HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Radulov Talk here (value, offers, chances of return, etc...)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-11-2008, 08:25 PM
  #126
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermettefanatic View Post
I would offer Radulov two kicks in the crotch, anything more is mass overpayment.
**** so three kicks is overpayment? Damn!

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 09:52 PM
  #127
Kingler
 
Kingler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
Not one person is underestimating his talent! We are saying he is untrustworthy of any significant deal because he will bolt back to Russia after his contract is up. He is just saying he will come back to prevent this arbitration case from going forward.
So if a trade happen at worst he will play 1 season in the NHL. So his value shouldn't be less than a playoff rental, which could be a lot...look at how much Forsberg got for Philly.

Also, IMO its not a forgone conclusion that he will be going back to Russia. He is on a rookie salary and, comparatively to his production, he is being paid below his value. However, he will get a chance to renegotiate his contract next year. Therefore, his NHL salary could very well jump 4 to 5 times. And if he gets a chance to move to a city he feels comfortable with then, IMO, there's a good chance he resigns long term. Its all a calculated risk I guess. But you are talking about a guy that is once considered untouchable so its not a bad risk to take.

And just want to add, Yashin was also "untrustworthy" of any significant deal, but it didn't stop the Isles from giving him that ridicules contract.

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 09:58 PM
  #128
alexovetjkin
 
alexovetjkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
Quote:
ol.. Malkin lives there too..
I believe at some point Malkin's parents had to move, they were harassed by the team fans. And Malkin at that time could quit at any time because of Russian law of employment at will... not anymore

alexovetjkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:03 PM
  #129
Flinch*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Teams give up tons for rentals all the time. Essentially this is a year long rental as opposed to a trade deadline rental
Except, if Radulov is being traded it is because the Predators believe he'll have a negative impact on the team and that he needs to get him out there.

He'll be in a compromised bargaining position. It's not as though the Predators have a ton of offensive depth, either, which leads me to believe that hanging onto him would be in the Preds better interests, assuming that his presence won't screw up the dynamic of the locker room.

Basically, if Radulov is on the block, Nashville's GM (whose name I can never remember, apologies) is going to be dealing from a less than fair position.

Flinch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:06 PM
  #130
Trottier
Very Random
 
Trottier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 27,537
vCash: 500
Another Delusional "Something For Nothing" Prefabricated Wet Dream Trade Scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post
His value must have hit the floor, so Rudolov for Prucha straight up?
Christmas is several months off.

***

Can someone please provide a REALITY CHECK to this thread?

Radulov is going nowhere. Poile is not dumb. And the melodrama of his return is just that - melodrama, created by those looking for an excuse to get a superb young talent in exchange for scraps.

Dream on.

Trottier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:06 PM
  #131
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I think Washington hops on this and gets him. Radulov + Ovy could be a great combo. If not try Rads with Semin. I don't want my Rangers anywhere near Radulov though.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:08 PM
  #132
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermettefanatic View Post
I would offer Radulov two kicks in the crotch, anything more is mass overpayment.


Love it

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:09 PM
  #133
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
Christmas is several months off.

***

Can someone please provide a REALITY CHECK to this thread?

Radulov is going nowhere. Poile is not dumb. And the melodrama of his return is just that - melodrama, created by those looking for an excuse to get a superb young talent in exchange for scraps.

Dream on.
If he takes him back he sure is dumb. Was he not just suspended by the Preds for the entire upcoming NHL season? Can you imagine the talk in the locker room? The only reason this should be good news for the Preds is that they will hopefully get something good for him instead of just losing him for nothin.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:13 PM
  #134
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexovetjkin View Post
I believe at some point Malkin's parents had to move, they were harassed by the team fans. And Malkin at that time could quit at any time because of Russian law of employment at will... not anymore
Umm...no they didn't.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:15 PM
  #135
Trottier
Very Random
 
Trottier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 27,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
If he takes him back he sure is dumb. Was he not just suspended by the Preds for the entire upcoming NHL season? Can you imagine the talk in the locker room? The only reason this should be good news for the Preds is that they will hopefully get something good for him instead of just losing him for nothin.
As I said, melodrama and wishful thinking on the part of non-Pred fans hoping to get something for nothing. Typically, players recognize that June-September, the NHL is strictly busine$$. If the guy produces on the ice, all is forgiven. And he does produce. (Contrast with a guy like, for example, Yashin. His contract shenanigans were not what rubbed teammates the wrong way - it was his unreliability, his inability to earn his $$$, that they detested.)

We'll see if I'm wrong about Radulov going nowhere. I doubt it.

Just two months ago, Malkin "had" to be traded according to the same Eklund Wannabes here, based on the Pens' horrrrrrific cap situation.

If taking on an erratic (immature) young talented personality was so horrible, Sather would have never traded for the Amazing Zherdev, NYC "Superstar" before his time. I'm not suggesting that their situations are similar, but you get the point.

And you got to tell your NYR brethren to put down the pipe. Prucha for Radulov! Pyatt and picks!

(PS - I was about to defend you on your own board regarding the asinine comment by an NYR fanboy comparing Radulov to Jagr. But I figured you can handle it on your own.)


Last edited by Trottier: 09-11-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Trottier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:15 PM
  #136
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
For Radulov, I'd give a lot because I do believe that he'd re-sign in Montreal. Here it goes, bash away...

To Montreal:
Radulov
He played his junior hockey in the QMJHL and would love it with our Russian contengent
To Nashville:
Higgins (27 goals to replace Radulov's 26)
Halak
One of our top prospects on defense, a choice between Fischer, Korneev or Carle

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:16 PM
  #137
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I think Washington hops on this and gets him. Radulov + Ovy could be a great combo. If not try Rads with Semin. I don't want my Rangers anywhere near Radulov though.
Are you being serious?

