HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Its Official- Team has been Announced

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-08-2008, 03:27 PM
  #26
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Prucha for Tollefsen , do it do it
DON'T DO IT, DON'T DO IT.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 03:34 PM
  #27
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,085
vCash: 500
I know other things go into this. And, obviously Hitch knows a HECK of a lot more than me. BUT, if I were making up the lines, here is how I would have it. These lines would be the best based on how they play. I.E. you dont want Brassard playing with Chimera. You want him with a guy who can finish. Well, at least I do . For the places that i have player x/player y, the first player listed is the guy I prefer in that spot.

Nash - Brassard/Umberger - Huselius
Modin - Umberger/Brassard - Voracek
Chimera - Novotny - Murray
Picard - Peca - Boll

3rd and 4th lines with Filatov, Malhotra, and Torres. Not completely sure on how I would do it, but here is how I would probably do it.

Chimera - Malhotra - Filatov
Boll - Peca - Torres

By the end of the year, i wouldnt mind a top 2 lines of....

Nash - Brassard - Huselius
Filatov - Umberger - Voracek

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 03:35 PM
  #28
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydawg View Post
Hmm, I wouldn't be too sure of that.

Found this thread on the mains and thought this might be a reason Methot was kept over Rome.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=559495

If Methot plays on Friday, they could be showcasing him for the Stars. He's expressed interest in wanting out if he isn't playing regularly. Even though he made the team, you have to think he's still not happy about splitting time in the lineup between potentially 3 other guys.

Could very easily be OKT or Backman the Stars would want too.
Why wouldn't the Stars be interested in Rome? They coulda had him off waivers.

Hitch said a long time ago he planned to keep eight d-man. I have my doubts that something is afoot at this juncture.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 03:35 PM
  #29
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 11,020
vCash: 500
I'm pretty sure you guys are getting worked up over nothing about the lines. I would bet that most of those names aren't the line numbers, rather just the guys who made the team. We need Manny for his faceoffs, so theres no way he is a 13th guy. Novo hasn't had a good enough camp to get him to play second line. These kind of things won't happen. Those might be the combos, just not the order of them, save the first line.


I wouldn't worry about it.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 03:37 PM
  #30
BZArcher
Registered User
 
BZArcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hilliard, OH
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,229
vCash: 500
Everyone freaking out also needs to remember that Hitch has -never- been shy about adjusting his lines. These lines may start the game, but if there's a problem I'm sure he'll pull some remixes.

BZArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 03:44 PM
  #31
cydawg
#DefendNWA
 
cydawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Gahanna, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Why wouldn't the Stars be interested in Rome? They coulda had him off waivers.

Hitch said a long time ago he planned to keep eight d-man. I have my doubts that something is afoot at this juncture.
2 Theories about Rome.

1) They weren't interested in him

2) They didn't find out Janik was claimed until it was too late to claim Rome.

Also, with the likes of Kyle McLaren available, someone like Rome is much more likely to fly under the radar.

Something may not be afoot but Howson has said he would listen to all proposals. If the Stars like Methot, and make an offer, who's to say Howson wouldn't listen. Any good GM would at least entertain an offer for a guy like Methot when Rome is waiting in the wings.

I'm sure nothing is gonna come from it, just trying to get a discussion going.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 04:04 PM
  #32
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZArcher View Post
Everyone freaking out also needs to remember that Hitch has -never- been shy about adjusting his lines. These lines may start the game, but if there's a problem I'm sure he'll pull some remixes.
thats not my problem. my problem is, why did you change the lines the week the season starts after having guys play together all preseason and play well together.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 04:12 PM
  #33
LetsGOJackets!!
Registered User
 
LetsGOJackets!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
This seems conjecture that doesn't quite add up...

We keep 8 dmen and open in Dallas

Dallas GM admits to openly looking for a low end dman due to having one taken off waivers

Methot is being shopped to Dallas? Honestly I doubt they have any interest in Methot and saw no mention of his name on that Dallas thread

Now I admit it is weird to keep a young guy up that is on the bubble. that should be playing alot in the Cuse.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 04:40 PM
  #34
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 11,020
vCash: 500
On second thought, I just checked the blog and those are in fact the lines, except that Brass and Jake are on the 4th line.

Quote:
Thoughts:

-- Tom Reed and I are baffled that Hitchcock's got the two rookies -- Brassard and Voracek -- with Chimera. They've had good camps. They've shown great skill. Yes, there's understandable trepidation throwing them to the wolves on Friday in Dallas, but what message does it send to put them on the fourth line? Hitchcock explained yesterday that it'll be the 2nd or the 4th line depending upon how they play and how the game goes, but how Jiri Novotny, Andrew Murray, Alexandre Picard and Jared Boll can play higher in the lineup than the two first-round draft picks is baffling.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 05:26 PM
  #35
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 4,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydawg View Post
2 Theories about Rome.

1) They weren't interested in him

2) They didn't find out Janik was claimed until it was too late to claim Rome.

Also, with the likes of Kyle McLaren available, someone like Rome is much more likely to fly under the radar.

Something may not be afoot but Howson has said he would listen to all proposals. If the Stars like Methot, and make an offer, who's to say Howson wouldn't listen. Any good GM would at least entertain an offer for a guy like Methot when Rome is waiting in the wings.

I'm sure nothing is gonna come from it, just trying to get a discussion going.
And Quincey's being shopped by Holland. Quincey>Rome.

Cyborg Yzerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 05:34 PM
  #36
Pluckfur
Registered User
 
Pluckfur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 7,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
On second thought, I just checked the blog and those are in fact the lines, except that Brass and Jake are on the 4th line.
Whatever wackiness Hitch has planned for his lines in Dallas ... it probably stands a far better of chance of working in the first game of the season than it will by Christmas time. Plenty of time for Hitch to play the BJ lines slot machine.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 06:22 PM
  #37
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 4,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
Whatever wackiness Hitch has planned for his lines in Dallas ... it probably stands a far better of chance of working in the first game of the season than it will by Christmas time. Plenty of time for Hitch to play the BJ lines slot machine.
K, meanwhile, no, not plenty of time, Hitch needs to make some lines, and stick with them for a while, every game, and every point counts, especially for a team that will more than likely struggle into the playoffs. If he does what he did last year, then we're not making the playoffs. At all.

Cyborg Yzerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 06:25 PM
  #38
MFRONE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sheffield Lake, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 7,132
vCash: 500
It seems too many people are forgetting that RJ looked pretty awesome on the first line against Minny.

MFRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 06:29 PM
  #39
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye19 View Post
every game, and every point counts, .
That you Ty?

Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 06:45 PM
  #40
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 4,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
That you Ty?
Yeah, you guys kinda abandoned me. And look where I am now. On the defending stanley cup champ's team. Champ?

Cyborg Yzerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 07:10 PM
  #41
Pluckfur
Registered User
 
Pluckfur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 7,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye19 View Post
K, meanwhile, no, not plenty of time, Hitch needs to make some lines, and stick with them for a while, every game, and every point counts, especially for a team that will more than likely struggle into the playoffs. If he does what he did last year, then we're not making the playoffs. At all.
Considering I've already gone on record with our rosters chances of making the playoffs being slightly better than a snowball's chances in Hell ... Hitch has to work with what he's got, and I doubt very much that he's taking too much outside advice (histrionics) to heart at this point.

All we have is time ...

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 07:50 PM
  #42
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 4,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
Considering I've already gone on record with our rosters chances of making the playoffs being slightly better than a snowball's chances in Hell ... Hitch has to work with what he's got, and I doubt very much that he's taking too much outside advice (histrionics) to heart at this point.

All we have is time ...
actually, assuming Brassard and Voracek have Toews/Kane esc. years, then the playoffs are very plausible. Should Leclaire retain his form and health, the playoffs are a leginamate possibility. And Hitchcock fumbling the lines around frequently would do nothing but change that.

Cyborg Yzerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 07:52 PM
  #43
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 11,020
vCash: 500
yeah! the possibilties are legin!

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 07:54 PM
  #44
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."
 
CBJSprague24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 52mi from the Nat
Country: United States
Posts: 6,818
vCash: 500
If we moved Methot to Dallas, could we get anything worthwhile in return?

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 08:26 PM
  #45
Pluckfur
Registered User
 
Pluckfur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 7,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye19 View Post
actually, assuming Brassard and Voracek have Toews/Kane esc. years, then the playoffs are very plausible. Should Leclaire retain his form and health, the playoffs are a leginamate possibility. And Hitchcock fumbling the lines around frequently would do nothing but change that.
Dude, whatever. This is not the Wings team ... there are going to be lines that get shuffled. If Brass and Jake are not being started in the top six - I'm going to guess it's for a reason - a good reason. You can whine about it all you like ... but the truth is that there aren't any lines "set" at the moment beyond the first line that will start in Dallas.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 09:31 PM
  #46
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye19 View Post
And Hitchcock fumbling the lines around frequently would do nothing but change that.
Gee, think he fumbled the lines around on the eight NHL teams he led to 100+ points? Not saying he'll do it again, this year, but at least give them a chance to get on the ice before they're condemed to failure. I don't really suppose he spent the last few days in a bar in Oxford trying to come up with some line combinations that would really chap your behind, Hawk!

This team should be better. "How much?" is the question. The answer will begin to emerge on Friday, but it won't finally be clear for quite awhile afterward. I remain hopeful, whichever line Jake and Brass start out on!

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 09:59 PM
  #47
Whaley Klesla 97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
I was very very optimistic for this season, and then I seen these line combinations and I remembered how awful the lines were last year, and now I dont feel good anymore. Novotny on the 2nd line, good lord.

Whaley Klesla 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 10:30 PM
  #48
Pluckfur
Registered User
 
Pluckfur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 7,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
yeah! the possibilties are legin!
Cute! referencing Hawk's post that way.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 10:36 PM
  #49
section 204
Registered User
 
section 204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 553
vCash: 500
on hitch's call-in show this afternoon he labeled the chimera/brass/voracek line as line #2, but also said that playing time would be conditional... as in, up by a goal or two late in the third, and those three aren't likely to hit the ice.

judging by his comments, i wouldn't put puckraker's order as an indication of playing time. he also specifically said that brass and voracek will be on the ice for the man advantage, thus giving them additional playing time.

he emphasized that many teams have a lot of youth playing on second lines around the nhl, and that these two are as talented as any tandem out there. they're gonna throw them up against the other youngsters in the league and see what can be done with it.

his thoughts, not mine - have fun with them.

section 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 10:52 PM
  #50
Anisimovs AK
Registered User
 
Anisimovs AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by section 204 View Post
on hitch's call-in show this afternoon he labeled the chimera/brass/voracek line as line #2, but also said that playing time would be conditional... as in, up by a goal or two late in the third, and those three aren't likely to hit the ice.

judging by his comments, i wouldn't put puckraker's order as an indication of playing time. he also specifically said that brass and voracek will be on the ice for the man advantage, thus giving them additional playing time.

he emphasized that many teams have a lot of youth playing on second lines around the nhl, and that these two are as talented as any tandem out there. they're gonna throw them up against the other youngsters in the league and see what can be done with it.

his thoughts, not mine - have fun with them.
Why did you have to post something sensible, you ruined the fun.

Anisimovs AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.