HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

RBK Hockey Underwear

Old
10-05-2008, 11:14 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

vCash: 500
RBK Hockey Underwear

Geez, I got some RBK underwear from a RBK NHL rep for free and I can't believe how those things are tight. It's the same crap that Crosby uses, it's suposed to keep you dry and warm, i'll try it at my next game but is it supposed to be super tight like a girl in spandex or somecrap ? I'm 6'1'' 170lbs and it's L size. Anyone else using those ?

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 11:28 AM
stick9

Yeah it's supposed to be like that. When you buy that stuff make sure you don't get compression fit, unless of course you like that tight fit. The Nike Dri-Fit stuff works great and it's a normal fitting piece....check the tags to make sure though.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 04:40 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

The compression fit is probalby what you're supposed to get. It's supposed to be very tight to keep it on like a second skin, so it wicks the sweat better. The tight fit is also supposed to help compress your muscles so they compress in one direction rather then pulling out from your body and wasting energy.

After wearing tight fit stuff, I could never imagine going back to the loose fit stuff while playing. It really works great, and you don't feel it at all.

Loose fitting stuff chafes more, doesn't wick nearly as well, the material can wick great but it does nothing if it's not touching your skin.

I also have to add that this stuff is not about style... it's about function.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2008, 07:23 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Allright then, i'll try them next game.. I'm old school and used to wear just an old plain t-shirt with "combines" so it's gonna be a major change.

Thanks.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 01:33 PM
PIMking

I use long pants and long sleeve underarmour under my gear. I will never ever go back.

I love that stuff. I could swear that I read somewere that it also helps agianst pulled muscles like in the abs and groin.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:07 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
Allright then, i'll try them next game.. I'm old school and used to wear just an old plain t-shirt with "combines" so it's gonna be a major change.

Thanks.
Dri-fit is where it's at. I see guys still wearing tshirts and tube socks, it's like ignoring science.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 07:29 PM
FiveHole23

Dri-Fit is the ****, at first your unsure about it, next your broke because you bought more of it than you can wear.

If you have outlet stores anywhere near, I would check them out.

FiveHole23 is offline   Reply With Quote