HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

All Radulov Talk here (value, offers, chances of return, etc...)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-19-2008, 05:52 PM
  #276
Hutz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: South Korea
Posts: 2,412
vCash: 500
Value of Radulov?

Well... what's the value of a contract with his name on it?

yeah, about that

Hutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 07:38 PM
  #277
Pro
Registered User
 
Pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Syracuse, NY
Country: Sweden
Posts: 748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantooplay View Post
Dispite his talent, does anyone truthfully really want him on your team? I could care less if the Canucks got him for free, I still wouldn't want him to wear the jersey. The guy is a traitor and for all the bad things he said about the NHL, he can rot in hell in Russia for all I care.

We all knew from the beggining he was going to a ****** league. Everyone knew it. The Russian leagues are full of AHL calibre players and guys that aren't wanted by the NHL anymore (ie. Jagr and Emery).

Don't let him back in the league only unless Nashville wants him, and make him play for free.
well didnt Jagr make $8 Mill last season? maybe he still wanted wayyy too much, not that he wasnt wanted. Emery was just a distraction and negative media bait

Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 10:28 PM
  #278
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro View Post
well didnt Jagr make $8 Mill last season? maybe he still wanted wayyy too much, not that he wasnt wanted. Emery was just a distraction and negative media bait
But the cap for the rangers was only like 4.7. JJ wanted a 3 year contract for 8 mil each and we couldnt pay him that.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 10:33 PM
  #279
Radek27
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,706
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
How many times is this going to be answered?

5th Radulov thread in 3 days or somethin.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 10:53 AM
  #280
Airborne Troll*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,862
vCash: 500
A green gatorade and a bag of chips

Airborne Troll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 11:39 AM
  #281
Randall Ritchey
TFP Correspondent
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senators Master View Post
A green Gatorade and a bag of chips
Why be so kind to give up a green Gatorade? A purple would do just fine.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 12:09 PM
  #282
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
A thought regarding Rad's value. With the arbitration not having transpired yet, I would think that it would be possible for the arbitrator to say that Rad's owed the NHL one year to be followed by 3 years of fulfilling his Russian deal. If that was the case, he would not have a lot of value, because I doubt another GM would be interested for one year and then 4 years down the road. In a sense, that type of punishment might act as a deterrent to future jumps because with a stellar NHL year, he would likely surpass the Russian salary in North America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
This isn't a rumor. The NHL and KHL agreed to let it go to arbitration so it WILL be decided and I can't imagine how it could be ruled for him to go to the KHL. He will be back on the Predators. There were also reports last week he wants to leave the KHL already himself even though I'm not sure if that was true or not.

FYI, Radulov's arbitration will take place in Russia......I don't see it going in favour of NHL.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 01:08 PM
  #283
SJeasy
Registered User
 
SJeasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 12,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
FYI, Radulov's arbitration will take place in Russia......I don't see it going in favour of NHL.
Link?

The last I saw was that Daly rejected that locale for arbitration. If it changed, I agree with your perspective.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 01:12 PM
  #284
Lionheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Builditagain View Post
O'Sullivan for Radulov straight up.Same ceiling and potential both skill guys.Do it Deano!
Value-wise it's a good deal (and makes a certain degree of sense), but I don't think Kings fans will go for it.

Lionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 02:19 PM
  #285
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
Link?

The last I saw was that Daly rejected that locale for arbitration. If it changed, I agree with your perspective.
Well, in terms of where it will be held, both sides are at an impasse right now. However, IMO, the KHL holds the upper hand as they're the ones voluntarily submitting to arbitration.

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...=5070&emc=eta1



"Its position towards the NHL remains unchanged. The KHL is going to insist that the arbitration take place in the countries where the disputed contracts were signed." (this also includes the requested arbitration of the Voinov and Loktionov signings).
http://kommersant.ru/doc.aspx?DocsID=1027965

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 02:24 PM
  #286
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 63,968
vCash: 500
Gionta for Radulov. Do it, do it. In 5,4,3,2,1........do it, do it now. Do it, do it. 3,2,1 do it now. now, do it. DO IT.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 02:29 PM
  #287
Kingler
 
Kingler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Builditagain View Post
O'Sullivan for Radulov straight up.Same ceiling and potential both skill guys.Do it Deano!
yes, value wise Radulov for Sully is pretty even. Both are similar in age and upside. But even if he agrees to an extension, Radulov still is public enemy #1 in the NHL. This could be very disruptive to any team.

Still, with the Kings having problem signing O'Sullivan to an extension, I think if the package was sweet enough then it should be considered. So if the Kings can get an extra asset from Nashville like Franson, Zanon, Klein, Blum, or Laakso then they should strongly consider it.

But its probably unlikely to work because Radulov and Sully would have to agree to contracts before any trade could happen.

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 02:32 PM
  #288
Builditagain*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Radulov for O'Sullivan is perfect.Same style of player with the same upside,both players need a change of scenery for different reasons.

Builditagain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 03:13 PM
  #289
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
Gionta for Radulov. Do it, do it. In 5,4,3,2,1........do it, do it now. Do it, do it. 3,2,1 do it now. now, do it. DO IT.
aahahaha nice reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
FYI, Radulov's arbitration will take place in Russia......I don't see it going in favour of NHL.
False. NHL will never agree to it.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 03:52 PM
  #290
SJeasy
Registered User
 
SJeasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 12,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Well, in terms of where it will be held, both sides are at an impasse right now. However, IMO, the KHL holds the upper hand as they're the ones voluntarily submitting to arbitration.

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...=5070&emc=eta1



"Its position towards the NHL remains unchanged. The KHL is going to insist that the arbitration take place in the countries where the disputed contracts were signed." (this also includes the requested arbitration of the Voinov and Loktionov signings).
http://kommersant.ru/doc.aspx?DocsID=1027965
Thanks for the Russian link, I had seen the NYTimes link.

IMO, because the issue is at an impasse, I see the distinct and strong possibility of a neutral site (eg Switzerland) being selected for all arbitrations. I understand the principle about possession being a large part of the law. However, the level of intransigence of both parties and the history of intransigence on both sides weighs heavily in my thinking about likely outcomes.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 04:21 PM
  #291
ktulu98
Registered User
 
ktulu98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJCfan View Post
so now he is welcome back just like that? A couple of weeks ago he was a *******.
it is just funny how people react now...

If he made this **** once he will do it again. Even if he would score 40goals, always he can threat the team that he will leave if he will not get more money etc..
he will became cancer of locker room

ktulu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 04:56 PM
  #292
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,598
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
So now everyone wants Radulov on their team after saying he can rot in the KHL, after "reportedly" wanting to come back?

i don't want him........ he is a perfect fit for the Rangers...
they collect Players without character and Money hunt

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 05:11 PM
  #293
Langway
Flow➜Grow
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,507
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
IMO, because the issue is at an impasse, I see the distinct and strong possibility of a neutral site (eg Switzerland) being selected for all arbitrations. I understand the principle about possession being a large part of the law. However, the level of intransigence of both parties and the history of intransigence on both sides weighs heavily in my thinking about likely outcomes.
The NHL's preferred venue was the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which is located in Lausanne, Switzerland. The KHL balked at that and wanted the Radulov case to be heard in Russia and a handful of other, less controversial cases (Mayorov, Voinov and Loktionov) to be heard in the US.

I'm not sure both sides are going to come to an agreement to really lay the groundwork for this to get resolved by a neutral third party.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 05:23 PM
  #294
SJeasy
Registered User
 
SJeasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 12,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
The NHL's preferred venue was the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which is located in Lausanne, Switzerland. The KHL balked at that and wanted the Radulov case to be heard in Russia and a handful of other, less controversial cases (Mayorov, Voinov and Loktionov) to be heard in the US.

I'm not sure both sides are going to come to an agreement to really lay the groundwork for this to get resolved by a neutral third party.
Thanks. I really see the point of your last comment, and we are both unsure. Intransigence generally comes when a party thinks it has been bullied or unjustly wronged and I can see why both sides feel that way.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 12:44 AM
  #295
The Depahted
Registered User
 
The Depahted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ISL
Country: United States
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
I might just be overtired, but...

Boston:

Axelsson/Schaefer
Soderberg
Conditional 2nd (?)

Nashville:
Radulov
Conditional 3rd/4th (?)

Axe or Schaefer can take over a top 6 role and both are very good defensively. Axe is a UFA at the year's end at 1.85 mil and Schaefer has 1 more year at 2.1 mil.
Soderberg is a fairly high risk, as he has defected to Sweden for yet another Bruins training camp, but he is Malmo's franchise player and has been compared favorably to Fabian Brunnstrom (by some )
The B's conditional pick may be if Radulov resigns with the B's or if Soderberg fails to play for the Predators. The Preds' may be for if Radulov fails to play for Boston.

High risk, potential high reward for both teams. Nashville gets the only sure thing with either Axe or Schaef.

Whatcha think?

The Depahted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 06:55 AM
  #296
AlMo
Registered User
 
AlMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Depahted View Post
I might just be overtired, but...

Boston:

Axelsson/Schaefer
Soderberg
Conditional 2nd (?)

Nashville:
Radulov
Conditional 3rd/4th (?)

Axe or Schaefer can take over a top 6 role and both are very good defensively. Axe is a UFA at the year's end at 1.85 mil and Schaefer has 1 more year at 2.1 mil.
Soderberg is a fairly high risk, as he has defected to Sweden for yet another Bruins training camp, but he is Malmo's franchise player and has been compared favorably to Fabian Brunnstrom (by some )
The B's conditional pick may be if Radulov resigns with the B's or if Soderberg fails to play for the Predators. The Preds' may be for if Radulov fails to play for Boston.

High risk, potential high reward for both teams. Nashville gets the only sure thing with either Axe or Schaef.

Whatcha think?
Nope. Soderberg is a good prospect but I can't see Axelsson or Schaefer having any type of importance in this deal. Poile would need someone with the same type of potential Radulov has. I think if I'm the Preds I try a Kessel for Radulov swap but realistically the B's would likely decline. If that's the case they B's would have to give up a Krejci or Hamill plus a 1st rounder.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 07:29 AM
  #297
Muscle Bob
Registered User
 
Muscle Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
The NHL's preferred venue was the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which is located in Lausanne, Switzerland. The KHL balked at that and wanted the Radulov case to be heard in Russia and a handful of other, less controversial cases (Mayorov, Voinov and Loktionov) to be heard in the US.

I'm not sure both sides are going to come to an agreement to really lay the groundwork for this to get resolved by a neutral third party.
I wonder why they didn't want the same in Malkin's case?

Muscle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 04:49 PM
  #298
thrillhous
Registered User
 
thrillhous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
The NHL's preferred venue was the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which is located in Lausanne, Switzerland. The KHL balked at that and wanted the Radulov case to be heard in Russia and a handful of other, less controversial cases (Mayorov, Voinov and Loktionov) to be heard in the US.

I'm not sure both sides are going to come to an agreement to really lay the groundwork for this to get resolved by a neutral third party.
If Rads was still playing for his KHL team the KHL would have the upper hand to determine venue. Accordingly, it seems to me that it is likely to go to a neutral venue.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 06:00 AM
  #299
Muscle Bob
Registered User
 
Muscle Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
If Rads was still playing for his KHL team the KHL would have the upper hand to determine venue. Accordingly, it seems to me that it is likely to go to a neutral venue.
And he isn't?

Muscle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 06:19 AM
  #300
Builditagain*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
O'Sullivan for Radulov makes the most sense.Because of the similarities in playing skill and style.LA is broke but can fit Radulov salary,the preds need a character skill guy in their top six to win the west.Of course an offer sheet would be the way to go ,come in at 3.9mil for Sully and you only give up a1st and a3rd draft pick .Seems like a good deal for a proven scorer thats only gonna get better.

Builditagain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.