HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2008-09 - Kings Juniors (CHL) and College Prospects Update Thread

Old
03-03-2009, 11:48 PM
hangons

vCash: 500
Shut out for Martin Jones today... Click the link.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=412095

hangons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 05:44 PM
LombardiTool

Robbie Czarnik was voted the CCHA Rookie of the Week.

http://mgoblue.com/ice-hockey/article.aspx?id=168722

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:34 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by frolovfan View Post
Robbie Czarnik was voted the CCHA Rookie of the Week.

http://mgoblue.com/ice-hockey/article.aspx?id=168722
Thanks for the link.

I had noticed he wasn't doing much early on in the season but apparently, he's turned it up the past 11 games.

Good for him!

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 08:14 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Loktionov

What do you guys think is in store for him next season? Manchester or a 2nd season in Windsor

KopitarFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Kopi The King
bring it back home

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
What do you guys think is in store for him next season? Manchester or a 2nd season in Windsor
I say keep him in Windsor, let him keep building his confidence.

Kopi The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Manchester. Lombardi likes his guys to go pro sooner rather than later.

He's got another 3 goals and an assist today with 13 minutes still left in the game. That gives him 10 goals and 27 points in his last 12 games (and the 12th game isn't over yet).

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 08:35 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post

He's got another 3 goals and an assist today with 13 minutes still left in the game. That gives him 10 goals and 27 points in his last 12 games (and the 12th game isn't over yet).
Wow, Dude can flat out play

KopitarFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Not sure how much he has left to prove in the OHL. Might as well put him in Manchester under Monarchs/Kings coaching.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 01:38 AM
yankeeking

Tuebert first star and plus 2 friday night
hickey plus 1 in another loss

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:21 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Damn, Loktionov is just owning the OHL lately. Kid is going to be damn good!

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 03:39 AM
hans

Send a message via AIM to hans
Quote:
Can he even play in Manchester next year? I thought once a player joins the CHL, he's subject to their 20 year old rule. Loktionov's a '90 born.

hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Chruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans View Post
Can he even play in Manchester next year? I thought once a player joins the CHL, he's subject to their 20 year old rule. Loktionov's a '90 born.
Short answer: yes he can play in Manchester. Long answer: If you aren't drafted by a CHL team (ie came from another league ... like Russia) then the 20 yr old rule doesn't apply to you. You just have to satisfy the AHL's minimum age requirement which is 18 yrs old. I don't pretend to be a expert on this ... all this information can be found in the second post of this thread, along with the years each prospect can be called up to the AHL.

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chruceg View Post
Short answer: yes he can play in Manchester. Long answer: If you aren't drafted by a CHL team (ie came from another league ... like Russia) then the 20 yr old rule doesn't apply to you. You just have to satisfy the AHL's minimum age requirement which is 18 yrs old. I don't pretend to be a expert on this ... all this information can be found in the second post of this thread, along with the years each prospect can be called up to the AHL.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but once a European player gets sent to a CHL team, don't they become subject to the 20-year-old rule from that point on?

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaelWho View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but once a European player gets sent to a CHL team, don't they become subject to the 20-year-old rule from that point on?
Read the second post in this thread.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 08:25 PM
hans

Send a message via AIM to hans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Read the second post in this thread.
That's a fascinating rule, nice find. I would have thought that the import draft would count the same way as the regular CHL draft. The CHL must have been worried that a lot of 18 year old Europeans were going to skip juniors and go straight to the AHL. It's an interesting softening of their usually-rigid stance to player rights.

hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:30 PM
The Judge

Quote:

How would you describe his game right now?

What are his strengths? Shot? Speed? Stickhandling? Agility? Playmaking?

Curious to know.... thanks!

The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

With the Pats loss today, Regina was eliminated from the playoffs. Regina's last game is Saturday so expect Teubert to join Manchester shortly thereafter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
How would you describe his game right now?

What are his strengths? Shot? Speed? Stickhandling? Agility? Playmaking?

Curious to know.... thanks!
You'd be better off asking those on the prospect and OHL boards. I've only seen Loktionov play on a lagging webcast and haven't seen him in OHL play.

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 09:17 AM
The Judge

Quote:
With the Pats loss today, Regina was eliminated from the playoffs. Regina's last game is Saturday so expect Teubert to join Manchester shortly thereafter. You'd be better off asking those on the prospect and OHL boards. I've only seen Loktionov play on a lagging webcast and haven't seen him in OHL play.
Thanks for the info!

Much appreciated.

Old
03-12-2009, 09:47 AM
deano

Quote:

With King, Cameron, and Fillier graduating from junior this year, and Holloway looking for a spot, the team is going to be pretty rich with prospects next year. With the addition of Loktionov, there is going to be some good prospects sitting in the pressbox. It's gong to be interesting to see how Lombardi balances it all out.

deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 10:00 AM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano View Post
With King, Cameron, and Fillier graduating from junior this year, and Holloway looking for a spot, the team is going to be pretty rich with prospects next year. With the addition of Loktionov, there is going to be some good prospects sitting in the pressbox. It's gong to be interesting to see how Lombardi balances it all out.
Ontario is always an option. Would like to see more Kings prospects out here.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 10:27 AM
deano

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolovfan View Post
Ontario is always an option. Would like to see more Kings prospects out here.

Ontario is definitely an option. I'm sure that they will get a goalie, Fillier, and Dwight King or any other forward that needs a longer learning curve. I doubt they get any defenders though, unless Myers or Nolet sign an ELC.

deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 01:49 PM
The Judge

Quote:
You'd be better off asking those on the prospect and OHL boards. I've only seen Loktionov play on a lagging webcast and haven't seen him in OHL play.
I just did. Thanks for the suggestion. I would like to share the info that I got. Here you go guys:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cams View Post

Once he got settled in here in Windsor, and more used to the N. American game, he has been nothing short of amazing. Despite being on the small side, his speed is very good, agility is great, passing and stickhandling sometimes leave you in awe. He doesn't mind getting hit, but sometimes tries the blind drop pass too often. He has a very accurate shot, not the hardest, but can't complain at all. If he had played the entire season here, he could probably challenge for the scoring title. I would say he doesn't have really any glaring weaknesses. He was on a tear, with some crazy 15 game or so point streak, until he was held pointless on Sunday vs. London.

I am hoping the Kings send him back again next year if he doesn't make the big club, but is likely bound for the AHL.

You should look into purchasing a Spitfires game online and watch it that way. You can do this through www.ontariohockeyleague.com.

Old
03-15-2009, 02:10 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Got a question for the masses...

In case you all don't know, the NCAA post-season is now underway. A few more teams are going home for the season this weekend and it'll continue until the season wraps up next month in DC with the National Champions being crowned.

Earlier this evening (Saturday), one of the teams that was sent packing was St. Cloud State. They were swept by Minnesota. And since SCSU's PWR (Pairwise ranking) is too low to qualify for an at-large bid into the NCAA tourney, they're season is officially over.

So here's my question...

With Garrett Roe having had the year that he's had (and it was quite good I might add), do you all think that the Kings will try and sign him this offseason? Why or why not?

FYI, if Roe were to return to SCSU, he has two years of eligibility left.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Chruceg

Oiler's Chick,

If Roe were a left wing I would think he gets the call up but because the Kings are so deep at center right now I don't see it happening for another year. As you know the problem with Roe is his size. So even though he has done VERY well at the college level he has to flat out dominate college hockey on the score sheet in order to warrant being called up. What other impact is he going to have besides on the score sheet? He'll get his chance ... just not next season.

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chruceg View Post
Oiler's Chick,

If Roe were a left wing I would think he gets the call up but because the Kings are so deep at center right now I don't see it happening for another year. As you know the problem with Roe is his size. So even though he has done VERY well at the college level he has to flat out dominate college hockey on the score sheet in order to warrant being called up. What other impact is he going to have besides on the score sheet? He'll get his chance ... just not next season.
One thing that is missing from the Monarchs roster is skill. If Teddy Purcell is now considered NHL ready that leaves the Monarchs with an even bigger gaping hole where offensive skill should be. Garrett Roe is definitely a skill guy. His game is offense and that is something that Manchester has been missing all year.

Look at the Monarchs active roster:
http://www.monarchshockey.com/stats.php

Marty Murray leads the team with 46 points and Trevor Lewis/Matt Moulson lead the team with 15 goals. That is borderline pathetic.

With Garrett Roe's skill set and skating ability I fully believe he could easily supplant older prospects such as Parse and Gauthier.

If I had my way, Moller, Roe, King, Cameron and Loktionov would all be playing for Manchester next year. I think it's time for players like Moulson, Gauthier, Parse and possibly Brian Boyle to make way for the new blood.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote