HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

who is the most likely to be traded?

View Poll Results: who is the most likely to be traded?
Hossa/Hainsey 15 14.02%
Koivu 2 1.87%
Kilger 9 8.41%
Perreault 55 51.40%
Rivet 3 2.80%
Sundstrom 6 5.61%
Other 8 7.48%
No trade at the deadline! 9 8.41%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2004, 03:16 PM
arsobro

vCash: 500

Old
02-26-2004, 03:24 PM
habitual_hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsobro
You've got Koivu listed but no Ribeiro! What's going on?

Old
02-26-2004, 03:26 PM
Brett38

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsobro
Perrault, Maybe Kilger. I don't think any prospects will leave. Maybe a few draft picks.
What's the future like for Garon with Montreal?

Old
02-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Habber

I can't see Kilger sticking around. He's been in and out of the lineup and hasn't done squat all year.

Old
02-26-2004, 04:47 PM
tritone

Double H

Hainsey , Hossa .... I think Hainsey might excel in a different environment and could potentially be a good 4th D-man for a non-contender with hopes of getting better in the next couple of years. But for the HABS he just doesn't seem to fit the system too well . I'm sure he'd be worth more somewhere else.

As for Hossa , I think he needs a change of scenery and the fear of god to start playing up to his hype.

Old
02-26-2004, 04:48 PM
goalchenyuk

Dackell ?

Old
02-26-2004, 04:53 PM
HCH

Kilger might have some appeal for a team that is rebuilding and wants a younger and relatively low cost player in return for a higher priced veteran who isn't in their long term plans.

Old
02-26-2004, 04:59 PM
youngs_habs_power

We have a lot of guys who can play nhl level has #5-6 on defense, Rivet is one of them and he can do more...sometime. We need more big guy on defense, Rivet is 205 pound. I think a lot of team love him and to do a trade, we have to give away some good players like him. He's the most tradable and in demand player of the habs in my opinion.
PS:I really never like him, but he's very great since he play on the left side.

Old
02-26-2004, 05:12 PM
tritone

Imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngs_habs_power
We have a lot of guys who can play nhl level has #5-6 on defense, Rivet is one of them and he can do more...sometime. We need more big guy on defense, Rivet is 205 pound. I think a lot of team love him and to do a trade, we have to give away some good players like him. He's the most tradable and in demand player of the habs in my opinion.
PS:I really never like him, but he's very great since he play on the left side.
I think trading Rivet would be a big mistake . He's part of the nucleus , like him or not he has been and is a very important part of the d-core at the moment and I don't think any D-man coming in from a trade could fill those shoes as quickly...unless we're looking at a very top notch player , in which case we would have to trade more than Rivet to get it.

Old
02-26-2004, 05:28 PM
youngs_habs_power

Rivet's ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
I think trading Rivet would be a big mistake . He's part of the nucleus , like him or not he has been and is a very important part of the d-core at the moment and I don't think any D-man coming in from a trade could fill those shoes as quickly...unless we're looking at a very top notch player , in which case we would have to trade more than Rivet to get it.
I think he's important in this moment too, but Souray will come back for the playoff and we have komi who he MUST play, for his developpement. Our force is our defence, but 2 years ago we beat Boston with only Theo and some big goals in good time. I think we can get a guy for the two first line to score goal for him. We will maybe add draft choice, but we need more offence than defence.
To take Rivet's place, we have Dykhuis and after that, Souray will be back.

Old
02-26-2004, 06:03 PM
RE-HABS

I say Perreault. Even if he does have a no trade clause he will lift it to play every day...it will only help his UFA status, not hamper it like it is by being benched.

Old
02-26-2004, 06:04 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitual_hab
You've got Koivu listed but no Ribeiro! What's going on?
Notice no one voted for him though

Old
02-26-2004, 06:06 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I think Kilger is as good as gone and probably Perrault

Old
02-27-2004, 05:28 AM
#1 Habitant

vCash:
Poll

As far as I'm concerned, I don't think Gainey is going to tinker too much with our current lineup. He obviously does not believe in bringing in a new guy by way of trade just before the deadline for fear of destroying the team's chemistry. I think his biggest trades will be on draft day or in the summer.
If a trade does occur, it will not be a blockbuster deal as some would like to dream about. It will be a 3rd or 4th line player added for size, defensive insurance or similar. What many fail to remember is that we have a pretty decent offensive team right now. The Habs have proven that they can play with the best and beat them. I think when they're all healthy, we have one of the best defence core in the entire league which will only get better with time.
As for players traded, I believe it will be either Perreault, Sundstrom, or Kilger. Our prospects are staying - Hossa, Hainsey, etc will not be traded. Why do we want to become like TO with little left in the cupboard? Contrary to what many have said about Hainsey and Hossa, time is on their side and they will mature into very decent players for the Habs. Keep in mind, Gainey studied the situation for several months and knows what talent we have. Have faith in Bob and Andre!! Go Habs!

Old
02-27-2004, 09:08 AM
Darz

I think there is a good possibility that none of the players will be moved, but I'm sure Gainey has been looking at many different things the past few weeks.

I'm sure he has been getting the low down on Hainseys and Hossas progress in the AHL. If he's getting reports that one or both this guys stock is continuing to fall, I wouldn't be shock if one or both was moved. I mean at some point you have to decide what to do with these guys and if they are proving that they can cut it, you must move on.

Perreault and Kilger are the most obvious choices as far as on the roster goes imo. I don't think Gainey is looking into any big deals and Kilger and/or Perreault being moved wouldn't be deemed a big shakeup and could open up spots for others. The recent injury to Bulis has probelely delayed or stop any potentail Perreault for draft pick talks Gainey might of been having.

Old
02-27-2004, 09:47 AM
Dragon

If the team is winning, I can't see management letting any player go including Perreault and Kilger. If we are losing then players like Kilger or Dackell may go.
If we keep winning I can see management to go out and ADD a role player for depth. I can see they'll go out and get a 6th D who is better than Bouillon but nothing more.

Closed Thread