1. Post the team which will win and by what score. Write anything else you like so long as you make clear those two variables. If you pick the correct team you will receive one point. If you pick the correct score but the wrong team you will receive two points. If you pick both the correct score and the correct winning team you will receive four points.
2. Despite opposition, I would like to add one point for the name of Maple Leaf who scores the team's first goal of the game. I think it would add some fun. I propose doing this on a trial basis, say the first 10 games. If by that time there is general consensus that it adds nothing except complications then it will be dropped (although, in fairness, points already earned in this category should remain). The Joepeps!! rule: If you expect a shutout, pick the opponent player who scores first. But if a Leaf does score, that pick will not be counted.
3. Picks must be made and posted by puck drop on game day.
4. Picks must be made in the prediction thread -- if you post them anywhere else, including the game day thread, they will not count.
5. No if...then picks(Detroit 9-2 if Joseph, 4-2 if Toskala, or Kulemin gets goal if he plays, otherwise Kaberle).
6. If you change a pick in a new post (as opposed to editing), be sure you delete the first one so that there aren't two different picks in the thread. Also, check that you haven't accidentally made two different picks in the same thread - you'd be surprised how often that happens. In those cases neither will count and you will have a "0" for that game.
Around in 67
Nikolai Cool Lemon
The Big Swede
Cool Hand Luke
GD | eNso
Reverse Flying V
Twist and Shout
Zippo, nada, zilch:
Juggernaut of Joy
Keeping It Blue
Game Statistical Package:
Picked team and score: 5
Picked score: 8
Picked team: 14
Picked first Leaf scorer: 4
Total non-duplicated entries since inception: 120
********Please review your score. While most of you think of me as generally infallible, the sheer number of entries and the need to set up a new spreadsheet may have led to an unlikely situation where I erred. PM me and I will look into it and either fess up or be insulted, depending.******
__________________ Noah Cross: 'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and ****** all get respectable if they last long enough. Timothy Fenwick Jr: Do you ever get the feeling that there's something going on that we don't know about? Boogie: If you don't have good dreams, Bagel, you got nightmares.
He was the Leafs' leading scorer in the 1963–64, 1966–67 and 1969–70 seasons, and the team's top goal scorer in 1970–71 and 1972–73. Keon was considered one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and one of the best defensive forwards of his era. He would usually play against the opposing team's top centre, and developed a reputation for neutralizing some of the league's top scorers. In 1970–71, he scored eight shorthanded goals, setting an NHL record.