HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Radulov Talk here (value, offers, chances of return, etc...)

Old
09-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Chomsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermettefanatic View Post
I would offer Radulov two kicks in the crotch, anything more is mass overpayment.
**** so three kicks is overpayment? Damn!

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Kingler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
Not one person is underestimating his talent! We are saying he is untrustworthy of any significant deal because he will bolt back to Russia after his contract is up. He is just saying he will come back to prevent this arbitration case from going forward.
So if a trade happen at worst he will play 1 season in the NHL. So his value shouldn't be less than a playoff rental, which could be a lot...look at how much Forsberg got for Philly.

Also, IMO its not a forgone conclusion that he will be going back to Russia. He is on a rookie salary and, comparatively to his production, he is being paid below his value. However, he will get a chance to renegotiate his contract next year. Therefore, his NHL salary could very well jump 4 to 5 times. And if he gets a chance to move to a city he feels comfortable with then, IMO, there's a good chance he resigns long term. Its all a calculated risk I guess. But you are talking about a guy that is once considered untouchable so its not a bad risk to take.

And just want to add, Yashin was also "untrustworthy" of any significant deal, but it didn't stop the Isles from giving him that ridicules contract.

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 09:58 PM
alexovetjkin

Quote:
ol.. Malkin lives there too..
I believe at some point Malkin's parents had to move, they were harassed by the team fans. And Malkin at that time could quit at any time because of Russian law of employment at will... not anymore

alexovetjkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Flinch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Teams give up tons for rentals all the time. Essentially this is a year long rental as opposed to a trade deadline rental
Except, if Radulov is being traded it is because the Predators believe he'll have a negative impact on the team and that he needs to get him out there.

He'll be in a compromised bargaining position. It's not as though the Predators have a ton of offensive depth, either, which leads me to believe that hanging onto him would be in the Preds better interests, assuming that his presence won't screw up the dynamic of the locker room.

Basically, if Radulov is on the block, Nashville's GM (whose name I can never remember, apologies) is going to be dealing from a less than fair position.

Flinch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Another Delusional "Something For Nothing" Prefabricated Wet Dream Trade Scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post
His value must have hit the floor, so Rudolov for Prucha straight up?
Christmas is several months off.

Can someone please provide a REALITY CHECK to this thread?

Radulov is going nowhere. Poile is not dumb. And the melodrama of his return is just that - melodrama, created by those looking for an excuse to get a superb young talent in exchange for scraps.

Dream on.

Trottier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I think Washington hops on this and gets him. Radulov + Ovy could be a great combo. If not try Rads with Semin. I don't want my Rangers anywhere near Radulov though.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermettefanatic View Post
I would offer Radulov two kicks in the crotch, anything more is mass overpayment.

Love it

Old
09-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
Christmas is several months off.

Can someone please provide a REALITY CHECK to this thread?

Radulov is going nowhere. Poile is not dumb. And the melodrama of his return is just that - melodrama, created by those looking for an excuse to get a superb young talent in exchange for scraps.

Dream on.
If he takes him back he sure is dumb. Was he not just suspended by the Preds for the entire upcoming NHL season? Can you imagine the talk in the locker room? The only reason this should be good news for the Preds is that they will hopefully get something good for him instead of just losing him for nothin.

Old
09-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexovetjkin View Post
I believe at some point Malkin's parents had to move, they were harassed by the team fans. And Malkin at that time could quit at any time because of Russian law of employment at will... not anymore
Umm...no they didn't.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
If he takes him back he sure is dumb. Was he not just suspended by the Preds for the entire upcoming NHL season? Can you imagine the talk in the locker room? The only reason this should be good news for the Preds is that they will hopefully get something good for him instead of just losing him for nothin.
As I said, melodrama and wishful thinking on the part of non-Pred fans hoping to get something for nothing. Typically, players recognize that June-September, the NHL is strictly busine$$. If the guy produces on the ice, all is forgiven. And he does produce. (Contrast with a guy like, for example, Yashin. His contract shenanigans were not what rubbed teammates the wrong way - it was his unreliability, his inability to earn his $$$, that they detested.)

We'll see if I'm wrong about Radulov going nowhere. I doubt it.

Just two months ago, Malkin "had" to be traded according to the same Eklund Wannabes here, based on the Pens' horrrrrrific cap situation.

If taking on an erratic (immature) young talented personality was so horrible, Sather would have never traded for the Amazing Zherdev, NYC "Superstar" before his time. I'm not suggesting that their situations are similar, but you get the point.

And you got to tell your NYR brethren to put down the pipe. Prucha for Radulov! Pyatt and picks!

(PS - I was about to defend you on your own board regarding the asinine comment by an NYR fanboy comparing Radulov to Jagr. But I figured you can handle it on your own.)

Last edited by Trottier: 09-11-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old
09-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

For Radulov, I'd give a lot because I do believe that he'd re-sign in Montreal. Here it goes, bash away...

To Montreal:
Radulov
He played his junior hockey in the QMJHL and would love it with our Russian contengent
To Nashville:
Higgins (27 goals to replace Radulov's 26)
Halak
One of our top prospects on defense, a choice between Fischer, Korneev or Carle

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
I think Washington hops on this and gets him. Radulov + Ovy could be a great combo. If not try Rads with Semin. I don't want my Rangers anywhere near Radulov though.
Are you being serious?

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Are you being serious?
As cancer, which is what he is.

Old
09-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
As cancer, which is what he is.
Isn't it a bit early in his career to categorize him as such? Who would want to play hockey in Nashville?

Old
09-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
As I said, melodrama and wishful thinking on the part of non-Pred fans hoping to get something for nothing. Typically, players recognize that June-September, the NHL is strictly busine$$. If the guy produces on the ice, all is forgiven. And he does produce. (Contrast with a guy like, for example, Yashin. His contract shenanigans were not what rubbed teammates the wrong way - it was his unreliability, his inability to earn his $$$, that they detested.)

We'll see if I'm wrong about Radulov going nowhere. I doubt it.

Just two months ago, Malkin "had" to be traded according to the same Eklund Wannabes here, based on the Pens' horrrrrrific cap situation.

If taking on an erratic (immature) young talented personality was so horrible, Sather would have never traded for the Amazing Zherdev, NYC "Superstar" before his time. I'm not suggesting that their situations are similar, but you get the point.

And you got to tell your NYR brethren to put down the pipe. Prucha for Radulov! Pyatt and picks!

(PS - I was about to defend you on your own board regarding the asinine comment by an NYR fanboy comparing Radulov to Jagr. But I figured you can handle it on your own.)
So Trotts, your saying you don't think the team suspention will have no play in this? Suspended from the team for the season. If they didn't suspend him yet I can get some of what your saying, but the team seems to have already moved on without him in the plans. I hope KHL contract gets voided, Preds void his current NHL contract for breech, and they make him sit till the damn deadline till they trade him. If I was the Preds GM that is what I would do.

Old
09-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Isn't it a bit early in his career to categorize him as such? Who would want to play hockey in Nashville?
Whoever signed a 3 year contract stating they would do so.

Old
09-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Whoever signed a 3 year contract stating they would do so.
So in your opinion, are all players not honoring their contracts "cancers"?

Old
09-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
The price teams would be willing to pay wouldnt be worth trading him for. They may as well just keep him.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
That's why they traded two first rounders, a second rounder, a third rounder and a pair of prospects for Nagy and Norstrom two years ago, right?
Norstrom was not a rental...He retired a Dallas Star and played 2 great seasons for us. Nagy was expected to stay in Dallas before he showed he sucked something fierce. Lets try not to comment on things Dallas unless you actually know the facts. Was it overpayment on Dallas' part? Sure it was! Overpayment happens all the time in the NHL. Those 2 players were brought in to be a mainstay in Dallas and well Norstrom is the only one who worked out. Plus those deals were done in the Doug Armstrong era which is finally gone...I can tell you that you will not see JackHull moving 1st round picks or legit prospects for old D and unproven/streaky wingers.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Radek27

Quote:
So in your opinion, are all players not honoring their contracts "cancers"?
When they do it twice, to two different teams............yeah.

I also didn't realize this was such a popular thing in the NHL that we have to say all players. Not many players do it and the ones that have before, on just hold out nevermind signing with another team, have most likely wished they didn't now. It just didn't help thier careers.

Old
09-11-2008, 11:26 PM
FaceOfTheFranchise

Quote:
Who would want to play hockey in Nashville?
Yeah who would EVER want to play in Nashville? I guess the Preds just forced all of their core players (Dumont, Suter, Weber, Legwand, etc.) to sign longterm deals. MUST be a horrible place to play

FaceOfTheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
So Trotts, your saying you don't think the team suspention will have no play in this? Suspended from the team for the season. If they didn't suspend him yet I can get some of what your saying, but the team seems to have already moved on without him in the plans. I hope KHL contract gets voided, Preds void his current NHL contract for breech, and they make him sit till the damn deadline till they trade him. If I was the Preds GM that is what I would do.
Look I'm not suggesting for a moment that Radulov played his cards correctly.

Nor do I suggest that there "may not" be some animosity within the organization; that would be naive.

But I do not think you automatically get from where we were pre-June to "Radulov MUST be moved!", not by any stretch. That would be a rash decision. And I do not claim to understand the technicalities of his suspension, however, if you are Nashville and you can have Radulov playing for your team come October...and you instead "punish" him until the trade deadline and try to make him sit (not sure that NHLPA wouldn't have take issue with that, but that's another point), you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Kid is young...and extremely talented. I see him getting a second chance in Nashville. (Heck, Yashin got a reprieve in Ottawa after tanking on his team for a year.)

And if I were Poile, moving him at this point in time would be the last option I'd want to consider. If he acts like - or is received by his teammates as - Rasputin in the lockeroom, then it's a different story. But I do not assume that will be the case. Those casually speaking about a trade as a given clearly do.

Just my opinion.

Old
09-12-2008, 01:43 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I really don't think it's going to take that much to get him. Sure there will be a market for him, but I can't see teams willing to offer more than a top prospect or a mid-level prospect and a high pick.

And then there's the matter of which teams would even be interested. I highly doubt GMs like Sutter or Murray would be interested, but GMs like Gillis or McPhee or the TB guys might be.

As an Oilers fan, I'd offer Schremp, Jacques and a 2nd rounder

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 01:45 AM
Artyukhin*

id give up 2 first round picks and maybe a body IF he would agree to sign a 3 year deal

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 11:00 AM
NYR Viper

prucha, sjostrom, conditional 2nd '10

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote