HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryder Returns - Don't Boo

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-01-2008, 09:58 PM
  #1
Kikizaz
Registered User
 
Kikizaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Are we really so quick to dismiss?

Micheal Ryder was booed whenever he touched the puck and had his name chanted "in derision."* Are we really so quick to forget our three time goal scoring leader? While he might not have been our best player he was often there for us when times were not so bright. I knew he would probably not expect a great time when he returned to Montreal, but did we really need to boo him in an exhibition game?

I was hoping for more out of our fans.


oh well.



*http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251387&l...=secStory_main

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:00 PM
  #2
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
maybe 10% of ppl booed him.. and perhaps 5% chanted his name. It was just as a joke, i doubt anyone dislikes him.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:02 PM
  #3
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
maybe 10% of ppl booed him.. and perhaps 5% chanted his name. It was just as a joke, i doubt anyone dislikes him.
It's still stupid beyond belief.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:04 PM
  #4
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille
 
CastroLeRobot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 726
vCash: 500
he chose to join the BRUINS










CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:06 PM
  #5
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
People have become that sensitive about this stuff?

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:07 PM
  #6
brownman*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastroLeRobot View Post
he chose to join the BRUINS









Not really a need for the smilie, it's quite true

Not that I'd boo him, it's like booing a retard

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:09 PM
  #7
Westcoasthabsfan
Registered User
 
Westcoasthabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In Pandoras Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
Micheal Ryder was booed whenever he touched the puck and had his name chanted "in derision."* Are we really so quick to forget our three time goal scoring leader? While he might not have been our best player he was often there for us when times were not so bright. I knew he would probably not expect a great time when he returned to Montreal, but did we really need to boo him in an exhibition game?

I was hoping for more out of our fans.


oh well.



*http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251387&l...=secStory_main
Sure why not? Does it bother you, fans pay and can boo if they want...expect it all year when the Bruins come to town

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:12 PM
  #8
Spectaculard
Registered User
 
Spectaculard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,205
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Here we go again...

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:15 PM
  #9
TCIH
Registered User
 
TCIH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500
Oh for the love of...

Grow thicker skin. Seriously. I'm tired of fans, whether they be fans of this team or other teams, acting so shocked or appalled at booing and jeering by fans at hockey games.

It's called atmosphere. I'm willing to bet that Ryder won't go back to his hotel room and cry himself to sleep, so why should you be so offended? Were you expecting a delegation of fans to come out to the ice and present a "Thanks for the goals!" Hall-mark card? It's a business, he signed with another team, and the fans are having some fun.

And this may alarm you, but when Cristobal Huet (likely) comes to the Bell Center March 31st with the Blackhawks, the fans will boo him too. I know, outrageous right? I'll give him a call, lest he actually show up and suffer major ego bruising.

TCIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:16 PM
  #10
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityIsHockey View Post
Oh for the love of...

Grow thicker skin. Seriously. I'm tired of fans, whether they be fans of this team or other teams, acting so shocked or appalled at booing and jeering by fans at hockey games.

It's called atmosphere. I'm willing to bet that Ryder won't go back to his hotel room and cry himself to sleep, so why should you be so offended? Were you expecting a delegation of fans to come out to the ice and present a "Thanks for the goals!" Hall-mark card? It's a business, he signed with another team, and the fans are having some fun.

And this may alarm you, but when Cristobal Huet (likely) comes to the Bell Center March 31st with the Blackhawks, the fans will boo him too. I know, outrageous right? I'll give him a call, lest he actually show up and suffer major ego bruising.
I'm tired of idiots making me pass as an idiot with them. If you are an idiot be an idiot on your own...dont drag others along with you. Plain and simple.

That guy scored many key goals for us....he was a key part of the 5 goal comeback game. The least we could do is show our appreciation for those moments on his first game back. Then if you want to boo him...fine.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:16 PM
  #11
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
I must admit that I like the fact that the Bell Center is a bad arse place for opposing players. I like that we are partial and vocal and not PC.

I like our fans.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:20 PM
  #12
HamrlikTheStud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Yipee! Let's all get EMO!

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:25 PM
  #13
WeezyHabFan
Registered User
 
WeezyHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,029
vCash: 500
Dear Ryder,

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:26 PM
  #14
TCIH
Registered User
 
TCIH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I'm tired of idiots making me pass as an idiot with them. If you are an idiot be an idiot on your own...dont drag others along with you. Plain and simple.

That guy scored many key goals for us....he was a key part of the 5 goal comeback game. The least we could do is show our appreciation for those moments on his first game back. Then if you want to boo him...fine.
Not sure what the bolded has to do with this. Are you worried that people will look down on you because you're a Canadiens fan, and some people were booing him? It's their problem for generalizing, not yours.

As for the second paragraph... show our appreciation how? I don't think applause every time he touched the puck would be fitting. Just plain ignoring the name on his back would be an alternative if you feel booing him would be too offensive or unwarranted. But thinking the people at the game were classless for booing him? Give me a break.

TCIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:26 PM
  #15
Spectaculard
Registered User
 
Spectaculard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,205
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I'm tired of idiots making me pass as an idiot with them. If you are an idiot be an idiot on your own...dont drag others along with you. Plain and simple.

That guy scored many key goals for us....he was a key part of the 5 goal comeback game. The least we could do is show our appreciation for those moments on his first game back. Then if you want to boo him...fine.
For the record, I've never booed a hab player in my life and probably never will. BUT, Ryder is now a Bruin. I will not try and stop anyone fron booing him. They can do whatever they want and its not like it will hurt his feelings.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:29 PM
  #16
WeezyHabFan
Registered User
 
WeezyHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
For the record, I've never booed a hab player in my life and probably never will. BUT, Ryder is now a Bruin. I will not try and stop anyone fron booing him. They can do whatever they want and its not like it will hurt his feelings.
thanks.


Dear Ryder,

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:30 PM
  #17
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
I'm sure Michael is going to lose sleep over this, throwing paper planes to the ceiling all night long.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:30 PM
  #18
brownman*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
its not like it will hurt his feelings.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:34 PM
  #19
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityIsHockey View Post
And this may alarm you, but when Cristobal Huet (likely) comes to the Bell Center March 31st with the Blackhawks, the fans will boo him too. I know, outrageous right? I'll give him a call, lest he actually show up and suffer major ego bruising.

I don't know. Huet was pretty much a godsend compared to what we expected him to be like, and he saved us from sinking with the Theo ship. He always gave us a great chance to win games, and I remember how his name first got chanted during games, the fans really fell in love with him. I don't think they'll be so cruel to a guy so many people were sad to see go.

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:35 PM
  #20
tdecheno
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
Hahaha **** Ryder. He crapped the bed in his UFA season. How he got 4 million a year I will never know.

I'm also looking forward to Streit putting up 20 or so points with the scrubs they have on Long Island.

tdecheno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:36 PM
  #21
TCIH
Registered User
 
TCIH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I don't know. Huet was pretty much a godsend compared to what we expected him to be like, and he saved us from sinking with the Theo ship. He always gave us a great chance to win games, and I remember how his name first got chanted during games, the fans really fell in love with him. I don't think they'll be so cruel to a guy so many people were sad to see go.
I know I wouldn't boo him. I just think once on person does it, so will will others, as it becomes more and more contagious.

Thing is, like Ryder, I'm pretty sure he realizes that despite the reaction he gets while he's trying to beat the team these fans are cheering for, people still appreciate what he's done for the organization. It's nothing personal, it's just participation.

TCIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:37 PM
  #22
tdecheno
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I don't know. Huet was pretty much a godsend compared to what we expected him to be like, and he saved us from sinking with the Theo ship. He always gave us a great chance to win games, and I remember how his name first got chanted during games, the fans really fell in love with him. I don't think they'll be so cruel to a guy so many people were sad to see go.
Exactly, Huet gave it his all every night. Ryder just seemed like he didn't give a **** 90% of the time.

tdecheno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:37 PM
  #23
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=SpreeEndaz;15656410 throwing paper planes to the ceiling all night long.[/QUOTE]

All fun and games until you poke your eye out :

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:40 PM
  #24
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,614
vCash: 500
I think boooing ex Habs who served us well is a classless act and stupid beyond belief. Hell, how could Ryder not take $12 million to play for the Bruins when Gainey had NO interest in keeping him. Why boo him??

It goes beyond Ryder, why boo Hossa, or Crosby etc??? Some fans will boo Streit and Sundin (if he comes back) as well.

I get boooing players who slighted the Habs or who did something to irritate the fan base, but Ryder was always a classy guy who never complained about being benched and led us in goals for a couple of years. I for one appreciate and acknowledge his contributions and applaud him it and will not boo, unless he scores a goal against us.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:45 PM
  #25
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!
 
Vinceee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Amos, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,411
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
i was at the game and let me say Chanting opposing players name does work... he looked so nervous with the puck and so stiff!


Last edited by Vinceee: 10-01-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.