Notices

Gameday: Wild @ Stars - 2004-02-27

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2004, 11:04 AM
ceber

vCash: 500
Gameday: Wild @ Stars - 2004-02-27

Not much motivation for me on this one, due to last night's game. If the Gophers were on FSN tonight I'd possibly end up watching that instead. Anyway, enough of my whining, let's get to the gameday thread! Woo!

M. Chouinard sprained his thumb punching Tootoo last night. It's bad enough that he needed help getting dressed (Dupuis got the assist) and he will not play tonight. Dowd and Roli also still out. So, there should be room for Zyuzin. Hopefully he'll get back into the swing of things.

In my opinion, it's time to stop fooling around with this idea that they can make the playoffs if they just put together a really amazing string of wins. Maybe the guys need to start playing for pride and future contracts. Something's gotta change, somehow. We know they can play better, they seem to know it, the coaches think so... I think something needs to snap into place, and maybe admitting that they will not make the playoffs could do it. *shrug*

Old
02-27-2004, 11:06 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Wild 2-1 Stars.. Fernandez owns Dallas..

Old
02-27-2004, 04:37 PM
ceber

http://www.wild.com/team/006/786/

Veilleux and Burns recalled.

That was a quick conditioning assignment. Burns had a cross-checking penalty, 1 shot, and 1 assist in his game, btw.

So, do they play tonight? I hope.. Let's start running some of the kids. Also, let's release the defensive reigns and let the team run a little more, huh?

Old
02-27-2004, 05:15 PM
GaborikRules10!!!

Please Play the Kids tonight Jacque!

Old
02-27-2004, 05:54 PM
Kristofer

5-1 Dallas
Veilleux(if he doens't play make it E.Chouinard) scores for the Wild

Old
02-27-2004, 06:33 PM
theo6060

3-1 Stars. Burns will finally get to play and will score the lone Wild goal.

Old
02-27-2004, 08:05 PM
vitogor

I think Wild will lose, but it won't be a stinker like last night. 4-3 maybe Four seems to be the number for Fernandez lately, so I'll go with that. Wild goals by Park, Bruno, and one of Kuba/Schultz.

On a side note, sucks that Marc C. is out. I remember thinking last night that he looked hurt in the penalty box, looked like his hand was bothering him. His value to this team more than doubled in my eyes when he took on that little punk Tootoo, and then skated to Henry and asked him if he was OK (even though Marc himself was obviously hurt). That was the only bright spot for me in last night's game. The Wild better follow his lead tonight and come out to play, not for the play-offs (screw the play-offs, they are out of reach), but FOR ONE ANOTHER! Way to go Marc!

Old
02-27-2004, 11:25 PM
ceber

Nice call, theo6060. You win the cookie.

Definitely a much better effort tonight, but the first and third could've used some freakin' puck control and shots on goal. I liked the energy Veilleux brought with him. Burns started well, but seemed to fade. Bouchard had a decent game... nothing outstanding, but I like his speed, that's for sure. Daigle continues to make some wonderful passes that lead nowhere. I want to see him on this team when everyone's clicking. I think he'd be really quite good. Everyone got to make some mistakes tonight. Hopefully they learn from 'em. Ideal teaching situation we've got here, and Lemaire is supposed to be one of the best when it comes to teaching.

How 'bout that Wiemer fight? First off, way to kick a guy's butt. I watched that in slo-mo a couple of times and Wiemer didn't get touched. He landed at least two, maybe three very good, solid hits. To add insult to injury, the refs hand out the instigator. Is that because Boucher was wearing the visor and he went after Wiemer who wasn't? Unfortunately, despite the clear win by Wiemer and the penalties I think that actually fired up the Stars a little too much.
Nice group of Wild fans there tonight. I liked being able to hear the "let's go Wild" chant in enemy territory.

Oh well, on to the next one. I hope Veilleux gets at least another game.

Old
02-29-2004, 12:41 AM
theo6060

Nice, I will enjoy this cookie and hold it close to me for, about 10 seconds. I think that's the first prediction I've finally got right.

Closed Thread