HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto Philly trade proposal

Old
10-11-2008, 01:37 AM
glucker

vCash: 500
Toronto Philly trade proposal

Alright, this was negotiated between me and a Philly fan, lets see what people think:

Giroux + Hartnell for Kaberle

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Done from Philly POV imo. Idk about a Leaf POV though, i think they'd rather have a 1st than Hartnell.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 01:41 AM
ELab2

that's very solid value wise, maybe I would do it, not sure

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 01:44 AM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Done from Philly POV imo. Idk about a Leaf POV though, i think they'd rather have a 1st than Hartnell.
well, Hartnell's salary is a near match for Kaberle's, and he's a prototypical Wilson player

Old
10-11-2008, 01:46 AM
vcx*

That looks like a deal Fletcher would make, which means B R U T A L.

If i'm a leafs fan i'd want someone else for Kaberle and let's be honest here, Kaberle is underrated as a powerplay qb, he's also a solid positional defenseman and a quiet leader. You best be asking for some stud players that Philly has a lot of right now.

Personally, i still like Gagne and if the leafs could dump Blake with Kaberle to Philly for Gagne and some prospects that Philly can part with that aren't crap, i'd do that. Then again, i don't really know much about the needs and wants both teams have. I do know Toronto could use some solid offense and Philly is hurting with injuries on defense. So basically Gagne + Upshall + 5th for Kaberle + Blake + 6th maybe...swing and a miss i'm guessin'.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 01:55 AM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
That looks like a deal Fletcher would make, which means B R U T A L.

If i'm a leafs fan i'd want someone else for Kaberle and let's be honest here, Kaberle is underrated as a powerplay qb, he's also a solid positional defenseman and a quiet leader. You best be asking for some stud players that Philly has a lot of right now.

Personally, i still like Gagne and if the leafs could dump Blake with Kaberle to Philly for Gagne and some prospects that Philly can part with that aren't crap, i'd do that. Then again, i don't really know much about the needs and wants both teams have. I do know Toronto could use some solid offense and Philly is hurting with injuries on defense. So basically Gagne + Upshall + 5th for Kaberle + Blake + 6th maybe...swing and a miss i'm guessin'.
whoo, I'd do that trade in a second, but my thinking behind this trade is that Giroux will be a top line winger(something we could use) who doesn't mind getting his nose dirty, even if he's not overly physical, and Wilson could probably get him to cover his defensive spots nicely... and then there's Hartnell, who Wilson would love to have... although I the Leafs could probably get a bit more in there

Old
10-11-2008, 02:04 AM
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Personally, i still like Gagne and if the leafs could dump Blake with Kaberle to Philly for Gagne and some prospects that Philly can part with that aren't crap, i'd do that.

So basically Gagne + Upshall + 5th for Kaberle + Blake + 6th maybe...swing and a miss i'm guessin'.
Blake has such negative value that the likelyhood of ANY trade going down that includes Blake going and Gagne coming back is extremely unlikely. Not that Blake is terrible, but his cap hit and contract length are just brutal.

To land Gagne AND Upshall I would suspect Toronto would have to throw Kaberle + Blake + Stralman + 2nd - not something TML fans would approve of. Even then, Philly would probably prefer to keep their proven roster players instead of taking prospects and picks...

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 02:06 AM
ELab2

Quote:
I wouldn't take Blake and a 1st for a 5th. I HATE Jason Blake and never ever ever ever ever want to see him in my teams uniform

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 02:09 AM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
I wouldn't take Blake and a 1st for a 5th. I HATE Jason Blake and never ever ever ever ever want to see him in my teams uniform
that's definitely going overboard, Blake is very fast and his idiotic shots at least create lots of chances on the rebounds... how do you think he got all those assists?

Put him on a line with a powerforward, have the powerforward sitting infront of the net, and you'll see a lot of dirrrrrttttyyyy goals

Old
10-11-2008, 02:25 AM
vcx*

On his supposed off year, Blake was still a 50pt player, it's not totally out of left field that if put on a team like the flyers, he could do better.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
Where do I sign?

Quote:
Blake is very fast and his idiotic shots at least create lots of chances on the rebounds...
Put him on a line with a powerforward, have the powerforward sitting infront of the net, and you'll see a lot of dirrrrrttttyyyy goals
Please keep Blake. We do not want him, his contract or his dirrrrttttyyyy goals

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 07:50 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
the flyers aren't in a position to take on salary dumps like blake. he's not useless or worthless, but he's a deal breaker in this case.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 08:09 AM
Antropovsky

I wonder how long it'll be until People realize that Toronto has finished tearing down.

Kulemin/Grabovski/Stralman/Tlusty/Schenn are our wave of youth for this year. We don't necessarly need more. We have 10 players on our roster who are 25 or under, and only 5 over 30 (2 being goaltenders). Our rebuild is already in full effect.

Kaberle wont be moved unless we crash hard, which I wouldn't bet on.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 08:10 AM
AK

Quote:
Alright, this was negotiated between me and a Philly fan, lets see what people think:

Replace Hartnell with Lupul and Toronto does this.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 08:12 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
Replace Hartnell with Lupul and Toronto does this.
i highly doubt the flyers trade lupul so soon after resigning him. plus, not enough salary going back to toronto.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Flyersguru

I want no parts of Kaberle. He already said no to Philly once, thats not the kind of player I want on my team. He'd be a sour puss in the locker room because he was traded.

Flyersguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 08:17 AM
dubey
~manlets~

Hartnell + contract = do not want

I agree with the Pens poster that if Lupul was included it would be a better deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersguru View Post
I want no parts of Kaberle. He already said no to Philly once, thats not the kind of player I want on my team. He'd be a sour puss in the locker room because he was traded.
Heaven forbid feeling attached or having an allegiance to the team you've played with your entire career.

What a joke.

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 08:23 AM
BlueForever

The deal should start off with Carter and a 1st for Kaberle. But I can see this deal expanding.

So how about:

Carter, Upshall, Hartnell and 1st

for

Kaberle, Stajan, Ponikarovski and 4th

BlueForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 08:26 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueForever View Post
The deal should start off with Carter and a 1st for Kaberle. But I can see this deal expanding.

So how about:

for

You see the problem is we don't want Stajan or Ponikarovski. Upshall & Hartnell >>>>> Stajan & Ponikarovski and a 4th. If Kaberle refused to waive his NTC to come to Philadelphia he obviously doesn't want to be here and if a guy doesn't want to play for the Flyers, I don't want him on the Flyers.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 08:28 AM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:

So how about:

for

c'mon we can probably squeeze Mike Richards and Bernie Parent out of them too...

arrbez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 08:34 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersguru View Post
He didn't say no to Philly, he said no to everyone. Just because a guy gets traded doesn't mean he wouldn't play for them. I'm sure he'd like to play for a winning team at some point, whether it be the Leafs or someone else.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:

So how about:

for

No need to expand the deal. We would want Kaberle. That's it.

No offense, but Toronto isn't getting extra pieces for players we don't want or need.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Hartnell + contract = do not want

I agree with the Pens poster that if Lupul was included it would be a better deal.

Heaven forbid feeling attached or having an allegiance to the team you've played with your entire career.

What a joke.
Of course it would be better but you are not going to get Lupul and Giroux for Kabs. Giroux has 1st line potential and you know that.

I would offer this package (Hartnell and Giroux plus pick) for Jay-Bo and see what Florida has to say about that. If Flyers need to add a minor prospect or pick so be it.

Jay-Bo is Flyers type of player.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Acekicker123

Ouch, not sure I like this deal.

I'd rather have Giroux + 1st.

Acekicker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Kaktus*