HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

tor-bos

Old
10-11-2008, 09:28 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan99ss View Post
I was thinking again that kaberle would fit right in on boston. and i thought i would try to make it as simple as possible.

Despite having wideman they really need a premiere puckmover to play along side of chara. If chara protected kaberle im sure his efficiency would go through the roof. Wideman is a GOOD player, this is not a doubting him proposal.

Tor-
Kaberle 4.25,

Bos-
Kessel - 2.2m/1yr
Schaefer*sp* 2.1m/2yr
1st rounder '09 top5 protected.
4.3million

Yes. Schaefer is on waivers. But as every schnieder post had included there are reasons for taking a player who was on waivers. Namely the ability to move them at the deadline for some gain. Schaefer would get playing time in toronto. probobly 2nd line and 2nd line PP. but he would get playing time and if he did well may recoup something extra at the deadline. and also toronto would have no problem paying him to play in the minors or half his salary on recall.

Phil Kessel is the obvious target here. Everyone knows him. and what he brings to the table for toronto.

The top5 protected first rounder is there as value for toronto and is partially the reason they pull the trade. Toronto doesnt care about the protection its about extra assets and I just felt that a pure 09 first on a team that may flouder badly *although i think they make the playoffs* was a little much value.

The money works out beutifully and toronto would be glad to take any 1year contracts you need gone in exchange for picks.
Top 5 protected?? You kidding? No way Boston is going to suck that bad this year. Boston's blueline isn't THAT bad.

It would be a funny trade, though... because I'm not sold on Kessel and it would be funny to watch the Yank go to Toronto and then stink things up there.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reydin View Post
For Boston to trade Kessel at this point is insane. Kaberle has a NTC which would make it
pretty hard to trade him (he will say no) however if the Leafs miss the playoffs (good possibility) The NTC will be null for a period of time this summer and will kick in again next year. Trading a 4M 50-60 point all star dman will be crazy once the salary cap goes down next year. Canadian $ is currently 0.85 hit 0.82 this morning and will likely keep coming down. Hopefully Cdn teams had the foresight to hedge the next few years salaries
when the loonie was above par.
I don't think it will keep dropping but thats another topic for another board.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote