HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Nogomyach v2.0 (football/soccer)

Old
03-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Pushkin

vCash: 500
What are your thoughts on the chances of Spartak Shakhtar and Dynamo i'd say 2/3 go further.

Pushkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 01:36 PM
NMF78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushkin View Post
What are your thoughts on the chances of Spartak Shakhtar and Dynamo i'd say 2/3 go further.

Shakhtar almost no chance, Barcelona is the best team in the world

Dynamo have a very good chance, they are the favorites in that match-up

Spartak is the underdog but you never know

1/3 i think

NMF78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
I'd say the odds are very much against Spartak. They are going up against a Porto side that has 21 wins and 2 draws in 23 league games so far this season while being managed by the most promising young manager in World football.

Franck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 02:11 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Porto looked head and shoulders better than CSKA in game one, i didn't even watch the game two - as I was 100% sure that CSKA is not going anyhwere. But Spartak, while weaker as CSKA overall, is a little more suited for Porto's game. I say 60-40 Porto.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Pushkin

I'm pretty sure either Spartak or Shakhtar will pull a surprise.

CSKA had 0 chemistry in both games it seems. Akinfeev is playing terrible right now. Vagner plays by himself it seems. Ignashevich is a disaster in defence. There seem to be no unity within the team and no clear leader. Maybe too many players thinking they should be "the guy" or playing all the time...

They should get rid of 2-3 guys. They are wasting the talents of Dzagoev Mamaev Schennikov right now. Only Honda is playing good.

With the players they have on paper if they had played up to their potential they should have beaten Porto.

Karpin may have succeeded in bringing the real Spartak back. Team chemistry is there for sure and Alex is the leader.

Shakhtar historically has played well vs. Barcelona and right now they have never been better. I think they have a chance.

By the way 0/16 for the boring and weak Ligue1 as usual!

Go Shakhtar Spartak Dynamo!!!

Old
03-18-2011, 04:10 PM
NMF78

Shaktar impressed me against Roma but Barcelona is on a whole different level, only way for Barcelona to loose if they beat themselves, with that i mean have a complete offday or fail to convert their goalscoring-chances (they beat Arsenal 3-1 but should have won 6-1 if they finished even half there chances).

Old
03-18-2011, 04:17 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMF78 View Post
Shaktar impressed me against Roma but Barcelona is on a whole different level, only way for Barcelona to loose if they beat themselves, with that i mean have a complete offday or fail to convert their goalscoring-chances (they beat Arsenal 3-1 but should have won 6-1 if they finished even half there chances).
i do give Donetsk some chance, small but still a chance

Old
03-18-2011, 09:00 PM
VladNYC*

Porto didn't beat CSKA. CSKA beat them selves. I dont think ive ever seen Akinfeev play that bad. Those two goals he needlessly let in in the second game sealed the deal. Even tho CSKA is stronger then Spartak, Spartak will beat Porto.

Dynamo should win too. They have skill and amazing team chemistry.

As for Donetsk...they are the real deal. If they play their game and don't get star struck they could beat any one. Even a team as favored as Barca.

Exciting times for Russia and Ukrainian football.

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Pushkin

Yes for sure! And don't forget summer 2012! Russia must seal it soon starting by a big win in Erevan.

Old
03-19-2011, 01:05 PM
cska78

Dynamo 3 - Rostov 1

reality check...

Old
03-19-2011, 01:06 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
Porto didn't beat CSKA. CSKA beat them selves. I dont think ive ever seen Akinfeev play that bad. Those two goals he needlessly let in in the second game sealed the deal. Even tho CSKA is stronger then Spartak, Spartak will beat Porto.
I thought by game 1 - Porto looked like a better team, and they convinced me enough not to watch game two, plus I had things to do anyways. Heard about Akinfeev blunders but no details

Old
03-21-2011, 09:05 AM
cska78

KS - CSKA game was canceled, the field looks barely fit for the cows to grace...I think it's pretty clear that indoor stadiums must be enforced prior to any major changes....but, no.

Old
03-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Pushkin

That's the kind of game Russia screwed up in the past 10-15 years too many times. Games that should have been won IsraŽl Ukraine Slovenia etc etc...Win those games and 1998-2000-2010 all very good teams would have qualified.

Saturday is that kind of game away in Erevan. The 3pts are absolutely needed. No excuses that is a must win game.

Any thoughts on the starting 11?

Ryzhikov must start in goal that's for sure.

Old
03-21-2011, 02:58 PM
cska78

another "highlight" of our football - Kuban' ends up paying Nikezic and laying off the two guys who claimed they were super nice and never threatened the player.

Old
03-24-2011, 09:19 PM
cska78

and to top this week off the pealed banana shown to Roberto Carlos during the season opening ceremony in St. Petersburgh - some classy stuff.

wonder how that is going to settle with FIFA

Old
03-26-2011, 10:43 AM
MaxV

Why is Shishkin starting in this game?

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 03:01 PM
MaxV

Another disappointment.

I just expect them before every match at this point.

Old
03-26-2011, 07:07 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Another disappointment.

I just expect them before every match at this point.
I won't harp again on the details: the reasons are corruption from top to bottom in the federation, improper coach, lack of quality players, lack of cometition for starting spots withing the NT and lack of motivation amidst spoiled players on the downside of their careers.

Arshavin was the first player on the field, Dzagoev - mighty disappointment and Advokat - a coach-impotent.

Old
03-26-2011, 08:17 PM
NMF78

i'm glad you guys took Advokaat of our hands, our current coach is just as good and cost about 1/5 of what Advokaat earns, still you guys can still make the euro 2012

Old
03-26-2011, 08:27 PM
cska78

Quote:
i'm glad you guys took Advokaat of our hands, our current coach is just as good and cost about 1/5 of what Advokaat earns, still you guys can still make the euro 2012
Advokat is a club team coach, his mentality is not of NT coach

Old
03-26-2011, 10:20 PM
VladNYC*

These guys DESPISE winning an important international game. Like Oil and Water!

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:31 AM
MaxV

I don't understand the starting lineup.

Zyrianov, Denisov and Shirokov are all pretty much holding mids. Why do you need 3 of them at the same time?

How about another attacking mid? Bystrov, Torbinskiy or Bilyaletdinov. Or maybe not have one of the most talented attacking players you have (Zhirkov) PLAY DEFENSE!

Dzagoev might in time be a starting-caliber attacking mid on the NT, but he isn't right now.

Shishkin? Seriously?

Is Kerzhakov really the best option for the Center Forward spot?

Last edited by MaxV: 03-27-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old
03-27-2011, 06:18 AM
NMF78

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Advokat is a club team coach, his mentality is not of NT coach

his biggest successes have come with club teams but he has coached 5 NT already so he must like something about it, anyhow i think he's an overrated coach

I know Dzagoev but does the Russia National Football Team have other really talented young players (24 or younger) at the moment? Because when i look at there squad most players are in the 26-30 age.

Old
03-27-2011, 12:57 PM
cska78

Quote:
his biggest successes have come with club teams but he has coached 5 NT already so he must like something about it, anyhow i think he's an overrated coach

I know Dzagoev but does the Russia National Football Team have other really talented young players (24 or younger) at the moment? Because when i look at there squad most players are in the 26-30 age.
well, talented to be a lock on NT - no, but players who deserve a try and may be an artificial push - Glushakov, Makeev, Kombarov bro's, Dzyuba, Yakovlev, Parshivlyuk, Mahmudov, Sapeta, Burlak.

Advokat likes to coach NT because the ration $$$/amount of work is unbeatable. He hasn't even been to Russia to watch the games before the Euro12 qualifiers.

Old
03-27-2011, 01:20 PM
MaxV

Quote:

Yes, there are several young guys that I can definitely see being the main-stays on the NT, but pretty much all of them are inconsistent at this point, including Dzagoev.

Artem Dzyuba - 6'-4" center forward with great natural ability, but disappears in a lot of games.
Alan Gatagov - Very talented attacking mid with a ton of pace, technique and goal-scoring ability. But he is kind of all over the place. He needs to learn to play structural futball.
Pavel Mamaev - Holding mid with good technique and play-making ability.
Pavel Yakovlev - I am VERY high on this player. Attacking player with a great pace and technique.
Alexei Ionov - Versatile midfielder with a good all-around game. Zenit has a ton of midfielder competing for spots and Ionov still has been getting steady playing time lately. He is one of those players that isn't the most flashiest, but gets the job done.
Evgeni Makeev - Strong and quick left defender who is comfortable going forward. I can definitely see this guy being a NT starter, but he still needs work on the play in his own zone.
Victor Vasin - Center defender with good size and agility. Already has a NT cap vs. Belgium, but didn't do so well. Still raw at this point.
Georgiy Schennikov - One of the most popular fan choices for Russia's next left back. Shows good ability on offense and defense, but makes his share of mistakes.
Vladimir Dyadyun - This player had a big breakout season last season. He has shown ability to score in bunches. Also has some play-making ability as well.
Sergey Parshivlyuk - Right defender who has been called up to the NT once already. Has dealt with injuries lately. When he is in top form, he shows 2-way ability.
Alexandr Sapeta - Play-making mid who has gotten plenty of hype. He is slowly, but steadily developing, but not there yet.
Alexandr Kokorin - Dynamo striker who shows flashes, but very inconsistent.
Taras Burlak - Big center defender who shows ability to be very solid in own zone.

There are others that are getting hype, but those are the ones that have gotten enough playing time in RPL to judge.