HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone else think Quintal has to go?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2004, 08:51 PM
  #1
Schwang
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Kingston, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Anyone else think Quintal has to go?

I don't care if this guy drops the gloves once in a while. I'm sick of seeing him cost us goals. For those of you who have seen most of the games over the last 2 years, you have to agree with me that there is no other defencemen in the league who deflects more pucks into his own net than Quintal! He did it again just a couple games ago (NY game?) He just stands there and pucks go off him. It's not bad luck, it's where and how he's standing!

Then, tonight against the Bruins, he totally loses that little turd Green and allows hime to tie the game! What the hell was he doing? He's slow and he's gotta go! Komi should be playing regularly!

Schwang is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 08:55 PM
  #2
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
This is his last year, so don't worry he is gone in a couple of months.

He might not be doing so well this year, but he really played well for us last year. Plus Souray is his partner and that hurts alot.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 09:13 PM
  #3
EaGLE1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 500
I think Quintal & Rivet should quit after this season. And we should keep Bouillon.

1.souray
2.markov
3.brisebois
4.?
5.Komisarek
6.Bouillon

EaGLE1 is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 09:14 PM
  #4
tnq
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
i don't know what you guys are expecting but everybody make mistake and Quintal is not first class defense man. If every hab defense man can play as good as Pronger, we are champion right now, ha ha ha

tnq is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 09:20 PM
  #5
zednik 20 fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnq
i don't know what you guys are expecting but everybody make mistake and Quintal is not first class defense man. If every hab defense man can play as good as Pronger, we are champion right now, ha ha ha
yeah but our defense are ridiculously slow. Quintal and Rivet are responsible for this and with Komi not fully ready yet, it doesn't look good at all. Theodore is saving their ass out there! I guess we just wait for the youngster to replace Rivet/Quintal,... but i really have enough of them

zednik 20 fan is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 09:21 PM
  #6
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan69
Geez one day it's Rivet and now that he scored a big goal it's time to go after Quintal? what if he scores who's next?
Traverse! Come on Habs fans let's all unite in thinking Traverse is the one that needs to go.

Munchausen is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 09:22 PM
  #7
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
This moaning and groaning and moaning and groaning and moaning and groaning and moaning and groaning and moaning and groaning moaning and groaning and moaning and groaning moaning and groaning and moaning and groaning moaning and groaning and moaning and groaning moaning and groaning and moaning and groaning moaning and groaning and moaning and groaning moaning and groaning and moaning and groaning moaning and groaning is INSANE.

STOP THIS BS MOANING AND GROANING!

Mooch is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 09:36 PM
  #8
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
I think Quintal & Rivet should quit after this season. And we should keep Bouillon.

1.souray
2.markov
3.brisebois
4.?
5.Komisarek
6.Bouillon
What?

In an arguement for Rivet he is younger and offers more offensively to the team and Q is getting up there in age, not to mention Hainsey and Kommy are probably fulltime next year.

Souray
Markov
Brisebois
Rivet
Komisarek
Bouillion
Hainsey

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 09:42 PM
  #9
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
I think Quintal & Rivet should quit after this season. And we should keep Bouillon.

1.souray
2.markov
3.brisebois
4.?
5.Komisarek
6.Bouillon
I say Keep Rivet and ditch Bouillon!


Sourray Komiserek
Markov Rivet
Hainsey brisebois

Mats NAslund is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 09:44 PM
  #10
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Huh Quintal is alright.

It was just pure bad luck that the puck hit him before getting in the goal on both occasions, come on.

GO HABS GO

Malakhov is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 09:46 PM
  #11
Dragon
Registered User
 
Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Who are you going to replace Quintal with?
Hainsey is not ready.
Komisarek is not ready, we already used a NHL spot to develop him. He is not ready for full duty

Souray, Markov, Brisebois, Rivet, Quintal are our top 5 defencemen in the whole organization. Quintal bring size to the corp. Good or bad, he played his heart out for this team.

Bouillon is just a filler and he was available on waiver wire proved that.

Sometime it is better if we can appreciate with what we have.

Dragon is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 10:27 PM
  #12
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang
I don't care if this guy drops the gloves once in a while. I'm sick of seeing him cost us goals. For those of you who have seen most of the games over the last 2 years, you have to agree with me that there is no other defencemen in the league who deflects more pucks into his own net than Quintal! He did it again just a couple games ago (NY game?) He just stands there and pucks go off him. It's not bad luck, it's where and how he's standing!

Then, tonight against the Bruins, he totally loses that little turd Green and allows hime to tie the game! What the hell was he doing? He's slow and he's gotta go! Komi should be playing regularly!
Quintal isn't a great defenseman by any stretch of the imagination but he has done a decent job this season and has been a strong physical presence in the defensive zone. It is Quintal's job to stand in front of the net and clear the crease and he does a very good job of this, unfortunately standing in the crease can sometimes lead to some ill-timed deflections but I would rather that than a player like Traverse not taking the man and watching uncontested rebounds or passes being swatted into the net. I remember Craig Ludwig used to have quite a few goals banked off of his ski's but there was no denying his effectiveness at clearing the crease and sacrificing his body to keep the puck out of his own net.

As far as having Komisarek take Quintal's spot, Komisarek simply isn't ready for that responsibility and has been repeatedly burned this season when given the opportunity to play an increased role. When Souray returns, Komisarek should be back in the press box because he isn't currently one of our top 6 d-men.

Estimated_Prophet is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 12:25 AM
  #13
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang
there is no other defencemen in the league who deflects more pucks into his own net than Quintal!!


What about all those Bouillon deflected goals off his stick.

montreal is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 12:51 AM
  #14
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
I say Keep Rivet and ditch Bouillon!


Sourray Komiserek
Markov Rivet
Hainsey brisebois
Agree I don't wanna see Bouillon next year, enough already!

VAN-HAB is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 01:10 AM
  #15
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Agree I don't wanna see Bouillon next year, enough already!
Agreed! Bubbles shows a lot of heart, but his talent just does not match the NHL speed of the game...

I've seen Bouillon screw up a lot this year...

IMO even more so than Quintal.

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 01:33 AM
  #16
Necrophile
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
I for one just hope that Komi can step up his game and allow management to let Quintal go next season. I also hope that Hainsey can *earn* Bouillon's spot next year.

If the two youngsters progress, then the best 6 D-men we can put on the ice next year is this, IMO:

LEFT

Souray, Markov, Hainsey

RIGHT

Rivet, Brisebois, Komisarek

Necrophile is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 09:23 AM
  #17
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet
It is Quintal's job to stand in front of the net and clear the crease and he does a very good job of this, unfortunately standing in the crease can sometimes lead to some ill-timed deflections but I would rather that than a player like Traverse not taking the man and watching uncontested rebounds or passes being swatted into the net. I remember Craig Ludwig used to have quite a few goals banked off of his ski's but there was no denying his effectiveness at clearing the crease and sacrificing his body to keep the puck out of his own net.
That was the point I was going to make to a tee.

Quintal has never been a top two dman in the NHL, but he is a loyal soldier who follows orders.
Alot of the things Quintal does aren't notice by the fans enough and is part of the reason he gets slammed so much on boards like this. Julien and Gainey realize that Quintal still has value or they wouldn't be giving him the minutes he is getting. If you were to average out mistakes per minute Quintal's number would low compared to the average NHL dman. Granted he doesn't make many of the great plays, especially offensively, but.....

Darz is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 11:17 AM
  #18
Schwang
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Kingston, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
That was the point I was going to make to a tee.

Quintal has never been a top two dman in the NHL, but he is a loyal soldier who follows orders.
Alot of the things Quintal does aren't notice by the fans enough and is part of the reason he gets slammed so much on boards like this. Julien and Gainey realize that Quintal still has value or they wouldn't be giving him the minutes he is getting. If you were to average out mistakes per minute Quintal's number would low compared to the average NHL dman. Granted he doesn't make many of the great plays, especially offensively, but.....
If he's not a top 2 d-man, then why is he getting so much ice time? He is always out there during critical situations when he shouldn't be (just like Rivet). Our penalty killing has gone in the toilet (not just because of him, I know). My point is, he costs us a lot of goals. Just the last few games, how many goals has he cost us? 2 or 3 at least. One off his skate, one where he let Green go when he HAD him, and one where he tried to block a shot and ended up screening Theo. Now, granted, we have been playing well and winning, but that doesn't change the fact that he's washed up and too slow for the game. I don't question the guy's heart, but his ability. I watch every game and I'd be willing to bet money that Quintal costs us a couple goals within the next 3 games.

Schwang is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 11:50 AM
  #19
BigM1ke
Registered User
 
BigM1ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Drummondville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
I say Keep Rivet and ditch Bouillon!
What the hell??? Why is everyone ditching Bouillon this year? He's one of your best defencement. He's our fastest defencemen, he plays with emotion, he's physical, he's able to pass, he's able to make some good offensive zone transition.

I'm tired of this. One day we talk **** about Brisebois, the next day it's Rivet, after Quintal, and now we have to get rid of Bouillon??

GIMME ME A *** BREAK

BigM1ke is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 11:59 AM
  #20
Duster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
What the hell??? Why is everyone ditching Bouillon this year? He's one of your best defencement. He's our fastest defencemen, he plays with emotion, he's physical, he's able to pass, he's able to make some good offensive zone transition.

I'm tired of this. One day we talk **** about Brisebois, the next day it's Rivet, after Quintal, and now we have to get rid of Bouillon??

GIMME ME A *** BREAK
I don't think anyone is talking about ditching Bouillon really. He's a real bulldog. The problem is he can't handle power forwards like Thornton and company in the defensive zone no matter how much he tries. This was made even more obvious in the recent game against Boston. That means he has limited use against teams like Philly, Boston, Toronto and other teams who play a physical game.

Duster is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 12:08 PM
  #21
tchendoh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montréal
Posts: 354
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to tchendoh Send a message via MSN to tchendoh Send a message via Yahoo to tchendoh
I think Quintal should come back next year but as a 5-6th d-man instead of a top 2 like he is now...

The problem is, I don't think Komi will be ready that soon to take his place...

tchendoh is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 01:54 PM
  #22
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster
I don't think anyone is talking about ditching Bouillon really. He's a real bulldog. The problem is he can't handle power forwards like Thornton and company in the defensive zone no matter how much he tries. This was made even more obvious in the recent game against Boston. That means he has limited use against teams like Philly, Boston, Toronto and other teams who play a physical game.
Yes I agree with this one too... Every time a big team comes in, Frankie can't handle the big guys... I'd prefer if Frankie was our #7... Because he's got a lot of heart, and can play some good games... Unfortunately he's not so good in others. Esp. when overpowered.

Marchy79 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.