible.
USS confirmed they will be back in Ottawa this summer after a recent show, likely Bluesfest.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 12:22 PM
bdp

Turns out All-4-One are part of the I Love the 90s Tour and are touring with the likes of Salt N Pepa, Vanilla Ice, Coolio and others. They are playing the London fest on July 14. I'd say the whole tour is confirmed for July 13 as they're exactly the kind of cheese that Mark Monahan loves to book.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 12:32 PM
topshelf15

Oh wow,My son will be bugging me for tickets ,to see Maiden .Not that i wouldnt mind seeing them again

topshelf15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 12:48 PM
Chezzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdp View Post
Turns out All-4-One are part of the I Love the 90s Tour and are touring with the likes of Salt N Pepa, Vanilla Ice, Coolio and others. They are playing the London fest on July 14. I'd say the whole tour is confirmed for July 13 as they're exactly the kind of cheese that Mark Monahan loves to book.
This tour was at TD Place in October, not sure Ottawa needs this for Bluesfest less than 10 months later.

Chezzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 12:56 PM
Cheapseats
Cigars N F-Bombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzingelalltheway View Post
Hell of a good start. Seen Maiden live both times they've come to Bluesfest and they never disappoint.

EDIT: Actually, both times? I'm starting to doubt my own memory. Am I thinking of Rush? Regardless, the one year where it was sweltering and they had to hose down the first few rows was one of my favourite shows.
Maiden did come twice. First time wasn't that good for me because they only did the new album and no classics. Second time was A++ as they did a lot of their classics that made them Maiden.

Tom Petty will not play under the current regulations. He's only coming to Toronto.

Cheapseats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 01:05 PM
jason2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapseats View Post
Maiden did come twice. First time wasn't that good for me because they only did the new album and no classics. Second time was A++ as they did a lot of their classics that made them Maiden.

Tom Petty will not play under the current regulations. He's only coming to Toronto.
What regulations?

jason2020 is online now   Reply With Quote