HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Top Prospect Cherepanov passes away during hockey game

Old
10-13-2008, 04:54 PM
HABsurde

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road for the 25th View Post
Well, I joined you and blasted them...

"Votre niveau de journalisme est totalement pathétique... il y a environ 1 heure, Alexei Cherepanov rendait l'âme. On ne parle pas ici d'un simple résultat sportif, on parle d'un adolescent qui est décédé en jouant au hockey. C'est un moment tragique pour, évidemment, la famille et les proches d'Alexei, mais aussi pour la communauté entière de fans et de joueurs de hockey à travers le monde. Malgré que Cherepanov était voué à une carrière incroyable, cette nouvelle n'est pas seulement tragique du point de vue sportif, mais surtout du point de vue humain.

Comment pouvez-vous mettre cette nouvelles dans un petit coin de votre site, en laissant la victoire des Als en page principale? C'est vraiment désolant de remarquer le niveau de "Montréalisation" de RDS... Vous devriez changer votre nom pour RDSEQ, le Réseau des Sports Exclusivement Québécois, car toute nouvelle majeure ne parlant pas des Habs, des Alouettes, de l'impact ou des feux Expos ne seront accordé aucune importance..."

Hopefully I'll get a reaction from them...
would you and all the others get a grip.... As sad a news this story is, it is a young russian player in a league in europe that sadly died, i would say that 90% of the usual listener or reader of RDS don't know squat about Cherapanov, so RDS should not just stop the press and change everything on their board for this terrible news.

And if you consider that it is an holiday, and maybe all news coming from russia needs to be double and triple check, maybe they hesitate to make it their top stories

As much as i feel for the Cherapanov family and his friend and that for them the universe stop spinning for awhile today, it is not the case for the rest of us.

RDS is mostly devoted to quebecer and for most of the quebecers, the als win will matter more than the death of a young hockey none of them ever heard before...

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 04:54 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I may get flamed for this, but RDS pretty much doesn't give a **** unless it's the Habs or a Quebec born player involved on the hockey side.
Bourdon wasn't a Quebecer...

But they drop to a new low on this one, just shamefull... who gives a **** about the Als winning a meaningless game while a teenager just died playing hockey!

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 04:55 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

still in shock over this.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Scotianhab

R.I.P. Alexei.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Bourdon wasn't a Quebecer...

But they drop to a new low on this one, just shamefull... who gives a **** about the Als winning a meaningless game while a teenager just died playing hockey!
Not defending them, I've e-mailed them tons of time to give them **** about all sorts of subjects....but this is RDS we're talking about here. They are always concentrating on the locals for their healine and the biggest news after appears first on the right.

They could tell you that it does appear on the headline of their hocke section but not the general one.....I know....not good enough....But I would be surprised to know how many of the RDS viewers know who Cherepanov is.....I wonder how many RDS journalists know really who he is....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
would you and all the others get a grip.... As sad a news this story is, it is a young russian player in a league in europe that sadly died, i would say that 90% of the usual listener or reader of RDS don't know squat about Cherapanov, so RDS should not just stop the press and change everything on their board for this terrible news.

And if you consider that it is an holiday, and maybe all news coming from russia needs to be double and triple check, maybe they hesitate to make it their top stories

As much as i feel for the Cherapanov family and his friend and that for them the universe stop spinning for awhile today, it is not the case for the rest of us.

RDS is mostly devoted to quebecer and for most of the quebecers, the als win will matter more than the death of a young hockey none of them ever heard before...

Good point though, I appreciate what you're saying but I think simply putting the Cherepanov story as the main story link on their homepage would've showed proper respect, as NHL.com, Sportsnet.ca (although they have a sequence of 5 top stories) and TSN.ca has done... I obviously don't expect the same amount of coverage as if a Habs player would pass away, but it's still tragic news in the world of hockey.

TSN took a while before putting it up there, obviously because of the credibility of Russian media outlets, but now the story has been confirmed by many North American media outlets for several hours..

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:05 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not defending them, I've e-mailed them tons of time to give them **** about all sorts of subjects....but this is RDS we're talking about here. They are always concentrating on the locals for their healine and the biggest news after appears first on the right.

They could tell you that it does appear on the headline of their hocke section but not the general one.....I know....not good enough....But I would be surprised to know how many of the RDS viewers know who Cherepanov is.....I wonder how many RDS journalists know really who he is....
He was most probably as known as Luc Bourdon was...

I send them an email to, why not, here it is:

Bonjour,

Je suis plutôt déçu du traitement réservé à la nouvelle du décès d'Alexei Cherepanov. Tandis que la nouvelle du décès de Luc Bourdon faisait la une de votre site pendant plus de 24h, à juste titre, celle de Cherepanov ne vaut-elle pas plus d'importance qu'une vulgaire victoire, nullement importante en plus, des Alouettes? La vie de Cherepanov ne vaut-elle pas autant que celle de Luc Bourdon? Pourquoi cette différence de traitement? Est-ce parce que l'un est Canadien et l'autre... justement un autre, qu'on se fiche de lui?

J'aimerais vous rappeler qu'un jeune homme de 19ans est décédé en jouant au hockey...ce que des milliers de jeunes Québécois et Canadiens font à chaque jour, est-ce normal de banaliser cette nouvelle?

Questionnez-vous sur vos priorités!

Old
10-13-2008, 05:08 PM
johnnyboo

NY TIMES ARTICLE

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...s-during-game/

johnnyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Bourdon played in the Q, he also had a handful of games in the NHL. He was definitely more known than Cherepanov, especially in the quebec region.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Max et Guillaume

Well here's what I got:
Bonjour, Vous avez votre façon de voir les choses et avez droit à votre opinion. Nous avons des décisions à prendre au niveau éditorial et nous l'avons prise dans ce cas-ci également. L'équipe de RDS.ca

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:14 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

I remember the kid on the draft day, I liked him....wow, terrible, terrible news

RIP Alexei!!!!

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:16 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Well here's what I got:
Bonjour, Vous avez votre façon de voir les choses et avez droit à votre opinion. Nous avons des décisions à prendre au niveau éditorial et nous l'avons prise dans ce cas-ci également. L'équipe de RDS.ca
Pathetic..

Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I just don't see how he could be. We've seen Bourdon played in the Q, in the World Juniors for Canada and was known 'cause even if he wasn't a Quebecer, some journalists wondered why we had picked Price instead of guys like him. And then 'cause he was a frenchie, was seen as a Quebecer even if he was from New-Brunswick.

Again, I'm not saying it's right. Cherepanov HAS to be well-known 'cause on talent alone he was top 5 in his draft year. So any fans who follow the drafts, any journalists who follow hockey and anybody who's in charge of choosing who makes the headlines and who doesn't need to know this kid. But they don't.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Bourdon played in the Q, he also had a handful of games in the NHL. He was definitely more known than Cherepanov, especially in the quebec region.
My mother didn't know about Bourdon before his death, so did the majority of my friends who don't follow junior hockey...

...and I would say that the vast majority of people who follow junior hockey were the ones who knew who Bourdon was and I would be shock if the majority of them didn't know who Cherepanov was.

Old
10-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Well here's what I got:
It's a business decision. Stop being pansies and understand this.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:22 PM
LilWinger11

I was hoping he would come to NA next year, and I was selfishly hoping he'd be in the AHL, at least briefly, so I could see him play in Hartford

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1651
RDS explained themselves...

NO MORE MEDIA POSTS IN THIS THREAD

keep it clean, It is dedicated to the memory of alexei cherepanov.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Bumjoo Wang*

I keep remembering Zholtok's death again and again tonight. At least we have memories from Sergei, with Alex it's just what could have been..

Bumjoo Wang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Galchy27

This is absolutely devastating. I am in complete shock right now. I remember last year I watched the Rangers draft him on TV... First Renaud, then Bourdon, and now Cherepanov. I cannot believe this.

R.I.P. Alexei.

Galchy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3641566

New York Rangers prospect Alexei Cherepanov suffered an apparent heart attack during a game Monday night in Russia, collapsing on the bench, and died. He was 19.

heart attack...

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

I just partially heard the news on the radio. I'm in total shock right now.

RIP Alexei.

10-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Belso

Sad To hear. My condolences to the family...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

RIP Cherepanov

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:47 PM
King Kovalev

Rip