HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Stajan Out, Hollweg In?

Old
10-12-2008, 11:53 AM
alienanton*

vCash: 500
Stajan Out, Hollweg In?

stajan has brought absolutely nothing to the first 2 games, at least Hollweg brings energy and violence.

Wilson didn't seem to pleased w/ Stajan's efforts either. So, do you think Hollweg will take Stajan's spot for Mon afternoon?

alienanton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:11 PM
iPunch
Registered Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
I hope so, Stajan has been playing himself out of the NHL

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:13 PM
mapes

Let's hope so.

Remember Wilson is not afraid to bench you, no matter who you are. If you play bad, enjoy watching.

I wish Hollweg played last night. I honestly never wish injuries upon anyone but I really wanted him to play just to drive Andrei into the boards.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Antropovsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienanton View Post
stajan has brought absolutely nothing to the first 2 games, at least Hollweg brings energy and violence.

Wilson didn't seem to pleased w/ Stajan's efforts either. So, do you think Hollweg will take Stajan's spot for Mon afternoon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
Mitchell played worse then Stajan last night. Caused the 4 minute double minor... made a bonehead move on the PK that caused the goal.

I thought Stajan played relatively well, in terms of making use of his abilities.

Last edited by Antropovsky: 10-12-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Stralman might also be in tomorrow as Jonas Frogren was not at practice and hobbling around today after taking that puck to his knee yesterday.

Carlo also was in a collision, and feeling a little sore today according to reports from practice.

Hollweg is guaranteed to be in the line-up tomorrow and its likely Stajan or Mitchell that gets the game off, unless someone else comes up lame for the Thanksgiving afternoon game.

10-12-2008, 12:28 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Stralman might also be in tomorrow as Jonas Frogren was not at practice and hobbling around today after taking that puck to his knee yesterday.
That's a shame. He was definitely one of (if not the) best defencemen yesterday. He did really impress me. Hopefully a quick recovery

Old
10-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Antropovsky

Quote:

Carlo also was in a collision, and feeling a little sore today according to reports from practice.

Hollweg is guaranteed to be in the line-up tomorrow and its likely Stajan or Mitchell that gets the game off, unless someone else comes up lame for the Thanksgiving afternoon game.
That collision was pretty harmless.

Wilson looked pretty frustrated when asked about Colaiacovo, almost like he's already tired of Colaiacovo and his tendency to get injured.

Old
10-12-2008, 12:32 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post

Wilson looked pretty frustrated when asked about Colaiacovo, almost like he's already tired of Colaiacovo and his tendency to get injured.
He's probably tired of getting destroyed, too, and that only happened once.

I feel he will have a nervous breakdown by April.

Old
10-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:

Unfortunately for Carlo knees don't bend backwards and as such he has to try and learn to avoid that kind of contact. He already missed a lot of time with a knee injury..

That is why the suggestion to perhaps trade him while he is still healthy might not be too bad an idea. considering the depth we have on D anyways.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

LOL...what a slap in the face of Stajan that would be.

Volcanologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
LOL...what a slap in the face of Stajan that would be.
Wellwood waived, Stajan benched and Steen struggling.

A bit of reality check being sent to Leaf Nation fans that keep over valuing the Leafs young players, believing they are equal to other teams youth.

It only emphasizes the need more for some quality high picks and good drafting and injection of high end talent.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 01:32 PM
LTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Let's hope so.

Remember Wilson is not afraid to bench you, no matter who you are. If you play bad, enjoy watching.

I wish Hollweg played last night. I honestly never wish injuries upon anyone but I really wanted him to play just to drive Andrei into the boards.
I 3rd the motion.

Hollweg should be fine with limited ice time and sticking to the one job he has here in toronto, HIT.

LTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:20 PM
The True Blue Crew

Quote:
Wellwood waived, Stajan benched and Steen struggling.

A bit of reality check being sent to Leaf Nation fans that keep over valuing the Leafs young players, believing they are equal to other teams youth.

It only emphasizes the need more for some quality high picks and good drafting and injection of high end talent.
i was never impressed with stajan. coliacovo is a hard case, his got some flashes... steeny's been better this year thus far than last season. give him a chance, i say.

i agree about our youth not on par with zajacs and parises...

The True Blue Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:20 PM
The True Blue Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Let's hope so.

i hope you didn't want andrei to get injured? that's a goon thing to do.

Old
10-12-2008, 02:22 PM
ugotmybeef*

Stajan can rot in hell for all I care. No emotion from him at all. It was funny that Stajan was the one in the box for Mitchell's penatly and now Stajan get's the wrath from Wilson.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor

Stajan out on merit.

Hollweg in on contract.

Scratch one underachiever, add one no-talent jerk.

Big change.

Augustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Antropovsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW19 View Post
i was never impressed with stajan. coliacovo is a hard case, his got some flashes... steeny's been better this year thus far than last season. give him a chance, i say.

i agree about our youth not on par with zajacs and parises...
We're still a team that cannot make passes. Montreal/Detroit are two teams that can throw the puck from side to side with ease. We had one moment Yesterday, and that was when Kaberle and Blake combined for Antropov's no goal. Outside of that we can't make passes, and only cycle the puck endlessly along the boards.

We desperately need to add some players with puck control ability on our team.

Grabovski has been a breath of fresh air on our team as he doesn't like to play the cycle game, and instead prefers to try to hold onto the puck to make a play. Which makes sense because speed gets players out of defensive position.... even for only a moment. If your playing with it against the boards, then it gives the defense time to get into position. In Today's NHL you have to get the Defense running around, which is exactly what Montreal was doing to us.

Old
10-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Getcha Dion

Quote:
Mitchell played worse then Stajan last night. Caused the 4 minute double minor... made a bonehead move on the PK that caused the goal.

I thought Stajan played relatively well, in terms of making use of his abilities.
I thought that Mitchell played pretty well yesterday. He showed hustle, didn't give up on the puck or his man, and created a couple of scoring chances.

Getcha Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:54 PM
The True Blue Crew

Quote:
We're still a team that cannot make passes. Montreal/Detroit are two teams that can throw the puck from side to side with ease. We had one moment Yesterday, and that was when Kaberle and Blake combined for Antropov's no goal. Outside of that we can't make passes, and only cycle the puck endlessly along the boards.

We desperately need to add some players with puck control ability on our team.

Grabovski has been a breath of fresh air on our team as he doesn't like to play the cycle game, and instead prefers to try to hold onto the puck to make a play. Which makes sense because speed gets players out of defensive position.... even for only a moment. If your playing with it against the boards, then it gives the defense time to get into position. In Today's NHL you have to get the Defense running around, which is exactly what Montreal was doing to us.
all true... i thought we passed better in the season-opener...
but yesterday reminded of last season's squad... i just put my head down a few times passes went too ahead, or too sloppy altogether.

Old
10-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Antropovsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recidivist View Post
Stajan out on merit.

Hollweg in on contract.

Scratch one underachiever, add one no-talent jerk.

Big change.
A team full of players that understand their roles, is going to be more effective then a team full of players who have no idea what their roles are.

Old
10-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
A team full of players that understand their roles, is going to be more effective then a team full of players who have no idea what their roles are.
You're right!

Stajan has the role of underachiever.

Hollweg has the role of no-talent jerk.

They play their roles to perfection!

Augustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:11 PM
bluumax

id rather play white forward.. my dislike for hollweg is growing for some reason, i liked him in the preseason aswell but i just dont want him on the team

bluumax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Antropovsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4ever View Post
I thought that Mitchell played pretty well yesterday. He showed hustle, didn't give up on the puck or his man, and created a couple of scoring chances.
He caused the double minor, and his mistake on the ensuing PK caused a goal. Doesn't matter how "well" you play when you make mistakes that shouldn't be made, that hurt the team.

Old
10-12-2008, 03:15 PM
ugotmybeef*

Quote:
He caused the double minor, and his mistake on the ensuing PK caused a goal. Doesn't matter how "well" you play when you make mistakes that shouldn't be made, that hurt the team.
it's Stajan's fault.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:19 PM
bluumax

Quote:
because if it wasnt for that goal.......

it does matter how well you play even if u make some mistakes, if we bash every player that makes a mistake this season its gonna get old. its a young team and theyre gonna make lots of mistakes

bluumax is offline   Reply With Quote