HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Jaromir Jagr vs. Phil Esposito

View Poll Results: Esposito or Jagr?
Phil Esposito 23 35.94%
Jaromir Jagr 41 64.06%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Doctor No
Retired

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goliath5151 View Post
Atleast half my assists in nhl09 BAP are just people scoring off my rebounds
We're going to include video games as evidence now?

Doctor No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 09:59 AM
NJD8

Got to be Esposito. How can you not vote for a guy who had the body fat of an average housewife? (His exact words, not mine.)

NJD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 11:37 AM
krauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD8 View Post
Got to be Esposito. How can you not vote for a guy who had the body fat of an average housewife? (His exact words, not mine.)
I hope that you all have had the opportunity to read his book, it is really good. And for those of you who think he lacked skill, the funniest anecdote IMO is from someone who said that the single greatest end-to-end rush they ever witnessed was one by Espo (I think when he was in the minors). When asked why they said "because he had to beat everyone on the other team twice".

krauts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 03:19 PM
NJD8

Quote:
Originally Posted by krauts View Post
I hope that you all have had the opportunity to read his book, it is really good. And for those of you who think he lacked skill, the funniest anecdote IMO is from someone who said that the single greatest end-to-end rush they ever witnessed was one by Espo (I think when he was in the minors). When asked why they said "because he had to beat everyone on the other team twice".
Had the chance to interview him at a celebrity golf tournament last year. Sat there listening to his stories for a few hours before they dragged him away from our table. My wife, who is a die-hard Red Wings fan, now has 8 Yzerman jerseys and one Esposito jersey in her closet.

NJD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD8 View Post
Had the chance to interview him at a celebrity golf tournament last year. Sat there listening to his stories for a few hours before they dragged him away from our table. My wife, who is a die-hard Red Wings fan, now has 8 Yzerman jerseys and one Esposito jersey in her closet.
Once heard Ranger's broadcaster Sam Rosen say Espo was the easiest interview in sports. Just ask one question and then cut him off when time was up.

Dennis Bonvie is offline   Reply With Quote