HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Keep an eye on Edmonton

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-07-2008, 02:09 PM
  #26
surshot*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: OILCOUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaheimDucks90 View Post
Is MacIntyre still in the roster?
Yep parros is a dead man.

surshot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 02:31 PM
  #27
AnaheimDucks90
Registered User
 
AnaheimDucks90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hamburg
Country: Germany
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surshot View Post
Yep parros is a dead man.
Really? I think Parros will bash this amateur.

AnaheimDucks90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 02:40 PM
  #28
copperandblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 10,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggli G View Post
The funeral is on thursday, all cuts have to be made by tomorrow. Even if they wanted to wait, they won't be able to without waiving someone else. So unless they are planning to cut Schremp less than 24 hours later and before the funeral as a 'courtesy', this makes no sense. I admit it is possible though.
That's assuming that he currently counts against the roster.

I don't honestly know the answer but I have to think that there is some kind of roster protocol for players that are on personal leave.

As such they may not be able to cut Schremp until he reports back to the team.

(what happened in Florida last year when Kilger was given leave? Did he count against the 23 man roster?)

copperandblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 03:05 PM
  #29
T-Funk
Registered User
 
T-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaheimDucks90 View Post
Really? I think Parros will bash this amateur.
please, macintyre is going to dye his pornstache red next time we play

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 03:05 PM
  #30
karnige
Real Life FTL
 
karnige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Trinidad and Tobago
Posts: 12,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Ugh, his grandfather died, so he left to attend the funeral. He might be cut, but he's shown alot more this year, then he has in the past and he has a legit shot to stick.
see I don't think he's shown enough to make the team at all

karnige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 03:17 PM
  #31
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
The Oilers acquired Brule with the thought that he was going to start the year in the AHL. The guy was poorly handled by the Blue Jackets and the Oilers want to try and allow him to get his offensive confidence back.
The guy was rushed by Columbus, if that's what you mean. Then he broke his leg early in his first season and really hasn't been the same player since.

Trading a starting lineup player for an AHL player... What a steal...

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 03:32 PM
  #32
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
The guy was rushed by Columbus, if that's what you mean. Then he broke his leg early in his first season and really hasn't been the same player since.

Trading a starting lineup player for an AHL player... What a steal...
You mean trading a headcase with off-ice problems and a contract paying him more than his worth for someone who just might turn out better than Torres?

To think, I thought Salary dumps required you to give up picks on this boards.

Edit: I also forgot.. hes injury prone, inconsistant, and there are more facts to back him up as being a cancer than most people with that label. He also doesn't hit anymore because hes scared of Bettman.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 03:34 PM
  #33
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,955
vCash: 500
Oilers handed away Torres. Ouch.

McIntyre will probably destroy Parros by the way, he was easily a top 3 heavy in the entire AHL last year....

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 03:39 PM
  #34
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Oilers handed away Torres. Ouch.

McIntyre will probably destroy Parros by the way, he was easily a top 3 heavy in the entire AHL last year....
I guess, I mean it's not like Brule is 27 or something, so he still has alot of time to develop, and there was no longer space for Torres on this Oilers team anymore regardless.

Besides, he's not going to be anymore helpful to Columbus then Brule will be to Edmonton for the first two months of the season.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 03:41 PM
  #35
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I guess, I mean it's not like Brule is 27 or something, so he still has alot of time to develop, and there was no longer space for Torres on this Oilers team anymore regardless.

Besides, he's not going to be anymore helpful to Columbus then Brule will be to Edmonton for the first two months of the season.
Exactly. The Oilers said when they traded for Brule they wanted him in the AHL to regain his form. He was never expected to make the roster by them.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 03:52 PM
  #36
copperandblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 10,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
The guy was rushed by Columbus, if that's what you mean. Then he broke his leg early in his first season and really hasn't been the same player since.

Trading a starting lineup player for an AHL player... What a steal...
I assume you are being intentionally obtuse but none the less...

The reason they moved Torres was in large part because there weren't enough roster spots available for the number of players projected to be competing for them.

Torres for Brule sense from that perspective in that the Oilers aquired a 21 year old player who has already shown enough to play 146 games in the show despite not yet living up to his full potential and wasn't required to get exposed on waivers when they sent him down.

Frankly I don't know why you waited till now to comment. The Oilers announced these exact plans the moment they aquired him.

copperandblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 03:57 PM
  #37
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
You mean trading a headcase with off-ice problems and a contract paying him more than his worth for someone who just might turn out better than Torres?

To think, I thought Salary dumps required you to give up picks on this boards.

Edit: I also forgot.. hes injury prone, inconsistant, and there are more facts to back him up as being a cancer than most people with that label. He also doesn't hit anymore because hes scared of Bettman.
Symptoms: Headcase. Off-ice problems. Contract is too much. Lockeroom cancer....

Hmmm. Sounds like another case of 'theplayerthatstradedisautomaticallyabum-itis' to me.

Of course, Brule didn't have any positive labels attached to him either. But i seem to remember the media hyping up that trade like it was something substantial. Media... pffft.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 03:57 PM
  #38
AgentNaslund*
 
AgentNaslund*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Exactly. The Oilers said when they traded for Brule they wanted him in the AHL to regain his form. He was never expected to make the roster by them.
this is the first I heard of this. I thought Edmonton had a good history of developing centremans.

So its...

Torres, Jonni Pitkanen, Stoll, for

Vishnovky, Cole.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 03:59 PM
  #39
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
this is the first I heard of this. I thought Edmonton had a good history of developing centremans.

So its...

Torres, Jonni Pitkanen, Stoll, for

Vishnovky, Cole.
Well Torres didn't play much at all last year if your comparing incoming vs outgoing players.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 04:05 PM
  #40
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
Symptoms: Headcase. Off-ice problems. Contract is too much. Lockeroom cancer....

Hmmm. Sounds like another case of 'theplayerthatstradedisautomaticallyabum-itis' to me.

Of course, Brule didn't have any positive labels attached to him either. But i seem to remember the media hyping up that trade like it was something substantial. Media... pffft.
Okay how about this...

Him and Stoll were suspended by the team for a incident at the River Cree Casino that conviently disappeared from all talk radio, messageboards, and newsprint.

Stoll and Torres publicly said they shouldn't be playing with Stortini.

and Torres has some problems with the snow in edmonton.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 04:08 PM
  #41
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Okay how about this...

Him and Stoll were suspended by the team for a incident at the River Cree Casino that conviently disappeared from all talk radio, messageboards, and newsprint.

Stoll and Torres publicly said they shouldn't be playing with Stortini.

and Torres has some problems with the snow in edmonton.
They don't call him Raffi Razorblades for nothing

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 04:09 PM
  #42
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan
 
Paralyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
this is the first I heard of this. I thought Edmonton had a good history of developing centremans.

So its...

Torres, Jonni Pitkanen, Stoll, for

Vishnovky, Cole.
No...it's:

Torres, Pitkanen, Stoll, Greene

For

Brule, Cole, Vishnovsky

And IMO, Oilers won this hands down. I admit, Stoll and Torres were good for the Oilers before Stoll had a concussion and Torres' injury last year, but they were under-performing and we gave them a chance to come back. Not to mention, we got lots of young talent who will be taking roster spots in the next year or two (Chorney, Brule, Schremp, JDD, Pouliot, Eberle). We can't be letting under-performers have it just because they had more experience on the ice. So Lowe thought of this in terms of the future...Not to mention adding a few more pieces to the puzzle (Vishnovsky and Cole).

Oh and just to inform all non-oiler fans, Lowe has stated in an interview that Brule wasn't supposed to be in the line up right after training camp (unless he showed them something they didn't see before) but they expect him to be out of the AHL sooner than later.

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 04:14 PM
  #43
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Okay how about this...

Him and Stoll were suspended by the team for a incident at the River Cree Casino that conviently disappeared from all talk radio, messageboards, and newsprint.

Stoll and Torres publicly said they shouldn't be playing with Stortini.

and Torres has some problems with the snow in edmonton.
Good. But definately not Pronger-like in trashtalk value. Bigger the player, bigger the story, i suppose...

Torres 'has some problems with the snow in Edmonton'... Because he's hispanic. → I believe Steve Colbert had a 'story' about immigrant hockey players that featured Raffi. Hilarious.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 04:30 PM
  #44
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,955
vCash: 500
Which is worse...? The Ducks send Ryan down, waive Scheidner and buy out Bertuzzi or the Oilers putting Penner on the 3rd line, waiving Brule, and trading 24 year old Pitkanen for almost 30 year old Cole.

Both these GM's deserve each other.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 04:53 PM
  #45
Harrison
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
Torres for Brule... What a steal.
Jeff Finger...what a steal.

Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 04:59 PM
  #46
copperandblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 10,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
...or the Oilers putting Penner on the 3rd line, ...

I don't get the critisism.

Wouldn't aquiring so much depth that you are playing a top 6 forward on the third line be considered a luxury?

There are teams out there that don't have 6 top 6 forwards and are playing 3rd liners on the second line so would that mean their gm's are doing a better job?

copperandblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 05:17 PM
  #47
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,955
vCash: 500
I think I meant that you had to give up a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd for a 3rd line player. You can have a Mark Bell for free as of yesterday.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 05:21 PM
  #48
Giggli G
Registered User
 
Giggli G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I think I meant that you had to give up a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd for a 3rd line player. You can have a Mark Bell for free as of yesterday.
Penner is a first liner on several teams in the NHL. The fact that he is on our third line is a testament to our depth, not to him sucking.

BTW, your logic is frighteningly bad in all your posts in this thread.

Giggli G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 05:38 PM
  #49
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggli G View Post
Penner is a first liner on several teams in the NHL. The fact that he is on our third line is a testament to our depth, not to him sucking.

BTW, your logic is frighteningly bad in all your posts in this thread.
MacT himself said that Penner is more of a 'mucker' type. This imo was said to get him going, more than anything. But having a 'mucker' to be your highest-paid forward has got to be a bit of an eye-opener, regardless.

imo Penner will be promoted to the Gagner line sooner rather than later.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 05:45 PM
  #50
Dazed and Confused
Registered User
 
Dazed and Confused's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Which is worse...? The Ducks send Ryan down, waive Scheidner and buy out Bertuzzi or the Oilers putting Penner on the 3rd line, waiving Brule, and trading 24 year old Pitkanen for almost 30 year old Cole.

Both these GM's deserve each other.
A) They didn't waive him, they sent him down, you know something everybody and their dog thought the Blue Jackets should have done to help develop instead of playing him of the 4th line

B) And tell me what’s wrong with sending down a 21 year old player who has struggled the past few years, to let him try and find his game and develop in to the player people expect him to be.

Dazed and Confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.