HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lindros

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2004, 06:20 PM
hockey_nut

vCash: 500
Lindros

My friend said he was watching TSN and Bobby Mac said Montreal might go after Lindros, since the price won't be high. Did anyone else see this... cuz I can't find it anywhere, and I wasn't watching tsn...

Old
02-25-2004, 06:24 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut
My friend said he was watching TSN and Bobby Mac said Montreal might go after Lindros, since the price won't be high. Did anyone else see this... cuz I can't find it anywhere, and I wasn't watching tsn...
Did he say that tonight?

Old
02-25-2004, 06:26 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut
I never heard that but last rumor I heard about Lindros was that if he's heathly, then Detroit is going after him.

Old
02-25-2004, 06:28 PM
tritone

Info mixed

Maybe they were referring to the doctor Lindros sees for his whiffelball head ...she's in Montreal and he comes here for treatment.

Old
02-25-2004, 06:33 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
I never heard that but last rumor I heard about Lindros was that if he's heathly, then Detroit is going after him.
Never heard that rumour either. I'd stay away from Lindros. He is one big hit away from retiring and he would be targeted during the playoffs. Then there is the matter of his huge salary and the Carl and Bonnie show, ad nauseam. The so-called experts at 110% and Rejean Trembaly would have a stroke...lol

Old
02-25-2004, 06:33 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
Maybe they were referring to the doctor Lindros sees for his whiffelball head ...she's in Montreal and he comes here for treatment.
I read in the paper today Lindros is coming to Montreal to get his head examined aswell. I didn`t see anything about him being traded here. Sounds like your friend didn`t understand correctly

Old
02-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
i saw it. he mentioned sathers quitting as the coach and said it maybe be because he will propably be busier as a gm in the next couple of weeks. he said that if they start unloading that "vancouver and maybe even montreal could be interested in lindros". i wouldnt mind it as long as it doesnt cost already drafted talent. a couple of picks in future drafts wouldnt be hard to take.

Old
02-25-2004, 06:38 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster
Never heard that rumour either. I'd stay away from Lindros. He is one big hit away from retiring and he would be targeted during the playoffs. Then there is the matter of his huge salary and the Carl and Bonnie show, ad nauseam. The so-called experts at 110% and Rejean Trembaly would have a stroke...lol
Huh??? the guys at 110% would have a stroke? then I say SIGN LINDROS NOW!

Old
02-25-2004, 06:47 PM
hockey_nut

I know about Lindros going to Montreal to see the brain doctor... but apparently he heard that the Habs might go after Lindros. I was just wondering if anyone else heard it, because I didn't. If he comes cheap, then sure... but I'm not entirely fond of the guy.

Old
02-25-2004, 06:47 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Lindros to Detroit wasn't a rumor, it was a suggestion by Al Strachan on Hot Stove Saturday night. He said that the Wings were interested in Kovalev and that they "Should" look at a cheap alternative in Lindros if he is healthy and cleared to play.

Old
02-25-2004, 06:57 PM
Joe Malone

It was Bob McKenzie on TSN. Here's a transcript of what he said:

"Sather has some valuable assets" http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

Here's a quote from the transcript:

Eric Lindros is a really intriguing possibility. Sure, there are health concerns, but he, too, is an unrestricted free agent at season's end and the acquisition price will likely to be moderate to low. Those who know Lindros say he still has a burning desire to compete.
There's no good reason for teams like the Vancouver Canucks or even the Montreal Canadiens, for that matter, to not offer the Rangers a conditional draft pick for Big E.

Old
02-25-2004, 07:01 PM
hockey_nut

ahh.. there we go! ok... well, would you be willing to pick him up? if so, what would you give up (realism here people)?

Old
02-25-2004, 07:05 PM
romain_jaime

3rd rounder this yr 4th rounder in 2005 and future considerations depended on his health, productivity and if he resigns with the Habs or not.

Old
02-25-2004, 07:18 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
It was Bob McKenzie on TSN. Here's a transcript of what he said:

"Sather has some valuable assets" http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

Here's a quote from the transcript:

Eric Lindros is a really intriguing possibility. Sure, there are health concerns, but he, too, is an unrestricted free agent at season's end and the acquisition price will likely to be moderate to low. Those who know Lindros say he still has a burning desire to compete.
There's no good reason for teams like the Vancouver Canucks or even the Montreal Canadiens, for that matter, to not offer the Rangers a conditional draft pick for Big E.
This post doesn't really confirm or even suggest anything concrete except for Mackenzie's view on what teams might be interested in Lindros, but he confirms nothing in the way of sources that may lead him to these conclusions.....I haven't heard ANYONE from the Montreal organization even breathe Lindros's name. I strongly doubt BG will consider it. And I wouldn't really want Lindros on the team anyway..Chemistry would be blown to hell and I really don't think Lindros is anywhere near the impact player he was. why bother ? I think he'd be about as effective as Randy Mckay at this point in his career/life

Old
02-25-2004, 07:26 PM
Guy Caballero

That's a can of worms I don't know if I want to open. We already place too much of our fate in the hands of two players who never play 80 games a season (Koivu and Souray). Lindros would just be another giant question mark. We need stability, and we already have 3 centers who are doing quite nicely and another two that will be stepping into the line up soon enough (Plekanec and Higgins). Do we bring in Lindros to give him 3rd-line minutes? Do we delay the development of a good prosepct on the off chance he's going to get it together and become an elite player again? Wherever Eric is concerned, there are more questions than answers. I'd pass.

Old
02-25-2004, 07:28 PM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

The New York Rangers correspondent on ESPN Fantasy Hockey website was often raving about Lindros' play, and suggesting that Sather was crazy to play him as little as he was. Whether his history of head traumas allows him to play is still suspect, but I would plead with him to wear a visor and chomp on a mouthguard, if I were Bob Gainey. If he's symptom-free, he is still a very good player, and as Joe Thornton will attest, he is still a tough SOB.

Old
02-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
This post doesn't really confirm or even suggest anything concrete except for Mackenzie's view on what teams might be interested in Lindros, but he confirms nothing in the way of sources that may lead him to these conclusions.....I haven't heard ANYONE from the Montreal organization even breathe Lindros's name. I strongly doubt BG will consider it. And I wouldn't really want Lindros on the team anyway..Chemistry would be blown to hell and I really don't think Lindros is anywhere near the impact player he was. why bother ? I think he'd be about as effective as Randy Mckay at this point in his career/life
I didn't mean it as confirmation, but rather as clarification. The rumor started with the McKenzie article, so I provided it.

I have absolutely no belief that Lindros will be coming to Montreal.

Old
02-25-2004, 08:14 PM
Habber

Normally I'd say BS to something like this, but when it's coming from Bob McKenzie there's a good chance there's something behind it. While McKenzie doesn't come right out and say that the Habs are after Lindros, he's not one to report pure speculation.

A plus if Lindros came is that we wouldn't have to worry about Koivu or Rivet getting booed, cause Lindros still gets booed every time he touches the puck when he's here.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Big E here if we can get him for a conditional pick like McKenzie said. He's a UFA at the end of the season so we wouldn't be committed to him. BG could probably get him to sign a contract similar to the one he has now which calls for a low base salary and big bonuses for games played.

Old
02-25-2004, 09:07 PM
Brett38

If we can get Lindros for a third or fourth draft pick, I would say great. He could possibly play the wing next to Koivu or Rebeiro. Mabe even center. I'm sure Gainey will do something. It might not happen until March 7-9. Most trades are done around that time. We have to remember that Gainey said he wasn't going to give up anyone off the club...okay, okay maybe Perrault!

Old
02-25-2004, 09:37 PM
felixd

I would be all about acquiring Lindros, on a certain number of conditions:

1.Restructuring his contract(getting paid per game instead of per season, that way if he gets injured, no biggie monetary wise)

yeah that's about it. I think Hainsey or Hossa and a 2nd would be good for me. People, don't think Lindros will go for a 3rd/4th rounder, he will go for a lot more.

Old
02-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Brett38

Hainsey yes, Hossa no!
Maybe Hainsey and a fourth or fifth pick for Lindros...I don't know!

Old
02-25-2004, 09:56 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett38
Hainsey yes, Hossa no!
Maybe Hainsey and a fourth or fifth pick for Lindros...I don't know!
I'd be all over that, but with Detroit bidding for Lindros it probably would end up closer to what I proposed at first Hainsey + 2nd.

Old
02-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Physical HABuse

NO PROSPECTS for Lindros......never......ever! Draft picks yes......but no prospects...unless it's Thinel or someone like that.

Old
02-25-2004, 10:03 PM
DJyellow

Send a message via ICQ to DJyellow
well, he is a center that shoots on the right side... could be interesting if the price is right

Old
02-25-2004, 10:07 PM
electric

Well, I don't know... I love Lindros and all and it'd be great to have him with us... but this guy gets booed whenever he touches the puck when he plays here. I don't think the fans and media are going to be fair with him if he ever plays with us

Closed Thread