HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Three of Four Lines Are Set

Old
10-11-2008, 09:50 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Three of Four Lines Are Set

That's my opinion. Lines 1, 2, & 4 are set (I'm liking Sjostrom on line four with Betts & Orr). The only line that I'm having issues with is line 3. Dawes looked bad, Rissmiller didn't look good nor bad, Fritsche hasn't played and Prucha I thought looked like the better of the three who have played. Also Korpikoski hasn't done much yet either, I hope he can wake up. At least he had a good preseason though. Best player on that line so far is Callahan.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 10-11-2008 at 09:58 PM.
WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Gotta think we'll see Korpikoski-Fritsche-Callahan get a try next game, then give Prucha another try if that doesn't click, and if nothing does by the end of the week there will probably be a move made.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 10:12 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Sjostrom should be on the 3rd line, in Callahan's spot.

If we are basing everything on performance so far, how does Callahan's pointless season mean more then Sjostrom's season when Sjo scored, with offensively challeneged Or and Betts?

It amazes me how some people refuse to look at these players.

Orr can't skate and has no business being in the lineup EVERY game.

Callahan skates hard, and can't score. He hasn't set up anyone either.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 10:24 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

naslund-gomez-drury
voros-dubinsky-zherdev
dawes-korpikoski-callahan
sjostrom-betts-orr

redden-rozsival
staal-mara
kalinin-girardi

lundqvist
valliquette

scratch---fahey,fritsche,prucha

thats what i go with....trade rissmiller

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 10:26 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Why?

Why shouldn't Sjostrom be rewarded an opportunity on a higher line, with guys with more talent?

And Fritsche, who has had double digit goals in the NHL last year and the year prior continues to be scratched?

Orr does NOT need to play every game. other then his obligatory fight in the first 5 mins of the game, he is absolutely useless.

Sjostrom and Fritsche need a better look.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 10:27 PM
The Thomas J.*

Evantually that line will be Korp, Cally & Shanny.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 10:32 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Why?

Why shouldn't Sjostrom be rewarded an opportunity on a higher line, with guys with more talent?

And Fritsche, who has had double digit goals in the NHL last year and the year prior continues to be scratched?

Orr does NOT need to play every game. other then his obligatory fight in the first 5 mins of the game, he is absolutely useless.

Sjostrom and Fritsche need a better look.
And they'll get that look, but based on play that's what i go with.

You can't have dawes sitting and rotting away, i think his game is going to come-- and no it won't come with him on the 4th line. He needs minimum 3rd line minutes. Also, Callahan to me is a 3rd line player more then a 4th line player b/c he has a very nice shot, and has the speed too....and to my eyes is a better finnisher then prucha, and sjo.

talent wise callahan and sjostrom have some differences that edges callahan over sjo. Sjo has more speed then cally....while cally has the better shot, and more grit to his game.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

I think they should leave Dawes on the Korpedo line.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 10:36 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:

If we are basing everything on performance so far, how does Callahan's pointless season mean more then Sjostrom's season when Sjo scored, with offensively challeneged Or and Betts?

So they should take the best player on that line off? That doesn't make much sense.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
I agree in keeping Dawes on that line.........we all agree Callahan stays on the Right side and I want them to give Korpikoski time...............I think they will as he is defensively responsible

I do think Fritsche gets in next game

Prucha is the guy who should be moved as it is just Stupid to pay a guy 1.6 million to rotate in the lineup

I don't mind Rissmiller but he should sit with all the depth

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

From what I've seen:

Naslund - Gomez - Drury (1a)
Voros - Dubi - Zherdev (1b)
Sjostrom/Fritsche - Korpikoski - Cally
Fristche/Sjostrom - Betts - Rissmiller/Orr

As well as Orr has been playing, I think there are some nights where he isn't a necessity. Rissmiller was actually pretty solid out there tonight, and I think Prucha/Dawes is a waste on the 3rd or 4th line as neither are that great defensively.

I'm still a little iffy on Korpi as a center, he just doesn't seem as productive since he was moved there.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 11:00 PM
TheHotRock

i think dawes will eventually claim that third line spot, but i wanna see fritche get a look there.

leave korpikoski as the 3rd line center, he hasn't been standing out, but he had a good first period tonight and he hasn't been making mistakes.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 11:51 PM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
i think dawes will eventually claim that third line spot, but i wanna see fritche get a look there.

leave korpikoski as the 3rd line center, he hasn't been standing out, but he had a good first period tonight and he hasn't been making mistakes.
He's been easily one of the most defensively responsible players on the ice.
(Korpedo)

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 11:55 PM
NYROrtsFan

It should be Fritche or Prucha... Rismiller is just too slow and doesn't have that relentless attitude that someone like Voros has.

Prucha has a very good quick twitch and can finish. Would work with Korpedo. SHould not be Dawes or Rissmiller though. THey both stink... Especially rismiller.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:27 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
It should be Fritche or Prucha... Rismiller is just too slow and doesn't have that relentless attitude that someone like Voros has.

Prucha has a very good quick twitch and can finish. Would work with Korpedo. SHould not be Dawes or Rissmiller though. THey both stink... Especially rismiller.
I am afraid he cant

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 01:39 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I agree in keeping Dawes on that line.........we all agree Callahan stays on the Right side and I want them to give Korpikoski time...............I think they will as he is defensively responsible

I do think Fritsche gets in next game

Prucha is the guy who should be moved as it is just Stupid to pay a guy 1.6 million to rotate in the lineup

I don't mind Rissmiller but he should sit with all the depth
Yeah... let's leave the guy who has been invisible every game he's played. Don't put Prucha, the guy who was flying all over the ice with Korps/Cally creating chances back in.... that would be stupid.... I'll give Korps a bit of a leash cause he's a rookie getting his feet wet. Put him between Pru/Cally. That line was GOOD in Prague. Give them a chance to do something.....

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 07:19 AM
jrd303

I hope they don't trade anyone. I love the depth and the competition it's creating. It also allows Renney to tweak the lineup based on who were playing and when the flu hits or there's some injuries it will prove invaluable. I hope they don't make a trade just to make a trade. Save that for the deadline when we can see where the team is at and what we need for a push.

Orr has to play against the Flyers that's a given. You go with your big lineup against them. Burrish was playing for the Hawks on Friday. Again Orr has to play. Orr will be playing again on Monday. Solidly.

Orr gets rewarded with playing time cause he busts his ass and does everything that's asked of him on and off the ice. He's also shown improvement for his ice time and he's responsible enough not to take stupid penalties. I think Renney loves how far he's come in his development and wants to see where he can take him. He's not a weak link in the lineup at all anymore. He does what you ask of a fourth liner and is always a positive presence out there. On top of that he's our best enforcer since Kocur. It gets a little tiring hearing people dog him all the time. If you think of how far the Orr's come since he's been here he deserves nothing but praise.

jrd303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 07:19 AM
hockymavn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
From what I've seen:

Naslund - Gomez - Drury (1a)
Voros - Dubi - Zherdev (1b)
Sjostrom/Fritsche - Korpikoski - Cally
Fristche/Sjostrom - Betts - Rissmiller/Orr

As well as Orr has been playing, I think there are some nights where he isn't a necessity. Rissmiller was actually pretty solid out there tonight, and I think Prucha/Dawes is a waste on the 3rd or 4th line as neither are that great defensively.

I'm still a little iffy on Korpi as a center, he just doesn't seem as productive since he was moved there.
i would change to this:

Naslund- Gomez-Drury
Voros-Duby-Zherdev
Fritsche-Korpo-Cally
Sjo-Betts-Rissmiller

Fritche gives third line some scoring and Cally needs to be the screen in front of net it worked on second line and should work for third as well I agree on Orr he doesn't or hasn't produced much. I also thougt Rissmiller looked okay last night and could use another look

hockymavn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 07:28 AM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd303 View Post
I hope they don't trade anyone. I love the depth and the competition it's creating. It also allows Renney to tweak the lineup based on who were playing and when the flu hits or there's some injuries it will prove invaluable. I hope they don't make a trade just to make a trade. Save that for the deadline when we can see where the team is at and what we need for a push.

Orr has to play against the Flyers that's a given. You go with your big lineup against them. Burrish was playing for the Hawks on Friday. Again Orr has to play. Orr will be playing again on Monday. Solidly.

Orr gets rewarded with playing time cause he busts his ass and does everything that's asked of him on and off the ice. He's also shown improvement for his ice time and he's responsible enough not to take stupid penalties. I think Renney loves how far he's come in his development and wants to see where he can take him. He's not a weak link in the lineup at all anymore. He does what you ask of a fourth liner and is always a positive presence out there. On top of that he's our best enforcer since Kocur. It gets a little tiring hearing people dog him all the time. If you think of how far the Orr's come since he's been here he deserves nothing but praise.
I dont mind keeping the extra guys around. but I honestly think rissmiller serves no purpose on this team. Hew we sould let go.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 07:44 AM
beastly115

Quote:

Orr plays because that one time he doesn't play, our players get run/injured. Not worth it.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 08:15 AM
hockymavn

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Orr plays because that one time he doesn't play, our players get run/injured. Not worth it.
so we sit Callahan and insert Fritche - see how this works

Last edited by hockymavn: 10-12-2008 at 08:15 AM. Reason: mispell
Old
10-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

I'd like to try Fritsche-Korpo-Cally

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 08:55 AM
hockymavn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I'd like to try Fritsche-Korpo-Cally
so the fouth line would be?

Old
10-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Garv23

Honestly, I don't get all the Dawes love. What has the guy done since net 2 against Brodeur early last year? Don't get me wrong, I know he has tons of offensive talent, but he's fallen into Prucha status with me. I'd like to see Fritsche get a shot on that 3rd line.

Other than that, I'm diggin' lines 1, 2 and 4 as well.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 09:19 AM
DutchShamrock

Rismiller didn't look bad especially for his first game but he isn't won't play every game and I don't think they can justify having a $1m 13th forward with our cap issues.

People lost confidence in Dubinsky in the early goings last season. Korp won that spot and he has new linemates every night. He makes some mistakes (rookie), but by and large he has a great hockey mind and he and Callahan create tremendous pressure in the offensive zone. Sooner that later goals will come.

I'm huge on Dawes but he has shown nothing this year. If he's eligible to go down to Hartford I can see that happening but I hope they give him at least through October. I can't justify it with his play, only with philosophies and morals and whatever other argument not based on play.

Gotta see Fritsche but he's a C/RW, not exactly the open spots. He's going to be traded.

Callahan is a lock.

The 4 rotating forwards here are basically inviting, sending a limo, and rolling out a red carpet for Shanahan. It almost seems inevitable now.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote