HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do we have REAL moderators on this board ?

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2004, 12:47 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Do we have REAL moderators on this board ?

I doubt !

Once again, we have an interminable thread about Ribiero-Koivu. More mud slaying because some are in love with one or the other. CHILDISH, immature postings AGAIN !

The team is WINNING for GODSAKE ! We are lucky to have two of the 25-30 best centermen in the league - Ribs is even the 7th best point getter at centre and Koivu would be near if he had not lost time with injury at the start of the year. Both are skilled and talented. AND we have both playing for OUR team !

Old
02-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Carbonneau

Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
ouch, how long till this is closed

Old
02-27-2004, 12:56 PM
habfan4

habitué:

While I share your frustration with the way the board seems to be evolving lately (the language driven or francophone vs anglophone, Ribs vs Koivu threads).

I think PMing the Mods would have been the better way to address the situation.

Old
02-27-2004, 12:58 PM
Guy Caballero

I prefer freedom of speech. If you don't like the thread, don't open it.

Old
02-27-2004, 01:03 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
I prefer freedom of speech. If you don't like the thread, don't open it.
The thread title was about THE NICE MOVE by Ribeiro on Ryder's goal... Suddenly, somebody started to throw **** all over the place... !!!

Old
02-27-2004, 01:15 PM
chicpea*

I personally think the Mods here are some of the best (not ass-kissing ). I am no fan of language wars but c'mon guys, we should not blame that on them. We don't *have* to act like children. We are all friends, non?

Old
02-27-2004, 01:43 PM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué
The thread title was about THE NICE MOVE by Ribeiro on Ryder's goal... Suddenly, somebody started to throw **** all over the place... !!!
What gives you the right to come here and start bashing the mods? This is a totally classless thread and you are a classless poster. The mods are good guys who volunteer their time to keep some sanity around here, they shouldn't be hacked on because you have some issues with a discussion.

I think there is a valid arguement going on in that thread anyways. If you have a beef, PM a mod, and the next time you want to see someone posting CHILDISH, immature postings look in the mirror.

Old
02-27-2004, 01:44 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
That's not cool, and I can understand your frustration, as I thought the whole Ribeiro vs. Koivu story was nonsense from the beginning, but between enduring silly flame wars for a couple of months and censorship, I think the former is the lesser of two evils.

The only threads I support closing down are the ones where some dummy writes a title like, "Habs acquire Shanahan," then starts his post with "I think this would be a great idea."

Old
02-27-2004, 01:54 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I doubt !

Once again, we have an interminable thread about Ribiero-Koivu. More mud slaying because some are in love with one or the other. CHILDISH, immature postings AGAIN !

The team is WINNING for GODSAKE ! We are lucky to have two of the 25-30 best centermen in the league - Ribs is even the 7th best point getter at centre and Koivu would be near if he had not lost time with injury at the start of the year. Both are skilled and talented. AND we have both playing for OUR team !

They cant be here all the time, and we should all be able to moderate the board ourselves. The language issue is getting out of hand, but calling out the mods who work for free isn't the way to go. Everyone is held accountable for what they say, those who are just trying to stir things up will be delt with in time.

Old
02-27-2004, 02:03 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
They cant be here all the time, and we should all be able to moderate the board ourselves.
Agree. Let me ask this: does anyone need a police officer to tell them not to steal? Unlikely. There are always a few bad apples (pommes du mal?) and that's why mods are needed. Ideally they wouldn't have to exercise their power too often, but sometimes they do so, and that's that. Don't blame them for the shortcomings of a few please.

Old
02-27-2004, 02:06 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonneau
ouch, how long till this is closed
agreed

Old
02-27-2004, 02:08 PM
theo6060

Quote:
I doubt !

If people are getting out of hand there is a Report Bad Post option. All you have to do is click on it. And the moderators on this board are great, but they can't be everywhere at one time.

Old
02-27-2004, 02:12 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
If people are getting out of hand there is a Report Bad Post option. All you have to do is click on it. And the moderators on this board are great, but they can't be everywhere at one time.

that is exactly what should be done....and believe me somebody will be by...

as already stated the Mods you have here do an excellant job of volunteering their time..

This is a very busy board and not all posts and posters can be monitored at all times.

You want a better board.. Use the report feature if required.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Closed Thread