HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Gaborik Rumor Thread Part I (Pednault and Eklund)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-17-2008, 01:05 PM
  #726
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Actually they are over 1million below the cap.... They have Mathieu Carle listed as on the roster at his NHL salary. According to Irish Blues.. because he didn't play any NHL games last year and was IRed prior to the start of the season he is only being paid his AHL salary. It was also unclear if this AHL salary counted against the cap or not, but he said quite clearly that the NHL salary would not.
from NHLScap.com

Now remove Kyle Chipchura as he was sent to Hamilton.

We have nearly 2 mill in wiggle room. (plenty for a deadline deal for a D )

However the rest of your post on Gaborik is correct and many of us have already expressed this in the thread.
People still using nhlnumbers.com

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 01:17 PM
  #727
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,253
vCash: 500
Stop this think, if we make a trade, it's for defence! Our offence is just great like it is right now!

Hannibal is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 01:24 PM
  #728
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,120
vCash: 500
Cap question :

I heard that the bonus cushion can't be used this year because of the CBA negociations, is that true?

What's the situation in regards of bonus?

MTL-rules is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 01:27 PM
  #729
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Cap question :

I heard that the bonus cushion can't be used this year because of the CBA negociations, is that true?

What's the situation in regards of bonus?
Yeah its true. And its not negociations, just an option for two years more that the players have to agree to. And even tho the E-clown will keep saying the players will agree to the optional two years extention to the CBA any time soon... it probably won't happen until next may when they hit the deadline, because the economic turmoil that we are presently in (i mean, the global economy).

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 02:25 PM
  #730
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,453
vCash: 500
I'd rather see an upgrade in Defense than Offense.

I don't know but i have the feeling that MaxPac is coming mid-season.

la25ecoupe is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 02:31 PM
  #731
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 20,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Well the flames forum is way, way less than any other canadian team....

I think the Wild and the Flames fans have their own boards and don't use HF for some reason.
Well the Habs have a forum outside of HF too. Yet HF still gets uber-traffic.

But people have always mixed the idea that Minnesota has a great hockey program with its hockey population. I remember the North Stars going to the Stanley Cup and there was nobody in the stands. Hockey players come out of the place but i'm questioning the genuine interest in the sport.

Kimota is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 02:34 PM
  #732
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Well the Habs have a forum outside of HF too. Yet HF still gets uber-traffic.

But people have always mixed the idea that Minnesota has a great hockey program with its hockey population. I remember the North Stars going to the Stanley Cup and there was nobody in the stands. Hockey players come out of the place but i'm questioning the genuine interest in the sport.
We all know that you can't compare the Habs fanbase to any other.... we're crazy

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 02:37 PM
  #733
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,941
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
I dont see the need to trade for Gaborik when we have Glumac at hamilton

CareyClutch is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 02:49 PM
  #734
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Well the Habs have a forum outside of HF too. Yet HF still gets uber-traffic.

But people have always mixed the idea that Minnesota has a great hockey program with its hockey population. I remember the North Stars going to the Stanley Cup and there was nobody in the stands. Hockey players come out of the place but i'm questioning the genuine interest in the sport.
I think you just have a mixup in definition,K. The interest in the sport is huge. The interest in the NHL hasn't always been as huge. There was also an ownership issue first go round that may have precipitated problems.

mcphee is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 03:52 PM
  #735
Chrisd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 500
wild have sold out every game in their 8 year history.

They have 8500+ people on the season ticket waiting list.

It's safe to say support is strong, don't judge their fan base on HF forums lol. The main wild forum is at their website anyways, where there are lots of posters, including a couple die hard habs posters, habs have their own stickied thread there actually.

Chrisd is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 03:55 PM
  #736
plafleur10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
The RDS site now has a Video link to the rumor with a 2-Minute discussion...

plafleur10 is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 03:56 PM
  #737
Travis Moen
Registered User
 
Travis Moen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Actually they are over 1million below the cap.... They have Mathieu Carle listed as on the roster at his NHL salary. According to Irish Blues.. because he didn't play any NHL games last year and was IRed prior to the start of the season he is only being paid his AHL salary. It was also unclear if this AHL salary counted against the cap or not, but he said quite clearly that the NHL salary would not.
from NHLScap.com

Now remove Kyle Chipchura as he was sent to Hamilton.

We have nearly 2 mill in wiggle room. (plenty for a deadline deal for a D )

However the rest of your post on Gaborik is correct and many of us have already expressed this in the thread.
We can dump Begin and Dandenaut (2.8 M) so that makes a room of 4.8M. If we trade Higgins, it's another 1.7 which leaves us with $6.5M

What's Gaborik's cap hit again?

BINGO!

Gaborik

Travis Moen is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 04:05 PM
  #738
Haddock
Registered User
 
Haddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moulinsart
Posts: 2,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleur10 View Post
The RDS site now has a Video link to the rumor with a 2-Minute discussion...
...involving Gaston Therrien who wasn't good enough to coach in the Q. RDS-RIS need to hire new personnal to replace guys like him and the cheating mailman Flynn.

Haddock is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 04:06 PM
  #739
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
We can dump Begin and Dandenaut (2.8 M) so that makes a room of 4.8M. If we trade Higgins, it's another 1.7 which leaves us with $6.5M

What's Gaborik's cap hit again?

BINGO!

Gaborik
And you are gonna carry a roster of 21 players; instead of 23?? You do realize that someone has to replace Begin and Dandenault... and while their cap hits may be smaller, they are not non-existent. With this roster we do not have a single spare forward, and only Brisebois as a spare on defence.

It is not Gainey and Carbo's way to operate with a bare bones roster.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 04:08 PM
  #740
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
...involving Gaston Therrien who wasn't good enough to coach in the Q. RDS-RIS need to hire new personnal to replace guys like him and the cheating mailman Flynn.
the what?

Maxpac is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 04:11 PM
  #741
JTWymanFan*
 
JTWymanFan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bromont,Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
the what?
LOL i have no idea what he means..

JTWymanFan* is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 04:16 PM
  #742
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
And you are gonna carry a roster of 21 players; instead of 23?? You do realize that someone has to replace Begin and Dandenault... and while their cap hits may be smaller, they are not non-existent. With this roster we do not have a single spare forward, and only Brisebois as a spare on defence.

It is not Gainey and Carbo's way to operate with a bare bones roster.
22: Chipchura
23: Pacioretti

We'll have 4 attack lines.

4th Line:
Pacioretti - Chipchura - Lapierre

la25ecoupe is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 04:16 PM
  #743
Travis Moen
Registered User
 
Travis Moen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
And you are gonna carry a roster of 21 players; instead of 23?? You do realize that someone has to replace Begin and Dandenault... and while their cap hits may be smaller, they are not non-existent. With this roster we do not have a single spare forward, and only Brisebois as a spare on defence.

It is not Gainey and Carbo's way to operate with a bare bones roster.
I once completed NHL 2008 playing the whole season with only ONE line and ONE pair of defenders. And I won the Stanley Cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
22: Chipchura
23: Pacioretti

We'll have 4 attack lines.
Chipchura in = +1M
Pacioretti in = +1M

We need to dump 2M


Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-17-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Travis Moen is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 04:19 PM
  #744
brownman*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
I once completed NHL 2008 playing the whole season with only ONE line and ONE pair of defenders. And I won the Stanley Cup.
I usually only do that toward the end of the season when brownman is trailing in the scoring race.

brownman* is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 04:20 PM
  #745
Garo
Registered User
 
Garo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montréal
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
I once completed NHL 2008 playing the whole season with only ONE line and ONE pair of defenders. And I won the Stanley Cup.
I won the Cup with the Leafs, so what?

Garo is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 04:20 PM
  #746
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
Chipchura in = +1M
Pacioretti in = +1M

We need to dump 2M
Guillaume Latendresse = -850,000

la25ecoupe is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 04:20 PM
  #747
JTWymanFan*
 
JTWymanFan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bromont,Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
22: Chipchura
23: Pacioretti

We'll have 4 attack lines.

4th Line:
Pacioretti - Chipchura - Lapierre
Does this mean you have traded Laraque or is he playing on the third line ?


JTWymanFan* is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 04:21 PM
  #748
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
Does this mean you have traded Laraque or is he playing on the third line ?

I'm switching him with Pax whenever needed. He'll bench 4th line.

la25ecoupe is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 04:22 PM
  #749
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
I once completed NHL 2008 playing the whole season with only ONE line and ONE pair of defenders. And I won the Stanley Cup.
I did this too in NHL 2k8....My center end up with 108 goals and 238 points, my RW with around 180 points and my left winger around 130 points. But I still used 3 defensive pairs.

Cyrrus147 is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 04:22 PM
  #750
JTWymanFan*
 
JTWymanFan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bromont,Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
I'm switching him with Pax whenever needed. He'll bench 4th line.
LOL Laraque is a regular, get over it !!! He will not be sitting.

JTWymanFan* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.