HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Souray believes he's ahead of schedule...

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2004, 02:25 PM
DirtyJeeves

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Souray believes he's ahead of schedule...

From Melnick: Souray's told Gainey that his knee is feeling much better and that he expects to be back in the lineup sooner than first expected.

Great news.

They'll also be playing "in-depth" clips from Gainey's press conference today. That's coming up pretty soon. www.team990.com

Old
02-25-2004, 02:26 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJeeves
From Melnick: Souray's told Gainey that his knee is feeling much better and that he expects to be back in the lineup sooner than first expected.

Great news.
Praise the Lord!

Old
02-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Subban Fan

Great news...Go Souray Go!!!

Old
02-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Habsolution

I hope he doesn't rush his come back. We're not really in danger of missing the playoffs so he should take all the time necessary.

Old
02-25-2004, 07:00 PM
rulin

That's great news for the team! But I hope Souray isn't rushing his return. Be patient, Souray, we'll need you 100% for the playoffs!!!

Old
02-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
I hope he doesn't rush his come back. We're not really in danger of missing the playoffs so he should take all the time necessary.
He said himself when he got injured he wanted to make sure he was 100% before coming back so I'm not worried about it. Souray's a warrior but he's also someone who knows what coming back from a serious injury too soon can do to a career.

Old
02-25-2004, 08:42 PM
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
He said himself when he got injured he wanted to make sure he was 100% before coming back so I'm not worried about it. Souray's a warrior but he's also someone who knows what coming back from a serious injury too soon can do to a career.
Exactly, he went through it a couple of years ago playing hurt and look at the result. I am sure he will wait until he is ready to come back.

Old
02-26-2004, 12:38 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Great news, we sure can use his presence on the ice

Old
02-26-2004, 10:17 AM
Darz

Hopefully we can continue to play as well as we have the past couple of games...that should take the pressure off an earlier than he should return by Souray, but if we start to struggle agian don't be surprised if Souray's return is expedited.

Ditto Bulis.

Old
02-26-2004, 05:59 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
The man missed just about two years because of his wrist. I honestly think that if he took that much time for his wrist, missing an extra week because of his wouldn't bother him.

Old
02-27-2004, 02:36 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic
The man missed just about two years because of his wrist. I honestly think that if he took that much time for his wrist, missing an extra week because of his wouldn't bother him.
The man missed just about two years because of his wrist, I honestly think that he's freakin' tired of being injured and will want to get back in the line up as soon as he can.

Of course one would believe that he knows better than to rush a come back but you never know with those guys. They've got hearts bigger than their brain on certain occasions (ie Roenick) and if they feel the team needs them ...

I was just expressing the opinion that Souray can take as much time as he wants because there's no hurry for him to come back.

Old
02-27-2004, 03:00 AM
Necrophile

If I were a dressing room leader in the Habs, I'd step up and tell the team to play with intensity every game in order to secure that playoff spot and let Souray and Bulis come back at their own pace.

I hope that when Souray and Bulis are nearing a comeback, the team will be solidly positioned to make the playoffs.

Old
02-27-2004, 04:28 AM
swiftsure1786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
If I were a dressing room leader in the Habs, I'd step up and tell the team to play with intensity every game in order to secure that playoff spot and let Souray and Bulis come back at their own pace.

I hope that when Souray and Bulis are nearing a comeback, the team will be solidly positioned to make the playoffs.
yes Souray will have a huge impact on our team and it will be nice to see his shot back on the PP. Bulis will also be an important comeback. The guy adds a lot of the samll things crucial to a team.

Old
02-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftsure1786
yes Souray will have a huge impact on our team and it will be nice to see his shot back on the PP. Bulis will also be an important comeback. The guy adds a lot of the samll things crucial to a team.
Not to rain on the parade but knee injuries are very tricky. It think Souray is being optimistic unless it's a light sprain. If this was the case, he'd be playing with a knee brace right now. The reality is that it takes minimum six weeks in most cases. This does not include the two weeks or so it takes to get back into game shape.

Closed Thread