HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Ottawa and CTC/Tickets thread

Old
12-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Pancakes Pancakes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom24 View Post
Devils fan here, driving down from northern Ontario to see them play in Ottawa. Was wondering if any of you know in wich hotel they stay thanks.
There are three hotels teams stay at. Either the Westin or Château Laurie downtown and there's the Brookstreet in Kanata.

Pancakes Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 01:14 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom24 View Post
Devils fan here, driving down from northern Ontario to see them play in Ottawa. Was wondering if any of you know in wich hotel they stay thanks.
Wait, don't the Devils stay in some weirdo hotel in Gatineau?

They're one of the few who don't stay at the Brookstreet, that's about as much as I can help you.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 10:14 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Going to the game on Sunday and I'm just woundering if there is a bus in Ottawa that will take you to the arena?

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 10:51 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Going to the game on Sunday and I'm just woundering if there is a bus in Ottawa that will take you to the arena?
Found a handy map of the "400 series" bus routes that will take out-of-towners who are staying downtown to the arena.

Remember: the 403 fills up rather quickly, so it's always advisable, if possible, to catch it at one of the earlier stations like Hurdman, Lees, Campus or Laurier. If you can manage it, that is.

*NOTE FOR OUT OF TOWNERS*
This map is not at all to scale. The arena is waaaay further west than this map would lead you to believe.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:47 PM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Found a handy map of the "400 series" bus routes that will take out-of-towners who are staying downtown to the arena.

Remember: the 403 fills up rather quickly, so it's always advisable, if possible, to catch it at one of the earlier stations like Hurdman, Lees, Campus or Laurier. If you can manage it, that is.

*NOTE FOR OUT OF TOWNERS*
This map is not at all to scale. The arena is waaaay further west than this map would lead you to believe.
Thanks!

Old
01-08-2012, 10:28 PM
submart

Hey everyone, I was hoping to get some advice on my trip next month. I will be going to Ottawa on February 3rd for the Islanders game. Then on the 4th I am going to the Ottawa 67s game at 2 and the Gatineau Olympiques game at 7.

I was hoping to get some advice on a cheap hotel downtown that would be convenient for public transit for these games - walking distance would be even better (though doubtful for the Sens game). If the transit directions were known that would be amazing.

Also are there any good bars in the area of the 67s and Gatineau games? Any must go to bars in Ottawa?

Thanks in advance. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

submart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Best hotel in Ottawa IMO is Hotel Indigo. Reasonably priced, right in the action in downtown, and a very comfortable place to stay. It was the highlight of my most recent trip to Ottawa.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 09:37 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by submart View Post
Hey everyone, I was hoping to get some advice on my trip next month. I will be going to Ottawa on February 3rd for the Islanders game. Then on the 4th I am going to the Ottawa 67s game at 2 and the Gatineau Olympiques game at 7.

I was hoping to get some advice on a cheap hotel downtown that would be convenient for public transit for these games - walking distance would be even better (though doubtful for the Sens game). If the transit directions were known that would be amazing.

Also are there any good bars in the area of the 67s and Gatineau games? Any must go to bars in Ottawa?

Transit is great in Ottawa, pretty much any hotel downtown will be next to a transit stop. SBP is no where near walking distance from downtown. There is a 400 series buses that go straight to SBP on gamedays (about 35minute bus ride from downtown). Some one posted the routes on this page already. As for bars, come back in downtown Ottawa after the Gatineau game. Avoid bars on the quebec side, they are usually full of young 18 year olds lol.

Once you have your hotel it'll be easier to tell you which bar are the best and closest to your hotel.

mat_sens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

Quote:

If you're a beer guy, hit up Brasseurs de Temps before or after the Olympiques game. It's about 15 minutes from Robert Guertin Arena. Be sure to make a reservation, because the place is packed on Saturday nights. STO routes 35 and 38 will take you there (pick them up along Wellington Street), and route 33 will take you back to Ottawa from the arena. Cash fare is $3.55 each way.

Last edited by Buck Aki Berg: 01-09-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:38 AM
submart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Transit is great in Ottawa, pretty much any hotel downtown will be next to a transit stop. SBP is no where near walking distance from downtown. There is a 400 series buses that go straight to SBP on gamedays (about 35minute bus ride from downtown). Some one posted the routes on this page already. As for bars, come back in downtown Ottawa after the Gatineau game. Avoid bars on the quebec side, they are usually full of young 18 year olds lol.

Once you have your hotel it'll be easier to tell you which bar are the best and closest to your hotel.
I was looking at this hotel:

Adam Motel
100 Greber Boulevard, J8T 3P8 Gatineau

It's in Gatineau not Ottawa but it seemed cheap enough. Would this make transit difficult? Are there good bars etc. in this area.

Old
01-09-2012, 11:47 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Quote:
I was looking at this hotel:

Adam Motel
100 Greber Boulevard, J8T 3P8 Gatineau

It's in Gatineau not Ottawa but it seemed cheap enough. Would this make transit difficult? Are there good bars etc. in this area.
Other than Brasseurs des temps and Cage aux sports, I don't know much about Gatineau-Hull. Transit shouldn't be a problem (people at the hotel can help you with that.

If you have the choice though, go out in Ottawa instead of Gatineau

Old
01-09-2012, 12:01 PM
submart

Quote:
Other than Brasseurs des temps and Cage aux sports, I don't know much about Gatineau-Hull. Transit shouldn't be a problem (people at the hotel can help you with that.

If you have the choice though, go out in Ottawa instead of Gatineau
I was also looking at this hotel also which seemed cheap enough but was having trouble telling how close it was to downtown and most specifically the Ottawa 67s.

Voyager Guest House
95 Arlington Ave.
Ottawa, ON K2P 2B8, Canada

Thanks again!

Old
01-09-2012, 12:07 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Quote:
I was also looking at this hotel also which seemed cheap enough but was having trouble telling how close it was to downtown and most specifically the Ottawa 67s.

Voyager Guest House
95 Arlington Ave.
Ottawa, ON K2P 2B8, Canada

Thanks again!
It's downtown. but you would still need transit to get there. Either cab or Bus. Ottawa's nightlife is centered in between George and Clarence street. But there is also a lot of bars-pub-clubs on elgin. Cab ride shouldn't be more than 10-15$ from that hotel.

Edit: Transit to SBP goes through Catherine which is right in front of that Hotel. Also, Civic Centre (67`s) is about 25 minute walk from that hotel, and busing wouldn't take long either

Last edited by mat_sens: 01-09-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old
01-09-2012, 12:20 PM
submart

Quote:
It's downtown. but you would still need transit to get there. Either cab or Bus. Ottawa's nightlife is centered in between George and Clarence street. But there is also a lot of bars-pub-clubs on elgin. Cab ride shouldn't be more than 10-15$ from that hotel.

Edit: Transit to SBP goes through Catherine which is right in front of that Hotel. Also, Civic Centre (67`s) is about 25 minute walk from that hotel, and busing wouldn't take long either
Thanks it looks like that hotel is about a 20 minute bus ride from the Clarenece George st neighborhood..I think that might be what I will do.

Also: how bilingual is Gatineau? I speak minimal French and my friend speaks none; and will I be able to use American currency or should I expect to exchange to Canadian?

Old
01-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Reim Job

How is standing room at SBP? Are you allowed alcohol there?

Reim Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 02:27 PM
MikeyMagic

Send a message via MSN to MikeyMagic
Hey guys I just had a quick question about the 400 series buses that go to the games. I'm planning on going to the game next monday vs. Winnipeg. I would be taking the bus from someplace downtown to Scotiabank Place and was wondering if I buy the Day Pass for $7.50 will that cover all fares to and from? Or since it's a special route do I need to pay extra or top it up?

MikeyMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Golden
Börk Börk Börk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMagic View Post
Hey guys I just had a quick question about the 400 series buses that go to the games. I'm planning on going to the game next monday vs. Winnipeg. I would be taking the bus from someplace downtown to Scotiabank Place and was wondering if I buy the Day Pass for $7.50 will that cover all fares to and from? Or since it's a special route do I need to pay extra or top it up?
The day pass would cover it because it's a regular fare bus ($3.25 each way).

Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 02:59 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reim Job View Post
How is standing room at SBP? Are you allowed alcohol there?
There are three NO-ALCOHOL sections at Scotiabank Place: 314, 315, and 316, both in the stands AND in the "standing room" areas of those sections. All three of those sections are in the "end zone" (behind the net) on one side of the arena.

Alcohol is allowed anywhere else in the building, including any standing-room seats in any of the other sections.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:58 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

gotta say Sens fans are a pretty tame bunch. I wasn't chirped at all during the game, but it may have been because my section was pretty Flyers fans dominated. did see a little incident after the game on the concourse where a sens fan got lippy with a flyers fan, and when the flyers fan turned his back to walk away the sens fan pushed him. nothing happened after that because some people got in between them to break it up

Had 6th row seats on Anderson's blocker side and I think these were too close because I couldnt see much of the action on the Flyers end so I had to watch it on the nice new bigscreen. Next time I go I'll definitely try for a little higher up

Even though my team lost, i still had a great time in Ottawa. I enjoy the nightlife (went to The Honest Lawyer & Patty Bolands) there partly because it's a big city atmosphere, but so much cheaper than going to Toronto

Old
01-10-2012, 10:40 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
gotta say Sens fans are a pretty tame bunch. I wasn't chirped at all during the game, but it may have been because my section was pretty Flyers fans dominated. did see a little incident after the game on the concourse where a sens fan got lippy with a flyers fan, and when the flyers fan turned his back to walk away the sens fan pushed him. nothing happened after that because some people got in between them to break it up

Had 6th row seats on Anderson's blocker side and I think these were too close because I couldnt see much of the action on the Flyers end so I had to watch it on the nice new bigscreen. Next time I go I'll definitely try for a little higher up

Even though my team lost, i still had a great time in Ottawa. I enjoy the nightlife (went to The Honest Lawyer & Patty Bolands) there partly because it's a big city atmosphere, but so much cheaper than going to Toronto
There are still a lot of older Flyers fans in Ottawa, guys who were Philly fans from way back before we had a team. They're usually older guys, but they still come out and create little orange patches around the building when the Flyers are in town.

Boston and Philly have always traditionally drawn well in Ottawa because there is still a lot of fans in the older generation in this area of those two teams.

Old
01-15-2012, 10:11 PM
SENSational Sens Fan

Going to the Gee-Gees basketball games at SBP vs. Carleton with some friends on Wednesday night, but apparently it says on the Gee-Gees website that the tickets include transportation. Does anyone know what transportation is typically offered for such games to SBP? Thanks!

SENSational Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:10 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy The Sens Fan View Post
Going to the Gee-Gees basketball games at SBP vs. Carleton with some friends on Wednesday night, but apparently it says on the Gee-Gees website that the tickets include transportation. Does anyone know what transportation is typically offered for such games to SBP? Thanks!
Check with your school's booster clubs/ the athletics department. In most of these cases, the transportation has been organized by the boosters or the basketball team themselves, so they'll have the best grasp on what your school is doing.

Oh, and it's the RAVENS basketball game at SBP vs. U of O. Just so you know. You actually have to win once and a while if you want to call it "the Gee Gees Game".

GO RAVENS.

Old
01-16-2012, 12:17 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy The Sens Fan View Post
Pretty sure it's buses, and they leave from the sports complex. That said, I recommend double checking that at the sports complex. I think the special events buses run for the Capital Hoops Classic, so you can probably catch one of those if you miss the uOttawa buses.

01-16-2012, 09:24 AM
SENSational Sens Fan

Thanks for the info guys, I'll double check.

SENSational Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Sergei Berezin

Hey, do you guys know if its possible to get seats to the ASG draft or skills comp?

Also, where will the draft be?

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote