HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next Playoff Appearance???

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2004, 12:12 PM
ddheyman

vCash: 500
Next Playoff Appearance???

So Sather dumps everyone he can and gets a couple of picks and some "decent" prospects.

How many more years before you think a team that basically has no prospects, a dearth of good young players, and a bunch of old overpriced veterans to make the playoffs?

My guess is at LEAST 3 more years on top of this one ... now of course we speed the process up through free-agency, but I really want no part of that ... we've seen what it could do before.

Just looking for others opinions, as I think our current streak is going to hit 10 before we get back in.

Old
02-26-2004, 12:17 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddheyman
So Sather dumps everyone he can and gets a couple of picks and some "decent" prospects.

How many more years before you think a team that basically has no prospects, a dearth of good young players, and a bunch of old overpriced veterans to make the playoffs?

My guess is at LEAST 3 more years on top of this one ... now of course we speed the process up through free-agency, but I really want no part of that ... we've seen what it could do before.

Just looking for others opinions, as I think our current streak is going to hit 10 before we get back in.

I think it really depends on the CBA.

02-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Laches

It depends on the CBA only to the extent that the issue could cause a work stoppage, and there would be no playoffs to make. Other than that, it depends on whether Sather is allowed to continue, and if not, how smart his successor is.

Certainly, other GM's have turned around pretty bad situations pretty quickly, Dave Taylor in LA is one that comes to mind.

Old
02-26-2004, 12:32 PM
ddheyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I think it really depends on the CBA.
Agreed, if there is "Hard Cap" and we have Holik, Jagr, Kaspiritis, and DeVries on the team ... we may not be able to furnish a whole team (although I'm sure the league will make accomodations to ensure we have a full squad).

But in that case it might even take longer ...

Old
02-26-2004, 12:47 PM
Larry Melnyk

Get as as many kids as you can now to compliment the Moore's, Jessimen's, Tjutins, Barankas, Lundqvists/Labarberas, Murrays, Ortmeyers, Lundmarks and whoever...And if there is a CAP (Very questionable), it may very well be a soft one with a luxury tax as well as a lowered age for UFAs..And there will probably be alot of them and RFAs avaialble..WHo knows? And you know the Rangers will TRY to make use of it, right?...A few more of the right vets (after we lose a boatload--Hopefully) to compliment a young(er) team, could see us back in the POs fairly quicky IF we have the right GM making the choices of who to bring on and a half-decent coach deploying them......Bottom line, Sather stays as GM then we are still screwed...If the Buffoon from Banf-f-f-f-f goes, it may not take long (2 years) at all under anything but a hard cap....OK, I just woke up..

Closed Thread