HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

"SNAKEBIT" the Movie. Starring.......

Old
10-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
50!? I'd settle for Petr getting 25 at this point, something I don't see happening at all. Again, can't even compare what Graves brought to the table vs Petr Puck.
Posters are saying Prucha only scored because of JJ. That his goals were garbage bang in goals that thier sister could score. Well Adam Graves has given this same credit to Mark Messier himself and no one is going to argue most of Adams goals were of the garbage/bang in variety. One player is being shiped out in a deal for a mid round pick and the other is having his number raised to the rafters........I just find that strange.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Posters are saying Prucha only scored because of JJ. That his goals were garbage bang in goals that thier sister could score. Well Adam Graves has given this same credit to Mark Messier himself and no one is going to argue most of Adams goals were of the garbage/bang in variety. One player is being shiped out in a deal for a mid round pick and the other is having his number raised to the rafters........I just find that strange.
Scoring 'garbage goals' in the NHL consistently is not as easy as people make it out to be.

When I think about what Prucha did his first year I think of that end to end goal he scored against Edmonton, Jagr wasnt even on the ice. I just wonder where that Prucha went, cause that guy not only showed skill and hard work, but confidence in his ability.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Scoring 'garbage goals' in the NHL consistently is not as easy as people make it out to be.

When I think about what Prucha did his first year I think of that end to end goal he scored against Edmonton, Jagr wasnt even on the ice. I just wonder where that Prucha went, cause that guy not only showed skill and hard work, but confidence in his ability.

That right there is the answer to your own question.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
And then you have to say when is enough enough?

Old
10-16-2008, 01:12 PM
In The Flesh

I just hope Renney doesn't put Rissmiller or Fritsche in anymore, they stink.

Either give Pru consistant ice time or do him a favor and trade him, maybe somewhere like TOR or FLA, ATL maybe idk.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 01:24 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Some of his rookie year stats:
Prucha scored 16 of his 30 goals on PP.
On the PP, Jagr had the primary assist on 9 & secondary on 5.
On even strength, Jagr had 3 primary assists, 0 secondary

On his first 11 goals, Jagr had 6 primary assists & 1 secondary assist. Therefore on his first 11 goals of the season, Jagr contributed to 64% (55% primary) of Prucha's goals.

From his 12th goal of that season to his 30th goal (18 goals), Jagr had 3 primary assists and 4 secondary assists. Therefore on his last 18 goals of the season, Jagr contributed to 39% (17% primary) of Prucha's goals.

On even strength Nylander had 6 primary assists (10 total including PP).
Sykora, Strudwick, Rozsival, Rucinsky contributed for 5 primary assists

I would say that Nylander was more instrumental than Jagr in Prucha's rookie season after those first couple of months.

ES Rozsival
PP Tyutin Nylander
PP Jagr
PP Jagr Nylander
ES Jagr
ES Jagr Strudwick
PP Straka Jagr
PP Jagr Rucinsky
PP Straka Rucinsky
ES Nylander
ES Jagr
ES Nylander Poti
PP Poti Jagr
PP Poti Straka
ES Nylander J Ward
PP Jagr Rucinsky
ES Nylander
ES Nylander Straka
ES Rozsival
PP Straka Rucinsky
ES Rucinsky
ES Sykora Rozsival
PP Nylander Jagr
PP Straka Rucinsky
ES Strudwick Poti
ES Nylander Lundqvist
PP Jagr Ozolinsh
PP Nylander Jagr
PP Jagr Rozsival
PP Sykora Jagr
So Jagr has 17 assists on 30 goals with is more than 50% doesn't consitute a big impact? All those line combos that assisted on those other goals have one thing in common, they all played with Jagr too, so chances are Jagr was out on the ice for a few of the 13 foals he did nor get assists on.

Jagr was our best player & always got the teams best defenders put on him, that would give Prucha better chances, cmbomje that with him bein an unknown & he put together a great rookie season & a decent, 2nd season but has done nothing since.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 01:30 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
I think I just miss Petr goal celebration grin.
me too.

Like I said earlier, lets hope Renney keeps playing him so we can find out once & for all. Shanny ain't coming back, Jagr is gone,It's all up to Prucha now.

Old
10-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
I just hope Renney doesn't put Rissmiller or Fritsche in anymore, they stink.

Either give Pru consistant ice time or do him a favor and trade him, maybe somewhere like TOR or FLA, ATL maybe idk.
I don't understand this, he's looked okay in the limited time he's gotten so far.

Old
10-16-2008, 01:32 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
I would just like to point out that whenever Nylander was on the Ice so was Jagr. If Nylander has a puck and the other two wingers were Prucha and Jagr. Who do you think will get more attention? I'll give you a hint: Its not Prucha, but it is Jagr. Nylander was a master of stickhandling, and passing, and created many passing lanes on his own. Jagr let him create even more by his mere presence, he ALWAYS has to be accounted for and many times it was two players on him to try to stop him from getting the puck. Hence prucha being wide open for many rebounds, and easy goals.

also don't forget that on the PP there was Straka who was playing great that year, and Rosy who had a good year. Prucha was basically forgotten about b/c he was playing w/ so many good players. They made him into a 30 goal scorer that year. He was just the benefit of it. It becomes more and more obvious w/ each passing game you watch of Prucha. he does NOTHING on his own.
And Straka was the point man that year too. Prucha had the wing.

Old
10-16-2008, 01:35 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:

Prucha's first 25 goals. After watching that you can't say that he didn't create any goals or that they weren't a product of hard work and skill. My favorites, one at 6:00 and one at 5:02.

He was playing in a spot where he didn't have pressure on him and his coach showed some confidence in him. You make it sound like he didn't earn any of his goal.

Sure he had quite a few slam dunk goals, but he did a lot more that year. You can't tell me he had zero skill with all those goals he scored.

I never said any of that. He took advantage of his oppurtunitys, scoring on his chances, wether it be luck or skill, whatever it was he isn't & has not done it the past season & a half.

Old
10-16-2008, 01:43 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
I remember Graves having at least one 30+ seasons after Messier left, I also recall him having 8 out of 9 20 plus goal seasons & would have had 9 in a row if not for the lock out. Adam Graves was also the beating heart & soul of this team, somthing that Prucha will never be. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Last edited by The Thomas J.*: 10-16-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old
10-16-2008, 01:46 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:

Quote:

I think that about sums it up, I can't question his Heart, or ability he puts himself out there every night, he hasn't put it all together in a while, Like I've said over & over again, Renney should play him & lets see what happens.

Old
10-16-2008, 02:02 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13

Quote:
Anyone who has ever played the game will know, if you ever get the dreaded monkey on your back it can be very hard and frustrating to shake. Even much harder if you're not being played consistently. You get out there and you're holding your stick way too tight. Sometimes you have to let the puck come to you... and it will.

Prucha had the most hustle out of anyone last night and was pretty much the only one that made me rise out of my seat a few times. He has the skill, and if Renney sticks with him for another 6-10 games playing consistent minutes - results will come.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 05:20 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
He will only start scoring with 1 of 2 ways

1. Gets Traded
2. Keeps a steady roster spot and gets rewarded for creating chances like he is.

He was one of the if not the best forward tonight, he just couldn't finish. If he keeps getting chances like that, he has to put it in eventually. Tonight was just not the Rangers night.

3. A miracle

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 05:31 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
The babying of Prucha continues unabated around here. I don't care that he looks good out there and hustles, if he is not putting the puck in the net, or helping someone else do it... he is a waste of a roster spot.

When someone has been "snakebit" for the last year it is no longer referred to as snakebit. It is "not NHL material."

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 05:33 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
The babying of Prucha continues unabated around here. I don't care that he looks good out there and hustles, if he is not putting the puck in the net, or helping someone else do it... he is a waste of a roster spot.

When someone has been "snakebit" for the last year it is no longer referred to as snakebit. It is "not NHL material."
Fine we do baby him a bit. However, on the other hand, there are those who bash prucha to no end no matter how he players. Then there are those who baby Dawes as well. Where no matter how he plays he gets the pass because of his potential and because he's scored in every league he's played in. Also Prucha hasn't gotten a steady look since his sophomore season when Shanahan was hurt. It's hard to get your groove back when you haven't had a consistent roll on the team for that long a time.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 05:47 PM
LyNX27

Quote:

Prucha's first 25 goals. After watching that you can't say that he didn't create any goals or that they weren't a product of hard work and skill. My favorites, one at 6:00 and one at 5:02.

He was playing in a spot where he didn't have pressure on him and his coach showed some confidence in him. You make it sound like he didn't earn any of his goal.

Sure he had quite a few slam dunk goals, but he did a lot more that year. You can't tell me he had zero skill with all those goals he scored.
He has it in him, and hes been getting the chances to become a 30 goal scorer again, although i'd settle for 20, but to be honest, the guy should be played... if we had to move someone and the Playstation line died. I would have no problem putting Prucha up top to get a line jumpstarted, atleast he brings energy if not his game...

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 05:50 PM
mti79

vCash: 50
Quote:

Yeah, cause who wants that? Dammit Petr, you should have been invisible last night against Buffalo... just like the rest of your teammates. Shame on you for almost scoring. I just don't know what that guy is thinking....

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 05:55 PM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
Yeah, cause who wants that? Dammit Petr, you should have been invisible last night against Buffalo... just like the rest of your teammates. Shame on you for almost scoring. I just don't know what that guy is thinking....
Prucha should be ashamed for coming close... even touching the puck, hustle doesn't turn into opportunities, it only shows how bad you suck...

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 05:04 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Prucha looks good most games... but most of you would have him play every game. He could play 82 games and have 6 points and the Prucha crowd would scream bloody murder when he's scratched for a playoff game.

"But he tries so hard!!!"

I repeat, he is babied like Ranger fans gave birth to him.

Old
10-17-2008, 05:29 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Prucha looks good most games... but most of you would have him play every game. He could play 82 games and have 6 points and the Prucha crowd would scream bloody murder when he's scratched for a playoff game.

"But he tries so hard!!!"

I repeat, he is babied like Ranger fans gave birth to him.
you mean the same exact pace that drury is at in turns of points? I think ranger fans including myself would stop babying Prucha if he actually got the chance to prove himself. If he was given 10-15 games to do so and he couldnt produce in that span, THEN people will start giving up. But nooooo Prucha cant produce while drury has done jack ****, but drury's intantgibles are too important... Please

Honestly is giving Prucha about 15 games to see if hes still got it so hard for Renney to give?

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 05:32 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Petr Prucha

Where did this guys mojo go? He gets chances. Quality ones. My little sister could score on some of those quality chances. Maybe for Petrs sake he needs a fresh start.
Movie? More like a sequel.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 05:48 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
you mean the same exact pace that drury is at in turns of points? I think ranger fans including myself would stop babying Prucha if he actually got the chance to prove himself. If he was given 10-15 games to do so and he couldnt produce in that span, THEN people will start giving up. But nooooo Prucha cant produce while drury has done jack ****, but drury's intantgibles are too important... Please

Honestly is giving Prucha about 15 games to see if hes still got it so hard for Renney to give?
Drury is a better player than Prucha... that is not even up for debate.

I love Prucha, but he has proven more worthless with each season.

He can't play center, Drury can.
He can't win faceoffs, Drury can.
He can't backcheck, Drury can.
He can't PK, Drury is one of the best.

Yeah, he and Drury are having trouble scoring lately, my money is on Dru picking it up before Pru.

And I feel the need to say... I don't dislike Prucha!!! I want him to come around! I just dont think he will...

Old
12-20-2008, 11:35 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Been looking for this thread for a while. I think the new star of this "movie" is Wade Redden. Really hasn't looked the same since October. For the lack of better words, he's been sucking lately. It seems like someone took his mojo away and hasn't given it back.

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 12:24 AM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

play petr

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote