HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Who will win the Q?

View Poll Results: Who will win the Q this year, including playoffs?
Acadie-Bathurst 0 0%
Cape Breton 7 15.56%
Drummondville 2 4.44%
Gatineau 0 0%
Lewiston 0 0%
Moncton 4 8.89%
Montreal 2 4.44%
Quebec 9 20.00%
Rimouski 3 6.67%
Rouyn - Noranda 0 0%
Saint John 1 2.22%
Shawinigan 13 28.89%
Victoriaville 0 0%
PEI 2 4.44%
Val d' Or, Halifax, Chicoutimi or Baie - Comeau 2 4.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2008, 11:50 PM
#2eddieshore

vCash: 500
Who will win the Q?

Now that things have settled down a bit and its clearer what the teams will look like for the remainder of season i thought it would be interesting to do a poll of who you think will win the Q this year (including playoffs).

I know that their is a similar thread but its not a poll.

Old
10-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quebec looks really good so far....

Old
10-14-2008, 01:12 PM
cantwell7

vCash: 490
Cape Breton ... abit Biased but they have been playing well

Old
10-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

anybody think Montreal Juniors will make a run at the cup this year ?

Old
10-14-2008, 04:10 PM
jasonmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
only if Pascal could learn to coach in the playoffs

Old
10-14-2008, 10:27 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
They won't go further than the second round...

Old
10-15-2008, 08:16 AM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
They won't go further than the second round...
yeah...unless they get some more depth

Old
10-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Dgill

Cape Breton, they are beginning to become a factory of producing great talent and they still win.

Old
10-15-2008, 04:33 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
Cape Breton, they are beginning to become a factory of producing great talent and they still win.
Developping young talent isn't everything. What have they won in the past years?

They have a good team, but they faced easy targets. The only serious team they faced was Rimouski and should I remind you what happened? Also, they had a total of 8 home games... it's easy to win at home...

Same for the Remparts, they're 10-1, but they only had Drummondville and Rimouski as serious opponents... On the bright side, 6 wins on the road is really good.

Last edited by SergeConstantin74: 10-15-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old
10-15-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Developping young talent isn't everything. What have they won in the past years?

They have a good team, but they faced easy targets. The only serious team they faced was Rimouski and should I remind you what happened? Also, they had a total of 8 home games... it's easy to win at home...

Same for the Remparts, they're 10-1, but they only had Drummondville and Rimouski as serious opponents... On the bright side, 6 wins on the road is really good.
only Drummond and Riki as serious opponents? I'm sorry but QC has played MTL twice so far, and considering Montreal is a top 6-7 team in the league.... does this mean that in you're opinion there's only like 5 serious teams in the Q?

Old
10-15-2008, 06:05 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Sorry, but I think you can agree that Mtl without Adam, Allen, Esposito and Fillier isn't a serious team.

That's why I also didn't mention Saint John for Cape Breton who was missing many players.

Old
10-16-2008, 01:29 PM
CH4

Go Sags Go! (in 2 years)

Old
10-16-2008, 01:40 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Wasn't it supposed to be this year?

Richard Martel might be a good coach, but he's also the worst GM in the league. Ask Val D'Or and Baie-Comeau...

Old
10-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Richard Martel might be a good coach, but he's also the worst GM in the league. Ask Val D'Or and Baie-Comeau...
QFT...and he keeps getting his contract extended........do not know why....

Old
10-16-2008, 05:53 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

He did the best trade of his carrer last year. Paré vs 1st round pick 2008 + Tommy Tremblay (good young D). Was he worth it considering that they needed this pick and young Ds? And also, they didn't even make it past the first round... He might have been a hero in Chicoutimi (Paré), but where is he now?

Same thing for Desharnais and Blanchard. Two years ago, Roy was offering a first round pick, Félix Petit and Maxime Sauvé for Desharnais... but Richard's pride was more important than his team...

With Desharnais and Blanchard's trades, along with the trade of Paré druing the Holydays last year, they would have been serious contenders for the next two years.

Next year doesn't look brighter. Deschamps, Lagacé, Champagne and Ouellet at 19, without a solid D corp to back them up. Way to go Richard!

Old
10-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

good points....

any news why Nicolas Therrien has not been in the lineup for the Sags recently ?

Old
10-17-2008, 03:11 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

He's injured.

Old
10-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

thanks

it appears attendence for the Juniors de Montreal is on the decline already...

maybe it is too early to tell...

Old
10-18-2008, 10:28 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

I predict an increase in attendance for Nov. 21 ...

Old
10-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I predict an increase in attendance for Nov. 21 ...
LOL

Old
10-24-2008, 02:51 PM
CH4

Quote:

Was it?
we have 1 20yo in the lineup currently... I doubt any team is considered contender with that

80% on the team is 18 or less...

Quote:
QFT...and he keeps getting his contract extended........do not know why....
Maybe because he is extremely respected in the city here, he probably could be elected as mayor. Mostly for his coaching qualities; I won't pronunce for the GM thing because I just came back in the region from Sherbrooke, and, obviously, haven't followed the Q a lot.

Quote:
He did the best trade of his carrer last year. Paré vs 1st round pick 2008 + Tommy Tremblay (good young D). Was he worth it considering that they needed this pick and young Ds? And also, they didn't even make it past the first round... He might have been a hero in Chicoutimi (Paré), but where is he now?
Same thing for Desharnais and Blanchard. Two years ago, Roy was offering a first round pick, Félix Petit and Maxime Sauvé for Desharnais... but Richard's pride was more important than his team...

With Desharnais and Blanchard's trades, along with the trade of Paré druing the Holydays last year, they would have been serious contenders for the next two years.

Next year doesn't look brighter. Deschamps, Lagacé, Champagne and Ouellet at 19, without a solid D corp to back them up. Way to go Richard!

1.Well Paré finished amongst the best players in the league. he probably think last year was his chance but Nadeau choked
2. Where would be the 3,000+ season ticket holder if we did not have anything good to show last year? That is money, and Martel brings people to the arena, like it or not.

Now we have a poor team with lots of good youngsters. it is looking good for few years after this (what I expect to be a painful) year.

IMO, You should very rarely trade a first round pick in the Q. Unless it make you sure you are contender. So that look like a bad move.

Was Roy really offering that? you have a good source for that?.

Last thing I would consider Vincent in MTL challenging Martel as the worst GM with that Esposito trade...

Last edited by CH4: 10-24-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old
10-24-2008, 03:59 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
Was it?
we have 1 20yo in the lineup currently... I doubt any team is considered contender with that

80% on the team is 18 or less...

Maybe because he is extremely respected in the city here, he probably could be elected as mayor. Mostly for his coaching qualities; I won't pronunce for the GM thing because I just came back in the region from Sherbrooke, and, obviously, haven't followed the Q a lot.

1.Well Paré finished amongst the best players in the league. he probably think last year was his chance but Nadeau choked
2. Where would be the 3,000+ season ticket holder if we did not have anything good to show last year? That is money, and Martel brings people to the arena, like it or not.

Now we have a poor team with lots of good youngsters. it is looking good for few years after this (what I expect to be a painful) year.

IMO, You should very rarely trade a first round pick in the Q. Unless it make you sure you are contender. So that look like a bad move.

Was Roy really offering that? you have a good source for that?.

Last thing I would consider Vincent in MTL challenging Martel as the worst GM with that Esposito trade...
You don't have anything good to show this year, what's the difference?

So Paré's trade made you a contender? If Martel traded a first round pick for him... No, you were in reconstruction last year, you didn't have the depth to be a contender and he knew that.

Your good youngsters are already 18, they're not young anymore. Like I said, when your good youngsters will be at their peak next year, you won't have the D to back them up. If Martel wants to correct that, he'll have to pay, not only with draft picks, but also with depth. Who will it be? Your 16 yo players don't have enough value yet because they don't play often except Lavoie. Blain, Painchaud, Roussell... you will get nothing for them. Deschamps, Lagacé, Ouellet, Champagne and Bolduc are the only players on your team who are really valuable for a trade.

You were supposed to be back on top THIS YEAR. Now, when will it be?

Roy told the press he was offering a local guy (Petit) and a 17 yo (Sauvé) and a high pick for Desharnais.

I really liked Martel's reason to lose against Quebec in the first game of the season: "My d-men are too young compared to their's."

Comparison:

Quebec:

Monast (20) - Marshall (19)
Tam (17) - Groulx (18)
Carrier (16) - Genest (19)

Chicoutimi:

Rioux (20) - Jalbert (19)
Guay (19) - Rousseau (17)
Leduc (18) - Kabbaj (17)

Big, big difference....

Old
10-27-2008, 01:23 PM
CH4

Quote:
You don't have anything good to show this year, what's the difference? I agree

So Paré's trade made you a contender? If Martel traded a first round pick for him... No, you were in reconstruction last year, you didn't have the depth to be a contender and he knew that.Read my post correctly, I say it is a bad move

Your good youngsters are already 18, they're not young anymore. Like I said, when your good youngsters will be at their peak next year, you won't have the D to back them up. If Martel wants to correct that, he'll have to pay, not only with draft picks, but also with depth. Who will it be? Your 16 yo players don't have enough value yet because they don't play often except Lavoie. Blain, Painchaud, Roussell... you will get nothing for them. Deschamps, Lagacé, Ouellet, Champagne and Bolduc are the only players on your team who are really valuable for a trade.

You were supposed to be back on top THIS YEAR. Now, when will it be? next year we should be good, then the other year we should be contenders IMO

Roy told the press he was offering a local guy (Petit) and a 17 yo (Sauvé) and a high pick for Desharnais. I didn't follow the Q a lot then, but Roy can say anything to make Martel look like a fool. I wouldn't take all what he says on the sags for granted.

I really liked Martel's reason to lose against Quebec in the first game of the season: "My d-men are too young compared to their's." Quebec is clearly superior to us this year. Don't need anymore argument

Comparison:

Quebec:

Monast (20) - Marshall (19)
Tam (17) - Groulx (18)
Carrier (16) - Genest (19)

Chicoutimi:

Rioux (20) - Jalbert (19)
Guay (19) - Rousseau (17)
Leduc (18) - Kabbaj (17)

Big, big difference....
I put my comments in bold
Here is how I see the Sags in 2 years (When, I believe they'll be contender)

Defense
Rousseau(19)
Kabbaj(19)
Nolet(19)
Therrien/Leduc at 20

Fowards

Smith(19)
Populos(19)
Ouellet(20)
Bélanger(19)
Lavoie(18)
Hlinka(19)
Lagace/champagne at 20 (if not there are plenty of other players that can fill here)

Goalie
Coulton(19)

So you have 7 fowards and 4 defense that are already playing in the team. I don't think you have a massive work to do to make that team a contender.

Old
11-23-2008, 10:27 AM
peicurler91

I voted PEI, due to being an Islander, who was the other person to vote PEI?

Old
12-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Nords fan

If the Cataractes keep being that good I'm afraid they will represent the Q in Rimouski.

Closed Thread