HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gm: 3 - Boston Bruins @ Montreal Canadiens l 10/15 l 7:30 ET l NESN/TSN/RSN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-15-2008, 11:55 AM
  #101
Clownarelli
Registered User
 
Clownarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,404
vCash: 500
I would LOVE to see Lucic fight Komisarek

Clownarelli is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 11:57 AM
  #102
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 39,359
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
ive been thinking about the whole "who is gonna fight laraque" thing, and i may have to jump the fence.

i love having lucic on the team just as much as the next, and theres not a team out there that wouldnt welcome him. heck, even 90% of habs fans who bash him respect him more than most of the team. truth is, hes not playing serious minutes this year, and having him in the box for 5 minutes is probably worth it, especially if he can hang in there with bgl.

but, i still think lucic would get pummeled.
It wouldn't kill him that's for sure...He shouldn't seek it out, but I hope he doesn't hide behind a coaches wishes...We don't mind when Lucic beats the crap out of the Mark Bell's, Jarko Ruutu's and Matt Bradley's of the world...but he needs to answer the bell if a heavy wants him too IMO...

WBC8 is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 11:58 AM
  #103
Scooter13z
Registered User
 
Scooter13z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sec. 324 Row 3
Country: United States
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scooter13z
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post

We get on Komisarek for not fighting Lucic, but it's ok for Lucic to not fight if challenged?

I sort of agree but it's a bit of a different situation. The reason Lucic went after Komi in the first place was because of a low hit cheap shot that komi made on him at which point he started to hide behind the refs.

Scooter13z is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 11:58 AM
  #104
jahbrations
Registered User
 
jahbrations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
I believe what you say, I just hope its not true.
Me too, there's no reason he can't fight Laraque. I'd hate to see Lucic change his game against the Habs just because they now have a goon.

jahbrations is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 11:58 AM
  #105
DKH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,211
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
I hope so...Lucic won't get as many chicks if he keeps ducking Laraque all night....
Lou, BGL is one tough mother but he is a borderline stiff, screw him- he can go bleep himself, and I'd tell Lucic and others to bait the POC and tell him we want him on the ice. Lucic is very tough and if these rosters were one spot less and goons became extinct, guys like Lucic would rule the hockey ocean, but as long as its 18 and the Habs can dress BGL I don't like this at all. BGL is still very freaken tough and as far as I'm concerned a true heavyweight while our boy is really a light heavyweight.

think George Foreman against Joe Frazier

and I do not want to hear Jack Edwards screaming, 'Down Goes Lucic' in his best Howard Cosell

DKH is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 11:59 AM
  #106
AgainstTheGrain8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
I say no fighting unless we can get a nice lead... Looch on Laraque, then we have every right to call anyone who doesn't want to fight Looch a wuss...

AgainstTheGrain8 is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 11:59 AM
  #107
HFboarder*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan Lucic View Post
I would LOVE to see Lucic fight Komisarek
Is Lucic a first line player?

HFboarder* is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 11:59 AM
  #108
Fredi28
Registered User
 
Fredi28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Medford, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter13z View Post
I sort of agree but it's a bit of a different situation. The reason Lucic went after Komi in the first place was because of a low hit cheap shot that komi made on him at which point he started to hide behind the refs.
Thats the big difference...if Looch were to cheap shot BGL in any way and then was challenged, I would expect him to drop the gloves. However, I guarentee Looch won't do that as it is not his style. As others have said, I see no reason for Looch to drop the mits with BGL, that is why we have Thornton in the lineup.

Fredi28 is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 12:00 PM
  #109
flannelman
merde!
 
flannelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,678
vCash: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
It wouldn't kill him that's for sure...He shouldn't seek it out, but I hope he doesn't hide behind a coaches wishes...We don't mind when Lucic beats the crap out of the Mark Bell's, Jarko Ruutu's and Matt Bradley's of the world...but he needs to answer the bell if a heavy wants him too IMO...
I don't think Lucic would do that - hide because of wishes - he seems like the type of guy who won't seek it out - but if the opportunity is there, i think he'll take it - and for his age, I think he'll fare well -

flannelman is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 12:01 PM
  #110
duckchobbins
Registered User
 
duckchobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Lou, BGL is one tough mother but he is a borderline stiff, screw him- he can go bleep himself, and I'd tell Lucic and others to bait the POC and tell him we want him on the ice. Lucic is very tough and if these rosters were one spot less and goons became extinct, guys like Lucic would rule the hockey ocean, but as long as its 18 and the Habs can dress BGL I don't like this at all. BGL is still very freaken tough and as far as I'm concerned a true heavyweight while our boy is really a light heavyweight.

think George Foreman against Joe Frazier

and I do not want to hear Jack Edwards screaming, 'Down Goes Lucic' in his best Howard Cosell
"over and under. over and under"

duckchobbins is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 12:02 PM
  #111
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 39,359
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude Julien View Post
Well said.

Guys like Laraque are on the ice for only one thing, fighting. He doesn't hit, doesn't skate, doesn't score. Lucic can provide some offense and deliver bone-crunching hits. I'd rather have Laraque on the ice as long as possible than in the box along with one of our players.
OK this is all fine, but when a Komisarek doesn't answer the bell vs Lucic don't jump all over him...He's a top pairing defenseman and far more important to them then Lucic is to us at this current point..

WBC8 is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 12:03 PM
  #112
LyleOdelein
Registered User
 
LyleOdelein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Renfrew
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
totally agree; why should Lucic fight that meathead; drop one roster spot to 17 and BGL is working for the DPW if he hasn't saved enough money.

Now if Komisarek wants to fight that is another thing; even Begin, Kostopoulus, or Lapierre- although if I was them I'd stay away from Lucic.

If I was Claude I'd tell Lucic you can fight anyone but BGL and tell him this, "because you are basically a fourth line no talented goon, I'm not to waste my time with you; however, tell any of the other knuckleheads over there I'm game'.

since Adam Mair I've read actually brought up Dany Heatley's accident and others have said pretty piss poor stuff that comment would be tame.
You are aware that Lucic scored only 3 more goals and 5 more points than Laraque last year, right? If he brought out that excuse, he would look like a complete joke. Especially if he turned around and fought someone like Begin. If he doesn't want to fight Laraque, Lucic should just ignore him. Laraque won't chase him all around looking for it if he declines and there's no real reason to fight.

LyleOdelein is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 12:03 PM
  #113
Riffo*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
OK this is all fine, but when a Komisarek doesn't answer the bell vs Lucic don't jump all over him...He's a top pairing defenseman and far more important to them then Lucic is to us at this current point..
Lucic doesn't throw cheap hits.

Riffo* is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 12:05 PM
  #114
ranold26
Registered Loser
 
ranold26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,804
vCash: 500
We will win tonight...

because I ate poutine this afternoon.

ranold26 is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 12:05 PM
  #115
Gee Wally
Grumpy
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HF retirement home
Country: United States
Posts: 39,067
vCash: 500
Awards:
Also note the WARNING on the Hab's Board:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=562096


do not go over there and troll.

All Mods regardless of team affiliation will be watching both boards tonight.

__________________

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 12:07 PM
  #116
Mr. Make-Believe
Moderator
Pass me another nail
 
Mr. Make-Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Erotic Fantasies
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein View Post
You are aware that Lucic scored only 3 more goals and 5 more points than Laraque last year, right? If he brought out that excuse, he would look like a complete joke. Especially if he turned around and fought someone like Begin. If he doesn't want to fight Laraque, Lucic should just ignore him. Laraque won't chase him all around looking for it if he declines and there's no real reason to fight.
Are you seriously implying that Laraque is as good of a hockey player as Milan Lucic? Because THAT my friend, is the REAL complete joke.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 12:08 PM
  #117
DKH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,211
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFboarder View Post
Is Lucic a first line player?
solid top 9; if your asking is he in Komisarek's league talent wise; no, but he's a good and going to be very good; anyone who knows the game knows Laroque's NHL existence is based on an extra roster spot.

Komi and Lucic play the same style of game and you have to be a freaken moron (not you, just in general) not to understand Chara vs BGL, and even Lucic vs BGL is a waste and not much good can become of it. Thornton would probably get pounded by BGL and he is a tough boy that would likely have Kostopoulos and Begin together for lunch but against BGL, he's probably going to lose.

If I was coaching I'd send a line out of Lucic and Thornton (damn Nate Thompson would have been a nice fit here) and have Thornton go with BGL and hope he can hold his own, but let Lucic get ahold of Begin and give him a beat down.

DKH is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 12:09 PM
  #118
BadBruins
Registered User
 
BadBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein View Post
You are aware that Lucic scored only 3 more goals and 5 more points than Laraque last year, right? If he brought out that excuse, he would look like a complete joke. Especially if he turned around and fought someone like Begin. If he doesn't want to fight Laraque, Lucic should just ignore him. Laraque won't chase him all around looking for it if he declines and there's no real reason to fight.
Check your math. Laraque had a grand total of 13 points last season with Pittsburgh.

Lucic had more than double the production as a 19 year old rookie.

BadBruins is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 12:11 PM
  #119
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan Lucic View Post
I would LOVE to see Lucic fight Komisarek
I'd love to see that too

Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say good luck tonight. This should be a helluva a game.

Bad Natey is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 12:11 PM
  #120
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair
 
Shoebottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 7 steps from my can
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,869
vCash: 500
Thornton will do ok vs BLG. Just wrestle him down if he gets in trouble. If BLG goes after Lucic, we just send Chara after Lantandress & Thornton after Komisarek. Why should Lucic fight a no talent goon? If the Habs don't have a skilled tough guy, thats their problem. Begin or Komisarek are the closest thing they have to Lucic, and I'd love to see either one of them try it. If they want to goon it up, let Thornton deal with it.

Shoebottom is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 12:11 PM
  #121
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 30,016
vCash: 500
habs suck, bruins will win, and there will be several beatdowns laid on their lightweight, cheap-shotting forwards. ryder scores two and habs fans across the land hold hands and cry.

neelynugs is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 12:14 PM
  #122
LyleOdelein
Registered User
 
LyleOdelein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Renfrew
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Are you seriously implying that Laraque is as good of a hockey player as Milan Lucic? Because THAT my friend, is the REAL complete joke.
Not at all. Lucic is a better player than Laraque. I was just commenting on the guy who said that Lucic should decline a fight by explaining that Laraque is nothing more than a fourth liner, but said that it would be OK for Lucic to fight Lapierre or Begin or Kostopolous (our other bottom tier forwards). I think if Lucic did that, he would look like a joke.

All this being said, Lucic has no reason to fight Laraque tonight, so I don't expect him to.

LyleOdelein is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 12:14 PM
  #123
DKH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,211
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein View Post
You are aware that Lucic scored only 3 more goals and 5 more points than Laraque last year, right? If he brought out that excuse, he would look like a complete joke. Especially if he turned around and fought someone like Begin. If he doesn't want to fight Laraque, Lucic should just ignore him. Laraque won't chase him all around looking for it if he declines and there's no real reason to fight.
trust your eyes and common sense....the only guy that matches up on Montreal for Lucic is probably Komisarek; noone really matches up with BGL; and Begin is a warrior and plays hard but he is even more out of his league against Lucic, than Lucic with Laraque.

I just hope its a good game, win or lose, after the Sox and Pats I need a good game to watch.

DKH is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 12:16 PM
  #124
LyleOdelein
Registered User
 
LyleOdelein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Renfrew
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
Check your math. Laraque had a grand total of 13 points last season with Pittsburgh.

Lucic had more than double the production as a 19 year old rookie.
Oops. I looked at his 2006-07 stats (and still added them wrong). Thanks for the correction.

LyleOdelein is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 12:17 PM
  #125
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 30,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
trust your eyes and common sense....the only guy that matches up on Montreal for Lucic is probably Komisarek; noone really matches up with BGL; and Begin is a warrior and plays hard but he is even more out of his league against Lucic, than Lucic with Laraque.

I just hope its a good game, win or lose, after the Sox and Pats I need a good game to watch.
will be interesting to see if "komi" doesn't hide behind the "it's the playoffs and i can't fight" line, and answers the bell. after he mocked lucic (he hunched over, poking fun at lucic's back) in that game, he'd better step up.

neelynugs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.