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:37 PM
  #138
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Are you being serious?
As cancer, which is what he is.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:38 PM
  #139
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
As cancer, which is what he is.
Isn't it a bit early in his career to categorize him as such? Who would want to play hockey in Nashville?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:41 PM
  #140
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
As I said, melodrama and wishful thinking on the part of non-Pred fans hoping to get something for nothing. Typically, players recognize that June-September, the NHL is strictly busine$$. If the guy produces on the ice, all is forgiven. And he does produce. (Contrast with a guy like, for example, Yashin. His contract shenanigans were not what rubbed teammates the wrong way - it was his unreliability, his inability to earn his $$$, that they detested.)

We'll see if I'm wrong about Radulov going nowhere. I doubt it.

Just two months ago, Malkin "had" to be traded according to the same Eklund Wannabes here, based on the Pens' horrrrrrific cap situation.

If taking on an erratic (immature) young talented personality was so horrible, Sather would have never traded for the Amazing Zherdev, NYC "Superstar" before his time. I'm not suggesting that their situations are similar, but you get the point.

And you got to tell your NYR brethren to put down the pipe. Prucha for Radulov! Pyatt and picks!

(PS - I was about to defend you on your own board regarding the asinine comment by an NYR fanboy comparing Radulov to Jagr. But I figured you can handle it on your own.)
So Trotts, your saying you don't think the team suspention will have no play in this? Suspended from the team for the season. If they didn't suspend him yet I can get some of what your saying, but the team seems to have already moved on without him in the plans. I hope KHL contract gets voided, Preds void his current NHL contract for breech, and they make him sit till the damn deadline till they trade him. If I was the Preds GM that is what I would do.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:41 PM
  #141
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Isn't it a bit early in his career to categorize him as such? Who would want to play hockey in Nashville?
Whoever signed a 3 year contract stating they would do so.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:49 PM
  #142
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Whoever signed a 3 year contract stating they would do so.
So in your opinion, are all players not honoring their contracts "cancers"?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:52 PM
  #143
Static
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 17,472
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Static
The price teams would be willing to pay wouldnt be worth trading him for. They may as well just keep him.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:56 PM
  #144
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
That's why they traded two first rounders, a second rounder, a third rounder and a pair of prospects for Nagy and Norstrom two years ago, right?
Norstrom was not a rental...He retired a Dallas Star and played 2 great seasons for us. Nagy was expected to stay in Dallas before he showed he sucked something fierce. Lets try not to comment on things Dallas unless you actually know the facts. Was it overpayment on Dallas' part? Sure it was! Overpayment happens all the time in the NHL. Those 2 players were brought in to be a mainstay in Dallas and well Norstrom is the only one who worked out. Plus those deals were done in the Doug Armstrong era which is finally gone...I can tell you that you will not see JackHull moving 1st round picks or legit prospects for old D and unproven/streaky wingers.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 11:11 PM
  #145
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
So in your opinion, are all players not honoring their contracts "cancers"?
When they do it twice, to two different teams............yeah.

I also didn't realize this was such a popular thing in the NHL that we have to say all players. Not many players do it and the ones that have before, on just hold out nevermind signing with another team, have most likely wished they didn't now. It just didn't help thier careers.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 11:26 PM
  #146
FaceOfTheFranchise
Registered User
 
FaceOfTheFranchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Who would want to play hockey in Nashville?
Yeah who would EVER want to play in Nashville? I guess the Preds just forced all of their core players (Dumont, Suter, Weber, Legwand, etc.) to sign longterm deals. MUST be a horrible place to play

FaceOfTheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 11:53 PM
  #147
Trottier
Very Random
 
Trottier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 27,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
So Trotts, your saying you don't think the team suspention will have no play in this? Suspended from the team for the season. If they didn't suspend him yet I can get some of what your saying, but the team seems to have already moved on without him in the plans. I hope KHL contract gets voided, Preds void his current NHL contract for breech, and they make him sit till the damn deadline till they trade him. If I was the Preds GM that is what I would do.
Look I'm not suggesting for a moment that Radulov played his cards correctly.

Nor do I suggest that there "may not" be some animosity within the organization; that would be naive.

But I do not think you automatically get from where we were pre-June to "Radulov MUST be moved!", not by any stretch. That would be a rash decision. And I do not claim to understand the technicalities of his suspension, however, if you are Nashville and you can have Radulov playing for your team come October...and you instead "punish" him until the trade deadline and try to make him sit (not sure that NHLPA wouldn't have take issue with that, but that's another point), you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Kid is young...and extremely talented. I see him getting a second chance in Nashville. (Heck, Yashin got a reprieve in Ottawa after tanking on his team for a year.)

And if I were Poile, moving him at this point in time would be the last option I'd want to consider. If he acts like - or is received by his teammates as - Rasputin in the lockeroom, then it's a different story. But I do not assume that will be the case. Those casually speaking about a trade as a given clearly do.

Just my opinion.

Trottier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 01:43 AM
  #148
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,736
vCash: 500
I really don't think it's going to take that much to get him. Sure there will be a market for him, but I can't see teams willing to offer more than a top prospect or a mid-level prospect and a high pick.

And then there's the matter of which teams would even be interested. I highly doubt GMs like Sutter or Murray would be interested, but GMs like Gillis or McPhee or the TB guys might be.

As an Oilers fan, I'd offer Schremp, Jacques and a 2nd rounder

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 01:45 AM
  #149
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
id give up 2 first round picks and maybe a body IF he would agree to sign a 3 year deal

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 11:00 AM
  #150
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,011
vCash: 500
prucha, sjostrom, conditional 2nd '10

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.