HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Radulov Talk here (value, offers, chances of return, etc...)

Old
09-18-2008, 11:45 AM
illogic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
I fully believe that Radulov's little stunt will drop his value greatly and not that I doubt you about vancouvers new team but

Compete, Grit, heart... Wellwood????
Difference is, Wellwood was a waiver pickup. Costs nothing to give him a shot.

illogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
If i am atlanta, i would try and get ahold of this issue quick. Im sure Raddy has some respect for a guy like Kovalchuk and im sure Kovalchuk could become a very persuasive person.

Raddy is not going to land nashville a lot at this time. and i think a great home and a great idea for atlanta, with the current position they are in now, could use a boom or bust option at a low cost in radulov.

just an idea. please dont hurt me

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 11:58 AM
goliath5151

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Should be intersting to see what the pred get

I think people on this board are undervalueing him

a first rounder and a top prospect if not more will be the price
For a guy who has already left the NHL once for the KHL while still under contract? You're crazy if you dont think that massively reduces his value. Hes not even officially back yet anyways!!

goliath5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 12:11 PM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Should be intersting to see what the pred get

I think people on this board are undervalueing him

a first rounder and a top prospect if not more will be the price
no way.
not for a player who you dont even know really wants to play in the NHL. one day he is saying the NHL should stop poaching players from the KHL, the next day(well not literally) he is saying I want back in the NHL.
What do you suppose its gonna be like for him when he comes back? someone is really gonna wreck him if he ever did come back. Me personally I would not want him as a teammate.
I say let his sorry ass rot over there in the KHL. teach him a lesson for turning his back on the greatest hockey league in the world.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 12:19 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2458
Should be interesting to see what happens when the arbitation comes closer

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 12:52 PM
hestolltheshow

I say blackball him. Make an example out of him. Of course this would never happen as he is a top 6 guy, just weird that 2 months ago everyone wanted him dead, now everyone just wants him on their team, haha, hilarious.

hestolltheshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Saucechucker99

I think he could fetch a high price for Nashville however the team trading for him would have to be certain he was going to continue playing in the NHL. But if he is uncertain on where he wants to play I dont see Nashville getting offered something like a conditional pick or mid level pick.

Saucechucker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 01:06 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I would assume before any deal would be done the GM of the team trying to get Radulov would want to be able to talk to him and his agent about his intentions. If you could get Radulov to commit to coming back then lots of teams would probably want him. Nashville fans might not want to hear it but I wouldn't be surprised if having to play hockey in Nashville had something to do with his decision. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with Radulov but I believe that has something to do with it.

ya, and he showed it everytime he scored a goal, or when arnott scored in the playoffs (he just skated off like he hated being in that arena with that team), or when he is out on the town with the other younger players (suter, hamhuis, weber).

speculate all you want. radulov is a high energy kid, that joked around with everyone around him, always laughing. and sometimes i think that over excitement wore a few of the older players out.

some nashville fans have been saying that he is a little slow, and the team doesnt want to deal with him anymore becuase of that. i have never really heard that, but if it is true, why are the dealing with legwand.

that being said, he may have not been completely sold with the system that was in place. not getting enough ice time and such. may have not been happy with hordichuk leaving. but that has nothing to do with the city of nashville (how i took your statement)

as far as the shopping thing, who knows what is going to happen. some of these offers from you guys are pretty nice. i would take a few. i cant believe he would get that much with what has happened.

i tend to think that poile is just window shopping. seeing what he can get for him if and when he comes back. so that if/when he comes back, poile will be prepared to make his decision wether to keep him or not. if its only going to be a 3rd/4th round pick and maybe a grinder, i think he takes his chances with the poison in the locker room for a year. let face it. preds are not picked to win the cup this year, but with rads, we have a better chance of making the playoffs. And we need to make the playoffs as much as possible.

if its a 1st rounder + someone who can come in a produce 20 goals, he may be more willing to say he doesnt want to deal with the poison. send him off (to the east)

but who knows. just my thoughts.

oh ya, as far as the russian/english language thing. now i could be wrong on this, but i thought i read somwhere that he took lessons well before he came over to north america, knowing he wanted to play in the nhl. so i have to think he gets along just fine. again, i could be wrong on that.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 01:17 PM
SJeasy

A thought regarding Rad's value. With the arbitration not having transpired yet, I would think that it would be possible for the arbitrator to say that Rad's owed the NHL one year to be followed by 3 years of fulfilling his Russian deal. If that was the case, he would not have a lot of value, because I doubt another GM would be interested for one year and then 4 years down the road. In a sense, that type of punishment might act as a deterrent to future jumps because with a stellar NHL year, he would likely surpass the Russian salary in North America.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 01:32 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
A thought regarding Rad's value. With the arbitration not having transpired yet, I would think that it would be possible for the arbitrator to say that Rad's owed the NHL one year to be followed by 3 years of fulfilling his Russian deal. If that was the case, he would not have a lot of value, because I doubt another GM would be interested for one year and then 4 years down the road. In a sense, that type of punishment might act as a deterrent to future jumps because with a stellar NHL year, he would likely surpass the Russian salary in North America.
interesting.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 08:21 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsLove88 View Post
What are the Rangers at for cap/contracts like? Would they be able to take on less salary this year and have enough room next year to re-sign him for big money?
depending on what he and zherdev want i could see them both getting under contract...they have some space next season as both mara(1.9) and kalinin(2.1) are gone plus prucha most likely(1.6) so they have the room to resign peopke plus the 2 million or so they have still for this season....

