HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens @ Toronto Maple Leafs - Saturday Oct 11th 7PM EST- 08/09 HNIC

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2008, 01:29 AM
LTL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
I still see no point in keeping him,were going to **** the bed litteraly this season.

Its only going to give him some much needed experience but Id rather send him back to the WHL and make him work on his offensive game so next year he will be that much better.

Forgot about his defense its pretty much NHL material in my book

Its normal for him to make mistake,hes still relatively young.Hell learn from that and become a much better player and leader
Developing happens whether your winning or losing. Take the most recent bottom feeders for example (L.A, St.Louis, and Chiacgo). Have the youngsters on those teams not been able to develop because they are in a losing environment?

IMO the only time an environment would be counter productive is on a team which doesn't bring it every night. Wilson won't let that type of poison stick around for too long in the dressing room and from the looks of it Fletch has no problem moving anyone.

Old
10-12-2008, 01:39 AM
Pedro McGuire*

OOUuuuuuiiiinnnn!!!!! Oouiiiinnnn!!!!

Old
10-12-2008, 01:45 AM
Zinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gob Bainey View Post
OOUuuuuuiiiinnnn!!!!! Oouiiiinnnn!!!!
Beeeeeeeeiinnnnnnnnnn la aaaaaawwwww-ouaaaaayyyyy

toskala is the best part of the leafs.
dont hate on ur goalie...would u rather of Gerber? or LaBarbera?

I heard John Tavares is signing in the KHL with Avangard Omsk to avoid the leafs. lol

just kidding guys....but for real, i think toskala is a great goalie, he was playing in front of defensive unit that didnt get the job done tonight....

by the way, who's the leafs captain???

Old
10-12-2008, 01:47 AM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madic View Post
It's hard to watch, 'innit? I'm as big a fan of him as any, and I could have bloody thrown a lamp tonight...he'll take a hit in the corner and get back up (after his helmet falls off 3 or 4 times), then take a small bump and limp around cringing for a while. It really, really sucks...it's been said a billion times, but he looks like one of those Leafs draftee's who would really work out, were it not for his glass legs.
You know, i'm not entirely convinced he wasn't already nursing a minor injury on one of his knees. Just watching him play I don't get the impression that he's 100%.

Old
10-12-2008, 02:09 AM
teamsundin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner89 View Post
im ashamed to be a leaf fan.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I'm ashamed that bandwagoners like you call yourselves leaf fans, makes the rest of us look bad.

Old
10-12-2008, 02:10 AM

Alright, Leaf fans.

This is the type of game that can be classified as.... not good.

Schenn - GREAT talent - needs a year more in juniors as well as captaining the World Junior team in Ottawa. Was physically outmatched tonight by a suprisingly physical Montreal team.

Pony - Antro - Blake - can you say just horrendous!? Second line at BEST on any other team.

Hagman - loving this guy more and more with each passing game.

Cola - not going to lie, i started chanting "WAI-VER WI-RE" after he got hit in the third. Love the guy but hes a china doll.

Old
10-12-2008, 02:10 AM
Fenton

Good to see the Leafs come back to reality tonight. I was tired of hearing people getting their hopes up after the Leafs beat a sloppy Detroit team on Thursday. Reality is, this team is what it is, not very good.

Old
10-12-2008, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilFF View Post
Good to see the Leafs come back to reality tonight. I was tired of hearing people getting their hopes up after the Leafs beat a sloppy Detroit team on Thursday. Reality is, this team is what it is, not very good.
My comment to Habs fans all night tonight was "its all apart of the process" One older leaf fan just looked at me and said "yeah right, its been apart if the process for many years.

Old
10-12-2008, 02:45 AM
Sabonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesKnowsBest View Post
Alright, Leaf fans.

Pony - Antro - Blake - can you say just horrendous!? Second line at BEST on any other team.

I definitely don't think Antro is the problem. He played pretty well considering tonight. Created chances, covered up defensively and should gotten that goal. I don't know about anyone else but i'm really getting tired of Ponikarockhead. He really doesn't help Antropov in the least, constantly flubbing everything Antro throws his way. I would much rather see Nik play with a Kulemin or Tlusty.

Old
10-12-2008, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabonis View Post
I definitely don't think Antro is the problem. He played pretty well considering tonight. Created chances, covered up defensively and should gotten that goal. I don't know about anyone else but i'm really getting tired of Ponikarockhead. He really doesn't help Antropov in the least, constantly flubbing everything Antro throws his way. I would much rather see Nik play with a Kulemin or Tlusty.
Antro played pretty well... actually OUTSKATED someone in the first. Ive been a big fan of Antro for a while actually but we need to be serious... on another team this isnt a first line.

The team that played in Detroit was not the team that played tonight. No hitting, no intensity, no speed.

Old
10-12-2008, 02:54 AM
Snipeshow

I'm just waiting to see Schenn play game 10 to get his jersey.

He'll probably keep #2 forever.. right?

Old
10-12-2008, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
I'm just waiting to see Schenn play game 10 to get his jersey.

He'll probably keep #2 forever.. right?
Unless hes a kindred spirit of Pavel Kubina hell keep that number

Old
10-12-2008, 03:44 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalhua View Post
Listen I can understand the hattrick but please a Habs fan talking about whining.
What ****ing PP line do you want us to play?! We played Lang-S.Kostitsyn in most of the late PP's...that's our 3rd line! Who do you want us to play on the PP?! Begin?! Lapierre?!...jeez

Old
10-12-2008, 04:13 AM
Ouroborous

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilFF View Post
It's still two games in. While I'm not very optimistic, what makes you so sure this is the team we're going to see the rest of the year?

Old
10-12-2008, 04:50 AM
ukrleaf

This was brutal. I don't care if we get Tavares or Hedman or anyone else, we simply CANNOT lose to the Habs in such a way. Even though right now we are a much weaker team, it was still a DISGRACE. This team has no soul and no skill at all. Some of you blamed the guys who didn't want to waive their NTCs but they had more heart than anyone else left.
I've always been an optimist about the Leafs even though I'm used to loses but I don't believe in this squad at all. I'd like to believe in the youngsters but it is hard for me to do it. I will not be surprised if Tlusty, Grabo or Kulemin will become nobodies. But not Schenn... He'll be another Chris Phillips or Mattias Norstrom

Old
10-12-2008, 05:15 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

ok.......
it's good i wasn't able to watch

sounds like they need to work on clearing the net ?

Old
10-12-2008, 06:31 AM
Schweiz

Ok, now I believe moving to Europe for work was a good idea for this year. The games start at about 1am here and I cannot imagine how angry I would be if I stayed up til 4am just for several beatings this season.
On the other hand, I still miss watching the games...but if I can avoid the depression that will come with this season maybe it is a good idea. All I pray for is that the kids get better and from all the highlights I have to watch each morning, it appears to be happening a bit and I'm sure the kids will all get more ice-time as they settle in and more transactions are made.

Old
10-12-2008, 07:31 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
We have alot of speed,I just dont know where it all went.
PK sucked the life out of it with 3 goals allowed.

PP was the biggest difference between the 2 teams.

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
Old
10-12-2008, 08:56 AM
obcd1

Quote:
Its easy to be respectful on our board and try to be friendly with us.

We will never be up 6-1 this season,were not good like you guys...
It's hard to be respectfull with your attitude
I understand why you get so much warnings
Anyway I can understand the frustration on the defeat but I think you are doing more bad then good on that thread

Old
10-12-2008, 10:04 AM
ChickenHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
That's the right call, he obviously hit it with his arm on purpose.
A bit late here

I think the goal was good as he makes the motion with his arm AFTER the puck hits him.

Old
10-12-2008, 10:09 AM
mapes

I'm not sure if I agree with Vesa starting tomorrow but RW already said he would start him.

Old
10-12-2008, 10:13 AM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Well it's time for Ron Wilson to give more minutes to Tlusty and Kulemin. The Poni line is horrendous and I don't know why Ron was still pulling for that line during the whole game. I also read somewhere Jason lead all LEafs forwards in ice time. We need to stop taking boneheaded penalties especially to a potent-PP Montreal team that loves to score on it. We should do much better against St. Louis however. And I do want to see Antropov feeding the puck to Kulemin or Tlusty because neither Blake or Ponikarovsky can capitalize on their chances. Antropov is also the only real playmaking forward on this team. Stralman should be playing against St. Louis. Schenn played well although not as good as his previous game. He needs more time in the WHL and in the WJCs.

Old
10-12-2008, 10:21 AM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

Luke Schenn-great to see him come to Stajan's aid after he was hit from behind.no hesitation at all.

if i had some way of pulling a deal,i would ship out Blake,Cola & Stajan.

Old
10-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Raging Bull

It is pretty hard to pick out positives after a game like that. Schenn I thought had a rough go of it, but he was probably our only defenseman that ended up even on the night. Kulemin was a bright spot out there, but we didn't see enough of him.

Again, I hated when Wilson started mixing up the lines every shift. How are you supposed to form chemistry when he does that? It's not like you just throw them together and boom there it is, lines need to play together a lot to build it up.

Our power-play and penalty kill were absolutely brutal. It's pretty weird not seeing Mats out there on the PP, they look lost without him........

Old
10-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Roo

All im going to say is, in a game like that, when you are down 5-0 and you get an opportunistic tap in goal, why on earth do you celebrate like you just got the game winner?

**** you Jason Blake, its so painfully clear you play for the name on the back, not the symbol in front.

Cant wait till he's off the team.

Closed Thread