HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia

Nogomyach v2.0 (football/soccer)

Old
03-28-2009, 02:15 PM
ViD
Arty vs Nash 22:25

vCash: 520
As far as they get 6 points in 2 games here, I dont give a damn about their performance. It will be important for Germany/Finland games, but here the result is what we need.

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Kamensky

vCash: 500
Exactly

Kamensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 04:32 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Lichtenstein got smoked, we got our 3 pts without trying too hard. I hope they don't underestimate Lichtenstein and score couple of goals quick

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Kamensky

We will explode vs. them easily 5-0 6-0

Old
03-28-2009, 05:44 PM
MaxV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
As far as they get 6 points in 2 games here, I dont give a damn about their performance. It will be important for Germany/Finland games, but here the result is what we need.
Yes, but they can't keep pulling this kind of effort. They'll become complacent.

That was the problem with those VERY talented 90s Russian teams. They would always play down to the competition and get complacent.

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 05:51 AM
Avy*

I hope that one day, one beautiful day we will see Denisov-Glushakov in the center and Fayzulin instead of Saenko.

Glushakov and Fayzulin is our most skilled players after Arshavin and maybe Izmailov.

It's About Time Gus to start slow transformation. Semak, Zyryanov and Semshov is not gonna make it for you on WC. They getting older and older. Denisov-Glushakov-Fayzulin is future backbone of our midfield.

Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 09:22 AM
MaxV

I'm not a big fan of Denisov.

I'm still hoping Bilya still gets his head out of his behind and becomes the player he SHOULD be. Same with his buddy Sychev.

They are the 2 most talented players behind Arshavin.

Then there are Dzagoev, Glushakov, Fayzulin and the Kombarov brothers.

Old
03-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I'm not a big fan of Denisov.

I'm still hoping Bilya still gets his head out of his behind and becomes the player he SHOULD be. Same with his buddy Sychev.

They are the 2 most talented players behind Arshavin.

Then there are Dzagoev, Glushakov, Fayzulin and the Kombarov brothers.
Ofcourse you not a fan of Denisov. You an Fifa/Pes, "technique", lame ass one-touch pass kind of guy most likely.

We have 3 guys who can win 50/50 balls - Igonin, Aldonin and Denisov + Smertin. Not enough "technique" and sexyness i know
but somebody need to win these battles and do the dirty work.

Old
03-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Kamensky

Denisov is very important for this team and that's why Guud plays him now.

Glushakov Fayzulin not ready. Sychev done soon and Bilya who knows I hope he doesn't follow in Bystrov footsteps...

The midfield is ok with maybe Dzagoev coming for Semshov but Semak is masterful right now. Zyryanov is doing good also.

Hope we crush the other team on wednesday we need a big win .

Old
03-29-2009, 11:56 AM
MaxV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
Ofcourse you not a fan of Denisov. You an Fifa/Pes, "technique", lame ass one-touch pass kind of guy most likely.

We have 3 guys who can win 50/50 balls - Igonin, Aldonin and Denisov + Smertin. Not enough "technique" and sexyness i know
but somebody need to win these battles and do the dirty work.
Well, are you telling me that technique isn't important for a NT player?

The only thing I see Denisov do is pass the ball as soon as he gets it and a lot of times to another team.

Granted, he does give a good effort in the defensive zone, but a lot of times he just ends up fouling a guy.

I'm sorry, but we'll never be an elite NT team with guys like Denisov in our midfield.

Old
03-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Kamensky

Stop bashing Denisov he's very useful and we are an elite team at the moment Top 10 in the world and Euro 1/2...

He hasn't found the game he had for Zenit European Run last year but I'm sure it will come back soon and then he will be a regular first 11 for Russia.

Anyway we have no other player to do what he does. At Euro the weak link was always Saenko-Bilya-Bystrov and now he plays there so it's a good upgrade.

Old
03-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Avy*

Quote:
Well, are you telling me that technique isn't important for a NT player?

It isn't at all. Kosta (Zyryanov) for example has problems with technique and still he is one of the best russian players. Better than mr. Silky touch Bylia D.

The only thing I see Denisov do is pass the ball as soon as he gets it and a lot of times to another team.

What? If anything Denisov is too slow with his decision-making... and i can understand him. It's really not his job to control midfield.

Thats why i want to see Glushakov with Denisov and Fayzulin instead of Kosta on top. All 3 can defend. Denisov can dealt with the rough stuff (he is imo best in Russia in 1-on-1 D. Better even than Timo).

Glushkov is just a great passer of the ball and - ALLROUND passer. By allround i mean wide amount of passes he can make and his awareness with the ball + his shot. He our new Semak.

Fayzulin allready can do everything Kosta can do and more. Very good playmaker. He is our new Kosta.

You see what i mean? We can slowly (slowly) make new mid-f for our NT withour breaking formation, without revolutions.
The old guys declining people. Forget about Kosta great goal in last game and Semak good games for Rubin this year. I watch a lot of soccer and i can see how these guy getting older with every mounth.
We need fresh blood injection in our most important part of the team - midfield. Thats the only way we can be compete on WC.

Old
03-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Kamensky

That's why Denisov plays and Dzagoev starts to play Guus understands that... Semak is playing as good as ever now. I can see a Dzagoev-Semak-Zyryanov-Denisov midfield for the WC2010 adventure.

Old
03-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamensky View Post
Stop bashing Denisov he's very useful and we are an elite team at the moment Top 10 in the world and Euro 1/2...
Trust me its a common opinion among Zenit fans that Denisov (and Timo) was the best Zenit player so far this season.

I don't like big words like "clutch", "the leader" etc. but Denisov is really... clutch and he is leader. He is big game player, he always become better under pressure.

Old
03-29-2009, 12:44 PM
Kamensky

Finally the truth spoken !

Old
03-29-2009, 12:51 PM
MaxV

Look, I'm all for injecting new blood into our NT starting lineup, but at this point our youngsters aren't ready.

Eventually, we'll need to replace Igna, Kostya, Semak and Semshov, but at this point they are our best options.

BTW, Zyrianov's technique is not bad.

Old
03-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Kamensky

Dzagoev Denisov= Youngsters while Zhirkov Kolodin Anyukov Pogrebnyak Arshavin Pavlyuchenko have many years in front of them.Ignashevich is 29 for a CB it's not old at all. Semak-Zyryanov are good at least 2 years more and Semshov will see he must play better. Akinfeev very young also...

Old
03-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Avy*

Quote:
Look, I'm all for injecting new blood into our NT starting lineup, but at this point our youngsters aren't ready.

Eventually, we'll need to replace Igna, Kostya, Semak and Semshov, but at this point they are our best options.

BTW, Zyrianov's technique is not bad.
You dont understand... i don't want youngsters in NT. I dont want Mamaev, Ryzhkov and Kokorin in NT. I dont want to see another Rebko, Shishkin debacle. But for the love of Raa, Denisov with 200 games for Zenit under his belt, Fayzulin with 4 pro seasons and 22 years old Gluhakov is not exactly youngsters.

Zyrianov's technique is average at best. Zyrianov's brain and game smarts is world class.

Old
03-29-2009, 01:28 PM
MaxV

I wasn't counting Denisov as one of our youngsters. He's not an elite player and he'll probably never going to be.

He's a blue-collar player and gives a great effort, which is admirable, but his talent will always limit him and us.

Glushakov and Fayzulin might be experienced, but they aren't ready to replace Zyrianov, Semshov and/or Semak. They still need more seasoning.

I would put Izmailov in our starting lineup in a heart-beat, but apparently Guus disagrees.

Old
03-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Kamensky

Izmailov ??? Give me a break he sucks in a bad team in a non-competitive league he is done for NT. Denisov is an elite player he proved it vs. Marseille Villarreal Rangers Stuttgart BayernMunich Bayer Leverkusen and now...Guus knows what he's doing and he's in starting 11 of the Euro 1/2 finalists= ELITE

Talent means nothing without hard work aka Bilya Sychev etc.

Games are won on the pitch not on paper.

The team of yesterday was perfect with a fit Kolodin in. For the moment I still think Semshov should start and Dzagoev coming in later.

As of now that's our best line up possible and the genius coach we have agrees so...

Old
03-30-2009, 10:48 AM
MaxV

You guys noticed what's going on in other groups? It's very possible that teams like N. Ireland, Lithuania and Denmark might get through and teams like France, Czech Republic and Portugal get left out in the cold.

While I'm on the subject, why did Greece and Czech Republic get their own cupcake groups? What have either of these teams done lately to warrant this?

Greece has won Euro a generation ago and Czechs keep on proving to the world that they are MASSIVELY overrated.

I mean they have Germany/Russia, Croatia/England and Spain/Turkey matched up together, while Greece gets Israel and Czechs get Northern friggin' Ireland.

Old
03-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Kamensky

Denmark Spain Serbia Holland Italy will qualify directly then you have teams like Ireland probably France Hungary-Portugal N.Ireland Czech in playoffs...

Greece maybe Euro Champs...
Czech maybe Euro 1/2 then 06 08 qualified it takes the coefficients of last 5 years I think so the draws were made before Russia run to Euro 1/2 maybe...

Czech have Poland who were in last 2 big tournaments...

I know some groups are unbalanced but they used coefficients...Where were we in 2006...

It doesn't matter we could finish first or qualify through the playoffs vs. Bosnia maybe !

Old
03-30-2009, 11:20 AM
MaxV

Wait, our group is matched up with Group 5?

Old
03-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Kamensky

If we don't drop any pts before the Germany game in Moscow then if we beat the Germans we are IN directly.

So far the only "big" team in real danger is Portugal and maybe Turkey and Ukraine-Croatia

France will be good to finish 2nd and go to playoffs.

The Czechs have lost all their midfield-offense Galasek-Rosicky-Nedved-Poborsky-Koller-Baros this group is wide open with Slovenia N.Ireland Slovakia and very boring Poland in with a chance for first place...this group is worst than Greece-Swiss-Israel

Actually who got the 2nd seed in Italy group? Ireland and Bulgaria have not been part of big tournaments since 02 and 04...

Lets focus on Russia if we finish 2nd and play France or Portugal in playoffs then we shall complain...

Old
03-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Kamensky

No after this stage the 9 group winners are IN.

Then they take the 8 best 2nd place (the 2nd from Holland group should be out) and make a random draw for 4 playoffs ties...