if zherdev wants 5 million he can get that and if radulov wants 3.5 he could get that as well....

with the influx of young talent from the minors(anisimov, cheraponov, byers, sanguinetti, sauer, potter) i could see them fitting radulov in if he wanted to stay....or they could sign him cheap for one year and when naslund comes off the books they could give him a better deal if he deserves it with the extra 4 million...

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 08:28 PM
NYR Viper

rangers could probably offer up a pretty nice package of guys like:

2 of- prucha, sjostrom, callahan, byers, hillier
+
1 of- jessiman, moore
+
conditional 2nd 2010(if he resigns and stays in the nhl)

a package of:
sjostrom, prucha, moore, 2nd 2010

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Builditagain*

O'Sullivan for Radulov straight up.Same ceiling and potential both skill guys.Do it Deano!

Builditagain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 09:57 AM
King Mapes
HF's King

Radulov

I'm curious as to what it would take to get this guy. Should be a future 40 goal scorer but I don't need to get into details of the situation because we all know about it. Will Nashville get full value? Will they get slightly below? Will they get next to nothing?

I actually feel bad for Preds fans. This guy had huge potential and he is very talented. I want Leafs to make an effort to get him (he is only 21 or 22) and I was curious as to what it would take to get him? I think he is the most questionable player available.

Follow me on Twitter @mapesHFboards
King Mapes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Soundgarden

I wouldn't say 40 goal more around 25-30, but yeah if he actually commits he will be pretty good.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
I'm curious as to what it would take to get this guy. Should be a future 40 goal scorer but I don't need to get into details of the situation because we all know about it. Will Nashville get full value? Will they get slightly below? Will they get next to nothing?

I actually feel bad for Preds fans. This guy had huge potential and he is very talented. I want Leafs to make an effort to get him (he is only 21 or 22) and I was curious as to what it would take to get him? I think he is the most questionable player available.
I have a hard time seeing any team giving up quality pieces for someone who may bolt back to Russia after his 1 year contract is up. I feel he wants to come back to prevent this arbitration crap for going forward. I think the KHL powers that be told him to do this and come back when the year is up.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 10:34 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
If he comes back for a full season I think he'd be good for 30-35 goals on 1st line, 23-26 goals on 2nd line. Maybe worth a 1st rounder around the trade deadline if he plays at that pace. If he gets traded before the season begins I'd say he'd be worth a good 2nd rounder or a decent prospect.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 12:20 PM
King Mapes
HF's King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I wouldn't say 40 goal more around 25-30, but yeah if he actually commits he will be pretty good.
He already has 25-30, though, which is why I think he could get more. Maybe not 40 but he could score 35 someday, easily.

King Mapes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Filip Forceberg

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=550702

Filip Forceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 01:14 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
At his peak, though, Rads could get 40 easy. If he wanted to apply himself and trust his teammates on the ice more, he could probably get 50...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 01:25 PM
KingPuckChoo

value of Radulov ? at this point ?

a bag of cheetos, and not the fancy shmancy stuff...a regular flavor 230g bag

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 01:39 PM
AMGETR*

Dispite his talent, does anyone truthfully really want him on your team? I could care less if the Canucks got him for free, I still wouldn't want him to wear the jersey. The guy is a traitor and for all the bad things he said about the NHL, he can rot in hell in Russia for all I care.

We all knew from the beggining he was going to a ****** league. Everyone knew it. The Russian leagues are full of AHL calibre players and guys that aren't wanted by the NHL anymore (ie. Jagr and Emery).

Don't let him back in the league only unless Nashville wants him, and make him play for free.

AMGETR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Soundgarden

dude be serious it's not like he's useless and sits there and not contribute to the game, he scores 20 goals easily, sorry I said 25-30 up top I meant 30-35.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 03:32 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
If i am atlanta, i would try and get ahold of this issue quick. Im sure Raddy has some respect for a guy like Kovalchuk and im sure Kovalchuk could become a very persuasive person.

Raddy is not going to land nashville a lot at this time. and i think a great home and a great idea for atlanta, with the current position they are in now, could use a boom or bust option at a low cost in radulov.

just an idea. please dont hurt me
From Nashville to Atlanta.

That is like choosing between Tom Cruise and Nicholas Cage!!

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Cherepanisimov

nothing more than prucha

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote