HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BREAKING NEWS: Cherepanov passes away

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50

Old
10-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
What a terrible terrible news. I feel like I knew this guy very good. My prayers are with his family and his friends. Rest in piece Лёха.
His last minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFWXoVnhahE
For the respect of Cherepanov... That definately should NOT have been posted on Youtube.

Old
10-13-2008, 09:45 PM
McMonster

I can't watch that

Old
10-13-2008, 09:46 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmac View Post
Rangers vice president of PR John Rosasco spoke to Jaromir Jagr, who told him that he and Alexei Cherepanov had just come down on a 2-on-1 together and skated back to the bench before Cherepanov collapsed. Contrary to earlier reports, Cherepanov never collapsed on the ice.
Also, Jagr said there was no issue with medical equipment, as had also been previously reported.

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Jagr hitting him I think is just a rumor, it doesn't sound like it actually happened.
so Ironic. We consider ourselves very lucky (at least I did) for this kid to fall to us in the draft and we all got very pumped about him..Jagr leaves us but we are ok with it because Alexei would be coming back the other way a year later...with a year of playing under Jagr's wing... Jagr tells him all about NYR and the city and the kid was prob so excited to get over here and now this.... the whole Jagr hitting in the heart/head would have really sealed this as one of the most bizarre hockey triangles stories ever.

RIP Alexie, I was so looking forward to watching you grace our ice. At least he passed away doing something he loves and if there is a heaven I know hes up there skating with some of the greats right about now.

Old
10-13-2008, 09:47 PM
tmf2204

I've read virtually every single post of this thread, and I too wanted to send my deepest sympathies to Alexei's family, friends, teammates, fans, everyone who's been touched by this oh-so-young man's life. As a Wings fan we've endured the Konstantinov, Fischer, and Grigorenko tragedies, but thankfully we were lucky in that each one was able to pull through. I simply can't imagine what you guys must be feeling right about now, and what Vancouver and Calgary fans already had to go through this year. And really, what all of us are going through right now. Unbelievable.

But as more info is slowly pouring in, it's an absolute disgrace that there was no AED on site for defibrillation. Heart massage or adrenaline wasn't gonna cut it. Immediately when he underwent sudden cardiac arrest electrical shock HAD to be administered to re-establish his normal heart rhythm. If it was done in the first few minutes he would have had a 90% chance of survival (after 4-6 minutes there's risk of permanent brain damage; after 10 minutes there's virtually no chance of survival). 15-20 minutes waiting for an ambulance was simply too late, way, way too late.

If you want more info this site explains it pretty well:

http://www.accessmedical.com/sudden_cardiac_arrest.html

Quote:
We know, based on studies at cardiac rehabilitation centers, that of those SCA victims receiving defibrillation therapy within the first minutes after collapse, more than 90 percent survive to be discharged from hospital. The National Center for Defibrillation warns that, "In more typical community settings, victims of SCA rarely survive. Why? Most victims do not have immediate access to prompt, definitive treatment. Too much time elapses before the defibrillator arrives—if it arrives at all."
Alexei wasn't in a "typical community setting," he was in a ****ing hockey arena.

May he skate with the angels, and I know it's not much consolation, but congratulations on your 5-0 start.

Old
10-13-2008, 09:48 PM
zOMG

oh my god. r.i.p kid

Old
10-13-2008, 09:49 PM
KingLundqvistXXX
Confetti & Balloons

I've been watching all the sad youtube videos that keep getting posted...

Old
10-13-2008, 09:50 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post

Is Z crying?

Old
10-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Real_Estate-Agent

Sometimes we have to take a step back to reflect.

I will always remember what the priest said to me after my wife died (way, way too young)...

Old people always die,
Young people sometimes die,
That is the way it always has been,
That is the way it always will be...

My sincere condolences to his family, friends, teammates & fans..........

Old
10-13-2008, 09:53 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

I offer my most heartfelt condolences to the Cherepanov family and the Rangers org. A terrible loss for the hockey world.

RIP

Old
10-13-2008, 09:53 PM
levski87

Is Z crying and also did Z actually know Cherry? Or ever play with him? If someone could clarify that , thanks.

Old
10-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
Is Z crying?
I'm not sure, this is the caption: "New York Rangers forward Brandon Dubinsky comes over and kisses the helmet of Nikolai Zherdev who was sitting alone on the bench before a moment of silence for Rangers prospect Alexei Cherepanov"

Old
10-13-2008, 09:58 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Quote:
I'm not sure, this is the caption: "New York Rangers forward Brandon Dubinsky comes over and kisses the helmet of Nikolai Zherdev who was sitting alone on the bench before a moment of silence for Rangers prospect Alexei Cherepanov"
I noticed that the cameramen closed up on him during the moment of silence. Let's hope Zherdev isn't hurt that much.

Old
10-13-2008, 09:59 PM
McMonster

Is he really kissing his helmet?... If so, that is a really nice gesture by Brandon

Old
10-13-2008, 10:03 PM
BeantownEMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
What a terrible terrible news. I feel like I knew this guy very good. My prayers are with his family and his friends. Rest in piece Лёха.
His last minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFWXoVnhahE
I honestly don't think that this should have been posted. It is so wrong in many ways but please have respect for him and his family.

Old
10-13-2008, 10:04 PM
levski87

So.. as to my question, does Z in any which way know Chere or ever play with him?

Old
10-13-2008, 10:05 PM
NewYorkStranger

Unbelievable. Terrible loss, I feel for his family.

Old
10-13-2008, 10:05 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantownbruins View Post
I honestly don't think that this should have been posted. It is so wrong in many ways but please have respect for him and his family.
This is the internet. You can pretty much expect that even the worst things will eventually come to the surface

Old
10-13-2008, 10:09 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantownbruins View Post
The title is the only thing that bothers me.

Old
10-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Avs9500

First off I want to give out my condolences to Cherepanov and his family, he was a great player who will be very missed. His passing shouldn't have happened.

Old
10-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Where did you get those pictures from?

Old
10-13-2008, 10:15 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Before i head off for the night, just want to say another prayer for Alexei and his family, friends, team mates, and everyone close to him, and fellow fans.

This hit the whole hockey world. And the world it's self always gets a little more dim when a young life is taken too soon.

Great kid, and much too young.

I feel gutted. It's so horrible.

I'm gonna miss him, even though didn't know him personally. I became a huge fan of his since the day he was drafted.

God Speed Alexei, hope you are skating like the wind somewhere up there.

Old
10-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Spalfredsson

Quote:
Very heart touching gesture by Dubinsky.. that's the kind of player everybody loves to have on their team, pure class.

Rest in Peace Alexei, try not to break too many Russian hockey records when you're playing up there!

Old
10-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Nemchinov13

Rest in peace.

There is a lot to be said... but all is unnecessary.

It's just horrible. We, as fans, feel terrible. I can't even begin to imagine what his parents feel. I feel so sorry for his parents.

Old
10-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Hey guys, until further notice I am going to allow this thread stay open past the 1,000 post mark.