HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs lose season opener in Buffalo 2-1 in the SO.

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2008, 07:18 AM
JTWymanFan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Everyone else on the team >Dandenault > Begin.

Fixed

Old
10-11-2008, 07:18 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Very.

He's got tons of spirit.

If he were 2 inches taller, he would have went first round.
Well so be fair to Sergei, he plays like he'd 6'4''

Old
10-11-2008, 07:26 AM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlyHockey View Post
Amen.

Me and my friends were like, how Koivu can be so slow like that when he used to be a speedster. Even if he lost gears after some injuries he was still quick (see 2005-06 or even 2006-07) Right now the tank is empty, he is slow, he always had a "below average shot arsenal" his wirst shot his fine but he don't have any slapshot. He isn't the playmaker he was too.
Yeah and his french is real bad too eh ? Get over 1 game will ya.

Old
10-11-2008, 07:28 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
Yeah and his french is real bad too eh ? Get over 1 game will ya.
Ever try to have a discussion with a religeous fanatic?

Well having a "discussion" with those who dislike Koivu is quite similar

Old
10-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
... I knew we should have kept Glumac up

Old
10-11-2008, 08:25 AM
rocketlives

Tough start for the Habs this year. Three road games against the Sabres, the Leafs and the Flyers. If we get three points out of those first three games, I'll be happy. I hope Carbo will keep Begin and Dandy in the stands for tonight's game. Lang should be the center of the first PP. He's a better powerplay center than Saku or Plek.

Old
10-11-2008, 08:26 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
Tough start for the Habs this year. Three road games against the Sabres, the Leafs and the Flyers. If we get three points out of those first three games, I'll be happy. I hope Carbo will keep Begin and Dandy in the stands for tonight's game. Lang should be the center of the first PP. He's a better powerplay center than Saku.
I think Begin will be in the stands...

IIRC, we only have Chipchura available, right?

Old
10-11-2008, 08:29 AM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Tough start for the Habs this year. Three road games against the Sabres, the Leafs and the Flyers. If we get three points out of those first three games, I'll be happy. I hope Carbo will keep Begin and Dandy in the stands for tonight's game. Lang should be the center of the first PP. He's a better powerplay center than Saku.
Holy (one game over reaction) Batman.

Old
10-11-2008, 08:29 AM
rocketlives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
I think Begin will be in the stands...

IIRC, we only have Chipchura available, right?
Then, bring up Pacioretty.

Old
10-11-2008, 08:38 AM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Why would we do that when we have depth like Breezer and Dandy.

Old
10-11-2008, 08:44 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Thats not ery good asset management IMO

Old
10-11-2008, 08:50 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Yay I finally got to update Price's stats
Price is supposed to have less than 1.00 GAA, he played 65 minutes (include the 5 minutes overtime)

Old
10-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Price is supposed to have less than 1.00 GAA, he played 65 minutes (include the 5 minutes overtime)
Yup, it's 0.93 GAA.

Old
10-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Guys, it's ****ing hilarious how Bruins and Sens fans go on the Sabres PGT and congratulate them...I mean, wow...
This made my day.

Old
10-11-2008, 09:07 AM
ChickenHabsFan

Our d men looked a bit rusty Friday night...hope they fix it

Old
10-11-2008, 09:14 AM
habsdude

I'm just going to go out and say this. Brisebois should not be playing be playing hockey with this club, or any nhl team. He was absolutely horrendous tonight...

Old
10-11-2008, 09:22 AM
HomaridII

I am sure all of these things have been said already but here I go .. lol

1) I am not sure what Brisebois is doing in our lineup this year. I completely understood it last year. He was cheap, serviceable, accepted his role and you had noone ready amongst our prospects to take over the spot. This year Webber showed you he is ready and if someone is going to be making mistakes, it should be Webber because of what he can bring to the lineup.

2) Begin - I love the guy, full of energy, throws his body around, would sacrifice anything for the team, but please please stop playing the guy. He constantly takes penalties at exactly the wrong times and we can't have that, period. With Chipchura sitting and Kostopoulus bringing the same thing Begin does minus the penalties .. he should be a spectator.

3) Latendresse. I thought he was faster that last year and actually was able to get there to throw a few hits. I am not a big fan of his but I thought he played well last night.

4) Tanguay is a great passer and given time to adjust to the new time, Higgins might be able to score 35-40 goals on that line. He looked completely lost the first 2 periods, a little bit better in the third.

5) Lang was a pleasant surprise and not just because of the goal. I thought he was our best forward on the ice last night and I was surprise at how many times he turned the puck over or put heavy pressure on the forecheck. For a guy who is supposed to be lazy he was pretty involved in the play.

6) The ice was HORRIBLE and our team thrives on speed, great passing and pressure and you need good ice for that. Great job Buffalo.

Old
10-11-2008, 09:23 AM
whismer

Personnally, Markov was not so good yesterday, especially in his own zone...

Gorges was VERY GOOD as usual, I love this kid!!

Please, remove Kosto from Lang line!

Old
10-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 1200
It was a good game even if both teams clearly have things to work on. I liked Gorges and Kostopoulos they played very well in their limited roles. The panaltys were a bit confusing tho i guess the refs are still in pre-season mode... like some of our guys...

Old
10-11-2008, 09:33 AM
brettly78

I'm not a Habs fan by any stretch...but I would throw a Kovalev jersey on if it meant beating the Leafs tonight.

GO HABS GO (this time, and this time only...)

Old
10-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

I agree, Markov wasn't at his best yesterday. Actually, our only D-man who didn't seem rusty yesterday was Hamrlik...great game defensively by the Hammer.

Offensively, gotta agree with most people and say that I was impressed by Lang. If he keeps up this level of play, plan B will seem more like plan A- :p

Never thought I would hear (or read, rather) myself say this: I can't wait until Bouillon gets back to the lineup (for obvious reasons).

Not sure if Tanguay/Koivu will ever be a good duo...both need to play with natural scorers. I know everybody loves the KPK line, but Kostitsyn barely got any touches last night...we need to Free Kostitsyn. This guy is ready to break out and carry a line (ideally as a RW).

To me, Tanguay/Plekanec/Kovalev and Higgins/Koivu/A.Kostitsyn makes so much more sense...Tanguay plays his natural wing and has two good scorers to play with...A.Kost plays his natural wing, and Koivu has two good scorers to play with...

Old
10-11-2008, 09:36 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettly78 View Post
I'm not a Habs fan by any stretch...but I would throw a Kovalev jersey on if it meant beating the Leafs tonight.

GO HABS GO (this time, and this time only...)
Once you utter those words, there's no turning back

Old
10-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Man, when's Laraque ready to play? I wouldn't mind seeing him beat down some Leafs

Old
10-11-2008, 09:49 AM
x-bob

What I noticed for last nights game was that the Habs played as if they were still in preseason. They were trying flashy plays and dangerous passes in the neutral zone. It something that will be adressed as the games go on which means that we should't worry about it. I also find that we were very flashy in the offensive zone but we have to shoot more. It's only the first game but we allready saw glimpses of Tanguay and Koivu passing to often. Maybe that will change once Higgins comes back though.

Markov, Lang and Price played great while Begin, Tanguay and Brisebois where awfull. O'Byrne still has alot to learn and think that it will be a hard start to the season for him. Hopefully it only takes a bit of time for our team to find it's timing.

Old
10-11-2008, 09:51 AM
PacMan

As a lot have already mentioned, Lang and Price looked really good last night. I also thought Hammer and O'Bryne played pretty well.

The rest of the team definitely looked rusty, but the bad ice I think was a big part in preventing the Habs from using their play making strengths.

As for the OTL, disappointing, but I'll take it. Division rivals are never easy to play, especially on the road. We see parity among division rivals across every sport, no matter where they are in the standings, or in this case where they're projected to finish. As much as I'd love it,we won't beat Toronto 6-0 every time we play them (Although Boston was an exception last year),just because we play them so often.

So let's keep our heads up,and take care of the Leafs tonight! Our boys will be better.

Closed Thread