HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Were and Are the Stajan's, Steen, Coli etc.Really Part of our Future?

Old
10-13-2008, 09:46 AM
ugotmybeef*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
Wow.....just wow!

I remember for a couple of years now a couple of other posters and myself never really saw anything special in Steen and Stajan and people around here used to jump all over it. How many you actually thought Steen had first line potential? 80% maybe? Alot of you thought Stajan was a second line center in this league too. Cola was going to be a very good top 4 dman in this league who run the PP with Kaberle. I really wish I had the patience to go back and maybe look for these threads so you can see how many of you had different ideas about these players futures.

I knew Stajan was no more than an average 3rd/4th line player
Steen would be no more than a good third line player
Cola was a bottom pairing dman

Let's not forget about all who thought Wellwood was a superstar in the making where a handful of us thought he was complete garbage.

Alot of you here overhype everything the Leafs either have or do. Only know you are starting to realize what a handful realized 2-3 years ago.
I knew they were garbage but Toronto makes them feel like gods. I was referring to others thought and why I started this thread.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:45 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Wow.....just wow!

I remember for a couple of years now a couple of other posters and myself never really saw anything special in Steen and Stajan and people around here used to jump all over it. How many you actually thought Steen had first line potential? 80% maybe? Alot of you thought Stajan was a second line center in this league too. Cola was going to be a very good top 4 dman in this league who run the PP with Kaberle. I really wish I had the patience to go back and maybe look for these threads so you can see how many of you had different ideas about these players futures.

Let's not forget about all who thought Wellwood was a superstar in the making where a handful of us thought he was complete garbage.

Alot of you here overhype everything the Leafs either have or do. Only know you are starting to realize what a handful realized 2-3 years ago.
Get the patience and go back and read all of those threads to see what people actually said because to me you're just making crap up to make yourself look smart.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:56 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Wow.....just wow!

Wow.....just wow!

You are really going out on a limb here.

Perhaps since you dislike everything so much about the Leafs you could find another team that you might appreciate.

Tell you what, when the hard times are over we'll let you know and maybe some diehard will give up a seat on the bus for you.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Joey Hoser

Quote:
Wow.....just wow!

Let me say on behalf of everyone here, that we're sorry. We should have realized we're nothing but a bunch of fan-boy homers with no concept of what a good hockey player is.

Please, forgive our past foolishness, and show us all the way. We need you around here more than ever.

Joey Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 11:12 AM
McFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotmybeef View Post
Question: At one time or another, these guys were counted on the future of the franchise and were supposed to become good players sometime in the future. Many of us thought these guys were the core guys in the future and these guys have potential to be stars. Players like Wellwood and Steen had good rookie seasons but were never ever surpassed their rookie season highs. Now, Wellwood is gone, Steen is still struggling somewhat, Stajan and Coliacavo are now this team's trade bait. What do you think happen to them over the years? Why did we overrate them to be part of the future? It's obvious the future is Kulemin, Pogge, Tlusty, Stralman, Schenn etc.

It's been two games lets all relax and see how they progress over this season.

As for the future being Tlusty, Stralman among others, I see these two specifically being no different or more special than Alex Steen. Tlusty hasn't shown me nearly the ability to be as effective as Steen was in his rookie season.

McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 11:13 AM
ugotmybeef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFly View Post
It's been two games lets all relax and see how they progress over this season.

As for the future being Tlusty, Stralman among others, I see these two specifically being no different or more special than Alex Steen. Tlusty hasn't shown me nearly the ability to be as effective as Steen was in his rookie season.
Steen was good because we had a great powerplay, notice 9 and around 20 of his points came on the PP.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Wow.....just wow!

You are really going out on a limb here.

Perhaps since you dislike everything so much about the Leafs you could find another team that you might appreciate.

Tell you what, when the hard times are over we'll let you know and maybe some diehard will give up a seat on the bus for you.
He doesn't dislike the leafs, he's just saying how he knew those 3 players wouldn't amount to the unrealistic expectations give by "diehard" fans.

If your definition of being "diehard" is to accept mediocrity, I think you need a new dictionary.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 12:11 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotmybeef View Post
Steen was good because we had a great powerplay, notice 9 and around 20 of his points came on the PP.
Notice he was rarely part of the first unit and usually played the second portion which was not nearly as effective? Allison/Welly - Sundin - Tucker were the main unit. Steen was tried a bit, but not really. Lindros/O'Neill played mainly when Sundin was out.

EazyB97 is online now   Reply With Quote