HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Game #4 - 10.11.08 | 7:00 PM | MSG(HD) - NY Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers

Old
10-11-2008, 09:09 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
Damn, Devils and Penguins to OT, Devils won....

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:12 PM
danno2530

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersAM99 View Post
giants vs browns or rangers vs devils..... these is a problem....
Well, Giants/Browns won't start until 8:40, so the Rangers game will be over while that game is still in the 2nd quarter.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:16 PM
mucker*

Anybody go this one?

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:17 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Too close.

When you have a 4 goal lead, you do not play complacent.

Maybe it was because of back to back games. But on Monday they can't let up.

4-0 start is great. Keep it going guys!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:17 PM
RangersAM99

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
not really. If it were Giants-Cowboys or Giants-Eagles I'd understand but the Giants will steamroll over the Browns.
thats what i was saying but u never know eli could show up or not show up....

RangersAM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:18 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

You need to get Rismiller out of the starting line-up.

Markus Naslund continues to show me average to below average hockey out there, seems week & slow out there. He was much better in europe.

Dubinsky needs to watch out w/ the fighting.

Big Valley had a tremendous game, he saved that for us at the end w/out a doubt on my mind.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:19 PM
egelband

yahoo says rangers won 39 of 68 faceoffs...didn't look like that to me. rangers need a mactavish-type to win faceoffs when it counts.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:24 PM
rvdnsx

I'm sorry but Richards to me is not a great player and today proves it. Sure he hustles but that 2nd Flyers goal was bogus for a guy to run into a goaltender like that. He's a goon (plays for the Flyers so its a given) and he needs to be put in his place. I'm not afraid to admit that I would not be sorry one bit if someone like Hollweg (I know he's with the Leafs now) ran him face first into the boards in Philly and takes him out for a while. Sure Hollweg would be suspended but maybe it'll knock some sense into Richards who thinks he's an "elite" NHL player. Sorry but just had to vent after seeing this game and the way the Flyers play. And I know its early but the Flyers will not make the playoffs this year based on what I saw today.

rvdnsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

ill take the w.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:26 PM
John Torturella

Boy was the officiating scary bad in this game. Thank god we have a good PK. That non goalie interference call was ridiculous. The lack of a call completely changed the game.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:28 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvdnsx View Post
I'm sorry but Richards to me is not a great player and today proves it. Sure he hustles but that 2nd Flyers goal was bogus for a guy to run into a goaltender like that. He's a goon (plays for the Flyers so its a given) and he needs to be put in his place. I'm not afraid to admit that I would not be sorry one bit if someone like Hollweg (I know he's with the Leafs now) ran him face first into the boards in Philly and takes him out for a while. Sure Hollweg would be suspended but maybe it'll knock some sense into Richards who thinks he's an "elite" NHL player. Sorry but just had to vent after seeing this game and the way the Flyers play. And I know its early but the Flyers will not make the playoffs this year based on what I saw today.
Richards is a great player. Not elite, but great. He can flat out play hockey.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Felt like the old rangers there for the 2nd and 3rd

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:30 PM
gabevh3

Send a message via AIM to gabevh3 Send a message via Yahoo to gabevh3
i thought we were younger than 6th in the league no ?

gabevh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Aside from those two good chances by Drury, we had virtually zero offense after the 1st period. that was one of the most stressful wins ever, should have never let them scratch back into the game like that. Thank god Vally stood on his head and we got the W!

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:40 PM
eco's bones

I'll take it. We were hanging on in the end. Valiquette saved our bacon in the third but the Rangers pk with 2 men down did a great job. It may have been the best game I've seen Sjostrom play. He was excellent all night. Betts also had a strong game. Drury had some nice opportunities but seems to be our most snakebit at the moment. Zherdev has some serious talent. Sor far I really like the Dubinsky, Voros, Zherdev line. One of the things I worried about is having too many small players in our top six forwards. Not a problem with that line and they're all playing pretty well. That's the best fight Dubinsky had had so far. He more than held his own. Roszival also with his best game and Colton Orr gets a fight and an assist--he just needed a goal to have the Gordie Howe hat trick.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:45 PM
rvdnsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
Richards is a great player. Not elite, but great. He can flat out play hockey.
Stop defending him! I said I was venting, we all know what kind of player he is but its frustrating to see when players do this just like Briere running Vally today. Its not acceptable and to me the coach's tactics tell players its OK to do that. I don't see Renney telling Gomez or Drury to aim for the goalie's head. But this is the Flyer's and they have always been known to be football players on the ice. Football is the only game where overweight, fat, gang bangin hoodlums run into eachother with guns blazin' and call themselves "athletes", I see the Flyers in that same light.

rvdnsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:49 PM
HenriksBetter

It was un ugly win but i will take it. You could see the effects of playing on back to back more and more as the game went on. The Rangers were flying in the first, a step behind in the second and few steps behind in the third. Thankfully Vali had a strong game and came up big when i counted.

The second Flyers goal is what really got them going and it never should have counted. It was without a doubt interference by Richards. If the Flyers don't get that one i think it would have been a different game and def not as close.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Balej20*

Rangers fell apart in the 2nd and 3rd. I did not like to see that. But it doesn't help that the officials were desperately trying to give the Flyers the game. Absolutely brutal job by the guys in stripes tonight.

A side note...it was nice to see tough guy Richards shed his face shield to fight this time.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:55 PM
HenriksBetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
A side note...it was nice to see tough guy Richards shed his face shield to fight this time.
I thought Richards would tee off on Dubi. I was pleasantly surprised to see Dubi hold his own and i would venture to say take the W in that little altercation. Orr must have been showing him a few things this summer.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriksBetter View Post
I thought Richards would tee off on Dubi. I was pleasantly surprised to see Dubi hold his own and i would venture to say take the W in that little altercation. Orr must have been showing him a few things this summer.
Oh you don't have to venture to say it...he won that fight. Give Dubinsky another year and he'll be a very solid fighter capable of taking on any middle weight out there. He is such a special player.

Old
TheZherdev

cant wait to see where tsn power ranks us on monday.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Celestial Black

Hopefully Rissmiller will be out and this day to rest will keep us fresh for Mon.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Rangers fell apart in the 2nd and 3rd. I did not like to see that. But it doesn't help that the officials were desperately trying to give the Flyers the game. Absolutely brutal job by the guys in stripes tonight.

It's all about respect. He respects Dubinsky so he takes off the helmet, likewise for Dubinsky.

On a side note, anyone watching the Vancouver-Calgary game. Iginla is an absolute monster, Dubi seems to be growing into the leadership type of him(he won't be as skilled).

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
cant wait to see where tsn power ranks us on monday.
Atleast behind every Canadian team and than some...I don't put much stock into power rankings.

Old
10-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Black Tank

The Flyers are a good team so it's no surprise that they dominated the latter two periods being motivated by the embarrassment of Snider's piggy ploy and the boobirds serenading the team off the ice after the first. They got their sealegs under them and played hard in their home opener. The Rangers got a very good early test of character out of the way because they were hanging on but they got the 2 pts on the road.

A couple of things I didn't like:

-why is the puck bouncing off Naslund's stick like a well hit single??? This is back to back games in which he's had a hard time accepting passes in stride.

-Gomez, Drury and Naslund made way too many drop passes. With the dmen pinching hard under Renney's system that is simply a bad idea.

-Riismiller is just a warm body, nothing more. I'd rather have Dawes on the ice in the hopes that he'll get untracked.

Some really good things:

-Rosizval and Redden look MUCH better than they showed in the preseason and both Mara and Kalinin are exceeding my expectations.

-The Rangers set a nice physical tone; Cote is on the ice in the first few minutes for the Flyers home opener for only one reason. Orr figured that out, hit him and challenged him right away. Cote was inches away from getting fedoruked as Orr led off with the haymaker and Cote was a non-entity for the rest of the game. Same thing with Richards going for an easy target in his attempt to get the crowd into it and Dubinsky getting the win and ending that attempt by the Flyers to gain the physical edge.

All in all, a good night for the Rangers.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote