HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Home Opener; G3 - 10.10.08 | 7:00 PM | MSG(HD) - Chicago Blackhawks @ NY Rangers

Old
10-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Celestial Black

vCash: 500
Damn good game. Now we have to keep it up for tomorrow.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
3 points in 3 games. He's tied for second on our team in scoring. and Dubi is first in the league.
Fixed.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 12:02 AM
NYReign

Forgot to put this in my other post, but I agree with most of you that Fritsche should get in the lineup for Dawesie tomorrow night. If Rissmiller can win faceoffs, he might be a good addition too (I saw that Korp and Betts were combined 5 of 36 on faceoffs) though I have no idea who to sit so he can play (it'd have to be Sjostrom or Korp and it wouldn't be Korpikoski). I'd work Dawes back in on Monday since he seems to have success against Marty but if he still looks clueless it might be beneficial to give him a conditioning stint in the AHL where he has a history of dominating so he can get his confidence back. He can (and should) still be a big part of this team, just got to get him on the right track (and yes, I have more confidence in him getting his game back than Prucha for no apparent reason).

edit: Khelvan, that is damn good to see. We better get him locked up because he's going to continue to make a great name for himself. Way to go Dubie

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 12:08 AM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

alright im ready..wheres the next GDT???

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 12:09 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

For tomorrow I'd scratch Dawes and put Fritsche. Other than that, no changes unless Rissmiller for Sjostrom

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 12:40 AM
HenrikO'doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Love how people bashed Voros on that line and they gelled !

Also it gives the 3rd line some more balance scoring with Dawes, Korps, Cally.............

liking what I see now get Fritsche in for Orr tommorow
The last time we didnt dress Orr against the Flyers we were ***** and were lucky we didnt lose Jagr for the year. Having Orr in the pressbox would be suicide, I dont get peoples hatred for him, nevermind why we would want him scratched against the Flyers.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 12:44 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
1 Last thing , any1 sat anywhere 314 or in 314 , i bet you hated that ****** that chanted LETS GO 314 , just as much as i did huh?

freakin loud baboon ~_~

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 12:56 AM
Kind of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Tip of the hat to Renney for putting Voros on that line.
+1. Well done Tom.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Dude... even ORR is looking good. What... the... hell...?
I've been saying this and getting laughed at but the improvement is pretty remarkable on it's merits.

What kind of training do they have this guy doing I wonder?

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 01:21 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Great atmosphere tonight. This team is so exciting. I'm not going to get too excited early on, but this was a good end-to-end game. This team has a ton of speed and they work their ***** off. The Hawks are an exciting young team too and Pat Kane is just going to be an amazing player very soon, but this year's Rangers team is looking great early on.

And there is no doubt that Brandon Dubinsky will be my next jersey appearance. Maybe the future face of the team.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 01:24 AM
Captain Monglobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I've been saying this and getting laughed at but the improvement is pretty remarkable on it's merits.

What kind of training do they have this guy doing I wonder?
Word. People really need to stop saying that Colton Orr is a skating pair of fists.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 01:44 AM
gabevh3

Send a message via AIM to gabevh3 Send a message via Yahoo to gabevh3
to think we couldve had havlat for next to nothing at 1 point ? what did hawks give up for him again ?

gabevh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 02:17 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWayBShirt View Post
Also, on a sidenote I hope Girardi gets smarter with his aggressiveness on offense because he left Kalinin alone 1 or 2 too many times to deal with odd-man breaks.
Yeah, he have run around all season early. Didn't get called out for it, but he was even worse when he played next to Redden early in preseason...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 02:20 AM
Ola

Our 3rd line is getting some complaints, but as a 3rd line playing around 12 minutes per night, which is pretty little -- they can't be expected to constantly provide offense. They have played 0-0 in 3 games, scored none and given up none. More importantly they wins allot of momentum for us.

The goals will come for that line, but as long as they play zero zero and wins momentum I am happy.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 03:23 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Fritsche in for Dawes tomorrow. Do it Tom...

What a game!

LETS GO!!!

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 05:22 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Good game, except Naslund didn't look so good. Slow, and weak on the puck.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 05:41 AM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabevh3 View Post
to think we couldve had havlat for next to nothing at 1 point ? what did hawks give up for him again ?
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/stor...lat-trade.html

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 06:17 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
People are giving Dawes not enough time. It's been 3 games! He hasn't found chemistry yet. This was his first game with Korpedo and Cally. Give it time. relax.

It's not just 3 games, it's a non-descript performance in the pre-season. It's looking out of sorts in the Renney system, when the rest of the team is jacked up to go. Fritsche is a better fit for how this team is playing right now. He's a better skater than either Dawes or Prucha, and he's bigger. Put him on RW, move Cally to LW, since Cally has a tendency to freelance, and watch the 3rd line play more like the way its meant to play.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 07:09 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

And nobody yelled "Shoot!!"

I have to say, this game we looked like the type of team I have been hoping for since around November of last year.

I wanted us to get away from the "Jagr style" of play because it had gone stale. I wanted us to get a big nasty forward who would go to the net.

Voila.

We are a team that is a lot more fun to watch, and I think we have great potential to go long in the playoffs. It's very early, but I'm liking what I'm seeing a whole lot.

I wouldn't tinker with things too much. Shanny with some 4th line minutes? That's a maybe.

Let's go Rangers! Make it 4-0

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 08:01 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Frankly, I think he already has...Fritsche should get a shot on that line...in fact, put him on RW, and move Cally to LW...Cally seems to roam more, while Fritsche seems to fly up and down the RW.
AT this point, if Sjostrom can get into a game, so too can Fritsche. I am stunned how little Dawes has shown so far. It is early, but still.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Celestial Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
AT this point, if Sjostrom can get into a game, so too can Fritsche. I am stunned how little Dawes has shown so far. It is early, but still.
Since not being on Dru's wing, he has been ghostly.

Old
10-11-2008, 08:20 AM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0rac3 View Post
Since not being on Dru's wing, he has been ghostly.
True. There are a lot of people that said he starts seasons slow, but is that really an excuse when everyone else is out there skating, even Orr (which I am impressed by compared to last season). Given what Fritsche/Prucha showed in the Preseason and their overall work-ethic, I can't see why Dawes is playing over them at the moment (yes he was pretty good last season, but maybe that was due to who was centering him). He may take some time to get going, but noone else. is.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 08:26 AM
Blueshirt Fanatic*

That was a great game! The place was rocking, and the team, for the most part played great. I also had a C put on my Drury Jersey at the team store. Great start to the season Boys, 3-0!

Blueshirt Fanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:08 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I don't think he fits what the Rangers are doing. He played his best last year with Gomez. That option's not currently available. And, Dawes is not important enough a player to re-arrange the lineup just to possibly maximize his potential scoring ability, especially when a player like Fritsche, who is tailor-made to play in the system, is available to slot in at a moment's notice. Besides, I think Anisimov wins the 3rd line center spot next year, and pushes Korpikoski to his more natural spot at LW. And, let's not forget the looming specter of Cherepanov coming over next year. I'm not sure where exactly Dawes fits in...either in the short or long term. Maximize asset value!!!

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Celestial Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
True. There are a lot of people that said he starts seasons slow, but is that really an excuse when everyone else is out there skating, even Orr (which I am impressed by compared to last season). Given what Fritsche/Prucha showed in the Preseason and their overall work-ethic, I can't see why Dawes is playing over them at the moment (yes he was pretty good last season, but maybe that was due to who was centering him). He may take some time to get going, but noone else. is.
I just hope Pru didn't jinx him in hopes to get a spot back.