HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Stajan Out, Hollweg In?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2008, 11:53 AM
  #1
alienanton*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Leaf Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,061
vCash: 500
Stajan Out, Hollweg In?

stajan has brought absolutely nothing to the first 2 games, at least Hollweg brings energy and violence.

Wilson didn't seem to pleased w/ Stajan's efforts either. So, do you think Hollweg will take Stajan's spot for Mon afternoon?

alienanton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:11 PM
  #2
iPunch
Registered Leafs Fan
 
iPunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,269
vCash: 133
I hope so, Stajan has been playing himself out of the NHL

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:13 PM
  #3
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 20,304
vCash: 500
Let's hope so.

Remember Wilson is not afraid to bench you, no matter who you are. If you play bad, enjoy watching.

I wish Hollweg played last night. I honestly never wish injuries upon anyone but I really wanted him to play just to drive Andrei into the boards.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:18 PM
  #4
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienanton View Post
stajan has brought absolutely nothing to the first 2 games, at least Hollweg brings energy and violence.

Wilson didn't seem to pleased w/ Stajan's efforts either. So, do you think Hollweg will take Stajan's spot for Mon afternoon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
I hope so, Stajan has been playing himself out of the NHL
Mitchell played worse then Stajan last night. Caused the 4 minute double minor... made a bonehead move on the PK that caused the goal.

I thought Stajan played relatively well, in terms of making use of his abilities.


Last edited by Antropovsky: 10-12-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:25 PM
  #5
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,760
vCash: 500
Stralman might also be in tomorrow as Jonas Frogren was not at practice and hobbling around today after taking that puck to his knee yesterday.

Carlo also was in a collision, and feeling a little sore today according to reports from practice.

Hollweg is guaranteed to be in the line-up tomorrow and its likely Stajan or Mitchell that gets the game off, unless someone else comes up lame for the Thanksgiving afternoon game.

__________________
Signature: There is no greater demonstration of Fan patience then to suggest to "Play the Kids " and be willing to accept the consequences of those actions..
Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:28 PM
  #6
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 20,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Stralman might also be in tomorrow as Jonas Frogren was not at practice and hobbling around today after taking that puck to his knee yesterday.
That's a shame. He was definitely one of (if not the) best defencemen yesterday. He did really impress me. Hopefully a quick recovery

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:29 PM
  #7
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Stralman might also be in tomorrow as Jonas Frogren was not at practice and hobbling around today after taking that puck to his knee yesterday.

Carlo also was in a collision, and feeling a little sore today according to reports from practice.

Hollweg is guaranteed to be in the line-up tomorrow and its likely Stajan or Mitchell that gets the game off, unless someone else comes up lame for the Thanksgiving afternoon game.
That collision was pretty harmless.

Wilson looked pretty frustrated when asked about Colaiacovo, almost like he's already tired of Colaiacovo and his tendency to get injured.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:32 PM
  #8
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 20,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
That collision was pretty harmless.

Wilson looked pretty frustrated when asked about Colaiacovo, almost like he's already tired of Colaiacovo and his tendency to get injured.
He's probably tired of getting destroyed, too, and that only happened once.

I feel he will have a nervous breakdown by April.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:45 PM
  #9
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
That collision was pretty harmless.

Wilson looked pretty frustrated when asked about Colaiacovo, almost like he's already tired of Colaiacovo and his tendency to get injured.
Unfortunately for Carlo knees don't bend backwards and as such he has to try and learn to avoid that kind of contact. He already missed a lot of time with a knee injury..

That is why the suggestion to perhaps trade him while he is still healthy might not be too bad an idea. considering the depth we have on D anyways.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:50 PM
  #10
Volcanologist
Habitual User
 
Volcanologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kessel Apocalypse
Country: Germany
Posts: 20,010
vCash: 500
LOL...what a slap in the face of Stajan that would be.

Volcanologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 01:06 PM
  #11
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
LOL...what a slap in the face of Stajan that would be.
Wellwood waived, Stajan benched and Steen struggling.

A bit of reality check being sent to Leaf Nation fans that keep over valuing the Leafs young players, believing they are equal to other teams youth.

It only emphasizes the need more for some quality high picks and good drafting and injection of high end talent.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 01:32 PM
  #12
LTL
Registered User
 
LTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: D.T
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
I hope so, Stajan has been playing himself out of the NHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Let's hope so.

Remember Wilson is not afraid to bench you, no matter who you are. If you play bad, enjoy watching.

I wish Hollweg played last night. I honestly never wish injuries upon anyone but I really wanted him to play just to drive Andrei into the boards.
I 3rd the motion.

Hollweg should be fine with limited ice time and sticking to the one job he has here in toronto, HIT.

LTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:20 PM
  #13
The True Blue Crew
Registered User
 
The True Blue Crew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: steps to the ACC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Wellwood waived, Stajan benched and Steen struggling.

A bit of reality check being sent to Leaf Nation fans that keep over valuing the Leafs young players, believing they are equal to other teams youth.

It only emphasizes the need more for some quality high picks and good drafting and injection of high end talent.
i was never impressed with stajan. coliacovo is a hard case, his got some flashes... steeny's been better this year thus far than last season. give him a chance, i say.

i agree about our youth not on par with zajacs and parises...

The True Blue Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:20 PM
  #14
The True Blue Crew
Registered User
 
The True Blue Crew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: steps to the ACC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Let's hope so.

Remember Wilson is not afraid to bench you, no matter who you are. If you play bad, enjoy watching.

I wish Hollweg played last night. I honestly never wish injuries upon anyone but I really wanted him to play just to drive Andrei into the boards.
i hope you didn't want andrei to get injured? that's a goon thing to do.

The True Blue Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:22 PM
  #15
ugotmybeef*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: LA BABY!!
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Stajan can rot in hell for all I care. No emotion from him at all. It was funny that Stajan was the one in the box for Mitchell's penatly and now Stajan get's the wrath from Wilson.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:28 PM
  #16
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Augustus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Roma in my soul.
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Stajan out on merit.

Hollweg in on contract.

Scratch one underachiever, add one no-talent jerk.

Big change.

__________________
Noah Cross: 'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and ****** all get respectable if they last long enough.
Timothy Fenwick Jr: Do you ever get the feeling that there's something going on that we don't know about?
Boogie: If you don't have good dreams, Bagel, you got nightmares.
Augustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:37 PM
  #17
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW19 View Post
i was never impressed with stajan. coliacovo is a hard case, his got some flashes... steeny's been better this year thus far than last season. give him a chance, i say.

i agree about our youth not on par with zajacs and parises...
We're still a team that cannot make passes. Montreal/Detroit are two teams that can throw the puck from side to side with ease. We had one moment Yesterday, and that was when Kaberle and Blake combined for Antropov's no goal. Outside of that we can't make passes, and only cycle the puck endlessly along the boards.

We desperately need to add some players with puck control ability on our team.

Grabovski has been a breath of fresh air on our team as he doesn't like to play the cycle game, and instead prefers to try to hold onto the puck to make a play. Which makes sense because speed gets players out of defensive position.... even for only a moment. If your playing with it against the boards, then it gives the defense time to get into position. In Today's NHL you have to get the Defense running around, which is exactly what Montreal was doing to us.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:48 PM
  #18
Getcha Dion
Registered User
 
Getcha Dion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Mitchell played worse then Stajan last night. Caused the 4 minute double minor... made a bonehead move on the PK that caused the goal.

I thought Stajan played relatively well, in terms of making use of his abilities.
I thought that Mitchell played pretty well yesterday. He showed hustle, didn't give up on the puck or his man, and created a couple of scoring chances.

Getcha Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:54 PM
  #19
The True Blue Crew
Registered User
 
The True Blue Crew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: steps to the ACC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
We're still a team that cannot make passes. Montreal/Detroit are two teams that can throw the puck from side to side with ease. We had one moment Yesterday, and that was when Kaberle and Blake combined for Antropov's no goal. Outside of that we can't make passes, and only cycle the puck endlessly along the boards.

We desperately need to add some players with puck control ability on our team.

Grabovski has been a breath of fresh air on our team as he doesn't like to play the cycle game, and instead prefers to try to hold onto the puck to make a play. Which makes sense because speed gets players out of defensive position.... even for only a moment. If your playing with it against the boards, then it gives the defense time to get into position. In Today's NHL you have to get the Defense running around, which is exactly what Montreal was doing to us.
all true... i thought we passed better in the season-opener...
but yesterday reminded of last season's squad... i just put my head down a few times passes went too ahead, or too sloppy altogether.

The True Blue Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:08 PM
  #20
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recidivist View Post
Stajan out on merit.

Hollweg in on contract.

Scratch one underachiever, add one no-talent jerk.

Big change.
A team full of players that understand their roles, is going to be more effective then a team full of players who have no idea what their roles are.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:11 PM
  #21
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Augustus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Roma in my soul.
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
A team full of players that understand their roles, is going to be more effective then a team full of players who have no idea what their roles are.
You're right!

Stajan has the role of underachiever.

Hollweg has the role of no-talent jerk.

They play their roles to perfection!

Augustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:11 PM
  #22
bluumax
Registered User
 
bluumax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: england
Country: England
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
id rather play white forward.. my dislike for hollweg is growing for some reason, i liked him in the preseason aswell but i just dont want him on the team

bluumax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:12 PM
  #23
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4ever View Post
I thought that Mitchell played pretty well yesterday. He showed hustle, didn't give up on the puck or his man, and created a couple of scoring chances.
He caused the double minor, and his mistake on the ensuing PK caused a goal. Doesn't matter how "well" you play when you make mistakes that shouldn't be made, that hurt the team.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:15 PM
  #24
ugotmybeef*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: LA BABY!!
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
He caused the double minor, and his mistake on the ensuing PK caused a goal. Doesn't matter how "well" you play when you make mistakes that shouldn't be made, that hurt the team.
it's Stajan's fault.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:19 PM
  #25
bluumax
Registered User
 
bluumax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: england
Country: England
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
He caused the double minor, and his mistake on the ensuing PK caused a goal. Doesn't matter how "well" you play when you make mistakes that shouldn't be made, that hurt the team.
because if it wasnt for that goal.......

it does matter how well you play even if u make some mistakes, if we bash every player that makes a mistake this season its gonna get old. its a young team and theyre gonna make lots of mistakes

bluumax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.