HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Canucks @ Flames, Game 2

View Poll Results: Who was the Flames' MVP in this game?
Rene Bourque 5 10.42%
Todd Bertuzzi 15 31.25%
Andre Roy 2 4.17%
Mark Giordano 2 4.17%
Michael Cammalleri 17 35.42%
Other - please specify 7 14.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-12-2008, 02:36 PM
zBearcat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcBenz View Post
You disgust me. That game was meaningless and you know it. Anyways 17-6 canucks in last 3 games??? I thought calgary was suppose to better "offensively"
As meaningless as including a pre-season game when comparing the two teams?

zBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Get used to weak calls against Bertuzzi. He got that in his last year with the Canucks, and he'll keep getting those for as long as he plays in the league. The NHL head office probably wants him to just dissapear so everyone forgets about that incident.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Does anyone have the clip of Burrow's attempted tripping? I could have sworn he hit the puck first..

Either way, blown calls on both sides. Nothing we can do. Good game, though, Calgary, each time we play it sends my heart-rate up!

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Balls Mahoney
SAVE US SVEN

I actually thought the player Burrows "tripped" dove and wasn't surprised there wasn't a call. However, I could be seeing it through homer glasses.

But like I said last night, the reffing last night was a joke on both sides.

Balls Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:19 PM
White Out

To the fans who threw drinks on the ice

This is to all the fans at the game Saturday who threw drinks and popcorn on the ice after the BS reffing and ot loss.

Good for you. You didn't throw anything at the players or refs, you just voiced your displeasure thru good old fashioned debris on the ice.

White Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Ticonderoga
Undercover agent

vCash: 50
It was a terrible call.

Glad they waited till everyone was off the ice.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Ticonderoga
Undercover agent

I must say I am disgusted with Vancouver fans right now.

Winning is great but you do not have to physically assult people after you win.

I hope Bieska is just as hurt as my friend is after getting bottled by a bunch of Vancouvers finset sports fans.

Sad display of humility.

....and a bad call at the end of the game too, thanks refs.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:33 PM
The Overseer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
No, more than half of the calls went Vancouver's way, very obviously. But I digress.

[. . .]

And, I wouldn't get so headstrong about Vancouver's gameplan against Calgary quite yet. After three embarrassing losses to a team that Calgary should be beating, you know they're going to have a revised gameplan the next time these two teams match up. I wouldn't expect Keenan, Iginla and the Flames to keep up what they're doing against Vancouver, when it clearly isn't working. YOu know that the next time these two teams meet, Calgary's going to have something to prove. As a Canucks fan, I would be worried about the next meeting for multiple reasons.
We're obviously of differing views, and I'm not here to troll, so let's just leave things where they are. The proof is in the pudding.

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlak View Post
We're obviously of differing views, and I'm not here to troll, so let's just leave things where they are. The proof is in the pudding.
It absolutely is.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 04:00 PM
ziploc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Iggy View Post

I hope Bieska is just as hurt as my friend is after getting bottled by a bunch of Vancouvers finset sports fans.

Sad display of humility.

Yup, we ALL went out and physically assaulted people after the win. It's what we do. It's kind of a ritual.

Sucks that you or your friend got attacked. That's stupid, and the people responsible should be charged. Just don't go around that this is "typical Canuck fan bs" because it is not. Idiots are everywhere.

ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 04:14 PM
settinguptheplay
Classless Canuck Fan

Quote:

Sad display of humility.

Where was your friend when this happened? In Vancouver? At a bar? Let me guess. He was being Mr. Nice guy when the mean ol Vancouver fan came and smashed him just for kicks. I am sure your "friend" said or did nothing to provoke it.

Dont get me wrong. An assault is uncalled for in any case. But I am sure there is ALOT more to the story than your friend getting bottled.

Nice generalization of Canuck fans though.

Just to make sure I got this right. Vancouver's first wion was luck and the fact Regehr was not in the lineup. The second loss was all the ref's fault. I am sure it had nothing to do with the fact that Calgary's PP was non existant.

I hope your friend is ok though. No one deserves to be assaulted just for being a fan of an opposing team.

settinguptheplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 04:49 PM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
No, more than half of the calls went Vancouver's way, very obviously. But I digress.

I don't think it's fair to start a 'revisionist history' spiel at this point. That had no bearing on yesterday's game, which is what I am discussing. I still believe that while Vancouver got 2 points yesterday from the game, they were lucky to get that break at the end which resulted in Vancouver's goal; even you can admit that.
Off the top of my head...

Bertuzzi elbows Daniel's head. No call.
Burrows trips somebody. No call.
Phaneuf slashes Luongo after he saves a shot. No call.
Conroy argues that Luongo dove after he clearly made contact with Luongo. Penalty to Luongo.

Anything else I'm forgetting? I don't think Bertuzzi's hit from behind on Johnson counts because him getting stupid penalties is a given - get used to it.

Quote:
Doesn't matter if Mitchell 'bounced back up immediately', Iginla fed him his lunch with that hit. Iginla got another shot on him after Mitchell stupidly tried to get up. The earlier part of the fight was a toss-up, with the slight advantage going to Mitchell. Doesn't matter though, he clearly lost that fight.

Prust's fight is another story. Rypien put his jersey over his head and was feeding him shots. Prust lost, but who cares. Rypien is known for his fighting more than Prust is at this point, anyways. He deserved to lose. In the context of impact matches, Iginla's drop of Mitchell was much more impressive. Much more.
It does, in fact, matter if Mitchell bounced back up immediately. That means that Iginla didn't "feed him his lunch", because if that were the case, then Mitchell would be on the ice. And "stupidly tried to get up"? This guy is giving it his all and trying to shift the momentum for his team. That's anything but stupid. It shows a ton of heart. Iginla would have done the exact same thing. It's what a leader does.

Quote:
I do think alot more of the the turnaround was attributed to Calgary just deciding to take the night off after that lead. I do think Calgary is a much more talented team, but they just couldn't get their crap together tonight. Vancouver is a very young-ish team, and a couple losses under their belt will impact their confidence; we have yet to see how this team performs in the part of the season when it really matters. Two games in October at the beginning of the season don't mean squat right now in the big picture of things. I expect Calgary to rebound fully.

And, I wouldn't get so headstrong about Vancouver's gameplan against Calgary quite yet. After three embarrassing losses to a team that Calgary should be beating, you know they're going to have a revised gameplan the next time these two teams match up. I wouldn't expect Keenan, Iginla and the Flames to keep up what they're doing against Vancouver, when it clearly isn't working. YOu know that the next time these two teams meet, Calgary's going to have something to prove. As a Canucks fan, I would be worried about the next meeting for multiple reasons.
That's what we all thought about this previous game. Nothing happened. We thought the same thing last year when we went 3-0 against you guys. Nothing happened. Shouldn't the Flames have had a revised gameplan for Saturday? After all, they got smoked 6-0. That, to me, should be enough to get fired up.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 04:57 PM
1234rer

Quote:

Sad display of humility.

Hmmm...... let me get this straight, you hope Bieksa is just as hurt as your friend? What did Bieksa do to your friend?? Mod-edit: deleted.
http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Columnis...168311-sun.php

Should everyone paint the Flames fans with the same brush?
You are calling Canuck fans Classless, why? One person does not represent a fanbase, grow up!

Last edited by Snoil11: 10-13-2008 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Flaming
1234rer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:46 PM
HuMz

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out View Post
This is to all the fans at the game Saturday who threw drinks and popcorn on the ice after the BS reffing and ot loss.

Good for you. You didn't throw anything at the players or refs, you just voiced your displeasure thru good old fashioned debris on the ice.
Which accomplished absolutely nothing. Had they hit the refs they would have got there point across.

HuMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 06:13 PM
therealdeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
So you obviously didn't see the missed penalty call. We blame the Flames for losing the lead but not for the way we lost. The refs should have called that tripping call.
You can never control the way the other team plays or the performance of the referees. What you can control is the way you play, and the Flames straight up didn't play well enough to win that game.

therealdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Messier 4 Mayor

Kipper he held them in the game

Messier 4 Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 06:27 PM
HuMz

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdeal View Post
You can never control the way the other team plays or the performance of the referees. What you can control is the way you play, and the Flames straight up didn't play well enough to win that game.
Not too mention the refs typically will put the whistle away in overtime and let em play.

HuMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 06:57 PM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdeal View Post
Not because the refs don't make mistakes. What you are talking about, is not dwelling on the fault of others because you can do more for success from within rather than waiting for someone else to change.

I agree with that if you are a player. Not so much if you are a fan though. If the Refs are doing a lousy job, the league needs to hear about it. The problem I have is that nothing ever happens as a consequence of their lousy officiating. Now if fans got together and boycotted a sponsor of hockey night in Canada as a protest, you would see changes and fast.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Tripwyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDayAsALion View Post
But like I said last night, the reffing last night was a joke on both sides.
The night before too -- no surprise, it was the same referees. Just brutal. I hope all the games aren't going to be like this.

Tripwyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 08:56 PM
therealdeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
Not because the refs don't make mistakes. What you are talking about, is not dwelling on the fault of others because you can do more for success from within rather than waiting for someone else to change.

I agree with that if you are a player. Not so much if you are a fan though. If the Refs are doing a lousy job, the league needs to hear about it. The problem I have is that nothing ever happens as a consequence of their lousy officiating. Now if fans got together and boycotted a sponsor of hockey night in Canada as a protest, you would see changes and fast.
Dude, the league would hear about every single call of every single game, fans are totally irrational and generally have an extremely poor grasp of the sport.

We really don't know what happens as a result of poor officiating, I agree that there doesn't SEEM to be accountibility, but the league does have to protect their officials, they can't hang them out pubicly everytime they make bad calls.

The fact of the matter is that the Flames are going to get screwed again this year in a penalty call, or an icing, or a offside, or something like that. They are also going to catch some breaks in that department as well, all that stuff comes out in the wash. The part that as a fan you SHOULD be concerned with was how bad our goalie looks right now, and how poor we look in our own end.

therealdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Flinch*

Quote:

Sad display of humility.

Me too. It'd be great to have a perfectly healthy Bieksa in tonight's lineup against the Caps.

No mention of your car being keyed or getting accosted the other night or anything else, contrary to your thread in the Canucks forum.

This sort of thing isn't solely confined to Nucks fans: I was accosted by two idiots on the 'Dome concourse back in 03/04 and have had a run in with a Marlies fan and a Leafs fan. One incident in about 10 years of going to Nucks/Flames games and about the same for 5 years in Toronto.

Flinch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

So I missed the game and haven't had computer access at all to find the highlights, and i'm too lazy to read the GDT, I just wanna know what lines did Keenan play and was Kipper at fault for the 5 goals?

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 08:51 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneufed View Post
So I missed the game and haven't had computer access at all to find the highlights, and i'm too lazy to read the GDT, I just wanna know what lines did Keenan play and was Kipper at fault for the 5 goals?

First goal was probably the only one he should have had. The other goals were pretty much defensive mistakes.

Bert-Langkow-Iginla
Bourque-Cammalleri-Lombardi
Glencross-Conroy-Moss
Prust-Primeau-Roy

Gio-Phaneuf
Sarich-Regehr
Vandermeer-Aucoin

Those were the lines for most of the game.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Grannys

The fact that Canucks only scored one goal on Washington tonight... does that mean Washingtons D is amazing or that ours really really sucks??

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
First goal was probably the only one he should have had. The other goals were pretty much defensive mistakes.

Bert-Langkow-Iginla
Bourque-Cammalleri-Lombardi
Glencross-Conroy-Moss
Prust-Primeau-Roy

Gio-Phaneuf
Sarich-Regehr
Vandermeer-Aucoin

Those were the lines for most of the game.
Good to see Conroy on the third line, sucks that there's no Boyd, hope he gets in next game which should be less physical vs. the Avs

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote