HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

was malakhov being showcased?

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2004, 09:07 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
was malakhov being showcased?

looked like vlad was being showcased tonight, there was no reason for him to play and the nob to sit out, he could be a nice depth guy to have for a team expecting to go a few rounds cause injuries still happen in the playoffs and vlad as a 5-6 guy is better than pushor! i wonder if he will be packaged in a deal with kovalev to the wings but it looks like these 2 should be the first players on their way out

i just wonder what vlad can bring back if anything? but he is a ufa after this season, he plans on retiring, he wants out

Old
02-26-2004, 11:32 PM
NYR2

Honestly, who would want him?

Old
02-26-2004, 11:46 PM
Barnaby

Who knows? I wouldnt mind him as a 6th or 7th d-man off the bench. Maybe a 4th for him?

Old
02-27-2004, 12:28 AM
rickyrod

if i were sather, i'd eat the rest of his salary and trade him straight up for a 4th rounder. he is retiring at the end of the season anyway.

Old
02-27-2004, 02:12 AM
NYR2

Man, I would love to get something for him, I just don't see it happening unfortunately. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Old
02-27-2004, 02:15 AM
deathbear

why is he so bad now? the guy when he was with the islanders, albeit a long time ago, was really impressive.

i never see him play, but i just remember what i heard about him.

Old
02-27-2004, 04:42 AM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Maybe the Habs could use him?

Old
02-27-2004, 05:53 AM
Hammerwise

Malakhov won't be worth more than a 5th. And even thats pushing it.

Somebody will want him for a 6th or 7th dman spot though, but I'd say a 5th is the absolute ceiling he'll get.

Old
02-27-2004, 08:36 AM
Jackson Ranger

I thought Malakhov played well last night after a long layoff. As far as trading him though, good luck. I wasn't too impressed with his play for the Devils when they picked him up for the playoffs a few years back. Add to that he is retiring after this year and I'm sure old Vlady just wants to get the hell out of Dodge.

Old
02-27-2004, 08:52 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Perhaps Bobo is expected to be moved today and Sather didn't want him to get injured last night. He's signifigantly more valueable to Malakhov at this point.

Old
02-27-2004, 08:57 AM
Fletch

If you can get...

a 5th (Nigel Dawes), 6th (Mike York) or 7th (Vrbata) round pick (sorry, just picking players off the top of my head that were drafted in those rounds) for Malakhov, then great. As was mentioned, he is retiring after this season and there's no reason to have him in the Rangers' lineup. A pure rental, obviously, and anything that can be gotten for him would be great.

Old
02-27-2004, 10:05 AM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerwise
Malakhov won't be worth more than a 5th. And even thats pushing it.

Somebody will want him for a 6th or 7th dman spot though, but I'd say a 5th is the absolute ceiling he'll get.
Disagree entirely here...if you can get an 8th for Pushor and a 4th for Weinrich...

Old
02-27-2004, 11:17 AM
Potter

Send a message via AIM to Potter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
Disagree entirely here...if you can get an 8th for Pushor and a 4th for Weinrich...
Gusarov cost us a 5th and got us a decent prospect (at the time) in smrek. granted smrek didn't work out, he was worth Gusarov... WHO WAS TERRIBLE, WAY WORSE THAN MALADOG.

Old
02-27-2004, 11:32 AM
Fish

He's also "won a cup"...

At any rate, the market will determine his value and there appears to be a number of teams looking for defensive help. Malakhov is a UFA this summer, but is coming off an injury...I would guess he's probably worth a 4th or 5th rounder...

Old
02-27-2004, 11:41 AM
HockeyIsDiferentHere

vCash:
Anybody know why Mironov was not dressed last game?

Old
02-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Fish

The report in one of the papers this morning said that Renney sat him for "performance reasons"

Old
02-27-2004, 11:59 AM
HockeyIsDiferentHere

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
The report in one of the papers this morning said that Renney sat him for "performance reasons"

I guess that shows what kind of idiot Renney is. Mironov along with DevRies have been our most solid and consistant defensemen this season, but he rather play a puke like Purinton over Mironov. Sather and his whole "coaching" staff needs to be ran out of town.

Old
02-27-2004, 12:52 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIsDiferentHere
I guess that shows what kind of idiot Renney is. Mironov along with DevRies have been our most solid and consistant defensemen this season, but he rather play a puke like Purinton over Mironov. Sather and his whole "coaching" staff needs to be ran out of town.
I'd hold off calling Renney an idiot because there are a whole lot of other things that could be attributed to "performance reasons". I've now heard from two independent sources that have been to practices under Sather saying that they were disorganized and were lacking direction.

Perhaps with Renney now in charge, Mironov was still looking to practice the way they did under Sather...perhaps he's about to be traded...

At the very least "the most consistent defensemen this season" on one of the worst defenses in the league is hardly a ringing endorsement. I'd also challenge that assertion in and of itself, though I don't know that it's fair to single him out given the general team performance of late.

Old
02-27-2004, 02:47 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIsDiferentHere
No wonder our defense is crap.

Closed Thread