HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

All Radulov Talk here (value, offers, chances of return, etc...)

Old
09-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Hutz

vCash: 500
Value of Radulov?

Well... what's the value of a contract with his name on it?

yeah, about that

Hutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantooplay View Post
Dispite his talent, does anyone truthfully really want him on your team? I could care less if the Canucks got him for free, I still wouldn't want him to wear the jersey. The guy is a traitor and for all the bad things he said about the NHL, he can rot in hell in Russia for all I care.

We all knew from the beggining he was going to a ****** league. Everyone knew it. The Russian leagues are full of AHL calibre players and guys that aren't wanted by the NHL anymore (ie. Jagr and Emery).

Don't let him back in the league only unless Nashville wants him, and make him play for free.
well didnt Jagr make $8 Mill last season? maybe he still wanted wayyy too much, not that he wasnt wanted. Emery was just a distraction and negative media bait

Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro View Post
well didnt Jagr make $8 Mill last season? maybe he still wanted wayyy too much, not that he wasnt wanted. Emery was just a distraction and negative media bait
But the cap for the rangers was only like 4.7. JJ wanted a 3 year contract for 8 mil each and we couldnt pay him that.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
How many times is this going to be answered?

5th Radulov thread in 3 days or somethin.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 10:53 AM
Airborne Troll*

A green gatorade and a bag of chips

Airborne Troll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Randall Ritchey
TFP Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senators Master View Post
A green Gatorade and a bag of chips
Why be so kind to give up a green Gatorade? A purple would do just fine.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
A thought regarding Rad's value. With the arbitration not having transpired yet, I would think that it would be possible for the arbitrator to say that Rad's owed the NHL one year to be followed by 3 years of fulfilling his Russian deal. If that was the case, he would not have a lot of value, because I doubt another GM would be interested for one year and then 4 years down the road. In a sense, that type of punishment might act as a deterrent to future jumps because with a stellar NHL year, he would likely surpass the Russian salary in North America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
This isn't a rumor. The NHL and KHL agreed to let it go to arbitration so it WILL be decided and I can't imagine how it could be ruled for him to go to the KHL. He will be back on the Predators. There were also reports last week he wants to leave the KHL already himself even though I'm not sure if that was true or not.

FYI, Radulov's arbitration will take place in Russia......I don't see it going in favour of NHL.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 01:08 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
FYI, Radulov's arbitration will take place in Russia......I don't see it going in favour of NHL.
Link?

The last I saw was that Daly rejected that locale for arbitration. If it changed, I agree with your perspective.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Lionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Builditagain View Post
O'Sullivan for Radulov straight up.Same ceiling and potential both skill guys.Do it Deano!
Value-wise it's a good deal (and makes a certain degree of sense), but I don't think Kings fans will go for it.

Lionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Zine

Quote:
Link?

The last I saw was that Daly rejected that locale for arbitration. If it changed, I agree with your perspective.
Well, in terms of where it will be held, both sides are at an impasse right now. However, IMO, the KHL holds the upper hand as they're the ones voluntarily submitting to arbitration.

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...=5070&emc=eta1

"Its position towards the NHL remains unchanged. The KHL is going to insist that the arbitration take place in the countries where the disputed contracts were signed." (this also includes the requested arbitration of the Voinov and Loktionov signings).
http://kommersant.ru/doc.aspx?DocsID=1027965

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Gionta for Radulov. Do it, do it. In 5,4,3,2,1........do it, do it now. Do it, do it. 3,2,1 do it now. now, do it. DO IT.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Kingler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Builditagain View Post
O'Sullivan for Radulov straight up.Same ceiling and potential both skill guys.Do it Deano!
yes, value wise Radulov for Sully is pretty even. Both are similar in age and upside. But even if he agrees to an extension, Radulov still is public enemy #1 in the NHL. This could be very disruptive to any team.

Still, with the Kings having problem signing O'Sullivan to an extension, I think if the package was sweet enough then it should be considered. So if the Kings can get an extra asset from Nashville like Franson, Zanon, Klein, Blum, or Laakso then they should strongly consider it.

But its probably unlikely to work because Radulov and Sully would have to agree to contracts before any trade could happen.

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Builditagain*

Radulov for O'Sullivan is perfect.Same style of player with the same upside,both players need a change of scenery for different reasons.

Builditagain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
Gionta for Radulov. Do it, do it. In 5,4,3,2,1........do it, do it now. Do it, do it. 3,2,1 do it now. now, do it. DO IT.
aahahaha nice reference

Quote:
False. NHL will never agree to it.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 03:52 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Well, in terms of where it will be held, both sides are at an impasse right now. However, IMO, the KHL holds the upper hand as they're the ones voluntarily submitting to arbitration.

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...=5070&emc=eta1

"Its position towards the NHL remains unchanged. The KHL is going to insist that the arbitration take place in the countries where the disputed contracts were signed." (this also includes the requested arbitration of the Voinov and Loktionov signings).
http://kommersant.ru/doc.aspx?DocsID=1027965
Thanks for the Russian link, I had seen the NYTimes link.

IMO, because the issue is at an impasse, I see the distinct and strong possibility of a neutral site (eg Switzerland) being selected for all arbitrations. I understand the principle about possession being a large part of the law. However, the level of intransigence of both parties and the history of intransigence on both sides weighs heavily in my thinking about likely outcomes.

Old
09-20-2008, 04:21 PM
ktulu98

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJCfan View Post
so now he is welcome back just like that? A couple of weeks ago he was a *******.
it is just funny how people react now...

If he made this **** once he will do it again. Even if he would score 40goals, always he can threat the team that he will leave if he will not get more money etc..
he will became cancer of locker room

ktulu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
So now everyone wants Radulov on their team after saying he can rot in the KHL, after "reportedly" wanting to come back?

i don't want him........ he is a perfect fit for the Rangers...
they collect Players without character and Money hunt

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Langway
Flow➜Grow

vCash: 50
Quote:
IMO, because the issue is at an impasse, I see the distinct and strong possibility of a neutral site (eg Switzerland) being selected for all arbitrations. I understand the principle about possession being a large part of the law. However, the level of intransigence of both parties and the history of intransigence on both sides weighs heavily in my thinking about likely outcomes.
The NHL's preferred venue was the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which is located in Lausanne, Switzerland. The KHL balked at that and wanted the Radulov case to be heard in Russia and a handful of other, less controversial cases (Mayorov, Voinov and Loktionov) to be heard in the US.

I'm not sure both sides are going to come to an agreement to really lay the groundwork for this to get resolved by a neutral third party.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 05:23 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
The NHL's preferred venue was the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which is located in Lausanne, Switzerland. The KHL balked at that and wanted the Radulov case to be heard in Russia and a handful of other, less controversial cases (Mayorov, Voinov and Loktionov) to be heard in the US.

I'm not sure both sides are going to come to an agreement to really lay the groundwork for this to get resolved by a neutral third party.
Thanks. I really see the point of your last comment, and we are both unsure. Intransigence generally comes when a party thinks it has been bullied or unjustly wronged and I can see why both sides feel that way.

Old
09-21-2008, 12:44 AM
The Depahted

I might just be overtired, but...

Boston:

Axelsson/Schaefer
Soderberg
Conditional 2nd (?)

Nashville:
Radulov
Conditional 3rd/4th (?)

Axe or Schaefer can take over a top 6 role and both are very good defensively. Axe is a UFA at the year's end at 1.85 mil and Schaefer has 1 more year at 2.1 mil.
Soderberg is a fairly high risk, as he has defected to Sweden for yet another Bruins training camp, but he is Malmo's franchise player and has been compared favorably to Fabian Brunnstrom (by some )
The B's conditional pick may be if Radulov resigns with the B's or if Soderberg fails to play for the Predators. The Preds' may be for if Radulov fails to play for Boston.

High risk, potential high reward for both teams. Nashville gets the only sure thing with either Axe or Schaef.

Whatcha think?

The Depahted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 06:55 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Depahted View Post
I might just be overtired, but...

Boston:

Axelsson/Schaefer
Soderberg
Conditional 2nd (?)

Nashville:
Radulov
Conditional 3rd/4th (?)

Axe or Schaefer can take over a top 6 role and both are very good defensively. Axe is a UFA at the year's end at 1.85 mil and Schaefer has 1 more year at 2.1 mil.
Soderberg is a fairly high risk, as he has defected to Sweden for yet another Bruins training camp, but he is Malmo's franchise player and has been compared favorably to Fabian Brunnstrom (by some )
The B's conditional pick may be if Radulov resigns with the B's or if Soderberg fails to play for the Predators. The Preds' may be for if Radulov fails to play for Boston.

High risk, potential high reward for both teams. Nashville gets the only sure thing with either Axe or Schaef.

Whatcha think?
Nope. Soderberg is a good prospect but I can't see Axelsson or Schaefer having any type of importance in this deal. Poile would need someone with the same type of potential Radulov has. I think if I'm the Preds I try a Kessel for Radulov swap but realistically the B's would likely decline. If that's the case they B's would have to give up a Krejci or Hamill plus a 1st rounder.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 07:29 AM
Muscle Bob

Quote:

I wonder why they didn't want the same in Malkin's case?

Muscle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 04:49 PM
thrillhous

Quote:

If Rads was still playing for his KHL team the KHL would have the upper hand to determine venue. Accordingly, it seems to me that it is likely to go to a neutral venue.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 06:00 AM
Muscle Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
If Rads was still playing for his KHL team the KHL would have the upper hand to determine venue. Accordingly, it seems to me that it is likely to go to a neutral venue.
And he isn't?

Muscle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 06:19 AM
Builditagain*

O'Sullivan for Radulov makes the most sense.Because of the similarities in playing skill and style.LA is broke but can fit Radulov salary,the preds need a character skill guy in their top six to win the west.Of course an offer sheet would be the way to go ,come in at 3.9mil for Sully and you only give up a1st and a3rd draft pick .Seems like a good deal for a proven scorer thats only gonna get better.

Builditagain* is offline   Reply With Quote