HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Aaron Voros

Old
09-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
All this talk about Voros...ppfffttt

I still say Dane Byers is better. I havent seen anything...ANYTHING from Voros that makes me see him as an upgrade over Byers who goes so severely under the radar its not even funny. Byers hits harder, Byers also goes right to the net, Byers has FAR better balance, Byers has better hands, Byers plays the boards just as well, Byers is younger, Byers likely fights better as well (Though its hard to say since hes never fought anyone at this level, but considering Voros is a punching bag out there, im sure he cant be that much worse)

Seriously, what's with you guys gushing over the guy the way you are? what is so special? what has he done that has made you see something i am not? i dunno, maybe its that many of you have never seen dane byers play more than once or twice. but i havent seen anything from voros that makes me believe hes a better choice on the 4th line than Byers.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 09:13 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Byers ain't ready to save his life. Voros is a better option. Byers don't know what the hell to do out there it seems. Although Voros has a lot of willingness, I concur with the fact that there isn't anything special about him. Voros made a great pass tonight that led to a goal tonight, though.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 09:16 PM
polako

I'm very, very unimpressed by Byers. He wasn't ready last year when he filled in, and he certainly isn't ready this year.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I like both players a lot. Can Voros play any other position than LW?

Byers can go down without clearing waivers too. And if Byers doesn't make the team out of camp there is nothing wrong with him being one of the first call ups. This team could def use his grit and size.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Byers sucks. Voros goes to the net so much better and generates so much more Stuff to happen. I was not impressed with Byers at all. He had a hit from behind.....Do you really want another Hollweg? and like Marc Staal said Byers doesnt know what the hell is going on, He's a career Minor Leaguer if he can't get his stuff straightened out.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Smashley

All this talk about Voros....*silent fart*?!

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Staal View Post
Byers ain't ready to save his life. Voros is a better option. Byers don't know what the hell to do out there it seems. Although Voros has a lot of willingness, I concur with the fact that there isn't anything special about him. Voros made a great pass tonight that led to a goal tonight, though.

Byers played a bit over 6 minutes in the first game, Voros played twice that.

i could be wrong here but i also remember Voros playing with Dubi and Cally, while Byers played with Orr and Betts. Its easy to look misleadingly good out there when you are playing with the guy who was easily the best player on the ice for either team.

I dont thing Byers is getting a fair shake out there, and i think Voros is vastly overrated. some people are talking about putting him on the top 2 lines, or possibly as a 3rd. i cant freaking believe that.

the guy is a 4th liner AT BEST, he doesnt do anything special except for what you are supposed to do as a big guy.

maybe its because we havent had many big guys who go to the net since gravy left, but nothing voros is doing out there is particularly special.

Old
09-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Byers played a bit over 6 minutes in the first game, Voros played twice that.

i could be wrong here but i also remember Voros playing with Dubi and Cally, while Byers played with Orr and Betts. Its easy to look misleadingly good out there when you are playing with the guy who was easily the best player on the ice for either team.

I dont thing Byers is getting a fair shake out there, and i think Voros is vastly overrated. some people are talking about putting him on the top 2 lines, or possibly as a 3rd. i cant freaking believe that.

the guy is a 4th liner AT BEST, he doesnt do anything special except for what you are supposed to do as a big guy.

maybe its because we havent had many big guys who go to the net since gravy left, but nothing voros is doing out there is particularly special.
Your really underrating Voros and Overrating Byers. Voros is a proven NHL'er while Byers hasnt done jack **** in this level of play. Voros is also very good on the PP by being in front of the net, Something we havent had in years.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Your really underrating Voros and Overrating Byers. Voros is a proven NHL'er while Byers hasnt done jack **** in this level of play. Voros is also very good on the PP by being in front of the net, Something we havent had in years.
A proven nhler? LOL youre kidding me right? The 27 year old has a grand total of 55 games under his belt. Thats a proven NHLer? to me thats a tweener who finally found a team that lacked just enough depth to bring him up. He scored 14 points last year, occasionally playing with Gaborik on the first line.

his ahl career of 223 games netted him 91 points and 629 penalty minutes...

Byers so far? 151 games, 93 points and 397 penalty minutes

extrapolate to the same time frame and you have 137 goals, 586 penalty minutes.

and oh yeah, hes 22 years old, 5 years younger than Voros.

Doesnt know what hes doing out there? what does that even mean? clearly he knows how to play a physical game, as seen by his penalty minutes, clearly he has FAR superior offensive skills to Voros, as seen by his offensive totals in the A, the only thing he is lacking is a real shot. Id be willing to wager anything that if Byers was given the same chance as Voros, hed be far more impressive out there.

Old
09-22-2008, 09:29 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
I still say Dane Byers is better. I havent seen anything...ANYTHING from Voros that makes me see him as an upgrade over Byers who goes so severely under the radar its not even funny. Byers hits harder, Byers also goes right to the net, Byers has FAR better balance, Byers has better hands, Byers plays the boards just as well, Byers is younger, Byers likely fights better as well (Though its hard to say since hes never fought anyone at this level, but considering Voros is a punching bag out there, im sure he cant be that much worse)

Seriously, what's with you guys gushing over the guy the way you are? what is so special? what has he done that has made you see something i am not? i dunno, maybe its that many of you have never seen dane byers play more than once or twice. but i havent seen anything from voros that makes me believe hes a better choice on the 4th line than Byers.
You contradict yourself when you blame people opinions on Byers on the fact that they have only seen limited play from him, yet at the same time, how much can you truly say you've seen of Voros?

Byers is only 22. We're better off having a matured Voros on the 4th line than Byers wasting development time. Regardless of whether Byers or Voros is better, this team is built more-so for the long term than the short term. Long term Byers is better spending time getting minutes in the AHL.

Now, I still think Voros is better. Byers shows flashes of his capabilities but he has yet to harness the ability to consistently do it. Voros knows well better how to play in front of the net than Byers currently does right now. While I would hardly say Byers was horrible in his 1 game last year, as he didn't screw anything up and did do decently well in the corners, he also didn't look like he belonged on the ice over the course of any length of the season. While he very well could be a more prepared player this year, I'd rather him earn a chance with the Rangers by his development in the AHL than just throw him on the team based solely on his potential. In 2 years Byers could very well be the sole reason Voros is playing elsewhere, but at this moment Voros is clearly the better option.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
You contradict yourself when you blame people opinions on Byers on the fact that they have only seen limited play from him, yet at the same time, how much can you truly say you've seen of Voros?

Byers is only 22. We're better off having a matured Voros on the 4th line than Byers wasting development time. Regardless of whether Byers or Voros is better, this team is built more-so for the long term than the short term. Long term Byers is better spending time getting minutes in the AHL.

Now, I still think Voros is better. Byers shows flashes of his capabilities but he has yet to harness the ability to consistently do it. Voros knows well better how to play in front of the net than Byers currently does right now. While I would hardly say Byers was horrible in his 1 game last year, as he didn't screw anything up and did do decently well in the corners, he also didn't look like he belonged on the ice over the course of any length of the season. While he very well could be a more prepared player this year, I'd rather him earn a chance with the Rangers by his development in the AHL than just throw him on the team based solely on his potential. In 2 years Byers could very well be the sole reason Voros is playing elsewhere, but at this moment Voros is clearly the better option.
that is a fair point, ive only seen him the 2 times, and whatever i could dig up in terms of video, so i will agree with you there. i just dont see what all the gushing is about. i havent been all that impressed with him out there, except impressed at how poor a guys balance can be when he constantly goes to the front of the net.

Old
09-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Radek27

Quote:
that is a fair point, ive only seen him the 2 times, and whatever i could dig up in terms of video, so i will agree with you there. i just dont see what all the gushing is about. i havent been all that impressed with him out there, except impressed at how poor a guys balance can be when he constantly goes to the front of the net.
Inferno, Voros seems like a good character player, a good locker room guy. Hollweg was that for sure when he was here. I think you have to say he has been better than Ryan to this point. Byers will get his shot but not yet........Korp is ahead of him too. Man the competition for spots this season is just unreal. I see the battles for spots starting to shape up already this early. We didn't even get to see a lot of players yet! Renney is going to have a nervous breakdown making these choices.

Old
09-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Jim Ramsay

In my opinion it at least seemed like Voros at least has come capacity to get towards the front of the net and I have seen him at least take a couple shots. I haven't seen much out of Byers besides a few solid hits...I'm not hating on the guy but I think Voros has definitely been better

Jim Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 09:45 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Byers sucks. Voros goes to the net so much better and generates so much more Stuff to happen. I was not impressed with Byers at all. He had a hit from behind.....Do you really want another Hollweg? and like Marc Staal said Byers doesnt know what the hell is going on, He's a career Minor Leaguer if he can't get his stuff straightened out.

+1.. i'm saying a lot less these days cuz i'm agreeing more.

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Levitate

I think Voros is being overrated around here (the only thing resembling offense he's shown so far was that nice touch pass to Nedved), but I don't see how you can objectively say Byers is better at all these things when Byers has only seen one NHL level game and was pretty unnoticeable.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha15 View Post
In my opinion it at least seemed like Voros at least has come capacity to get towards the front of the net and I have seen him at least take a couple shots. I haven't seen much out of Byers besides a few solid hits...I'm not hating on the guy but I think Voros has definitely been better
again, the time on the ice certainly is a factor, as is the linemates. furthermore byers looked really good in last years preseason (just going off of what i recall).

i dunno, maybe its just me, but i havent seen anything to just blow me away like some of you guys are acting.

Old
09-22-2008, 09:46 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
I havent seen anything...ANYTHING from Voros that makes me see him as an upgrade over Byers
You missed the lead pass to Nedved that assisted on the first goal?

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I think Voros is being overrated around here (the only thing resembling offense he's shown so far was that nice touch pass to Nedved), but I don't see how you can objectively say Byers is better at all these things when Byers has only seen one NHL level game and was pretty unnoticeable.
he played a few preseason games last year and was more impressive (to me) than voros is this season. ive also seen him play in hartford about a dozen or so times, not nearly as much as squishy, who i am sure will either call me a moron or a genius for this topic (moronic genius?), so im sure she can clarify it.

either way, all i want to say is, i think dane byers needs to be given the same shot, and lets see how he does. maybe im dead wrong, but i think the kid at least warrants a look see.

Old
09-22-2008, 09:48 PM
blue2noise

Do you even watch the games, Inferno? It seems like you just try and formulate the opposite opinion of everyone else to make it seem like you know more that everyone else to justify that blog of yours. Voros has stood out in both preseason games so far.

You don't think Renney is a good coach either when he is the best thing to happen to the Rangers since (and including) Keenan so why one earth should I read your blog?

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwab View Post
You missed the lead pass to Nedved that assisted on the first goal?
eh, ill grudgingly acknowledge that pass, if you will grudgingly acknowledge he seems to spend as much time on his butt as he does on his skates.

Old
09-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Do you even watch the games, Inferno? It seems like you just try and formulate the opposite opinion of everyone else. Voros has stood out in both preseason games so far.
i dont buy into the mob mentality.

Old
Radek27

Quote:
he played a few preseason games last year and was more impressive (to me) than voros is this season. ive also seen him play in hartford about a dozen or so times, not nearly as much as squishy, who i am sure will either call me a moron or a genius for this topic (moronic genius?), so im sure she can clarify it.

either way, all i want to say is, i think dane byers needs to be given the same shot, and lets see how he does. maybe im dead wrong, but i think the kid at least warrants a look see.
There are more preseason games, almost every nite this week! I'm sure we will get to see Byers more.

Old
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
i dunno, maybe its just me, but i havent seen anything to just blow me away like some of you guys are acting.
That's just it though, players like Voros can't really blow you away necessarily, they just do their job and do it good... Pretty much hlundqvist took all the words out of my mouth, kudos to him..100% agree (even though we usually dont).

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
There are more preseason games, almost every nite this week! I'm sure we will get to see Byers more.
*highfive*

watch, the kid goes out there, gets smashed with hits, has 12 turnovers, misses a wide open net, and scores on his own team.

Its been that kind of a week for me.

Old
09-22-2008, 09:51 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
eh, ill grudgingly acknowledge that pass, if you will grudgingly acknowledge he seems to spend as much time on his butt as he does on his skates.
True, he did fall over once giving a hit to someone, while they were talking about his size. I was kinda surprized too.

IDK I would like to see if he can be an asset in front of the goalie with his big ass...

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote