HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A few Questions about going to a Kings game

Old
10-28-2008, 11:14 PM
puckMAN

vCash: 500
A few Questions about going to a Kings game

So my cousin and I are planing on going to the Kings vs Wild game on march 7th,then the Ducks vs Wild game on March 8th (We are Wild fans) We have never been to Los Angeles so I have a few questions.

1.We will be going to LA via Amtrak,and I would like to know how far is Union station from Staples Center?Am I wrong in thinking it is right near by?

2.What is the best way to get to Anaheim from downtown LA (we will not have a car)we will be going to Anaheim right after the game.The Amtrak website shows train that runs from Union Station to San Diego that stops in Anaheim,would this be the way to go?

Thanks for any help.

puckMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 03:21 AM
Fishhead

Union Station isn't at all far from Staples, doesn't take long to get there. There are several great hotels on the route from Union to Staples.

The Amtrak that runs from LA to Anaheim stops in the Angel Stadium parking lot, which is right across the street from the pond. Not even a 10 minute walk to the arena. If you are still looking for a room around there, I would recommend the Hilton Suites Anaheim. It's about a mile from Angel Stadium, and right next to a National Sports Grill. You can catch a shuttle from NSG over to the pond on game nights (I believe) which is free. A buddy and I have noticed that visiting teams often stay ay the Hilton, and we've met quite a few players/coaches in the NSG there. It's in a great area and it's plenty safe to walk it, even at night.

Fishhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

Union Station isn't that far from Staples Center, but you definitely don't want to walk from there. Take a cab...

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckMAN View Post
So my cousin and I are planing on going to the Kings vs Wild game on march 7th,then the Ducks vs Wild game on March 8th (We are Wild fans) We have never been to Los Angeles so I have a few questions.

1.We will be going to LA via Amtrak,and I would like to know how far is Union station from Staples Center?Am I wrong in thinking it is right near by?
Union Station to Staples is quite a ways, but you could take the Metro (subway) Red line to 7th/metro station, then transfer to Blue line and get off at Pico / Chick Hearn station (first stop), and Staples Center is across the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckMAN View Post
2.What is the best way to get to Anaheim from downtown LA (we will not have a car)we will be going to Anaheim right after the game.The Amtrak website shows train that runs from Union Station to San Diego that stops in Anaheim,would this be the way to go?
The last Amtrak to San Diego leaves L.A. Union Station at 10:10pm, so there is no way you could stay till the game ends and make it to LAUS by 10:10. If you took a cab to LAUS, you should leave by 9:40 or so.

If you stayed till the games ends, cab to Anaheim could be very $$ ($70?)

You'd probably do better to rent a car at LAUS that you can drive to Staples, then drop off in Anaheim.

Good Luck!

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 02:48 PM
mysteryman

You should simply ask some LA Fans in this and other King fan forums if anyone from OC attending the game could drive you to Anaheim and give them 20 bucks for the time.

A cab will cost way too much to make sense.

mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Metro Bus 460 runs from downtown LA to Disneyland and runs 7 days a week. It is an express bus so it takes the freeway and doesn't stop in the ghetto. that is the cheapest way to get there.

http://www.metro.net/riding_metro/bu...images/460.pdf

The best bet has already been mentioned. Either take the Amtrak or Metrolink from Union Station to the parking lot at Anaheim stadium.

http://www.metrolinktrains.com/sched...tml.php?id=341

Whenever I take the train to Union Station, I take the red/purple line like everyone is saying. But I think the blue line is a waste of time. It only takes you a couple blocks. If you don't feel like transfering to another train, exit the redline at 7th street Metro Center and exit on the the figueroa side (opposed to the Hope St exit). You'll come out at 7th and Figueroa. Staples is on 11th and Figueroa so it is about 4 blocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
The last Amtrak to San Diego leaves L.A. Union Station at 10:10pm, so there is no way you could stay till the game ends and make it to LAUS by 10:10. If you took a cab to LAUS, you should leave by 9:40 or so.
The game he is going to is a 1:00pm start so he'll have a few options out of there.

And here is an option for you in case you need a car just for a few hours..

http://www.zipcar.com/

And here a a few other threads you might find useful..

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=547269

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=468726

Last edited by Buddy The Elf: 10-29-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote