HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Montreal Canadiens @ Toronto Maple Leafs - Saturday Oct 11th 7PM EST- 08/09 HNIC

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-11-2008, 10:03 PM
  #901
Shaun_W_W
Registered User
 
Shaun_W_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
Love the lines,man

Good combinations
Id rather throw Steen on the top and Blake on the third line

Shaun_W_W is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:04 PM
  #902
leaflover
New hope
 
leaflover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: beautiful B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,905
vCash: 4503
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsAddict View Post
I know all of you guys want to parrot Cherry but you need to know what you are talking about.
You know that do ya.

leaflover is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:04 PM
  #903
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalhua View Post
Listen I can understand the hattrick but please a Habs fan talking about whining.


Every team has their whiners.

JGRB is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:05 PM
  #904
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all
 
Squiffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
Its easy to be respectful on our board and try to be friendly with us.

We will never be up 6-1 this season,were not good like you guys...
Stop baiting them. Habs fans are indeed being pretty respectful in their posts here, and are free to post in our GDT with that in mind.

__________________
bWo: If you don't know, you should know... Buds WORLD Order Constitution
Adj: "Squiffy" - stupefied by a chemical substance (esp. alcohol)

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Squiffy is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:05 PM
  #905
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Registered User
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,031
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post


Every team has their whiners.
I think it's normal for either one of our fanbase to behave this way after a game like this one (either on the Leafs side or the Habs side).

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:06 PM
  #906
Reydin
Registered User
 
Reydin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!TML97!! View Post
Yeah agreed. Tlusty and Kulemin are probably the best forwards we got on this team too.
I don't get why a lot of people are enamored by Tlusty, as usual we over rate our kids. Tlusty is the next Stajan/Steen, usefull players, perfect 3rd liners, no game breakers. Grabovski as a lot of people are saying is Berezin. Schenn our only blue chip prospect needs to go back to the juniors after nine games. Kulemin if handled properly will be a top 6 forward. It's gonna be a long season people. Members of the Tank Nation are smiling.

Reydin is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:07 PM
  #907
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Stop baiting them. Habs fans are indeed being pretty respectful in their posts here, and are free to post in our GDT with that in mind.

Obviously there not going to come in here and start trolling

The Big Swede is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:09 PM
  #908
Metallian*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 13,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Steen was our 2nd best forward on the night, after Antropov.
you're thinking of some random pre-season game or something, because steen didnt do ANYTHING tonight

Metallian* is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:09 PM
  #909
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalhua View Post
Thanks tips...I don't care if Guy throws his first line out there but I better never seem him or one player rant later in the season when it happens to the Habs.

And were not going nuts over the loss..most of us know what the year will be like.Growing pains.
I know that I never will especially at the start of a season when actually most teams are still in preseason. Habs had 1000 games to play in preseason like most team and had to carry 54 players till the end. I think that this present lineup played 2 games together. So I guess that they're using those first games to still practice it a little.

Besides, and exactly like you said, it's pretty known that it's learning time big time for the Leafs right now and everybody respect that. It's the end of the old washed up guys and the beginning of something great since you'll be using kids. And I don't know but I would take every opportunity to show the kids that they can still kill penalties against a tough offense and they did it in the 3rd. Joseph also showed that Wilson can have confidence in him.

Still, if Carbonneau or one or the other players whine about a team running up the score...well it wouldn't be the first time that a team whines about something they did themselves in other games....If your team are being called for hooking, it's phantom penalties, if the other team is called for it, it's justified....

Anyway, there's is some interesting fundation to this Leafs team finally, and you guys will be seeing some interesting things real soon.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:10 PM
  #910
Kalhua
Registered User
 
Kalhua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post


Every team has their whiners.
This is true...I've prepared myself for this season and the rebuild and I'm not even pissed off tonight about the score.Its going to be a long season of learning and mistakes.

I'll admit I didn't like Guy putting the big boys out but hes the coach and I'm sure some game down the road the tables might be turned.

Kalhua is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:11 PM
  #911
Metallian*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 13,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL View Post
Leafs stats from last night


Faceoffs
Grabovski (14) - 50%
Antropov (21) - 43%
Moore (15) - 40%
wow, good to see

Metallian* is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:12 PM
  #912
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Registered User
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,031
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reydin View Post
I don't get why a lot of people are enamored by Tlusty, as usual we over rate our kids. Tlusty is the next Stajan/Steen, usefull players, perfect 3rd liners, no game breakers. Grabovski as a lot of people are saying is Berezin. Schenn our only blue chip prospect needs to go back to the juniors after nine games. Kulemin if handled properly will be a top 6 forward. It's gonna be a long season people. Members of the Tank Nation are smiling.
You can't be serious. Stajan has been atrocious thus far. Tlusty has been MUCH better providing equal d game and a better offensive game with Grabovski and Hagman. Steen hasn't been noticable at all. But he is solid defensibvely. Tlusty has about 5 years on both of them and looks very promising. Too bad Ron hasn't been that confident in either Kulemin or Tlusty (reflects in their ice times).

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:12 PM
  #913
Kalhua
Registered User
 
Kalhua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I know that I never will especially at the start of a season when actually most teams are still in preseason. Habs had 1000 games to play in preseason like most team and had to carry 54 players till the end. I think that this present lineup played 2 games together. So I guess that they're using those first games to still practice it a little.

Besides, and exactly like you said, it's pretty known that it's learning time big time for the Leafs right now and everybody respect that. It's the end of the old washed up guys and the beginning of something great since you'll be using kids. And I don't know but I would take every opportunity to show the kids that they can still kill penalties against a tough offense and they did it in the 3rd. Joseph also showed that Wilson can have confidence in him.

Still, if Carbonneau or one or the other players whine about a team running up the score...well it wouldn't be the first time that a team whines about something they did themselves in other games....If your team are being called for hooking, it's phantom penalties, if the other team is called for it, it's justified....

Anyway, there's is some interesting fundation to this Leafs team finally, and you guys will be seeing some interesting things real soon.

Okay your too nice lol.

Kalhua is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:14 PM
  #914
Epoch
Registered User
 
Epoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post

Think about it. The Leafs have ran up the score on us many times in the past when we had horrible teams, life moves on.

I've never held anything against you guys, i've even came on here several times over the off season to talk about prospects. I like the Leafs core for the upcoming years, I've said it several times before. I'm pretty dissapointed that some of you are whinning like this.
You hit the nail right on the head right there. The Leafs have destroyed Montreal in games past. I don't think any Leaf fan should be upset about this outcome. Hell, was it not expected?

Epoch is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:19 PM
  #915
MadarameIkakku83
Registered User
 
MadarameIkakku83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
Who the **** cares?

Its not going to be his last chance at a hat-trick
man, who cares if they run up the score?? seriously, if it was the leafs i dont think you would care, personally, i dont think you should let up in any situation, play as hard as you can the whole game, these guys are pros, we dont need to feel sorry for them... if it was the leafs up 6-1 i sure as **** would be cheering for them to make it 10-1 and kill the habs so they can remember who they dealing with next time they meet... no mercy!!!

MadarameIkakku83 is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:20 PM
  #916
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadarameIkakku83 View Post
man, who cares if they run up the score?? seriously, if it was the leafs i dont think you would care, personally, i dont think you should let up in any situation, play as hard as you can the whole game, these guys are pros, we dont need to feel sorry for them... if it was the leafs up 6-1 i sure as **** would be cheering for them to make it 10-1 and kill the habs so they can remember who they dealing with next time they meet... no mercy!!!
Whats the difference between 6-1 and 10-1

Youre still beating the team pretty bad

Anyways forget about it

The Big Swede is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:22 PM
  #917
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Stop baiting them. Habs fans are indeed being pretty respectful in their posts here, and are free to post in our GDT with that in mind.
Sorry Squiffy,I couldnt respond to you privately because my infractions dont allow me to.

I got carried away about how bad the Leafs lost to

Sorry man

I still hate the Habs

The Big Swede is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:24 PM
  #918
HabsAddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 501
vCash: 500
Tlusty.....is a keeper.

Grabs...is fill in until you get better.

Steen.....pretty solid player.

Schenn...he is a keeper. Plays with a lot more poise then any raw rookie defenseman I have seen. Mind you, it's hard to shine when there is so much coal dust around.

Toskala....average. Not sure if he will be elite.

Andropov.....he's a second liner on a good team but has a good chance of becoming a legitimate number one.

It will take time......

HabsAddict is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:24 PM
  #919
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all
 
Squiffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadarameIkakku83 View Post
man, who cares if they run up the score?? seriously, if it was the leafs i dont think you would care, personally, i dont think you should let up in any situation, play as hard as you can the whole game, these guys are pros, we dont need to feel sorry for them... if it was the leafs up 6-1 i sure as **** would be cheering for them to make it 10-1 and kill the habs so they can remember who they dealing with next time they meet... no mercy!!!
I disagree. I don't like teams running up scores, and I can recall points in the last three years (the Thrashers jump to mind) where I was less then impressed with the Leafs running out top guys in the same situation. But I can understand about the hat-trick, I'd have a guy looking for one out on a PP too.

No big CFL fan, but my buddy has Argo season tickets, he drags me along once in while.. Pinball was the worst at this kinda thing, I'd have ten rows around me laughing as I called it out...

Squiffy is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:25 PM
  #920
Brown Dog
Registered User
 
Brown Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,180
vCash: 500
Some random thoughts...

1) Penalties (and Montreal's lethal PP) killed us--refs missed some obvious ones against MTL

2) Toskala was awful, didn't show up tonight--he's gotta show some more consistency

3) Antro's goal should have counted--he clearly moved his arm after the puck deflected off of him

4) Schenn had a rough night; yes, he's only 18 and has a promising future, but he was bad tonight, let's be honest

5) I'm glad Mayers got to drop the gloves, but otherwise he's been invisible both games

6) Why did nobody crush the guy who snowed Cujo after the breakaway stop?

7) Blake shouldn't be fist-pumping down 5-1, but I think he was just super-relieved to get the monkey off his back, so I'll give him a break on that one

8) Lots of goalposts tonight, at least 3 or 4; the bounces mostly went Montreal's way

9) The cohesiveness and organization that they showed in Detroit was nowhere to be found

10) This team is going to have a tough time coming back and needs to get the first goal like they did in Detroit

11) I thought Van Ryn played pretty well

12) I thought the penalty kill was way too passive tonight

13) Montreal is clearly a bad matchup for us; reminded me of the annual Ottawa drubbings

14) Nice to see Moore sticking up for himself and Schenn sticking up for Stajan

Brown Dog is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:32 PM
  #921
HabsoluteFate
Registered User
 
HabsoluteFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnuthead View Post
Some random thoughts...

13) Montreal is clearly a bad matchup for us; reminded me of the annual Ottawa drubbings
Please don't compare us to those Sens teams...i also remember you guys beating them when it counts come playoff time

HabsoluteFate is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:38 PM
  #922
MadarameIkakku83
Registered User
 
MadarameIkakku83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
I disagree. I don't like teams running up scores, and I can recall points in the last three years (the Thrashers jump to mind) where I was less then impressed with the Leafs running out top guys in the same situation. But I can understand about the hat-trick, I'd have a guy looking for one out on a PP too.

No big CFL fan, but my buddy has Argo season tickets, he drags me along once in while.. Pinball was the worst at this kinda thing, I'd have ten rows around me laughing as I called it out...
ya but when everything is going is so well, you cant tell your guys to let up, you play hard all the time, and thats how it should be in my opinion... and its not like carbo can sit his top two lines and play the bottom sixers the rest of the night... having said that one thing running up the score is good for is that usually the team getting embarrased comes out playing much harder, i think its a good healthy kick in the ass that is needed once in awhile to get your guys goin again

MadarameIkakku83 is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 10:59 PM
  #923
LTL
Registered User
 
LTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: D.T
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
wow, good to see
Nice to see both centers pick things up on the faceoff dot.

LTL is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 11:03 PM
  #924
LTL
Registered User
 
LTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: D.T
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,288
vCash: 500
I think speed killed us tonight. The leafs definitely need another boost in that area.

LTL is offline  
Old
10-11-2008, 11:18 PM
  #925
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL View Post
I think speed killed us tonight. The leafs definitely need another boost in that area.
We have alot of speed,I just dont know where it all went.

The Big Swede is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.