HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens-Kings

Old
10-11-2008, 03:50 PM
LAX attack*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
We already have a 26 year old, heavily worn for wear version of Staal, although with 2 less A's, an O and one more L

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 03:52 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post
We already have a 26 year old, heavily worn for wear version of Staal, although with 2 less A's, an O and one more L

O'Stoll?

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 03:54 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Close. Frolov is worth as much as Brown. Remember, Frolov put up most of his points playing with scrubs. He somehow managed to get Armstrong 30 points, no small feet.

I'd say if you added a prospect like Trevor Lewis along with Frolov is worth Staal, the prospect you mentioned, a 1st next year and a second rounder this year.

Problem is, now the Kings have more centers than wings. So for us to want Staal we'd have to trade a centerman as well, not a winger. You can have Boyle and a 2nd for Staal.

I'm sure Crosby wouldn't mind all 6'7" of Boyle distracting the goalie on the PP.
Sounds like Pens and Kings aren't good trading partners. We need wings but if we take your wings you have too many centers and few wings (suffer our problem), but in net and defense we are fine.

Quote:
it's actually excellent

the only knock on Frolov is that he occasionally loafs around
So assuming we did get Frolov he's the type we need to replace Staal defensivly, but you guys don't need another C so this is moot.

66-29-33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 03:55 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Dustin Brown has one of the highest values in a trade in the NHL. He's on a great contract and he's probably the only player in the NHL who can do what he does. He was just named captain and anything short of Malkin or Crosby will be a hung up phone call from DL.

BillyShoe1721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 03:59 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Sounds like Pens and Kings aren't good trading partners. We need wings but if we take your wings you have too many centers and few wings (suffer our problem), but in net and defense we are fine.

So assuming we did get Frolov he's the type we need to replace Staal defensivly, but you guys don't need another C so this is moot.
More or less yeah.

In fact, I don't think the Kings and anyone make good trading partners right now. We are waiting for D and G to develop, which should come together and sort itself out in the next two seasons. That's not to say that the Kings don't need to fill holes, but not at the expense of NHL talent. We have tons of prospects and that's one reason to have them, to trade potential for current talent, or simply to eat up next seasons UFA market.

Take a look at our prospect list and get back to us on who you like and what you think they are worth. But again, the Pens want to make a run now, so they need proven talent.

So yeah, not great trading partners.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
Lol. Pens fans say they don't want to see anymore Staal proposals. They then proceed to make their own proposals that include (and overrate) Staal. Nice.
What is your obsession with Staal? I'm a Pens fan, so that's why I'm here.

I'm wondering what possesses a fan of an unrelated team to follow Staal around like a lost puppy looking for shelter, spewing the same thing over and over.

You don't like him. We get it. We all get it.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Asquaredx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
For one, it's one fan, and second, how did this proposal overrate Staal? It packaged him with some desirable things to try to overpay for a guy who would be the ideal fit for Crosby. Granted I can see how the Kings wouldnt want to do this but the value is certainly equal or the Kings are getting a slight advantage on the deal depending on how Staal does with Malkin this year as his winger instead of spending his time as a 3rd line checking center.

The pens would hate to trade Staal away but would only do so if a return similar to this was granted, a top 6 young winger. The sooner teams realize that then we wont be having hissy fits next time we see Staal for "insert generic bottom 6 scrub here" deals.
Many disagree with that (including myself) and thus the Staal is over-rated talk arises.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 04:30 PM
JTG

What about O'Sullivan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
For one, it's one fan, and second, how did this proposal overrate Staal? It packaged him with some desirable things to try to overpay for a guy who would be the ideal fit for Crosby. Granted I can see how the Kings wouldnt want to do this but the value is certainly equal or the Kings are getting a slight advantage on the deal depending on how Staal does with Malkin this year as his winger instead of spending his time as a 3rd line checking center.

The pens would hate to trade Staal away but would only do so if a return similar to this was granted, a top 6 young winger. The sooner teams realize that then we wont be having hissy fits next time we see Staal for "insert generic bottom 6 scrub here" deals.
Every Staal thread he posts in, he needs to throw in how overrated Staal is. The proposal could be a pile of **** for Staal, and somehow Staal would be overrated. I'm telling you...it's the Kessel complex. Leave him be.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 04:35 PM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
What about O'Sullivan?

Every Staal thread he posts in, he needs to throw in how overrated Staal is. The proposal could be a pile of **** for Staal, and somehow Staal would be overrated. I'm telling you...it's the Kessel complex. Leave him be.
I would say the odds of O'Sullivan being traded were higher before he signed his new contract this week. What would you offer for him though?

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctordark View Post
What is your obsession with Staal? I'm a Pens fan, so that's why I'm here.

I'm wondering what possesses a fan of an unrelated team to follow Staal around like a lost puppy looking for shelter, spewing the same thing over and over.

You don't like him. We get it. We all get it.
I actually do like Staal. And the Pens, actually they're my second favorite team. I just get sick of how overrated he's become by some members here.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asquaredx2 View Post
Many disagree with that (including myself) and thus the Staal is over-rated talk arises.
Staals rookie year goal totals were similar to what Brown did last year, Brown was tops with the hits and Staal was excellent with defensive play. Brown's contract is great, Staal doesnt have one yet but is an impending RFA which isnt nearly as bad as impending UFA.

The prospect and the 1st rounder is what rounds it off to being equal. Obviously there are other factors at play here, LA apparently doesnt need centers and by making Brown their Captain they made him pretty impossible to trade for. So for those reasons the trade wouldnt go through but don't tell me that this isnt fair value. You people will be eating crow by the end of the season when you see a 30 goal + season out of Staal this year.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 05:09 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
I actually do like Staal. And the Pens, actually they're my second favorite team. I just get sick of how overrated he's become by some members here.
Unless someone asks for Staal strait up for their superstar or a superstar plus a core player or something really high he is not overrated. The guy is 20, and already an elite defensive player, his rookie year he had 29 goals....i'd LOVE to see your or any other person whos says he's overrated reaction when Staal gets traded for a scoring winger with a nice defensive game going. He's no Gaborik, or in this case Brown but he will easily fetch a really nice return because GM's are not idiots, well not all GM's. The guy also has a few alltime NHL records for pete sake. He's worth MORE then just scrub players, he's 20 years old and has room for alot of improvement. He can easily turn into a 30 goal scoring elite defensive player. He most likely wont be a 100 point player but he's good for 70 points when he's fully developed. You gotta give up to get, and people don't wanna give up to get, they rather get and give up their scrubs. Of course we will want an overpayment, he's on our team....not to mention he's a COG for this team, and a player of this guy is worth alot to a team for the assets he brings. Strong defensive play, potential 30 goal scorrer...what's not to like? The guy went 2nd overall for a reason. People like to think of Staal like a dime a dozen player.

Last edited by 66-29-33: 10-11-2008 at 05:14 PM.
66-29-33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTisIT View Post
Sorry Kings fans, I'm not 100% sure what your needs are, and you probably would be reluctant to give up Brown.....

For correction of your error, please see below.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTisIT View Post
Sorry Kings fans, I'm not 100% sure what your needs are, and you probably would be resolved not to give up Brown.....

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 05:54 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings View Post
I would say the odds of O'Sullivan being traded were higher before he signed his new contract this week. What would you offer for him though?
What do you need? Not defensemen. Pretty set at center. Have a nice crop of wingers. Young goalie ready to come up.

All the Kings really need right now is time.

Old
10-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
What do you need? Not defensemen. Pretty set at center. Have a nice crop of wingers. Young goalie ready to come up.

All the Kings really need right now is time.
The Kings need a GOOD veteran defenseman. The crop of young guys is great.....but they will have a hard time adjusting to the NHL without a good, solid, all star caliber guy to lead the way. Unfortunately I cannot imagine another team would be willing to trade someone like that.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
The Kings need a GOOD veteran defenseman. The crop of young guys is great.....but they will have a hard time adjusting to the NHL without a good, solid, all star caliber guy to lead the way. Unfortunately I cannot imagine another team would be willing to trade someone like that.
A healthy Gonchar would be nice.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 07:50 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
We have Gonchar and Whitney. No one from the Pens point of view would consider trading Gonchar, though would ponder Whitney.

Old
10-12-2008, 05:39 PM
MxK1NGS

No...
End of Story

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 10:48 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
A healthy Gonchar would be nice.
It would have to be O'Sullivan + for Gonchar I'm afraid.

Old
10-13-2008, 03:13 AM
bland

Just to pile on, Frolov is twice the player Brown is...

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 03:36 AM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
That's a bold thing to say especially after Brown has been named captain. Care to elaborate?

Old
10-13-2008, 04:32 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
That's a bold thing to say especially after Brown has been named captain. Care to elaborate?
Not a bold thing to say at all. Frolov is that good.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
I would say that Frolov is better....but I would never say he is twice as good......When Frolov starts putting up 60 goal/120 point seasons you can make that claim.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Epatt001

oh captain, my captain.

dont think the kings would want to move their captain, brown will be the heart and soul of this team for at least 6 years.

good trade value wise though.

Epatt001 is offline   Reply With Quote