HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs Beat Flyers 5-3

Old
10-14-2008, 12:57 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Sergei Kostitsyn = MVP of the season so far !!

you can bet on it MVP at the end of the season.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 12:58 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
Love it when the boys score quick goals while I take a doof
That's what you get when you hold out throughout the intermission.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 01:13 AM
bib
#believe

Here's the Lats-Lupul fight...not much to it really

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 01:45 AM
Slick Nick

This team is going to be fun to watch this season. I love having 3 scoring lines, and can't wait to have BGL cruising around in games like tonight's..

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 02:03 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Another great game by Gorges, nothing flashy - will probably never make the highlights - but damn! Did he improved or what!

Always thought he'd be a 6th D at best... but every game he plays he look more and more like our future #4!

On a side note, the main reason for the W tonight : firepower.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 02:04 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

call me crazy, but I haven't seen much fire from Kovalev yet.

he is looking a bit 'ho hum' out there. maybe he is realizing he doesn't have to be the man every night to win this season I dunno. Or maybe it's a veteran starting up another long season and not shifting into higher gear quite yet.

HellasLEAF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 02:32 AM
A1
Everything is awful

Even though it's only the 3rd game, I wanted them to win so badly. A little redemption for the whole team. Good character win coming from behind after an awful second. Price kept us in the game in the second, the Flyers could've easily been up by 3 or 4 going into the 3rd. Glad Kostitsyn got credit for his assist. Kovalev does look ho hum out there. I can't believe how good Sergei is playing, I thought he would regress this year. Latendresse is majorly improved. Lapierre had a good game, by far his best. Way too many penalties by the Habs, especially in the 3rd. Hamrlik goal looked like a set play drawn on a board that was just executed flawlessly. How much longer must we endure Dandenault? He contributes nothing! I was petrified he was going to score into the empty net and get 3 more games of playing time. We have 6 4th liners on the roster. I'm still not a fan of O'byrne, guy just can't seem to move the puck. Can't wait for Higgins to be back and round out that 3rd line, not that it needs any help with the way Sergei and Lang are playing. LMAO at Price shoving his stick up Gorges ass.

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 02:58 AM
Kosti46

An interisting note. Did anyone else notice that on all of the first 4 Canadien goals tonight one of the Kostitsyn brothers either scored it or assisted on it? The only goal they were not part of was the last empty net goal by Begin.

Wow these guys are going to help take us to the cup VERY SOON.

On to 25.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 03:06 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post

he is looking a bit 'ho hum' out there. maybe he is realizing he doesn't have to be the man every night to win this season I dunno. Or maybe it's a veteran starting up another long season and not shifting into higher gear quite yet.
If Kovalev doesn't hit the post tonight, on top of being robbed by Biron, you wouldn't be saying that.
You're going to see a lot more balanced scoring this year. Even if it was still balanced last year. We just have a lot more options, for the first time in a long time, it feels we actually have a good FULL TEAM.
Granted its still too early but we now have Tanguay-Guillaume-S.Kost-A.Kost-Kovalev-Plek-Lang-Koivu and Higgins when he comes back, that can all produce. On top of having Markov and Hamrlik that are going to be productive Ds.
Last year was already pretty balanced, but this year is even more. Plus, guys like A.Kost/Lats/S.Kost look a lot more confident and the addition of a 3rd capable offensive center really is what makes us that much more powerful.

They say third time's a charm. We missed with Bonk, then with Smokes. Lang replacing Smolinski looks to be a huge difference maker so far, giving us the depth we always wanted.

Getting carried away a bit, only been 3games, But we look solid.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 03:13 AM
TCIH

Quote:

I've noticed he hasn't been as lethal as he was last season; fumbling with the puck in his skates, losing it in a turnover when he'd normally stickhandle through an opposing player.

He doesn't seem to have the little things down yet which make him so dangerous, but I think he'll get it together as the year rolls along.

Last edited by TCIH: 10-14-2008 at 03:33 AM.
TCIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 03:20 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

There's been flashes. There'll be more when the powerplay meshes.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 08:46 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Another great game by Gorges, nothing flashy - will probably never make the highlights - but damn! Did he improved or what!

Always thought he'd be a 6th D at best... but every game he plays he look more and more like our future #4!

On a side note, the main reason for the W tonight : firepower.
I was going to post the same thing. Gorges had a tremendous game and was a key on the pk.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:08 AM
habs_fan_73

I'm not worried about Kovalev... The machine is gearing up slowly and it's not like he generates nothing! He had good chances and made good moves... and that pass to Hamrlik... and the hit on Sbisa... His desire to win makes no doubt in my mind. Same thing with the rest of the team... You can feel the commitment to win and were only 3 games in the regular season...

habs_fan_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I'll echo some of what was said earlier, we did not play our best game. At times we looked tired and lethargic and Price went down early on the 1st 2 goals. In the 3rd though they really turned it on, which is the mark of a very good team. The Koivu line was probably our worst, but the Lang and Plekanec ones picked up the slack.
Lang and S.Kost seem to have a nice chemistry.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:56 AM
DDIHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I really can't wait for BGL to lace them up and settle things on the ice.
We don't need him, Lapierre can drop gloves this year

DDIHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Turboflex*

Carbo shortened the bench in the 3rd, Briesbois, Obyrne and the Koivu line basically got sat the whole period.

Briesbois was so awful, he is too weak to handle bucks like Carter and Richards, his passing is really overrated too, I saw some terrible ones up the middle.

Boy does Gainey need to get a vet D man or what? We're boned if we go into playoffs with Breezer as our 7th guy and someone goes down (even Bouillon, imagine Markov?). I guess he'll wait until January so he can get more salary.

Also Koivu's line: Not fully gelling yet. I like Latendresse but I don't think he has the NHL seasoning yet to play the shifty passing game that Koivu and Tanguay do, seems lost with them. He'll be better playing a more meat and potatoes game with Lang and Sergei while we know that Higgins and Koivu have timing down.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Pascal

don't worry about Kovy.. it's a contract year.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:10 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Fan View Post
Random thoughts about tonight's game from the Hockey News Canadiens Blog:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...hilly-war.html

"....I like Brisebois' presence on the team...."

I think I belong in the looney bin. Am I the only one who thinks that Brisebois should have stopped playing hockey two years ago? I really don't want to see this player on the team. Not even as a 7th d-man.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:10 AM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I was going to post the same thing. Gorges had a tremendous game and was a key on the pk.
Speaking of the PK, Lang was awesome on the 5 on 3 that the Habs faced. It's funny, all I heard about Lang when we acquired him was that he was lazy, slow and decent at faceoffs. So far he has worked hard and given an honest effort, shown passable speed and the smarts to be in the right position and hasn't wowed me with faceoffs. His PK shifts have me extremely happy. He's like Bonk, but he can get points and he doesn't suck!!

As for Gorges, I've said it many times, he seems to get better every game he plays. He never makes a mistake without learning from and correcting it. He is getting better at winning the puck despite his small size and especially getting in shooting lanes to get shots blocked. He's developing into an absolute rock on the point.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Just saw the NHL Network highlights and that Komisarek goal should have been assisted by Koivu and Tanguay.

Sergei wasn't even on the ice.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:21 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Your foolish, the only mistake Gorges made all night was that coverage in front of the net on that goal; the rest of the game he was SOLID. Lapierre played a great game, not only did he fight, but he made some great forechecks, played high precentage hockey and played a solid game. If Lapierre plays like that every game I have no problem with him. The other two I agree with.
With ya....don't know WHAT the other posters are smoking...but must be good stuff.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:34 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'll echo some of what was said earlier, we did not play our best game. At times we looked tired and lethargic and Price went down early on the 1st 2 goals. In the 3rd though they really turned it on, which is the mark of a very good team. The Koivu line was probably our worst, but the Lang and Plekanec ones picked up the slack.
Lang and S.Kost seem to have a nice chemistry.
That's the beauty with three offensive lines. Even if one is not performing onj any given nights, the other two can pick up the slack.

Looking forward to see Laraque, Higgins and Bouillon in the line up.

Brisebois and Dandenault are really spare parts at best.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:34 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:

He's just getting started....actually threw the body a lot tonight....and could had easily had a pair.

Was always his dangerous, tough to contain self out there...the pucks will start going in soon enough.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Bryson

Sundin who?

Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Just saw the NHL Network highlights and that Komisarek goal should have been assisted by Koivu and Tanguay.

Sergei wasn't even on the ice.
Latendresse and Koivu.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote