HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Imagine...

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2008, 09:04 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Imagine...

If all of a sudden Prucha remembered how not to suck and started putting pucks in? We'd have 3 lines with some damn serious scoring threat.

Ah well, one can dream.

p.s. maybe shanny on the 3rd line isn't such a bad idea after all...

Old
10-12-2008, 09:10 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
p.s. maybe shanny on the 3rd line isn't such a bad idea after all...
It is.

He's not capable of keeping up with them.

Old
10-12-2008, 09:16 PM
vladmyir111

Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
It is.

He's not capable of keeping up with them.
Yea I think we all know this, but want someone on that line so bad that has a scorer's touch.

Old
10-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Rangers2319

vCash: 1039
i agree with the threadstarter

Old
10-12-2008, 09:27 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
They should really do what's right and ship Prucha out before his confidence is permanently shattered. I'm not convinced Prucha ever really knew how to score; his rookie season was also like the second best of Jagr's career.

Shanahan is looking to win a cup, but is not an ingredient for a cup-bound team... he could be useful for teams like Atlanta or Phoenix, even Chicago... but he wouldn't go to any of those teams.

Sjostrom is the best option for 3rd LW... he had that goal last night and almost had the goal of the year the day before,

Size it up: Shanahan is slow, sluggish and fragile with average hands but still a good shot...

Prucha isn't much faster, also average hands, very weak, poor shot, good energy...

Sjostrom is lightning, he's big and physical, great two-way energy, budding offense... he's a Sjo-in for the third line.

Old
10-12-2008, 09:31 PM
vladmyir111

Not sold on Sjo aside from his speed, and I'm still amazed Prucha can't score anymore. Yes Jagr was there, but Jagr didn't take Prucha's hands and shoot the puck for him. He missed so many open nets and golden oportunities last year it's insane. That's just a confidence thing and I don't know if he can regain it here...would be nice though.

Old
10-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
He sure isn't getting a chance to do **** right now is he? Why start this thread? I get it if he was playing but he's not. Can't score from the press box. All I know is he looked damn effective on that line in preseason and a playstation game bumps him to the rafters..........did I get this about right?

Old
10-12-2008, 09:37 PM
vladmyir111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
He sure isn't getting a chance to do **** right now is he? Why start this thread? I get it if he was playing but he's not. Can't score from the press box. All I know is he looked damn effective on that line in preseason and a playstation game bumps him to the rafters..........did I get this about right?
Yea you did, there's no game tonight so you have to cry about thread content instead of Zherdev's back-checking

In all seriousness though, this thread is about a 3rd line that's this close to being something more than a filler while the other 3 are on the bench resting.

Old
10-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
Yea you did, there's no game tonight so you have to cry about thread content instead of Zherdev's back-checking

In all seriousness though, this thread is about a 3rd line that's this close to being something more than a filler while the other 3 are on the bench resting.
Okay I am not saying anything bad about the line, whatever works works. But to wish for Prucha to score from the press box is not right. Not even the Godly Zherdev can score from the press box even though i'm sure I will hear some argue otherwise.

Old
10-12-2008, 09:46 PM
TheZherdev

Lol maybe if renney gave him more than 2 games at a time and actually play him long enough on a set line to finally ****ing jell, its possible he can do it. Seriously when was the last time Prucha was left in the roster for an extended period of time and at the same time not bounce around from line to line almost every other game.

Honestly Renney doesn't give him any chance at all. Interesting fact, Chris Drury has as many goals as Prucha. Prucha just needs an extended chance and not feel like hes got renney breathing down his back every time hes on the ice.

Old
10-12-2008, 09:48 PM
NHLsnipers

Pruchas success in 05-06 was all because of Jagrs success. Then teams started doubling Jagr and Rangers brought in other stars and Prucha was pushed to the back.

Majority of his goals were backdoor or rebound goals. he isnt a real 30 goal scorer.

Old
10-12-2008, 09:49 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Okay I am not saying anything bad about the line, whatever works works. But to wish for Prucha to score from the press box is not right. Not even the Godly Zherdev can score from the press box even though i'm sure I will hear some argue otherwise.
I completely agree. Prucha did look good in pre-season. It really is unfair how he is being treated by fans and the coach. Just play the damn kid for a couple games. The kid just needs his grove.

Old
10-12-2008, 09:52 PM
vladmyir111

I think what kills Prucha the most is that whenever someone replaces him for a game they almost always get a highlight reel goal and make Renney second guess giving him another chance.

The key for him is to get lucky and score a goal the first game he gets put back in and build on that.

Old
10-12-2008, 10:30 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
There are plenty of Shanny threads. And plenty of Prucha threads. And plenty of threads that this could have gone.