HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Getting antsy for a trade

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2004, 11:24 AM
romain_jaime

vCash: 500
Getting antsy for a trade

Am I the only one that's getting extremely ansty concerning the trade dealine... With names flying everywhere I something done damnit!!! :mad:

Old
02-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Carbonneau

Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
Between this and the draft, it's the best time of the year

Old
02-26-2004, 11:42 AM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by romain_jaime
Am I the only one that's getting extremely ansty concerning the trade dealine... With names flying everywhere I something done damnit!!! :mad:
Me too! I find myself checking TSN every 15 minutes to see if a trade has gone through. It's like I don't care what happens, I just want something to happen. I guess we shouldn't be too excited as the deadline is almost two weeks away, but it's hard not to be.

The big plus is having a GM that (hopefully) will be screwing teams over instead of getting screwed. Let's hope he weaves some magic and pulls in some good players for cheap.

Old
02-26-2004, 11:48 AM
Sam I Am

Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make...

Old
02-26-2004, 11:52 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
WHY,

were in a playoff spot right now and it seems like we have got back on track after the big win against ottawa, so theres no reason to get impatient. Theres just two weeks left, a trade will be made (a small one IMO) that will help this team.

Gainey is not gona make a trade just for the hell of it to keep fans happy!

Old
02-26-2004, 11:56 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
WHY,

were in a playoff spot right now and it seems like we have got back on track after the big win against ottawa, so theres no reason to get impatient. Theres just two weeks left, a trade will be made (a small one IMO) that will help this team.

Gainey is not gona make a trade just for the hell of it to keep fans happy!
We have 2 key injuries , it's not ''just to keep the fans happy'' .

Old
02-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Habs4ever

We also have depth and young players if needed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej

Injury to Bulis pnly means Ward will get more Ice timne, nothing wrong with that is there!!

Old
02-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Brett38

Me too, Habber. I'm checking TSN every chance I

Old
02-26-2004, 12:03 PM
mcphee

Deandebean joked last week that our GM is boring. I agree because trade talk is fun and I've felt since the Toronto, New Jersey weekend that the team would need some type of shot in the arm. After saying that, what we really want, to satisfy our hobby, is for someone to either have to take their kids out of school in March or simply not see their families for a few months, while asking a wife at home to manage an unexpected move while her husband adapts to a new city and team. No big deal, they're well paid. Again I can't wait for a player or player to be added, but while we play fantasy hockey, there is a human side. Hurry up Bob ferchrissake.

Old
02-26-2004, 12:03 PM
habster

I just check on this board first cause it's faster than TSN or RDS

Old
02-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Brett38

Me too, Habber. I'm checking TSN every chance I get. Like I said in an earlier post, most trades are done within the last 48 hours before the deadline. Everyone start watching the Rangers. They want to move several players.

Old
02-26-2004, 12:07 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Thats why i said a trade will be made within two week. But there is no rush imo, because we did more than OK against ottowa. If anything this will give other guys a chance to step up and show what they got. Like somebody mentioned, Ward!

Old
02-26-2004, 12:16 PM
SHUDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Thats why i said a trade will be made within two week. But there is no rush imo, because we did more than OK against ottowa. If anything this will give other guys a chance to step up and show what they got. Like somebody mentioned, Ward!
I feel like I can tell the future, but I gaurantee, that if there is a trade, it will happen in the next two weeks. I just know it. :p

Old
02-26-2004, 12:20 PM
Carbonneau

Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHUDO
I feel like I can tell the future, but I gaurantee, that if there is a trade, it will happen in the next two weeks. I just know it. :p
I was thinking the same thing after reading his post.....how does he know this......he must know miss cleo

Old
02-26-2004, 12:25 PM
6 String Benny

I think the reason that all of us are getting excited for a trade is because with BG in charge,whatever trade happens will be beneficial to the team.In no way will he ever let a Jon Leclair fiasco happen again.My confidence in BG is total,as is my love for beer.

Old
02-26-2004, 12:42 PM
Darz

Quote:
You don't always make trades to solve injury problems. alot of different ways to try and minimize the loss of a player. If we go out and acquire a couple of vets we would have some hard desicions to make when Bulis and Souray came back. Good chance we would loss a decent player on waivers.

Pretty much every team in the league has some sorts of injuries....it's a normal part of the game.

Old
02-26-2004, 01:26 PM
romain_jaime

I'm not saying that I want the Habs to trade, or that they need to trade... I am just getting ansty because it's getting close to the trade deadline and this time of yr is always fun...

Old
02-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by romain_jaime
I'm not saying that I want the Habs to trade, or that they need to trade... I am just getting ansty because it's getting close to the trade deadline and this time of yr is always fun...

Oh sorry, I misunderstood.

Ya, I like trade deadline time, watching all the trades go down, analyze them to death....it and draft day are great times for us junkies.

Don't think we will see the traffic we are used to from this time of year mind you, with the looming CBA talks.

Old
02-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Me too! I find myself checking TSN every 15 minutes to see if a trade has gone through. It's like I don't care what happens, I just want something to happen. I guess we shouldn't be too excited as the deadline is almost two weeks away, but it's hard not to be.
I'd like to see a trade too, not just for the hell of it, but because I think we have big holes that need to be filled.

The problem with looking at trade speculation as entertainment is that it can hurt the team. Look at the problems the Leafs had because of all the Lindros talk two years ago. Nobody knew who was coming or going, and their dressing room was fragmented and demoralized as a result. The Habs have enough problems when trade winds aren't blowing.

Old
02-26-2004, 02:10 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
After saying that, what we really want, to satisfy our hobby, is for someone to either have to take their kids out of school in March or simply not see their families for a few months, while asking a wife at home to manage an unexpected move while her husband adapts to a new city and team. No big deal, they're well paid.
Being cruel to millionaires is what makes it all worthwhile!

Closed Thread